Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do you think Gus wants Houston to succeed?

Started by Porkem, May 08, 2007, 01:06:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Honestly?

Yes
95 (41.1%)
No
136 (58.9%)

Total Members Voted: 215

Porkem

"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

redbarn

I don't think Gus cares one way or the other.  I think he is more concerned on his team succeeding and has no desire to be involved one way or the other with  Nutt or his "high school name calling" assistant coaches.
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

HawgWyld

I, too, doubt that he cares. He's probably glad to be away from the UA and is content to leave the kennel to Lassie. Malzahn has a job that should keep him busy for some time and I'd hope that he's concentrating on that.

Porkem

I take it your answers are NO...or is that a HELL NO?  C'mon boys...quit spinnin' and be honest...with yourselves.  It's like Hollywood...it's not enough that I succeed...but  you must fail...tis...tis...human nature...and Gus...and the Baptists....are no exception...and I'm a Baptist too...no excuse!
Quote from: butchdavisisback on May 08, 2007, 01:06:34 am
Baptists be honest here!
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

USAF Hog

I'm sure he's going to track the Hogs, but I don't see that he would care one way or another.

Really.  :razorback:

HoopS

May 08, 2007, 05:51:19 am #5 Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 09:04:50 am by HoopSlap
I would think that he wants the players that he bonded with to do well.   I think he wants the UofA to do well.  I can't say what  he thinks of the coaches.  I really have no idea.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: redbarn on May 08, 2007, 01:17:20 am
I don't think Gus cares one way or the other.  I think he is more concerned on his team succeeding and has no desire to be involved one way or the other with  Nutt or his "high school name calling" assistant coaches.

Ditto.
Go Hogs Go!

oldman1015

Arkansas, the left lane state.

HogHillbilly

I don't think he cares...................But deep down, NO
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Choctaw Hog

I actually think Gus would like to kick the Nutts.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: butchdavisisback on May 08, 2007, 02:09:06 am
I take it your answers are NO...or is that a HELL NO?  C'mon boys...quit spinnin' and be honest...with yourselves.  It's like Hollywood...it's not enough that I succeed...but  you must fail...tis...tis...human nature...and Gus...and the Baptists....are no exception...and I'm a Baptist too...no excuse!
Quote from: butchdavisisback on May 08, 2007, 01:06:34 am
Baptists be honest here!

If I were Gus, you would be exactly right.  I would be respectful of my evil former boss, but I would find satisfaction in Nutt getting bit by karma.

However, I seriously doubt that Gus cares.  He is onto the next thing.  I think that is just his mentality.

mword

If I was Gus, and I'd had to put with a piss poor coach like Nutt, I'd want him to fail big time.

HOGWILD_F4I

Gus has one goal on his mind: improving the Tulsa offense.  I honestly think Gus probably doesn't give a rats @$$ about Nutt.

spudhog

i don't think he cares. maybe some of the uofa assistant's he might feel the need to root against.

rocksalt

I agree, Gus has moved on and has greater priorities. Regardless, I do think Gus wants to be MORE SUCCESSFUL than HDN. Just a little more salt on the wound that way.
It's a Mother-In-Law defense - Constant Pressure and Harrassment.   J. Pelphrey

We are on the "Highway to Hellphrey"...  "40 minutes of Hellphrey" !      Hogfans

taoteching

I am surprised by anyone thinking that "wants" really matter to anybody.

I think Gus is totally (100%) concerned about his Tulsa team.  He knows that thinking or wanting anything is totally useless. The only thing that matters is what he has control over.

Having said the above, I will bet one dollar that Gus is not sending any text messages that are not related to his job.  I will also bet that no one on his staff or family is sending (or forwarding) any emails that are not positive and constructive.

BigDeal

Why in the world would he want Coach Nutt to fail ?

pastalady

Gus is not the type of man that would wish ill or failure on anyone, even HDN.  He only cares about the boys that he has coached and that they have winning seasons and where he is coaching now. 

jdlew

Gus is the only one to come out of this without scars......and he is the one that granted permisson to write the book. The first big mistake.

jackflash

I think he cares about the Arkansas program to much, to let how he might feel about Nutt effect him. I think he has a chance to become the Arkansas Head Coach in time, He is working for Tulsa now, making them the best offense he can will be all he thinking about.

I BLEED RBack RED

Gus loves Arkansas...and I believe that deep down he wants Houston to fail that way maybe he can be our head coach....
The 3 things I can't live without are family, my razorbacks, and beer (not in any particular order).

NuttinItUp

Gus is a stand up guy. I doubt he harbors any ill will towards anyone.

W_KY_Hog

If I were Gus I think I wouldn't try to think about HDN at all.

I would try to move on.

Bitterness just saps your energy.

grizzlyhawg

I don't think he is in a position to really care too much.  I bet he wants the players who played for him that haven't left for California to do well.

But Gus in his own situation is still probably pinching himself each morning when he wakes up and realizes he is coaching college ball.

sage_dragoon

Seeing how he's stated a hog fan and has relationships with former players, I'm sure he hopes they do well.  He may not necessarily be rooting for HDN but for the overall success of the team, like many fans do.
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

D-Maczone

Unless you ask him and he tells you.......how can you even begin to know how or what he feels??

badbeagle

hogman64

Do you think Houston wants Gus to succeed?.......NO

coach5779

Who cares?  Gus is no longer a part of the Razorbacks (FOR WHATEVER REASON).  He should, and probably is more worried about Tulsa then what is going on here.  The "fans" are trying to make a bigger deal out of things by continuously asking questions like this.
Woo Pig Sooiee!!

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: grizzlyhawg on May 08, 2007, 12:58:26 pm
I don't think he is in a position to really care too much.  I bet he wants the players who played for him that haven't left for California to do well.

But Gus in his own situation is still probably pinching himself each morning when he wakes up and realizes he is coaching college ball.

He's been coaching college ball for over a year now.  I'm sure that he is used to it. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

granny grunt

Gus knows what kind of coach Nutt is and he probably has a very good idea of how much success Nutt will have.  I don't think he cares one way or the other.  
 Gus believes that he is where he is supposed to be[Tulsa] and that.... "All things work together for good,  to them that love God."

TheNuttlessFrontier

Successful career people don't dwell on the past.  Seeing as how Gus Malzhan has a record of success, I have a hard time believing he is looking over his shoulder at the mess he's not having to be a part of.

Porkem

Gus has tremendous character and genuinely cares for the UA players.  Nutt and Herring, on the other hand, disrepected him at every turn.  I think Gus would take the high road and not publicly say anything negative.  Now if you're Gus, and you're talking with your family and close, close friends, you would probably tell them what you really thought of Nutt and Herring.  I bet Gus has told the Tulsa coaches about all the back-stabbing if they didn't know about it already.

Justme

I would imagine Gus is so glad to be away from that mess on the hill, he's just enjoying his new job and life.  That year must have been a true nightmare for him.

Porkem

I agree 100 percent BLEED...maybe when he gets a little more experience...he'll come back here as the head coach.  You never know...I could see a scenario where Dale is fired...Butch Davis comes here...wins a national championship in three years and takes the big money in the NFL before retirement and thus, opens the door for Gus to come back.
Quote from: I BLEED RBack RED on May 08, 2007, 12:48:31 pm
Gus loves Arkansas...and I believe that deep down he wants Houston to fail that way maybe he can be our head coach....

madjudge

Ditto

I BLEED RBack RED

Quote from: butchdavisisback on May 08, 2007, 03:54:08 pm
I agree 100 percent BLEED...maybe when he gets a little more experience...he'll come back here as the head coach.  You never know...I could see a scenario where Dale is fired...Butch Davis comes here...wins a national championship in three years and takes the big money in the NFL before retirement and thus, opens the door for Gus to come back.
+1 Someone finally agrees with me!!
The 3 things I can't live without are family, my razorbacks, and beer (not in any particular order).

TheNuttlessFrontier

Quote from: butchdavisisback on May 08, 2007, 03:47:16 pm
Gus has tremendous character and genuinely cares for the UA players.  Nutt and Herring, on the other hand, disrepected him at every turn.  I think Gus would take the high road and not publicly say anything negative.  Now if you're Gus, and you're talking with your family and close, close friends, you would probably tell them what you really thought of Nutt and Herring.  I bet Gus has told the Tulsa coaches about all the back-stabbing if they didn't know about it already.

I usually agree with you but not on this.  Gus Malzhan is everything the Razorback coaching staff is not....meaning he's a man of class and integrity who demonstrates grace by the life he lives.  I don't think he feels a need to let others know how he was mistreated.  That's just my humble opinion, though.

woodworth

Quote from: I BLEED RBack RED on May 08, 2007, 04:00:48 pm

He was scheming for the HC job while he was here, why wouldn't he be hoping it would open up now?

rocksalt

Quote from: woodworth on May 08, 2007, 04:08:01 pm
Quote from: I BLEED RBack RED on May 08, 2007, 04:00:48 pm

He was scheming for the HC job while he was here, why wouldn't he be hoping it would open up now?

Houston, is that you ?
It's a Mother-In-Law defense - Constant Pressure and Harrassment.   J. Pelphrey

We are on the "Highway to Hellphrey"...  "40 minutes of Hellphrey" !      Hogfans

seeya

Quote from: schweine on May 08, 2007, 09:23:23 am
If I was Gus, and I'd had to put with a piss poor coach like Nutt, I'd want him to fail big time.

Gus is the root cause of this. He was a brand new coach and he encouraged an ego-mom to go over his bosses head. That is insubordination. He was a key to MM success. When they couldn't get it done on the field they started behind the back high school antics. Gus was demoted, mitch was run off and ego-mom was cancelled. Gus failed miserably as a coach here. He won games, won awards but never won the players or bosses respect on the field or in the locker room. MM failed greatly as a player and leader here. Neither gained acceptance by the players or the coaches. That's the reason he and MM are gone. They produced poor results in leadership, then challenged the system of a winning team and lost.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: seeya on May 08, 2007, 04:39:23 pm

Gus is the root cause of this. He was a brand new coach and he encouraged an ego-mom to go over his bosses head. That is insubordination. He was a key to MM success. When they couldn't get it done on the field they started behind the back high school antics. Gus was demoted, mitch was run off and ego-mom was cancelled. Gus failed miserably as a coach here. He won games, won awards but never won the players or bosses respect on the field or in the locker room. MM failed greatly as a player and leader here. Neither gained acceptance by the players or the coaches. That's the reason he and MM are gone. They produced poor results in leadership, then challenged the system of a winning team and lost.

Amazing.  You must be here just to stir up trouble.  That was just not anywhere close to rational, logical, or honest thought.
Retired Radio Host

The Marmot

Quote from: seeya on May 08, 2007, 04:39:23 pm

Gus is the root cause of this. He was a brand new coach and he encouraged an ego-mom to go over his bosses head. That is insubordination. He was a key to MM success. When they couldn't get it done on the field they started behind the back high school antics. Gus was demoted, mitch was run off and ego-mom was cancelled. Gus failed miserably as a coach here. He won games, won awards but never won the players or bosses respect on the field or in the locker room. MM failed greatly as a player and leader here. Neither gained acceptance by the players or the coaches. That's the reason he and MM are gone. They produced poor results, then challenged the system of a winning team and they lost.

Please, enlighten us:

1. How did Gus encourage Beck to go over Nutts head?
2. How did Gus fail miserably? He was a part of the team going 10-4.
3. How did MM fail greatly? He was a freshman who was expected to be redshirted.
4. How did they "challenge the system"?

I am no S'dale disciple and not really concerned they are gone, but don't type out of your a$$ just b/c you hate them for some reason. If your going to spout off like this, back it up.

BTW, are you and DOOKIEHEAD roommates?
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Porkem

You may be right...Gus may have never said a bad word to anybody...but I don't think anyone is that strong.  Don't you think he would have confided in at least one person?  If not his wife, then maybe a very close friend?  I admire Gus a great deal and agree with everhthing you said. I just don't think anyone, including Gus, is that strong....mentally or spiritually.
Quote from: gators_fear_dmac on May 08, 2007, 04:06:40 pm

I usually agree with you but not on this.  Gus Malzhan is everything the Razorback coaching staff is not....meaning he's a man of class and integrity who demonstrates grace by the life he lives.  I don't think he feels a need to let others know how he was mistreated.  That's just my humble opinion, though.

TheNuttlessFrontier

Quote from: butchdavisisback on May 08, 2007, 04:46:57 pm
You may be right...Gus may have never said a bad word to anybody...but I don't think anyone is that strong.  Don't you think he would have confided in at least one person?  If not his wife, then maybe a very close friend?  I admire Gus a great deal and agree with everhthing you said. I just don't think anyone, including Gus, is that strong....mentally or spiritually.

I don't know if GM is that strong spiritually or mentally but I can assure that I know people who are.  There's a good chance you talk to some of them on here everyday.

VANVONDENBURGH

Gus hopes that his NEW coach is successful...and that is all he should be concerned about.

Porkem

Yeah I've noticed a lot of really strong, spiritual people on this site.  Hogville is just overflowing with good, decent folks that love the Lord and love their coaches...kinda scary huh?
Quote from: gators_fear_dmac on May 08, 2007, 04:50:29 pm

I don't know if GM is that strong spiritually or mentally but I can assure that I know people who are.  There's a good chance you talk to some of them on here everyday.

TheNuttlessFrontier

Quote from: butchdavisisback on May 08, 2007, 05:14:44 pm
Yeah I've noticed a lot of really strong, spiritual people on this site.  Hogville is just overflowing with good, decent folks that love the Lord and love their coaches...kinda scary huh?
Quote from: gators_fear_dmac on May 08, 2007, 04:50:29 pm

Lol...I think "overflowing" might be a tad bit of an over-statement.