Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

But Houston Nutt is the one who is looking bad?

Started by arkjay19, May 06, 2007, 01:36:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arkjay19

May 06, 2007, 01:36:53 pm Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 01:39:35 pm by arkhog9
sure doesn't seem like it

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/stewart_mandel/05/02/cfb.mailbag/1.html  -  halfway down the page

"It is without question the strangest, most self-destructive atmosphere I've ever seen surrounding a program."

"What these people don't seem to realize is that while the things they're accusing him of -- mistreating QB phenom Mitch Mustain, breaking promises to offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn, having a relationship with a female TV anchor that may or may not have been appropriate -- may be offensive to some, they're not exactly fireable offenses."

"What's most amazing about the situation is that the fans at the center of it (who seem to be a small but powerful minority) have become so consumed by Nutt and his alleged lies that they've allowed the story to completely overshadow what could be their greatest team in 30 years this coming season, one that includes the best player in the country, Darren McFadden."

forrest city joe

He's Wrong. if we find out that he and his brother were behind sending an email like that to one of his own players. he should be fired on the spot. PERIOD! this guy got it wrong.

PiggyBack

Quote from: arkhog9 on May 06, 2007, 01:36:53 pm

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/stewart_mandel/05/02/cfb.mailbag/1.html

"It is without question the strangest, most self-destructive atmosphere I've ever seen surrounding a program."

"What these people don't seem to realize is that while the things they're accusing him of -- mistreating QB phenom Mitch Mustain, breaking promises to offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn, having a relationship with a female TV anchor that may or may not have been appropriate -- may be offensive to some, they're not exactly fireable offenses."

"What's most amazing about the situation is that the fans at the center of it (who seem to be a small but powerful minority) have become so consumed by Nutt and his alleged lies that they've allowed the story to completely overshadow what could be their greatest team in 30 years this coming season, one that includes the best player in the country, Darren McFadden."

Do you know how silly you look when you continue to rush to the defense of the indefensible?
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

hogman64

Quote from: forrest city joe on May 06, 2007, 01:40:45 pm
                           He's Wrong. if we find out that he and his brother were behind sending an email like that to one of his own players. he should be fired on the spot. PERIOD! this guy got it wrong.

EXACTLY

arkjay19

of course, everybody's wrong except for us genius Razorback fans, they just need to stop picking on us, wah wah wah wah.  gimme a break

bphi11ips

First, Mandel doesn't have a clue. 

Second, if mistreating Mustain in the way a majority (not a minority) of informed fans think he did is not a firing offense, then I can't think of a good reason to fire a coach. 

Third, who cares what Nutt did with DB?  I don't, but to those who believe it is a legitimate issue, Mandel didn't think getting a lap dance was a firing offense either.  See this link:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/stewart_mandel/news/2003/05/03/mandel_price/

The Alabama athletic department disagreed.  What's worse - a lap dance or adultery?
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

malzhanista

The writer called the broyles complex, spoke with trainer for a few minutes, and puked up that column.
That writer is uninformed.
You huggers do not enjoy that excuse.

forrest city joe

The question is,were Nutt and his brother Danny behind the email TP sent to Mitch. if that is found to be the case and nutt is not fired for it. something is very wrong in fayetteville, and in college football.

oldtimerhog

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/stewart_mandel/05/02/cfb.mailbag/1.html  -  halfway down the page

They are all fireable offenses when your salary, cell phone, computer, etc... are funded with public money.  The taxpayers will hold him accountable.  We are not a minority, Nutt supporters are.....
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

oldtimerhog

Quote from: bphi11ips on May 06, 2007, 01:49:09 pm
First, Mandel doesn't have a clue. 

Second, if mistreating Mustain in the way a majority (not a minority) of informed fans think he did is not a firing offense, then I can't think of a good reason to fire a coach. 

Third, who cares what Nutt did with DB?  I don't, but to those who believe it is a legitimate issue, Mandel didn't think getting a lap dance was a firing offense either.  See this link:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/stewart_mandel/news/2003/05/03/mandel_price/

The Alabama athletic department disagreed.  What's worse - a lap dance or adultery?

Of course adultery is a fireable offense.  He is a roll model for 18-22 year old boys in a public institution.  Nutt doesn't get it, but he is a role model and a bad one at that!
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

jackflash

What if it found that were not behind the email? where do we go from their? Will they ever listen to us again? gentleman if this back fires, he will be here a long time.

MuskogeeHogFan

Clearly an attempt to divert Arkansas from the cleansing of their football program through negative press and a dilluting of the truth.
Go Hogs Go!

jpenrod1

I think that if those things are found true than he should be fired, but i agree with this writer that to the outside world all of this is making our program look bad. regardless of whose fault it is. if we lose nutt we will not get better at this rate. Oh and by the way. this adultery thing just needs to be dropped. first of all it is none of our business, it is a family matter, second we have not even the slightest bit of proof. these rumors of adultery are nothing but people who hate nutt. i am fine with investigating the MM thing because that is something you need to know about a coach and something that is school related. His personal matters no matter how wrong they are, are not our business. we need to just back off there. But i do think we need to keep looking at all the facts keep digging in the mm case but try not to make it so public. We want someone to be able to come after nutt who can win games.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jpenrod1 on May 06, 2007, 02:22:00 pm

I think that if those things are found true than he should be fired, but i agree with this writer that to the outside world all of this is making our program look bad. regardless of whose fault it is. if we lose nutt we will not get better at this rate. Oh and by the way. this adultery thing just needs to be dropped. first of all it is none of our business, it is a family matter, second we have not even the slightest bit of proof. these rumors of adultery are nothing but people who hate nutt. i am fine with investigating the MM thing because that is something you need to know about a coach and something that is school related. His personal matters no matter how wrong they are, are not our business. we need to just back off there. But i do think we need to keep looking at all the facts keep digging in the mm case but try not to make it so public. We want someone to be able to come after nutt who can win games.

I could care less about the alleged "adultery" except that, as an attorney would say, it goes to character.
Go Hogs Go!

Yahooty

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 06, 2007, 02:37:44 pm

I could care less about the alleged "adultery" except that, as an attorney would say, it goes to character.
An attorney would also say you need facts and evidence to win the case.  None of which you(who seem to be a small minority) have, which is nothing more than a bunch of allegations(better known as GOSSIP).  And if the allegations were close to being real then this case would have been solved weeks ago, Sherlock.

wincrimson

Nutt sucks.

If he didn't have McFadden, Arkansas would be the new Ole Miss.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Yahooty on May 06, 2007, 02:48:42 pm

An attorney would also say you need facts and evidence to win the case.  None of which you(who seem to be a small minority) have, which is nothing more than a bunch of allegations(better known as GOSSIP).  And if the allegations were close to being real then this case would have been solved weeks ago, Sherlock.

Yes, Mr. 108 posts, and you are steeped in knowledge of all that has "allegedly" gone on? Back up dude...........I have as much right to my opinion as you have to yours, without you getting kinda nasty about it. Limit your comments to what you "think" instead of taking shots at others.......you will find that your opinions will be more respected. As for your allegation that "this would have been settled weeks ago", apparently you are unfamiliar with how the law works. Give it time. I want it all settled, one way, or the other.........I just want to move on to football season.

Just my take.
Go Hogs Go!

TX SUX

That small but vocal minority will be all over this post..  I totally agree with the column above..

TX SUX

Attorney and character should never be used in the same sentence..

Yahooty

Texas sux +1

Musk = You do have a right to your opinion, even if it is wrong.  I have been hearing the "give it time" for months...still waiting.   When it comes to the type of allegations(aka GOSSIP) of affairs, you need to provide evidence not a script(your opinion) for General Hospital.   

Mr. Hog

Quote from: Yahooty on May 06, 2007, 02:48:42 pm

Go Hogs Go!

Justme

May 06, 2007, 03:16:43 pm #21 Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 03:35:46 pm by Justme
Use of his state provided cellphone and not upholding NCAA bylaws regarding his athletes are definitely grounds for dismissal.  And face it:  many people lose jobs for personal misconduct while on the clock and untruthfulness.  

Yahooty

Quote from: Justme on May 06, 2007, 03:16:43 pm
Use of his state provided cellphone and not upholding NCAA bylaws regarding his athletes are definitely grounds for dismissal.  And face, it:  many people lose jobs for personal misconduct while on the clock and untruthfulness.  
So this is your case for firing Nutt.    This happens at every major University in the nation except for Joe Pa and Florida State.  The coach's there are not as hip. 
Do you think the new NCAA laws regarding the use of cell phones are just because of HN.  Are you going to be the Cell police and hall monitor for the Razorbacks....please give it a rest.

Justme

I was speaking of the bylaws regarding taking care of his players, not cellphones.

Yahooty

Quote from: Justme on May 06, 2007, 03:25:57 pm
I was speaking of the bylaws regarding taking care of his players, not cellphones.
Understood.  Then why has there not been more of an outcry from the "players" over the years about Nutt not taking care of the players.  I will judge him over his career not just one "Momma's boy".    The evidence(that the vocal minority) likes to uses supports my opinion.

charleyhog

PROVE ANYTHING  you talk about, Not that there was some emails we now that, WHEN did nutt know about them, was he behind them? PROVE IT. Was nutt having an affair? PROVE IT

You do have the right to your opinion, but thats ALL it is

Justme

Nutts needs to provide proof of his innocence and this all goes away.  Just hand over the computers, Bozo, and whatever else is asked for and establish the fact that you are right.

Yahooty

Quote from: Justme on May 06, 2007, 03:38:02 pm
Nutts needs to provide proof of his innocence and this all goes away.  Just hand over the computers, Bozo, and whatever else is asked for and establish the fact that you are right.
You don't hand over anything to prove your innocence.   It would just open up another can of worms.  This isn't the country of guily until proven innocent. 

Justme

Quote from: Yahooty on May 06, 2007, 03:43:28 pm
You don't hand over anything to prove your innocence.   It would just open up another can of worms.  This isn't the country of guily until proven innocent. 
Well, maybe the Court will make him hand them over.  That's what the lawsuit is about.

charleyhog

Maybe, that's a big word. Maybe they will, Maybe they won't

Ugly Uncle

That we are a "vocal minority" is just an allegation.  Prove it.
Retired Radio Host

cthawg

Prove his innocence? Prove his guilt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't that the american way? innocent until proven guilty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugly Uncle

Anyone else see the irony in them asking us to prove HdN had any knowledge of the TP email...then get mad when we try to prove it?
Retired Radio Host

cthawg

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 06, 2007, 04:21:29 pm
Anyone else see the irony in them asking us to prove HdN had any knowledge of the TP email...then get mad when we try to prove it?

How have you tried to prove it?

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: cthawg on May 06, 2007, 04:22:25 pm

While I think HdN did have knowledge...and IF he did, then he should be fired and his office cleaned out for him...not even allowing him back in the building, that is not my reason for wanting him gone.

Anyone with a working knowledge of football can see that on his best day he is a mediocre coach, and should be released for just that. 

I will leave it to others to fight to prove the email connection.  I want him gone for football reasons.  So, no I haven't.  I just think it is funny when the bah bah group want to say "prove it!" then make HdN out to be a victim when people go out and try to prove it.

Like I said...ironic.
Retired Radio Host

Shoatly

Ask Stewie if he would take Nutt as HC of his alma mater. 

cthawg

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 06, 2007, 04:28:06 pm

While I think HdN did have knowledge...and IF he did, then he should be fired and his office cleaned out for him...not even allowing him back in the building, that is not my reason for wanting him gone.

Anyone with a working knowledge of football can see that on his best day he is a mediocre coach, and should be released for just that. 

I will leave it to others to fight to prove the email connection.  I want him gone for football reasons.  So, no I haven't.  I just think it is funny when the bah bah group want to say "prove it!" then make HdN out to be a victim when people go out and try to prove it.

Like I said...ironic.

I have found no one that has tried to prove hdn involvement with anything other than trying to discredit his character. Give me evidence supporting the allegations, until then telling me he is a liar doesn't sway my opinion, dont tell me to open my eyes and see the truth when no information has any concrete foundation or proof. Thank you for the honest answer.

Shizzle

Best team in 30 years? (don't smoke out of this clown's pipe) I believe we have 4-5 of the best players we have had in 30 years but I doubt seriously that we will be the team we had last year. I cannot fathom that our passing game has regressed to this point. I don't remember the exact year Clint Stoerner graduated but I would be willing to bet from that season to now I would say 7-9 years the passing trend in the NCAA as a whole has increased 20-25% while Arkansas passing game has regressed 35-40%. I see nothing in our future that would indicate change in the next couple of years, unless Youngblood can come in and go as a freshman in 2008.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: cthawg on May 06, 2007, 04:35:27 pm

Like I said...ironic.

I have found no one that has tried to prove hdn involvement with anything other than trying to discredit his character. Give me evidence supporting the allegations, until then telling me he is a liar doesn't sway my opinion, dont tell me to open my eyes and see the truth when no information has any concrete foundation or proof. Thank you for the honest answer.

I don't remember asking you to open your eyes.  I do think that someone should get to the bottom of who really sent, forwarded, and knew of the emails.  I think that is very important.  People are trying to prove it legally.  I don't think trying to find out what was said back and forth between HdN and TP is trying to discredit his character.  His answers have been all over the place on that subject.  Most now, cannot just take his word that he didn't know anything.
Retired Radio Host

charleyhog

Uncle Ugly, I did, just now, notice the man eyes's opening and closing on your post, thats cool

cthawg

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 06, 2007, 04:46:54 pm

Like I said...ironic.

I don't remember asking you to open your eyes.  I do think that someone should get to the bottom of who really sent, forwarded, and knew of the emails.  I think that is very important.  People are trying to prove it legally.  I don't think trying to find out what was said back and forth between HdN and TP is trying to discredit his character.  His answers have been all over the place on that subject.  Most now, cannot just take his word that he didn't know anything.

I wasn't trying to take shots at you. That was more of an open statement that you were attached to.

Lady Hawg Buff

Like I said...ironic.

The evidence is in HDN's possession.  Why doesn't he just put all people involved out of misery?  And, he and his lawyers are choosing to do anything to not have his hard drive released.  HIS HARD DRIVE COULD SAVE HIM AND MAKE HIM A HERO IF HE IS TELLING THE TRUTH.

HE has the POWER to put this all to rest...to prove these accusations are wrong regarding his wife, his friend, his brother, his brother's PT, who knows how many others?  I'm not going to ask you to open your eyes, but I am going to ask you, if these were family and friends, and/or family-friends, why doesn't HE give proof that what is being said is NOT TRUE? 

Why would you put your family and friends through this if you could nip it in the bud?  That is what bothers me.  He can stop this at any moment he wants...the ball is in his field...and he has chosen not to.  And I respect your opinion, but am a very concerned fan.  LHB

Dances With Hogs

CT, What do you mean no proof, go back and read the hundreds of pages that are full of imfo, also wait, you will be suprized, now go back and lay down.

Like I said...ironic.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: cthawg on May 06, 2007, 05:00:12 pm
Quote from: uglyuncle on May 06, 2007, 04:46:54 pm

Like I said...ironic.

I wasn't trying to take shots at you. That was more of an open statement that you were attached to.

I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to make it sound like I thought you were.  I just wanted you to know that I was not attacking you.  Sorry if it came across like that.
Retired Radio Host

Dances With Hogs

Hey hooty, you can only dream of the money that Mommas Boy will make, naw, you cant even dream that high.
Quote from: Yahooty on May 06, 2007, 03:30:50 pm
Understood.  Then why has there not been more of an outcry from the "players" over the years about Nutt not taking care of the players.  I will judge him over his career not just one "Momma's boy".    The evidence(that the vocal minority) likes to uses supports my opinion.

pigs rule

I think many things about this whole situation could have been handled better, but there is no evidense that HDN or Danny had anything to do with that. You are the one that got it wrong!
And you are simply ignoring the fact that the rest of the nation looks at Razorback nation as a bunch of crazies. You can deny that(which many people keep doing) but that doesn't change the perception.
And you can not tell me that this garbage is not hurting the program and will in all likelihood adversely affect recruiting.

taoteching

what could be their greatest team in 30 years this coming season, one that includes the best player in the country, Darren McFadden."

That part of the article is absolutely right on.......and that is why people are so upset and angry.  Why would any coach in their right mind be so self destructive?????

The fans will not be blocking, tackling, or scoring points.  The coaches will not be on the field.  So, yes....we are upset when when the head coach acts like an idiot.

Yahooty

Quote from: Dances With Hogs on May 06, 2007, 05:28:10 pm
Hey hooty, you can only dream of the money that Mommas Boy will make, naw, you cant even dream that high.
Quote from: Yahooty on May 06, 2007, 03:30:50 pm
I live in Destin, FL and in Healthcare.   I don't know about you, but I'm not complaining....
MM will never start at USC(aka University of Spoiled Children).  Hopefully he's good with a clip board.

MuskogeeHogFan

May 06, 2007, 06:30:12 pm #48 Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 06:32:33 pm by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: Yahooty on May 06, 2007, 03:13:53 pm
Texas sux +1

Musk = You do have a right to your opinion, even if it is wrong.  I have been hearing the "give it time" for months...still waiting.   When it comes to the type of allegations(aka GOSSIP) of affairs, you need to provide evidence not a script(your opinion) for General Hospital.  

First of all, self righteous one, you are not qualified to judge whether my opinion is right or wrong. Second, I didn't make an allegation, I said, I didn't care and just wanted to move on to football season. Based on all I have observed, do I think that our HC is a man of character? No. Do I know for a fact? No. That is why it is called "an opinion". And as you have already agreed, I have a right to that. Having said that, the next time I need your acidic laden opinion correcting me, I'll scrape it off the sole of my shoe.

You are welcome to your opinion, but if it entails trying to slam someone else for their opinion, I suggest you examine why it is necessary for you to do so, in order to make you feel better about yourself, prior to doing so.

Just my take.
Go Hogs Go!

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: pigs rule on May 06, 2007, 05:43:32 pm
I think many things about this whole situation could have been handled better, but there is no evidense that HDN or Danny had anything to do with that. You are the one that got it wrong!
And you are simply ignoring the fact that the rest of the nation looks at Razorback nation as a bunch of crazies. You can deny that(which many people keep doing) but that doesn't change the perception.
And you can not tell me that this garbage is not hurting the program and will in all likelihood adversely affect recruiting.

There is circumstantial evidence.

HdN is not as well respected outside of this state as you seem to think.
Retired Radio Host