Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DRIVE to TULSA or CHEER for Troy St.

Started by jfb4ever, May 05, 2007, 02:48:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jfb4ever

The only alternative is to support the lack of INTEGRITY of Nutt and BROYLES?????? Unless Franks New 8 Year Contract as a CONSULTANT is Burned we are DONE!!!!!!!

moncrieffan

If those are yur choices then drive to Tulsa.  HDN or not I could never cheer for the HOGS to lose.

jfb4ever

Sure this wil be trashed soon, but are we going to support Nutt and Broyles for 8 more years???????

bsking

Quote from: jfb4ever on May 05, 2007, 02:51:43 pm
            Sure this wil be trashed soon, but are we going to support Nutt and Broyles for 8 more years???????

I dont think anyone cares who you support.

jfb4ever

I know this sounds radical, but all of you will give up on Arkansas, if we have 8 more years of this!

bsking

Quote from: jfb4ever on May 05, 2007, 02:54:47 pm
               I know this sounds radical, but all of you will give up on Arkansas, if we have 8 more years of this!

The hell i will.  I will be at every game regardless what happens.  Thats what seperates real fans from you.

Silver Hog

Quote from: bsking on May 05, 2007, 02:56:41 pm

The hell i will.  I will be at every game regardless what happens.  Thats what seperates real fans from you.

Define  "Real".

vol_in_ar

jfb4ever

Just my opinion, real fans want Integrity and Coaches who play to Win!

I BLEED RBack RED

I have to drive to Tulsa from Ft. Smith twice a week anyways...lol :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
The 3 things I can't live without are family, my razorbacks, and beer (not in any particular order).

weresoclose

I don't have time to support something I don't enjoy.  After DMac/Felix go, I'm done as long as the Nutts are still around.  Maybe you just have all the time in the world to support lost causes, but I sure as hell don't.

I BLEED RBack RED

Quote from: weresoclose on May 05, 2007, 03:02:35 pm

I don't have time to support something I don't enjoy.  After DMac/Felix go, I'm done as long as the Nutts are still around.  Maybe you just have all the time in the world to support lost causes, but I sure as hell don't.

Real Fan??
The 3 things I can't live without are family, my razorbacks, and beer (not in any particular order).

vol_in_ar

Put the Orange T on..at least keep it in the SEC..

ilovepinebluff

jfb4ever

Have we had a definition of a Real Fan, by those who want us all to support this total lack of INTEGRITY by our Leaders????????

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: swisshog on May 05, 2007, 02:57:56 pm

Define  "Real".

I have posted before that if losing helps get rid of JFB and HDN, then losing is what I'm hoping for.  I call it tough love for long term gain.

What bsking means by "Real fan" is one that isn't willing to realize just how bad things have gotten and that the gangrenous portion of the limb needs to be removed for the betterment of the patient.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

jfb4ever

I won't be supporting TN, but why do many of you want to Trash Can any mention of Frank's 8 Year contract??????????

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: vol_in_ar on May 05, 2007, 03:06:39 pm

Don't do it, I won't even let my children wear that color or near Texas colored orange just on principal. I am not kidding.

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: jfb4ever on May 05, 2007, 03:07:42 pm
               Have we had a definition of a Real Fan, by those who want us all to support this total lack of INTEGRITY by our Leaders????????

Did you want Stan Heath gone?

PigWig

re·al

–adjective
1. true; not merely ostensible, nominal, or apparent: the real reason for an act.  
2. existing or occurring as fact; actual rather than imaginary, ideal, or fictitious: a story taken from real life.  
3. being an actual thing; having objective existence; not imaginary: The events you will see in the film are real and not just made up.  
4. being actually such; not merely so-called: a real victory.  
5. genuine; not counterfeit, artificial, or imitation; authentic: a real antique; a real diamond; real silk.  
6. unfeigned or sincere: real sympathy; a real friend.  
7. Informal. absolute; complete; utter: She's a real brain.  
8. Philosophy. a. existent or pertaining to the existent as opposed to the nonexistent.  
b. actual as opposed to possible or potential.  
c. independent of experience as opposed to phenomenal or apparent.  

9. (of money, income, or the like) measured in purchasing power rather than in nominal value: Inflation has driven income down in real terms, though nominal income appears to be higher.  
10. Optics. (of an image) formed by the actual convergence of rays, as the image produced in a camera (opposed to virtual).  
11. Mathematics. a. of, pertaining to, or having the value of a real number.  
b. using real numbers: real analysis; real vector space.  

jfb4ever

I fully understand how ugly orange is! But, how many of you will really be supporting this Lack of Integrity for 8 More Years. About the same number that have defined that a Real Fan should support this lack of Integrity??????

Silver Hog

May 05, 2007, 03:20:55 pm #21 Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 03:22:35 pm by swisshog
Quote from: Question-Man on May 05, 2007, 03:08:43 pm

Define  "Real".

I have posted before that if losing helps get rid of JFB and HDN, then losing is what I'm hoping for.  I call it tough love for long term gain.

What bsking means by "Real fan" is one that isn't willing to realize just how bad things have gotten and that the gangrenous portion of the limb needs to be removed for the betterment of the patient.

I think I would call that a lazy or 'sheep' fan.  Just wants to be spoon fed instead of having to work at it. 

You think it is easy being a non-real fan? Watching the beloved hogs suffering under Nutt year and and year out?  All us fake fans want is a new coach and a few more wins on average per season.

I'd say us fake fans are more real, since our concern is at a deeper emotional level than just "I will ignore everything and just watch them try to move the ball and lose to Troy".

Us fake fans want to know WHY we will lose to troy and HOW will it be fixed?  The sheep fans will say "Bring on bama!"

PigWig

Quote from: jfb4ever on May 05, 2007, 03:15:59 pm
            I fully understand how ugly orange is! But, how many of you will really be supporting this Lack of Integrity for 8 More Years. About the same number that have defined that a Real Fan should support this lack of Integrity??????
I don't know what a real fan is but I can speak for myself.

I will always love the Hogs. I will always cheer for them and always do everything in my power to watch and attend their games.

My allegiance is not about Nutt, Broyles, White, the BOT, or the RF.  My loyalty is to the Razorbacks, the University of Arkansas, and our state.  For me, no one person or even a coup of people will ruin Arkansas Athletics for me.

I have been a Hog fan over the entire course of my life. It ruins my day, night, sometimes even week when we lose and I am always happy to see us win.

No one, no matter how evil, will ever force me to be a fan elsewhere.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: swisshog on May 05, 2007, 03:20:55 pm

Define  "Real".

I think I would call that a lazy or 'sheep' fan.  Just wants to be spoon fed instead of having to work at it. 

You think it is easy being a non-real fan? Watching the beloved hogs suffering under Nutt year and and year out?  All us fake fans want is a new coach and a few more wins on average per season.

I'd say us fake fans are more real, since our concern is at a deeper emotional level than just "I will ignore everything and just watch them try to move the ball and lose to Troy".

Us fake fans want to know WHY we will lose to troy and HOW will it be fixed?  The sheep fans will say "Bring on bama!"

I'm not calling anyone a real or non-real fan.  I just know that as a diehard fan of the Hawgs, I simply can't support HDN or JFB any longer.  They have commandeered our beloved program, believe themselves to be untouchable, and have absolutely no integrity or desire to be accountable.  They also have no commitment to excellence.  I, as a fan, cannot support that.  Call me a sheep or lazy or whatever.  It's simply not true.  I just have a different threshold than you apparently do.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

jfb4ever

You makes some good points, and I am not trying to force you to go anywhere else to watch football. But, I am bringing up the question is supporting our leaders, supporting a Lack of Integrity. And just a question, are we who disagree the EVIL Ones.

HogJoeHelm

Silver Hog

Quote from: Question-Man on May 05, 2007, 03:26:42 pm
Quote from: swisshog on May 05, 2007, 03:20:55 pm

Define  "Real".

I'm not calling anyone a real or non-real fan.  I just know that as a diehard fan of the Hawgs, I simply can't support HDN or JFB any longer.  They have commandeered our beloved program, believe themselves to be untouchable, and have absolutely no integrity or desire to be accountable.  They also have no commitment to excellence.  I, as a fan, cannot support that.  Call me a sheep or lazy or whatever.  It's simply not true.  I just have a different threshold than you apparently do.

Sorry, you are a fake fan :-)  The sheep are the ones that never let Nutt and Broyles get to them.  They go regardless, like cattle down the last chute.

AFWarrior83

I think everyone is pissed about the situation, but crap happens and we were heard, I believe things will work out in the end even if Nutt stays. I was pissed after the bowl loss and the drama that followed, but I got over it! I'll always cheer for the Hogs, even if I don't care for the coach. (I might have a setback from time to time and complain and call for heads) but that's human nature.
Hogville member since 2005.

TulsaHogFan

Wow.  I love when someone breaks out the "real fans" argument.

So because a person does, or can't go to a game it makes them less of a fan?  Do people who purchase skyboxes get extra credit toward their fan-dom?

That's the dumbest argument I hear around here sometimes.

Silver Hog

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on May 05, 2007, 03:38:04 pm

So because a person does, or can't go to a game it makes them less of a fan?  Do people who purchase skyboxes get extra credit toward their fan-dom?

I charge thee with being a non-real fan for evening daring to question the real fans. We must bow down to them since they care not.

These are probably the type people that continue to drive their favorite car, even when the "Service Engine Soon" light is on.  They just pretend not to notice as long as the wheels keep turning.

jfb4ever

The question is not us being upset about losing the bowl game, the question is will we support this Lack of Integrity!!!!!!!!

AFWarrior83

Quote from: swisshog on May 05, 2007, 03:41:00 pm

I charge thee with being a non-real fan for evening daring to question the real fans. We must bow down to them since they care not.

These are probably the type people that continue to drive their favorite car, even when the "Service Engine Soon" light is on.  They just pretend not to notice as long as the wheels keep turning.

Some people that bitch about Nutt so much, make me want to cheer for him! Man talk about beating a dead horse... The darksiders were heard they lost get over it. (yes that includes me, I got over it) Just jump on the sunshine pumper bus all the way back to Atlanta WPS :)

ilovepinebluff

How about cheering for the other team to beat Arkansas? Try and defend that.

Hogs-n-Roses

This argument makes the hair stand on my neck! No one is more or less a fan than the other.No criteria works in this deal except, you are or you aren't. Some of us are more fortunate than others and the criteria that the PTB uses makes me the most furious. Their primary and only concern is financial donations. I am not stupid, I know these are very important and an upper level school must have it to compete but more a fan you are not if you contribute 50,000 per. You just arrive there in a plane.

jfb4ever

Some of us want a Coach with Integrity, and who has a Chance to take us to a National Championship Game! We have made the trip to Atlanta and Lost!

cmakrzrbak

Pigwig is dead on. Though we want Nutt gone, wishing ill will upon the team is sacrilage. You don't have to accept Nutt or staff to root for the Hogs. Anyone who wants us to lose is not a true fan. Period
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

Ftsmithmike

A real fan would give up on college athletics before switching his/her allegiance to another team.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

AFWarrior83

Quote from: jfb4ever on May 05, 2007, 03:46:12 pm
               Some of us want a Coach with Integrity, and who has a Chance to take us to a National Championship Game! We have made the trip to Atlanta and Lost!

Hey 3rd times a charm! Come on and jump on the sunshine bus we can sing kumba-yaaaa!

claytongray

IMO, a "real fan"...
...can choose not to attend Hog games.
...can choose not to send money to the Razorbacks.
...can choose not to watch the Hogs on TV.
...can spend their time watching other teams.
...can never hope the Hogs lose or cheer for their opponent.

TulsaHogFan

Pinebluff, I am not defending that.  Where in my original post did I say anything about that?

I understand why people do it.  I compare it to an amputation.  Sometimes its necessary to save the body (aka the program) but I am not going to do it, nor will I support those whom decide to cheer for a team Arkansas is playing.

I can however defend my own support of an alternate team whom is not playing Arkansas and is not competing against them in the same conference.  Yet I am constantly told I am not a fan because I support 2 programs. (Notice I said programs, not coaches).

I will support Arkansas until the day I die.  I will cheer for them to win every game.  Last year I took off work so that I could drive 200 miles round trip simply to observe the 2 of the Open Fall practices.  I then came home and at midnight, compiled my notes for a breakdown of the practices for those who could not attend.

Yet again I am told I am not a fan.

I worked 2 jobs last year to provide myself and another person season tickets and attended every home game and tailgate I could.  Yet I am told because I am not paying out the ass to watch this season, I am not a fan.

What a crock of you know what.

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: claytongray on May 05, 2007, 03:50:42 pm
IMO, a "real fan"...
...can choose not to attend Hog games.
...can choose not to send money to the Razorbacks.
...can choose not to watch the Hogs on TV.
...can spend their time watching other teams.
...can never hope the Hogs lose or cheer for their opponent.

Completely agree. Especially the last one.

jfb4ever

Nutt himself has credited those who oppose him(us evil ones) for bringing the team closer and making them stronger???????

PigWig

Quote from: jfb4ever on May 05, 2007, 03:52:21 pm
            Nutt himself has credited those who oppose him(us evil ones) for bringing the team closer and making them stronger???????
So what? Nutt is one person. This program is about much, much more than one person.

IcEwalker

Quote from: jfb4ever on May 05, 2007, 03:00:19 pm
        Just my opinion, real fans want Integrity and Coaches who play to Win!

how else does he play? grow up and support the team.

vol_in_ar

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on May 05, 2007, 03:11:35 pm
Quote from: vol_in_ar on May 05, 2007, 03:06:39 pm

Don't do it, I won't even let my children wear that color or near Texas colored orange just on principal. I am not kidding.

Well if Troy beats you, you can reconsider...

IcEwalker

if that happens, the darksiders will finally be shut up because nutt will be gone.

AFWarrior83

jfb4ever

Many of you are RIGHT. I will APOLOGIZE to Coach Nutt! This is his Greatest Motivational Strategy Ever! MAYBE the Greatest in the History of College Football, and I had no clue what was going on! Nutt is a Genius! Do everything possible to P(upset the fans), get us dummys worked up in a frenzy, attacking him on all Points, so all of us(I confess the evil ones) will bring his Team Closer Together, and Make Them a Stronger Team! Guys, they say we aren't Real Fans, but we just made our TEAM STRONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grayhawg

I have been a Razorback fan for 49 years and I"ll be dang if I pull for them to lose. As much as I like Gus and wish him the best. I am not going to Tulsa to watch TU play. You do whatever you think is the right thing for you and I will not be critical of you. LOVE THE RAZORBACKS.      :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:

mor37459

Why would we go to tulsa?  I'm a razorback fan not a Gus fan.  Following coaches around and becoming a fan of whatever program they are at is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of.  Does your wife know that you have this affinity towards gus? kinda creepy