Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Georgia Fans Perspective

Started by Footballref, May 01, 2007, 08:51:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Stella

Richt sent Michael Grant to Arkansas because he knew Nutt was not a threat.  Sounds like the Georgia HC thinks we are a joke. 

bigghurtt

Quote from: Footballref on May 01, 2007, 08:51:31 pm
I had dinner tonight with a Georgia fan and he wanted to know the story about the HDN situation.
I gave him what is all known to be the truth I am somewhat close enough to the situation to know
and he was quite interested but did not really care that much.

Then he began to tell me what there impression of our program was and he said the all UG fans
have great respect for the HOGS never chaulk the game up to a win. And that everyone he knows thinks
that HDN is a good coach. He's like no offense but Arkansas can't get the talent that the LSU's, Tennessee's,
Florida's, of the conference that we don't have the resources of the rest of the conference. Basically everybody outside
of ARKANSAS think we are all idiots for wanting him gone. Says he does way more with what he has than anybody
in the conference.
Just thought our conversation was kind of interesting.

My girlfriend is a South African living in England. I have made it quite obvious that when I return from this deployment and we move to Arkansas, she is required to be Hog crazy.  As such, she has maniacally gone about learning everything she can about the program, it's history, and where it is today.  She is absolutely dumbfounded that Nutt has been able to hang around here as long as he has.

The difference in my "outsider" girlfriend and your "outsider" friend from jawja is that she has looked at all the facts and knows all the details of the situation.  And that is why she knows HDN has no right to still be employed at this university.

bucknasty

Interesting thoughts by your friend in GA.

Question:  Why do we care what someone from GA thinks about our coach?  In business, If you are hiring someone for a position, do you listen to what the former employer says about this prospect, or do you ask a company he has never worked for?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: bigghurtt on May 02, 2007, 12:15:24 pm
Quote from: Footballref on May 01, 2007, 08:51:31 pm
I had dinner tonight with a Georgia fan and he wanted to know the story about the HDN situation.
I gave him what is all known to be the truth I am somewhat close enough to the situation to know
and he was quite interested but did not really care that much.

Then he began to tell me what there impression of our program was and he said the all UG fans
have great respect for the HOGS never chaulk the game up to a win. And that everyone he knows thinks
that HDN is a good coach. He's like no offense but Arkansas can't get the talent that the LSU's, Tennessee's,
Florida's, of the conference that we don't have the resources of the rest of the conference. Basically everybody outside
of ARKANSAS think we are all idiots for wanting him gone. Says he does way more with what he has than anybody
in the conference.
Just thought our conversation was kind of interesting.

My girlfriend is a South African living in England. I have made it quite obvious that when I return from this deployment and we move to Arkansas, she is required to be Hog crazy.  As such, she has maniacally gone about learning everything she can about the program, it's history, and where it is today.  She is absolutely dumbfounded that Nutt has been able to hang around here as long as he has.

The difference in my "outsider" girlfriend and your "outsider" friend from jawja is that she has looked at all the facts and knows all the details of the situation.  And that is why she knows HDN has no right to still be employed at this university.

<<Hears Echoes From Different Story And Voice>>
Check out my post above this one for different story, same song.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: billyjoeswine on May 01, 2007, 10:08:56 pm
Houston Nutt is a good coach and is well respected in the SEC.  Too bad a small, vocal minority in his home state is causing him so much pain, as well as hurting recruiting and the overall program in the process.
LSU will be tough next fall, but hopefully Arkansas will be 11-1 and win our BCS game for a spot in the top 5 when the final rankings come out.  If we win the West, we will be in the SEC Championship Game again which could leave us more tired and beaten up for our BCS game later.  Ideally we go 12-0 regular season, win the SEC Championship Game, then win the NC Game.  Our current coaching staff and players can do just that!   Go Hogs!     :razorback:

LOL.  Somebody's been listening too much to Rick & Chuckles.

DriveByHogger

As a Hog fan I always liked Shula being at Bama because I felt that even with HDN as coach we always had a good chance to win the game.
She ain't revved 'till the rods are thrown!

cbjagman

Quote from: dunnhead on May 01, 2007, 09:25:37 pm
I'm neither hugger, nor hater, but it's always funny to me to see these posts saying "I talked to this guy from out of state and he said EVERYBODY there thinks ...."
Glad you mentioned that because I agree with you. From the folks I've talked to out of state they mostly feel that Nutt is a joke, good for a laugh and that we should be embarrassed to even have this "clown" (their words not mine) as our HC. They ask why when (very seldomly) we do get top notch HS talent we often have trouble holding to the players, particularly from the state. Duh, wonder what they could mean by that?

Niels Boar

Other SEC fans are shocked that Arkansas ever wins a football game.  They constantly perceive us as the program that entered the SEC at its nadir over the last half century.  UGA fans around here grumble about Richt's playcalling despite his SEC championships.  Donnan was more successful at UGA than Nutt has been at Arkansas.  They ran him out of Athens because he couldn't get to the BCS.  They would never tolerate Nutt in Athens.  It's an insult when they tell you how satisfied Arkansas should be with Nutt.