Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Georgia Fans Perspective

Started by Footballref, May 01, 2007, 08:51:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Footballref

I had dinner tonight with a Georgia fan and he wanted to know the story about the HDN situation.
I gave him what is all known to be the truth I am somewhat close enough to the situation to know
and he was quite interested but did not really care that much.

Then he began to tell me what there impression of our program was and he said the all UG fans
have great respect for the HOGS never chaulk the game up to a win. And that everyone he knows thinks
that HDN is a good coach. He's like no offense but Arkansas can't get the talent that the LSU's, Tennessee's,
Florida's, of the conference that we don't have the resources of the rest of the conference. Basically everybody outside
of ARKANSAS think we are all idiots for wanting him gone. Says he does way more with what he has than anybody
in the conference.
Just thought our conversation was kind of interesting.

"Pickled" Pig's Pete

How many of the fans from other schools have actually watched Razorback games in the past 9 years?  I mean REALLY watched and paid attention to the stat sheets?

If Houston Nutt does more with less, imagine what he should be able to do with "more".  If he can win at Arkansas, wouldn't it stand to reason that he would be fantastic at a school with better resources and a better recruiting base?

So why aren't those programs beating down the door to get him?
Quote from: salebow on November 27, 2011, 08:39:55 pm
It made be a forum, but spelling and punctuation tell a lot about a person. Also, I usually post from my iPhone, too. I don't have a problem with using good spelling and punctuation.

dunnhead

I'm neither hugger, nor hater, but it's always funny to me to see these posts saying "I talked to this guy from out of state and he said EVERYBODY there thinks ...."

Orlandoback

May 01, 2007, 09:27:43 pm #3 Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 09:30:11 pm by Orlandoback
I hear this a lot in FL too... however if you turn it back on them and ask if they would ever want Houston as their coach, they are quick to rethink their assumption.  By the way huggers, no one else wants Houston.  Thats the main reason why he is still here.

Orlandoback

Quote from: dunnhead on May 01, 2007, 09:25:37 pm
I'm neither hugger, nor hater, but it's always funny to me to see these posts saying "I talked to this guy from out of state and he said EVERYBODY there thinks ...."

I live out of state and hear it... Local people only hear what the media says unless I tell them whats really going on.  No one researches whats going on in Arkansas when they are too busy winning championships.

Hawg_Heaven

Hmm...will huggers go on here and state that they don't care what people from out of state say like they did last night on another thread? :-\

MountieDawg

RESOURCES????  TAKE HIM FOR A TOUR OF ARKANSAS RESOURCES...  TOP 5 TRACK STADIUM INDOOR AND OUT, TOP 5 WEIGHT ROOM, TOP 5 BASEBALL STADIUM, TOP 20 FOOTBALL STADIUM, TOP 10 BASKETBALL ARENA,  LARGEST RETAILER 5 OF THE TOP 15 RICHEST PEOPLE IN AMERICA SUPPORTING THE PROGRAM... EVER HEARD OF THE WALTONS, LARGEST POULTRY PRODUCER IN AMERICA, TOP 2 LARGEST TRUCKING COMPANIES IN AMERICA, ALL SUPPORT THE U OF A...  NOT MANY PLACES IN AMERICAN THAT HAVE 100'S OF PEOPLE THAT BECAME MILLIONAIRES ON STOCK GIVEN TO THEM BY A COMPANY AND ALL THEY EVER DID WAS WORK THE REGISTER AT WAL MART...
SEC!

bphi11ips

May 01, 2007, 09:32:47 pm #7 Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 09:36:30 pm by bphi11ips
Quote from: Orlandoback on May 01, 2007, 09:27:43 pm
I hear this a lot in FL too... however if you turn it back on them and ask if they would ever want Houston as their coach, they are quick to rethink their assumption.  By the way huggers, no one else wants Houston.  Thats the main reason why he is still here.

I would have wanted to know, growing up in the '60s and '70s, if they played football in Florida.

Oh yeah, and here are two scores I remember well - Arkansas 16 Georgia 2  (1968 Sugar Bowl over an undefeated Georgia team)  Arkansas 31 Georgia 10 (1976 Cotton Bowl)

Yeah, poor little Arkansas has never been able to compete.   :puke:

I can't believe how many of you suckers have bought into this.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

davehog

I travel a bit with my job and sports usually comes up when on the road.  The majority of non-Razorback fans think we have SO much potential to be a consistent big-time program.  I have spoken with a lot of Nebraska fans, and they are extremely envious of our "GREAT home recruiting territory compared to theirs, which is true.  I am anti-Nutt ONLY because I think he is not fulfilling realistic expectations for this program.  No BCS bowls during his tenure.  He had his chances in 1998, 2003, and 2006 and failed to do it.  I really laugh at that thought of HDN thinking that the monkey was off his back for last year's record.  Going to the Capital One bowl or whatever it is, was an achievement, but he still hasn't gotten to that BCS bowl. 

Orlandoback

Quote from: bphi11ips on May 01, 2007, 09:32:47 pm

I would have wanted to know, growing up in the '60s and '70s, if they played football in Florida.

Oh yeah, and here are two scores I remember well - Arkansas 16 Georgia 2  (1968 Sugar Bowl over an undefeated Georgia team)  Arkansas 31 Georgia 10 (1976 Cotton Bowl)

Yeah, poor little Arkansas has never been able to compete.   :puke:

I can't believe how many of you suckers have bought into this.

I never said we couldnt compete... I was talking about Nutt... Please read what you quoted again and see if I ever said something like that.  We competed last year, and ultimately lost.  By the way, who is talking about the freaking 60's and 70's.  I wasn't even alive then.  I want to see us win something worth while in my time.   By the way, was Houston coaching us back then?   

moses_007

Quote from: hogapalooza on May 01, 2007, 09:27:42 pm
I would like to see us w/ out HDN to find out just how good or bad we would be.

We might be a lot worse off without him. 

Shoatly

Quote from: hogapalooza on May 01, 2007, 09:42:44 pm
Quote from: moses_007 on May 01, 2007, 09:41:36 pm

We might not,  lets find out.

I'm willing to take that risk. 

slopinhogs

i remember Lou holtz getting ready to play Oklahoma he said we shouldn't even be on the field with them they are a great team. he kicked his star tail back off the team and had to start a kid named Donny bobo
but he continued in the paper and on TV to say how great Okla was and how inexperienced we were and we probably shunt have to play them we might get hurt.he blew so much smoke it shielded Okla's eyes and bobo went wild and the rest is history. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

PorkerOinker

Quote from: MountieDawg on May 01, 2007, 09:30:40 pm
RESOURCES????  TAKE HIM FOR A TOUR OF ARKANSAS RESOURCES...  TOP 5 TRACK STADIUM INDOOR AND OUT, TOP 5 WEIGHT ROOM, TOP 5 BASEBALL STADIUM, TOP 20 FOOTBALL STADIUM, TOP 10 BASKETBALL ARENA,  LARGEST RETAILER 5 OF THE TOP 15 RICHEST PEOPLE IN AMERICA SUPPORTING THE PROGRAM... EVER HEARD OF THE WALTONS, LARGEST POULTRY PRODUCER IN AMERICA, TOP 2 LARGEST TRUCKING COMPANIES IN AMERICA, ALL SUPPORT THE U OF A...  NOT MANY PLACES IN AMERICAN THAT HAVE 100'S OF PEOPLE THAT BECAME MILLIONAIRES ON STOCK GIVEN TO THEM BY A COMPANY AND ALL THEY EVER DID WAS WORK THE REGISTER AT WAL MART...

Actually Arkansas does not have the largest poultry producer in America but I do here that is what recruits now a days are looking for is lots of walmarts and large poultry producers.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

Choctaw Hog

I find it comical that fans of other programs think Houston is a good / great coach. Hell, I thought Georgia should have kept Jim Donnan because I thought he was a great coach.  When you compare his record to Nutt's, it's no contest yet Georgia got rid of him.  I wonder if any of their fans think it's a mistake now?   

Coaching Summary

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl Coaches# AP°
Jim Donnan (SEC) (1996 — 2000)
1996 Georgia 5-6 3-5   NR NR
1997 Georgia 10-2 6-2   10 10
1998 Georgia 9-3 6-2   14 14
1999 Georgia 8-4 5-3   16 16
2000 Georgia 8-4 5-3   17 20
Jim Donnan: 40-19 25-15 
Total: 104-40 
      National Championship         Conference Title
†Indicates BCS bowl game. #Rankings from final Coaches Poll of the season.
°Rankings from final AP Poll of the season.

forrest city joe

I for one could care less what a GA or any fan of another sec school says. I DONT CARE. it's easy to say good things about a guy when you are kicking his butt. how many times has Houston Nutt, beat UGA. you got it.NONE!

HoopS

To be fair, you should ask him...

How would you react if Richt pulled Stafford and basically gave up on him bc he had a few bad spots and some good ones too...but he got benched for the duration of the season more or less and meanwhile, the qb who played didn't do much and his upside pales in comparison.  But he left him in even tho he was like 3 for 17 in the biggest game of the season while the promising Stafford sat on the bench.  Even tho Stafford had always managed to win even when not at his best, yet he rides the pine anyway.  Continue with asking him how he would react if he found out that a close friend of Richts, a booster, sent Stafford hate email and somehow, it appears Richt or parts of his immdiate family apparently were or should have been aware of the hate filled crap but seemed to ignore it...or in the very least, put it on the back burner.  Meanwhile his promising young QB wants out, and why wouldn't he?   Remind him that Stafford has loved the Dawgs his whole life, but now feels hated and pushed out by the very one he entrusted his career with.  Ask the guy if he found it odd that an Atlanta therapist lucked into guessing the young qbs meeting with the oline and dline dawgs, plus she even threw your linebacker into the mix...and lo and behold, that meeting happened just like she envisioned.  Ask that guy if he'd been begging for Richt to get an OC for years and he finally did it, it went well, but Richt tried to demote said OC in order to bring back a retread to fix the passing game even tho when he last left he was the reason our passing game sucked then.   So now our OC is gone, our 2 exciting young players have transfered and Richt is laughing all the way to the bank and has a new extension to boot.   

Run that by him and then have him tell you what he thinks about Richt. 

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: slopinhogs on May 01, 2007, 09:46:22 pm
i remember Lou holtz getting ready to play Oklahoma he said we shouldn't even be on the field with them they are a great team. he kicked his star tail back off the team and had to start a kid named Donny bobo
but he continued in the paper and on TV to say how great Okla was and how inexperienced we were and we probably shunt have to play them we might get hurt.he blew so much smoke it shielded Okla's eyes and bobo went wild and the rest is history. :razorback:

Actually, it was Roland Sales who went wild.  I believe Bobo was one of the 3 that was suspended and he was a wingback.  Ben Cowans was the suspended tailback.

jkstock04

Quote from: Footballref on May 01, 2007, 08:51:31 pm
I had dinner tonight with a Georgia fan and he wanted to know the story about the HDN situation.
I gave him what is all known to be the truth I am somewhat close enough to the situation to know

Then he began to tell me what there impression of our program was and he said the all UG fans
have great respect for the HOGS never chaulk the game up to a win. And that everyone he knows thinks
that HDN is a good coach. He's like no offense but Arkansas can't get the talent that the LSU's, Tennessee's,
Florida's, of the conference that we don't have the resources of the rest of the conference. Basically everybody outside
of ARKANSAS think we are all idiots for wanting him gone. Says he does way more with what he has than anybody
in the conference.
Of course they like him, they enjoy handing us our a$$es each and every time we play them.  What else do you expect?  To Georgia fans HDN is the coach who takes his beating with a smile and a handshake...of course their gonna like him, this aint rocket science.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Silver Hog

"He's like no offense"

yeah, no offense

sums Nutt up perfectly.

billyjoeswine

Houston Nutt is a good coach and is well respected in the SEC.  Too bad a small, vocal minority in his home state is causing him so much pain, as well as hurting recruiting and the overall program in the process.
LSU will be tough next fall, but hopefully Arkansas will be 11-1 and win our BCS game for a spot in the top 5 when the final rankings come out.  If we win the West, we will be in the SEC Championship Game again which could leave us more tired and beaten up for our BCS game later.  Ideally we go 12-0 regular season, win the SEC Championship Game, then win the NC Game.  Our current coaching staff and players can do just that!   Go Hogs!     :razorback:

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: HoopSlap on May 01, 2007, 10:01:28 pm
To be fair, you should ask him...

How would you react if Richt pulled Stafford and basically gave up on him bc he had a few bad spots and some good ones too...but he got benched for the duration of the season more or less and meanwhile, the qb who played didn't do much and his upside pales in comparison.  But he left him in even tho he was like 3 for 17 in the biggest game of the season while the promising Stafford sat on the bench.  Even tho Stafford had always managed to win even when not at his best, yet he rides the pine anyway.  Continue with asking him how he would react if he found out that a close friend of Richts, a booster, sent Stafford hate email and somehow, it appears Richt or parts of his immdiate family apparently were or should have been aware of the hate filled crap but seemed to ignore it...or in the very least, put it on the back burner.  Meanwhile his promising young QB wants out, and why wouldn't he?   Remind him that Stafford has loved the Dawgs his whole life, but now feels hated and pushed out by the very one he entrusted his career with.  Ask the guy if he found it odd that an Atlanta therapist lucked into guessing the young qbs meeting with the oline and dline dawgs, plus she even threw your linebacker into the mix...and lo and behold, that meeting happened just like she envisioned.  Ask that guy if he'd been begging for Richt to get an OC for years and he finally did it, it went well, but Richt tried to demote said OC in order to bring back a retread to fix the passing game even tho when he last left he was the reason our passing game sucked then.   So now our OC is gone, our 2 exciting young players have transfered and Richt is laughing all the way to the bank and has a new extension to boot.  

Run that by him and then have him tell you what he thinks about Richt. 

Excellent points.

forrest city joe

Quote from: billyjoeswine on May 01, 2007, 10:08:56 pm
Houston Nutt is a good coach and is well respected in the SEC.  Too bad a small, vocal minority in his home state is causing him so much pain, as well as hurting recruiting and the overall program in the process.
LSU will be tough next fall, but hopefully Arkansas will be 11-1 and win our BCS game for a spot in the top 5 when the final rankings come out.  If we win the West, we will be in the SEC Championship Game again which could leave us more tired and beaten up for our BCS game later.  Ideally we go 12-0 regular season, win the SEC Championship Game, then win the NC Game.  Our current coaching staff and players can do just that!   Go Hogs!     :razorback:
Keep dreaming.

Choctaw Hog

May 01, 2007, 10:12:09 pm #23 Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 10:14:40 pm by Choctaw Hog
"Houston Nutt is a good coach and is well respected in the SEC".  LOL.  Stan Heath was also well respected in the SEC and other coaches and fans wanted us to keep him.  I wonder why?

tropical soooiee

He's like no offense but Arkansas can't get the talent that the LSU's, Tennessee's,
Florida's, of the conference that we don't have the resources of the rest of the conference.

Neither could Boise St. until Nutt left. Now they are +1 on us in BCS bowl victories this century.

King of the Burbs

Quote from: PorkerOinker on May 01, 2007, 09:50:14 pm

Actually Arkansas does not have the largest poultry producer in America but I do here that is what recruits now a days are looking for is lots of walmarts and large poultry producers.

Why would a football recruit care about the basketball arena, track arenas, baseball stadium, companies in the area, etc?  They are going to come there to play FOOTBALL!

Silver Hog

yerah florida was so beat up they only went on to win the NC.  Sheesh.  Fear, you fraidy cat fans make me throw up in my mouth!

DukeOfPork

Yep, this is the response I always get.  They seem to think that he's a decent coach for Arkansas but then when I suggest that their school hire him, they're like "HELL NO!"

Orlandoback

LSU will be tough next fall, but hopefully Arkansas will be 11-1 and win our BCS game for a spot in the top 5 when the final rankings come out.   Our current coaching staff and players can do just that!   Go Hogs!     :razorback:

You're drunk again houston... go back and get in bed with your wife

tropical soooiee

Says he does way more with what he has than anybody
in the conference.

During the 2002-2003 season Nutt had on his team:

Defense:
1st round NFL pick Batman Carroll at CB
2nd round NFL pick Ken Hamlin at FS
NFL player Eddie Jackson at CB
NFL player Lawrence Richardson at CB
NFL player Vickiel Vaughn at SS
NFL player Caleb Miller at MLB
NFL player Tony Bua at OLB
NFL player Arion Dixon at DT

Offense:
1st round NFL pick Shaun Andrews at OT
1st round NFL pick Matt Jones at QB
NFL player Cedric Cobbs at RB
NFL player Tavaris Jackson at QB
NFL player Bo Lacy at OT
NFL player Jason Peters at TE
NFL player Kyle Roper at C
NFL player De Cori Birmingham at WR/RB
NFL player Richard Smith at WR
NFL player George Wilson at WR
and don't forget Fred Talley

Season Result: It took a self proclaimed miracle to beat LSU, which earned us the right to get flat out pistol whipped 30-3 in the SEC championship game by Georgia, after which the great motivator Houston convinced the team to pick themselves up by their bootstraps and lose to Minnesota in the Freaking Music City Bowl to cap off an outstanding 9-5 season. If not for the "miracle" it would have been 8-4 in an even lower tier bowl. But hey, we're always picked low so that's overachieving.

More with Less my A$$

and in case you doubt the facts:

http://www.hogwired.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=30724&SPID=2419&DB_OEM_ID=6100&KEY=&Q_SEASON=2002

http://www.houstonnutt.com/players1.htm

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: tropical soooiee on May 01, 2007, 10:20:04 pm
in the conference.

Defense:

Offense:
NFL player Bo Lacy at OT

Season Result: It took a self proclaimed miracle to beat LSU, which earned us the right to get flat out pistol whipped 30-3 in the SEC championship game by Georgia, after which the great motivator Houston convinced the team to pick themselves up by their bootstraps and lose to Minnesota in the Freaking Music City Bowl to cap off an outstanding 9-5 season. If not for the "miracle" it would have been 8-4 in an even lower tier bowl. But hey, we're always picked low so that's overachieving.

More with Less my A$$

http://www.hogwired.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=30724&SPID=2419&DB_OEM_ID=6100&KEY=&Q_SEASON=2002

More excellent points, but don't confuse the Huggers with facts.

Justifiable Hogicide

Well, Nutt can't get it done here, so let's get somebody in here who can.

:razorback:

Torqued pork

Tennessee doesn't produce many more d1 prospects than Arkansas, but still manages to have a top ten recruiting class most years by recruiting nationally. I truly believe the same could be done here with the right hc and staff.

razorback93

Quote from: davehog on May 01, 2007, 09:35:41 pm
I travel a bit with my job and sports usually comes up when on the road.  The majority of non-Razorback fans think we have SO much potential to be a consistent big-time program.  I have spoken with a lot of Nebraska fans, and they are extremely envious of our "GREAT home recruiting territory compared to theirs, which is true.  I am anti-Nutt ONLY because I think he is not fulfilling realistic expectations for this program.  No BCS bowls during his tenure.  He had his chances in 1998, 2003, and 2006 and failed to do it.  I really laugh at that thought of HDN thinking that the monkey was off his back for last year's record.  Going to the Capital One bowl or whatever it is, was an achievement, but he still hasn't gotten to that BCS bowl. 
Nevermind the fact that he hasn't WON either time in the citrus/cap. one bowl.  I guess we can't ream him too much for his bowl record, because no UA coach has done very well in bowls.

tropical soooiee

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on May 01, 2007, 10:24:44 pm
in the conference.

Defense:

Offense:
NFL player Bo Lacy at OT

More with Less my A$$

More excellent points, but don't confuse the Huggers with facts.

It's not about huggers and darksiders. It's about truth. Houston's performance has proven he's not qualified to be an SEC coach. I don't care what other school's fans say. The truth of the matter is that most top tier SEC schools think of Arkansas as a school that was a little late getting to the party. We're outsiders to them and they d@mn sure don't care about us beating Texas a few times, or winning a NC in 1964. They think we spend our days barefoot, making meth, and trying to convince our 1st cousins that it doesn't matter that we're cousins. Other schools thinking that Houston is a good fit for Arkansas shouldn't be a defense...it's a very telling symptom of the problem.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on May 01, 2007, 10:31:17 pm
Tennessee doesn't produce many more d1 prospects than Arkansas, but still manages to have a top ten recruiting class most years by recruiting nationally. I truly believe the same could be done here with the right hc and staff.

You are absolutely correct.  More and more players opt to play for the coach and the system.  Unfortunately, we have Nutt and a yet to be defined (after 9 years) system.

Footballref

Resources meaning recruits the bigtime schools get.

jjones

in the conference.

Defense:

Offense:
NFL player Bo Lacy at OT

More with Less my A$$

Excellent list of stats.  I wonder in 4 years when we look back on the 2006 season just how many of our players will be NFL draft picks.  I've got a feeling that the list then could be more impressive.

gangstaback

Quote from: rampage72501 on May 01, 2007, 09:12:12 pm
How many of the fans from other schools have actually watched Razorback games in the past 9 years?  I mean REALLY watched and paid attention to the stat sheets?

If Houston Nutt does more with less, imagine what he should be able to do with "more".  If he can win at Arkansas, wouldn't it stand to reason that he would be fantastic at a school with better resources and a better recruiting base?

So why aren't those programs beating down the door to get him?

Does it matter in the end? We still won 10 games. Were first in the SEC before the tournament game.

DriveByHogger

Quote from: moses_007 on May 01, 2007, 09:41:36 pm

We couldn't be worse off if we had a pet rock for head coach.
She ain't revved 'till the rods are thrown!

PeytonManningSUCKS

they can chalk us up... nutts never beat ga... That's why they love him.

bpchristian

A new coach...its just that simple!
"the righteous man walks in his integrity; his children are blessed after him." Proverbs 20:7

conman_7

I get so tired of hearing we can't get the good players/coaches!  Do parents not teach kids today that can't never did anything.  If you want something, don't settle for less!

conman_7

I say we watch Gus this year @ tulsa, see if he is as good as advertised?(without nuttless)
If he is just get him, PAY HIM WHAT IT TAKES TO GET HIM BACK!

bpchristian

Don't settle...its just that simple!
"the righteous man walks in his integrity; his children are blessed after him." Proverbs 20:7

hogfan064

in the conference.

That's how all my South Carolina fans feel about Arkansas as well.  Talk to most SEC fans and most think Nutt is a good coach. 

ballhog88

We had that before and were not very good. We ran the last one off that had success because he ran the ball too much.

PigsCanFly

Something to keep in mind is that living out of state gives you a different perspective. Having lived for nearly 2 decades in Arkansas, one in Georgia and one in Alabama (along with 4 years in Texas), you gain a richer experience to draw from. It's like being older--you aren't more intelligent, but you do gain wisdom.

HDN is by no means perfect, nor is he the best CFB coach in America. He has made mistakes, like all humans. His playcalling is too predictable. All things considered though, he has earned my respect and the respect of most college football "experts" around the country. He will have no problem landing a good HC job elsewhere, if he leaves Arkansas. I think we are lucky to have him. Given the treatment he has received here lately, we might be even more lucky to find someone better.

cityhog

Quote from: PigsCanFly on May 02, 2007, 11:45:11 am
Something to keep in mind is that living out of state gives you a different perspective. Having lived for nearly 2 decades in Arkansas, one in Georgia and one in Alabama (along with 4 years in Texas), you gain a richer experience to draw from. It's like being older--you aren't more intelligent, but you do gain wisdom.

HDN is by no means perfect, nor is he the best CFB coach in America. He has made mistakes, like all humans. His playcalling is too predictable. All things considered though, he has earned my respect and the respect of most college football "experts" around the country. He will have no problem landing a good HC job elsewhere, if he leaves Arkansas. I think we are lucky to have him. Given the treatment he has received here lately, we might be even more lucky to find someone better.

He had a heck of a time finding another job this past year (after 10-4 and SECCOY), and Lord knows he tried. 

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: PigsCanFly on May 02, 2007, 11:45:11 am

I've lived out of state for almost two decades and in several states.  My best friend still lives in Tucson and is a die hard Michigan fan.  While he was blasting Lloyd Carr one day, I told my buddy that I thought Carr was a good coach.

He groaned and started rattling off facts and statistics that I, as a non-fan, didn't have a clue about.  By the time he was done, I agreed that Carr may be an ok coach, but he wasn't living up to the tradition and standards of Michigan football.  As an OUTSIDER, I didn't know all the FACTS, I didn't care to know them, and all I was basing my judgement on was a few top 25 rankings and watching them on the TV once or twice a year.  Guess what?  I was WRONG about Carr.

Correspondingly, I did the same to him with Nutt, who he thought was ok.  The outcome was the same, and he admitted to NOT knowing how traditionally good our program is, let alone how one dimensional Nutt's offense is.  He was WRONG too.  Facts can set you free.

Guess what?  These outsiders that think Nutt is so great are WRONG too, for the exact same reasons.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?