Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Petition Arkansas/LSU in Fayetteville not Little Rock

Started by tigerLSU, April 24, 2007, 12:02:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerLSU

Quote from: ET Hog Fan on April 24, 2007, 01:33:01 pm
Quote from: Bacon The Saddle Again on April 24, 2007, 12:27:13 pm
If the Hogs move out of Little Rock, you can bet that A-State and UCA would be clammoring at the chance to fill the void of D-I football for Central Arkansas.

I am all for keeping the LSU game in LR!

As for ASU, they should move a few games every season to LR to help with their own recruiting.  ASU/UCA matchup at War Memorial would be a nice game.

IMO, Ultimately WMS will die due to lack of funds.  The U of A shouldn't be responsible for the remodeling.  LR and Central Arkansas will have to come up with some major funds to remodel, I am not sure that the taxpayers will ever be willing to foot the bill just to watch one or two ballgames per season. 

The question was asked a few posts ago, "Are there any other major universities that play their home games away from home?"  My answer, I don't know.  But your ? begs another. . .why does that matter?  We don't have to conform just because that is the way everybody else does it!  Individuality is nice every now and then.  It is not so nice when your the only program that could be an off season soap opera, but it is nice to be known for tradition, loyalty, and respect to the whole state of Arkansas.  Otherwise, we should just call it the Northwest Arkansas University.

With regards to TigerLSU, if you think LR is a dump, you should take a look around Baton Rouge and reconsider what you call a dump!

Sorry for the diarrhea of the keyboard!  Im done now.

I didn't call LR dump
I was  pointing to the fact that this game was not played on campus

rogershogfan16

I vote for all "home" games in Fayetteville. Sorry LR. :razorback:

slopinhogs

oh, so you want to aleinate the whole damn state. :razorback:

HOGS FOREVER[move]
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

menehune

Those of you who don't understand why there is a split in the NWA vs Central Arkansas fan base - here is the biggest reason.  I too began going to Razorback games in 1958.  For years, there was nothing but farmland and mountains in NWA - no money, no easy access to the area.  When NWA got both (along with changes in NCAA recruiting rules), the games were moved to RRS.  Perhaps ya'll might remember that it hasn't been that long ago that Razorback Stadium didn't even have lights for evening games.  Anyway - the perception from many of us in Central Arkansas (and south and east of LR) is that the University doesn't need us anymore and has abandoned the
very part of the fan base that for years kept the program afloat.  Because the University of Arkansas Razorback football program is the biggest game in the entire state, quality GAMES should stay in LR.  Hike up the ticket prices to make up the difference.  As long as there was a name opponent - most of us wouldn't care.  Besides that practical reason - the crowds in Fayetteville still don't measure up to the crowds in Little Rock as far as intensity on a consistent basis.  It's getting better, but has a long way to go.  JMO

NuttinItUp

Quote from: tigerLSU on April 24, 2007, 12:02:45 pm

Playing Ark in Little Rock is a dump. We try to make this a big rivalry so I think the best thing to do is play the game on Arkansas's campus. The stadium I hear is really nice.

agree or disagree
agree

The Marmot

Quote from: slopinhogs on April 24, 2007, 01:58:59 pm

HOGS FOREVER[move]
If all the games were in LR, I would still be a fan and support the program.

The campus is in Fayetteville so the games should be there. If the real reason they are in LR is b/c the personel in F'ville are gone, I can accept that. But I DO NOT support the games being there just to placate some boosters... remember, the program loses $$$ playing there.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

mword

Agree. Why should the Hogs have to play at two stadiums? No other team does. Leave them in Fayetteville where they belong. If Little Rock wants a football team, get one from UALR.

hogfan2286

April 24, 2007, 02:16:53 pm #57 Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 02:18:40 pm by hogfan2286
Quote from: heater on April 24, 2007, 02:09:52 pm
Quote from: slopinhogs on April 24, 2007, 01:58:59 pm

HOGS FOREVER[move]
If all the games were in LR, I would still be a fan and support the program.

The campus is in Fayetteville so the games should be there. If the real reason they are in LR is b/c the personel in F'ville are gone, I can accept that. But I DO NOT support the games being there just to placate some boosters... remember, the program loses $$$ playing there.

I think the amount of money lost is easily made up by the amount of money gained from boosters in Central Arkansas who would probably stop donating as much if all the games were moved out of LR.  Playing games in LR gives people from all areas of the state to see the Razorbacks play, the players love playing there, and it helps maintain the statewide support. I am willing to lose some revenue to keep the statewide support that makes our program so unique

DickSonstreetDFW

I have no idea why any LSU fan would want to move the game to campus.

We can't beat LSU at WM and its much more like a home game for LSU fans than it would be in Fayetteville.

In LR, LSU fans make up a larger percentage of the fans in attendance than they ever would in Fayetteville.

I think it sucks, but the LSU fans should want to keep it where it is.

LR gives advantages to LSU that Fayetteville would not.

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: superhogfan on April 24, 2007, 12:26:15 pm
Quote from: Mark Martin Fan on April 24, 2007, 12:21:03 pm
Anybody think about renovating War Memorial so it could hold 60,000 in a nice facility?  If LR wants the games so bad, why not provide a nice place to play/attend games?

BTW, I live in Pulaski County, so I like the convenience of the LR games, but the place is a dump. 

Either place, I will root for the Hogs!!!!

I agree with this.  Renovate the stadium.

Agreed: WMS is an embarrassing dump.

LR crapped in their own mess kit by not fixing the stadium, continuing to rob the UA for its rental and removing all indications and color that it was a Razorback home stadium.

Even though the University takes a huge financial hit for playing there, I do think they ought to continue one game in LR but not an important conference game like LSU.

DEVICEHIGH

Anybody think about renovating War Memorial so it could hold 60,000 in a nice facility?  If LR wants the games so bad, why not provide a nice place to play/attend games?

BTW, I live in Pulaski County, so I like the convenience of the LR games, but the place is a dump. 

They did improve it last year.

New logo!
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

DickSonstreetDFW

Quote from: pikehog on April 24, 2007, 01:50:04 pm
Quote from: PiggyBack on April 24, 2007, 12:25:27 pm
Are there any other major universities that play their home games away from home?

(Again, don't cite the Red River Shootout)

And why should we not cite the Red River Shootout?

Because its not a good comparison.

If Ar / LSU was played in Dallas or Shreveport every year, then it would have merit.

As it stands, LSU gets a home game, we get a road game and a road game lite.

Hogtropolis™

Hogtropolis™

April 24, 2007, 02:24:45 pm #63 Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 02:30:48 pm by Hogtropolis™
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on April 24, 2007, 02:21:39 pm

They did improve it last year.

New logo!

I love going to games at Waste Management Stadium! /end sarcasm/

DEVICEHIGH

We have boosters in Fort Smith. Why don't we play a game at Harper Stadium?

biggiepiggie

The only fair thing is to rotate everybody we play in the SEC.  Each
year we play a different team in the Rock.  Not just LSU.

stchane

I have really enjoyed Little Rock over the years.  I think its a positive that we play home games in two different stadiums, not a negative.  So what if its a burden, do the other people of the state not have a right to see their team play 3 hours closer to home?
The stadium does need some work.  I think they should add an upper deck and drop ticket prices to make sure the stadium is filled.  That way, they might be able to even make money on the games. 
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

Michaelt

Other than the tradition of playing in Little Rock, one of the reasonings I've always heard is that the game being played on Thanksgiving weekend, there is not a large number of students on campus as most travel home or to friends/family homes for Thanksgiving.

Now I can't attest to that lately, but I do recall a friend of ours son calling us this past Thanksgiving, he was in Fayetteville because he had to work the Friday after Thanksgiving, and said he and his friends had driven through campus and it was like a ghost town.
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

hogfan2286

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on April 24, 2007, 02:27:08 pm

The University of Arkansas would not be what it is today if we hadn't played games in LR. It is a great tradition, that pretty much everybody outside NWA enjoys and supports. I hate getting mixed up in these threads because us bickering like this is really just pointless. There are going to be games in LR for awhile, no point in arguing about it now.

The Marmot

Or Indian Stdium in Jonesboro... or Lions Stadium in PB... or the Cotton Boll Stadium in Monticello. Hell, lets just put 'em on the road for the year.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Arkapigdiesel

College football home games should be played on campus.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

cosmodrum

Playing Ark in Little Rock is a dump. We try to make this a big rivalry so I think the best thing to do is play the game on Arkansas's campus. The stadium I hear is really nice.

agree or disagree

Not much of a rivalry when we never win. And when we do, we call it, "The Miracle on Markham."

Go away, batin'

Newport Hog

How about thjis, play two NC games in Little Rock face it, it be packed there and chances for a let down would be slim.

little pigee

"The Golden Boot, a nearly 200-pound 24-karat gold statue in the shape of the states of Arkansas and Louisiana, was introduced to the series in 1996. For the past 11 seasons, the winner of the Arkansas-LSU game has taken home the traveling trophy. "

So, why don't we melt the gay trophy down, sell the gold ($2,188,800), and paint WMS.
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

moses_007

It should be rotated between Little Rock and Fayetteville like most of the other games are. :razorback:

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: schweine on April 24, 2007, 02:12:55 pm
Agree. Why should the Hogs have to play at two stadiums? No other team does. Leave them in Fayetteville where they belong. If Little Rock wants a football team, get one from UALR.

Do you really care what other programs do?  Do you really think the U of A can exist without support from across the state?
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

g.lynn

On TV, WM (Waste Management?) stadium looks high school.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

There is nothing wrong with the Hogs, that cannot be cured by what is right with the Hogs!

mword

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on April 24, 2007, 03:09:16 pm
Quote from: schweine on April 24, 2007, 02:12:55 pm

Do you really care what other programs do?  Do you really think the U of A can exist without support from across the state?

Why not? UA Pine Bluff and Arkansas State is doing just fine. Also, I do care.

The Marmot

Quote from: moses_007 on April 24, 2007, 03:02:13 pm
It should be rotated between Little Rock and Fayetteville like most of the other games are. :razorback:

Ummm, what?

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

DEVICEHIGH

Quote from: heater on April 24, 2007, 02:36:01 pm

Or Indian Stdium in Jonesboro... or Lions Stadium in PB... or the Cotton Boll Stadium in Monticello. Hell, lets just put 'em on the road for the year.

Agreed

cowboym

Quote from: IMAballHawg on April 24, 2007, 01:45:51 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on April 24, 2007, 12:21:14 pm

agree or disagree

Everyone think LR is great because they can get drunk much closer to the stadium.  Never mind that it s a much smaller stadium, or that the "home" team has to pay rent, and has about 2mil per in lost revenue playing there, or that recruits can not take official visits there, or that it is 200 mles from campus. 

Couldnt we just play the game in NWA and use the extra revenue generated to hire a better coach?

That is absolutely the best reason I have ever heard for the game to be in Fayetteville.  1 million a year more for a Real coach's salary.  I think you might be on to something. NICE BUTTS
Cowboy M

oldman1015

Arkansas, the left lane state.

hogsanity

Quote from: oldman1015 on April 24, 2007, 03:40:28 pm
do it and you will see uca explode.

Because central ar Hog fans are only hog fans as long as it is convienent to be one? 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The Marmot

Quote from: hogsanity on April 24, 2007, 03:44:47 pm

Because central ar Hog fans are only hog fans as long as it is convienent to be one? 

DING, DING, DING... We have a winner!!!!!!

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

hogfan2286

Quote from: heater on April 24, 2007, 03:46:21 pm

DING, DING, DING... We have a winner!!!!!!

Ya'll need to get a grip.

LuckyGiraffe

I for one live in Memphis and hate WMS.  I don't mind driving 5.5 hours to Fayetteville to go to games at RRS.  I vote for the move to RRS, WMS is an old and decrepit stadium.  The atmosphere for the LSU game is great with 55000 people, just imagine that game with 80,000.  That game could set attendance records at RRS every other year.  It is a pivotal game for at least one of the teams every year and it is played late in the season.  Wouldn't it be nice for the football team to be able to play their last 2 or 3 games at "home" (RRS) for once.  Instead fans and Stephen's keep crying to keep those games in LR at the cost of millions to the program.

hogsanity

IF the UA said they were moving all the games to LR, but all the added revenue was going to be used for the next hc, would you still be opposed to it?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

LuckyGiraffe

Just moving games from WMS to RRS could provide more than enough revenue from general $55 tickets to go after any FB coach in the nation!

hogfan2286

Quote from: hawgfan923 on April 24, 2007, 03:50:30 pm
I for one live in Memphis and hate WMS.  I don't mind driving 5.5 hours to Fayetteville to go to games at RRS.  I vote for the move to RRS, WMS is an old and decrepit stadium.  The atmosphere for the LSU game is great with 55000 people, just imagine that game with 80,000.  That game could set attendance records at RRS every other year.  It is a pivotal game for at least one of the teams every year and it is played late in the season.  Wouldn't it be nice for the football team to be able to play their last 2 or 3 games at "home" (RRS) for once.  Instead fans and Stephen's keep crying to keep those games in LR at the cost of millions to the program.

No one in LR is crying about it, that battle has been fought and it is over. I understand wanting to play all the games on campus, but I genuinely think it is beneficial to the program to keep a big time game in LR.

rtom

only reason people like games in litte rock is cause they can get drunker before the game than in fayetteville..home games belong in fayetteville period...we drive from searcy to fay for every home game...and back afterwards..not hard to do...money and recruiting are better for the team than in lr....

humphrey

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on April 24, 2007, 12:16:56 pm
Completely 100% disagree.  If don't think central Arkansas  deserves the LSU game, then you don't know your Razorback history.

I do know Razorback history and I'm sick of it.  I want the losing to STOP!!!  Once we dump the traditional Razorback losing ways, we can finally make an attempt at the elite program we have always wanted.

humphrey

It seems like the central AR Hog fans are trying to make your statement true :)

Torqued pork

Has anyone ever wondered why LSU hasn't offered to play us in Shreveport? Could it be b/c they would lose $$$ and their campus is several hours from Shreveport? Could it be b/c home games off-campus would cost them precious recruiting weekends during the season?

Why do so many of our "great" fans outside of NWA insist on our football program catering to their lazy arses regardless of the sacrifices involved ???

trough

Agree.  I hate Little Rock games.  Let them pull their donations and give to UCA or UALR!!!!

humphrey

April 24, 2007, 04:21:21 pm #94 Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 04:23:32 pm by humphrey
Quote from: NinoHog on April 24, 2007, 04:18:26 pm
Go ahead and do it. Burn the bridges you have with the coaches in Central Ar.....

I really thought the name was The University of Arkansas.......  Not University of Northwest Arkansas.....  But They would lose some big Time Boosters... Really Big...

You're absolutely right, it IS the University of Arkansas.  If you want to see a game, you can drive to the campus and watch one.  If you don't want to drive to the campus, you can watch the game on TV, listen to it on the radio, catch the updates on Hogville, or do something else.

But, you are still correct.  This is the University of ARKANSAS, not the university of LR and not the university of your front lawn. 

Caddiebacks

Petition not signed by me.  The atmosphere before, during and after the game is top notch.  Plus I am a little biased, it is about a 15 min drive for me.

hogsanity

The whole driving argument makes me laugh.  What about fans of teams in places like Tn where they have to drive from the west edge to the east edge, or TX fans that have to drive from Amarillo to Austin?  I could go on and on, but lets not think that a Ua fans driving from Helena to Fay is a isolated thing among college Fb fans. 

Torqued pork

Quote from: caddiebacks on April 24, 2007, 04:22:51 pm
Petition not signed by me.  The atmosphere before, during and after the game is top notch.  Plus I am a little biased, it is about a 15 min drive for me.

Typical for a WMS supporter...it's all about you.

humphrey

Quote from: hogsanity on April 24, 2007, 04:25:05 pm
The whole driving argument makes me laugh.  What about fans of teams in places like Tn where they have to drive from the west edge to the east edge, or TX fans that have to drive from Amarillo to Austin?  I could go on and on, but lets not think that a Ua fans driving from Helena to Fay is a isolated thing among college Fb fans. 

Amen to that!!!

Torqued pork

Quote from: NinoHog on April 24, 2007, 04:26:06 pm
Quote from: humphrey on April 24, 2007, 04:21:21 pm
Quote from: NinoHog on April 24, 2007, 04:18:26 pm
Go ahead and do it. Burn the bridges you have with the coaches in Central Ar.....

I really thought the name was The University of Arkansas.......  Not University of Northwest Arkansas.....  But They would lose some big Time Boosters... Really Big...

You're absolutely right, it IS the University of Arkansas.  If you want to see a game, you can drive to the campus and watch one.  If you don't want to drive to the campus, you can watch the game on TV, listen to it on the radio, catch the updates on Hogville, or do something else.

But, you are still correct.  This is the University of ARKANSAS, not the university of LR and the university of your front lawn. 

Heck I have to watch the games on TV anyway.... I am gettin married got a new car and a new place...I am BROKE!!!!!!!!!!  But still you say move it now but remember that when the Next DMac,MH, or JA leaves the state. When every school in Central Ar maybe even further Turns into Warren...
HDN has shown he's an equal opportunity fence destroyer so that point is worthless.