Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Petition Arkansas/LSU in Fayetteville not Little Rock

Started by tigerLSU, April 24, 2007, 12:02:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgpharmer

Why do people bring up that school is out when this debate starts?  It seems that everytime that the game is in Baton Rouge that Tiger Stadium is packed.  They make it there on a holiday weekend.  Why couldn't we?  I think some fans and students would begin to plan around the game when it is at RRS.  And for the record WMS is a hole and should be imploded.  Make a bigger parking lot for the zoo or something.

ballhog™

I live 10 minutes from Razorback Stadium so that would be fine with me.  But I got no problem with playing LSU in the rock either.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Jimmy

Quote from: tigerLSU on April 24, 2007, 12:02:45 pm

Playing Ark in Little Rock is a dump. We try to make this a big rivalry so I think the best thing to do is play the game on Arkansas's campus. The stadium I hear is really nice.

agree or disagree

We'll move the game to Fayetteville, if you'll move everyone who can't handle their liquor out of Baton Rouge.  

JadedHog

i agree........little rock is a dump............ALL games should be in fayetteville...........they only play in little rock to keep the insecure little rock fans happy by thinking war memorial is relevant............war memorial "atmosphere" is a media creation.

lilredheadedlady

Playing Ark in Little Rock is a dump. We try to make this a big rivalry so I think the best thing to do is play the game on Arkansas's campus. The stadium I hear is really nice.

agree or disagree

I definitely agree.  I think that ALL Hog home games should be played...well...on the U of A campus.  Our conference home games AT THE VERY LEAST should be played at RRS.  I hate to say it, but the stadium in LR just isn't that nice.  And the atmosphere at RRS is now just as good (or has eclipsed) that of LR's. 

I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

towneofbeverlyhills

it needs to move The Villa...LR pregames aren't amazing...its white trash from central arkansas...just calling it how I see it...ole miss pre game is amazing...u need to get out more if u think lr pre game is good...what it do. late.

BustinANutt

Ken Hatfeild was interviewed on the Buzz today and he made a good point. He said that one of the things wrong with the fan base today is that a lot of the people filling the stands at RRS are not born and breed Arkansans anymore. I would venture to say that most of the people that constently bring this crap up are first generation Arkansans. I would also wager that alot of you have never been to a LR game and you just pile on by calling it a dump because you heard someone else say it.

Besides the Tenn. game this year, I think LR is a much better big game atmosphere.

ballhog™

Quote from: JadedHog on April 24, 2007, 08:08:10 pm
i agree........little rock is a dump............ALL games should be in fayetteville...........they only play in little rock to keep the insecure little rock fans happy by thinking war memorial is relevant............war memorial "atmosphere" is a media creation.

Fayetteville can have a great atmosphere, but I have been to more games in Little Rock in which the atmoshere was a difference maker...imo.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

bsking

agree or disagree

Agree, the atmosphere at RRS is way better.

BustinANutt

Quote from: ballhog on April 24, 2007, 08:12:32 pm

Fayetteville can have a great atmosphere, but I have been to more games in Little Rock in which the atmoshere was a difference maker...imo.

I agree. If you are in RRS and it is not a huge game(SoCal, Tenn with gameday) everyone will be sitting on their asss acting like its a baseball game. This never happens in Little Rock not even against the likes of ULM.

The Boar War

The atmosphere in Little Rock on the day after Thanksgiving is one that has been unmatched in every single Fayetteville game I have attended.  To make a point I remember standing in the back of the student section and trying to get the blue hairs and privileged at the 03 Texas game to stand up.  At the 07 LSU game I remember being scared of the excitement shown by the elderly lady sitting behind me.  Absolutely no comparison in the atmospheres.

Plus think about the day after Thanksgiving?  It is the biggest shopping day of the year.  The best mall in the state is located right down the street and the place is packed all day.  Yes it is horrible for parking but the more people you have around the greater the atmoshpere.

The Boar War

Quote from: BustinANutt on April 24, 2007, 08:17:51 pm

I agree. If you are in RRS and it is not a huge game(SoCal, Tenn with gameday) everyone will be sitting on their asss acting like its a baseball game. This never happens in Little Rock not even against the likes of ULM.

exactly!  I'm sure chatanooga would draw full capacity at RRS.

V

Nope, keep it in the rock. People in LR are much more in touch than the kids in Fayetteville. This game is big in WMS and CBS nationwide. Don't ruin it.

V

actually, there's more white trash in NWA. The central Arkansas region is more diverse and deserves that game. It will never move. The Battle for the Boot in WMA!!!

hogfan2286

Quote from: towneofbeverlyhills on April 24, 2007, 08:11:47 pm
it needs to move The Villa...LR pregames aren't amazing...its white trash from central arkansas...just calling it how I see it...ole miss pre game is amazing...u need to get out more if u think lr pre game is good...what it do. late.

The "white trash from central arkansas" makes up a pretty good part of our fan base. We are from Arkansas there are going to be some rednecks at football games throwing down. You act like it is embarrassing that there are "white trash" at Arkansas football games but that is what Arkansas football is all about, people from all different backgrounds coming together having a good time and supporting the hogs.

JadedHog

[/quote]

that's because that is what nutt says after the game............it's called kissing-up.......it's called PR...........it's called, "little rock please love me so i can keep my job" politics.............i've been to plenty of games in war memorial when the crowd was dead................and i've been there plenty of times when the crowds doing the wave on 3rd and 8

bcshog

Quote from: PiggyBack on April 24, 2007, 12:05:12 pm
Agree.

It's RETARDED to play home games away from campus.

(Don't give me the Red River Shootout as an example.)
But what about the Red River Shootout?

V

what's really stupid about this thread is letting an LSU fan start it and call WM a dump. Baton Rouge is a chemical stink pit and that stadium that they call historic is large but the worst stadium in the SEC outside of MS ST. WM had a makeover and new truf installed. It is a great stadium and the Central Arkansas fans love it.

whitecohogg

The atmosphere in LR is soooo much better than F'Ville!! We need all the help we can get against LSU every year and the LR crowd gives much better support opposed to the F'Ville crowd that goes to the games just to "be seen". That

whitecohogg

Compare the record at War Memorial vs. RRS. It does not even come close!!! I believe the ONLY team the Hogs have lost to in LR since Houston was coach is LSU. I know we play some cupcakes in LR but our home field advantage in F'Ville is not very distinct.

Torqued pork

Quote from: whitecohogg on April 24, 2007, 08:37:24 pm
The atmosphere in LR is soooo much better than F'Ville!! We need all the help we can get against LSU every year and the LR crowd gives much better support opposed to the F'Ville crowd that goes to the games just to "be seen". That
If you would rather be around drunk rednecks in a run-down part of Little Rock than on a beautiful college campus in the mountains, then yes, the atmosphere is soooo much better in the Rock.

cityhog

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on April 24, 2007, 12:15:56 pm

agree or disagree

This game needs to stay in the Rock.  The game atmoshphere in Little Rock is unbelievable.  Little Rock deserves to have this game.  

LR deserves this game?  give me a huge break!  LR isn't the home campus for the UofA.  War Memorial is a dump.  Why should students (this is after all COLLEGE athletics) have to travel to see a home game?  LR deserves this game??  C'mon man.

cityhog

Quote from: whitecohogg on April 24, 2007, 08:47:48 pm
Compare the record at War Memorial vs. RRS. It does not even come close!!! I believe the ONLY team the Hogs have lost to in LR since Houston was coach is LSU. I know we play some cupcakes in LR but our home field advantage in F'Ville is not very distinct.

You just refuted your own statement.  LR schedule is filled with LA-Monroe and Tenn-Chatt schools.  Of course the record is better there.

cityhog

Quote from: V on April 24, 2007, 08:36:25 pm
what's really stupid about this thread is letting an LSU fan start it and call WM a dump. Baton Rouge is a chemical stink pit and that stadium that they call historic is large but the worst stadium in the SEC outside of MS ST. WM had a makeover and new truf installed. It is a great stadium and the Central Arkansas fans love it.

I'm a hog fan and WM is a dump.

humphrey

Quote from: towneofbeverlyhills on April 24, 2007, 08:11:47 pm

You've hit the nail on the head with the pre-game thing.  These guys in LR only think they have a good pre-game atmosphere, but they refuse to look past LR to see other footbal lgames.

Bottom line, the people who don't want to come to Fayetteville for a game don't have any pride in the UNIVERSITY of Arkansas, they just want to follow some team and the Razorbacks are all they've got.  All winning porgrams have some things in common: outstanding updated facilities, a fan base that is willing to travel to the UNIVERSITY campus, and a fan base that is proud of their campus and wants to show it off.

These people who want games in LR are telling themselves and the rest of the world that the campus of their OWN university is not good enough for them to go to and it is something that we should be ashamed of and hide from the rest of the world.

When people go to a game at LSU, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Michigan (ugh!!), or Ohio State, they enjoy the pilgrimmage to a place they refer to as sacred.  They enjoy roaming around campus and supporting the university with their money.  When on these campuses, you can see the eyes of little kids get really wide when they see the special places around campus.  Football games are special things and the visit to campus is special to those people.

Instead, those who want games in LR don't care about the University and don't care about supporting the kids on campus with the dollars they spend ON CAMPUS.  All they care about is making our Razorbacks play in a sub-standard facility that is the laughing stock of the nation and making our University lose money in the transaction so that they don't have to travel to the campus that they don't is good enough for them.

cityhog

Quote from: V on April 24, 2007, 08:21:13 pm
Nope, keep it in the rock. People in LR are much more in touch than the kids in Fayetteville. This game is big in WMS and CBS nationwide. Don't ruin it.

Yes because the people in LR, NOT the students really do make up the UofA.  ridiculous.  In touch with what????

Arkiebrian

cityhog

Quote from: The Boar War on April 24, 2007, 08:19:06 pm
Quote from: BustinANutt on April 24, 2007, 08:17:51 pm

exactly!  I'm sure chatanooga would draw full capacity at RRS.

Well maybe when we move to the Sunbelt Conf (We're 1/4 of the way there this year)  we'll play all our games at WM.  Won't that be exciting?

bsking

April 24, 2007, 08:58:30 pm #178 Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 09:02:41 pm by bsking
Quote from: V on April 24, 2007, 08:21:13 pm

Please!  Come to the student section in RRS.  It is freakin insane.  I went to a Little Rock game for the first time in my life last year, and i was extremely dissapointed.  Everyone talks about how we, at least were, virtually unbeatable there because of the atmosphere.  Well I dont know what it is about the atmosphere, because it isnt the crowd.  The crowd is CONSIDERABLY louder and roudier in fayetteville, aboslutely no question about it.

cityhog

And I also want to thank David Bazzel for creating that stupid boot trophy that we NEVER win.  A rivalry is created by both teams beating each other and years of hate, not some stupid trophy.

JadedHog

the notion we "need" to play games in war memorial is crumbling faster than the foundation of that piece of crap stadium with the narrow seats and the out-dated concourse and the mickey mouse jumbotron.

V

CityHog you don't know much about LR or that part of LR or Central Arkansas or probably Arkansas for that matter. What do you think you possibly know about NYC....LOL

LR has always had games and will continue to. It's an agreement with the city to share the revenue, it also allows the good fans from the East, South and Central to all join in and view a game.

Tailgating on the oldest golf course in the state, Jennings Osborns BBQ's, 103.7 the Buzz, the Hog Trough...it's all LR tradition and it will never change.

And yes Arlansans are fat ass goofyl looking rednecks for the most part, just like the fans from the other SEC schools.

Go Hogs Go!!! Beat Wichita State!!!

V

CityHog, you are dreary and need to go on to bed before you cry. All you have done is whine.

bsking

Quote from: V on April 24, 2007, 09:06:04 pm
CityHog you don't know much about LR or that part of LR or Central Arkansas or probably Arkansas for that matter. What do you think you possibly know about NYC....LOL

LR has always had games and will continue to. It's an agreement with the city to share the revenue, it also allows the good fans from the East, South and Central to all join in and view a game.

Tailgating on the oldest golf course in the state, Jennings Osborns BBQ's, 103.7 the Buzz, the Hog Trough...it's all LR tradition and it will never change.

And yes Arlansans are fat ass goofyl looking rednecks for the most part, just like the fans from the other SEC schools.

Go Hogs Go!!! Beat Wichita State!!!

Have you ever been in the student secton at RRS?

V

I haven't been to RRS in 4 years or WMS for a couple. I live in CC, TX. I was raised in Fayetteville and lived for years in LR. I love Arkansas but doubt I will live there again. It's good for the state and the revenue for LR to continue to have those games. I doubt they will ever move that LSU game.

bsking

Quote from: V on April 24, 2007, 09:10:01 pm
I haven't been to RRS in 4 years or WMS for a couple. I live in CC, TX. I was raised in Fayetteville and lived for years in LR. I love Arkansas but doubt I will live there again. It's good for the state and the revenue for LR to continue to have those games. I doubt they will ever move that LSU game.

It may be good for the revenue of little rock, but I honestly believe that it gives the hogs less of a chance to win.  It is very hard for teams to beat us in RRS, and it would give us a much needed advantage over LSU.  I think we would have won both LSU games in the last 2 years if they had been at RRS.  The environments are completely opposite.

V

This is the last thing before I go. The Razorbacks will always have 1 or 2 decent games in LR. They feel they have to keep that fan base around the state intact by affording them an opp to see a live game.

If they move all games to Fayetteville, that would give the toehold in Central Arkansas to ASU and UA is not about to let that happen.

You guys be good, and sorry I got on you City Hog, you are probably just having a bad night. i am sure you are a good guy.

Go Hogs Go!!! Beat the Shockers!!!

JadedHog

all games will be in fayetteville someday soon..........it's only a matter of time until the building inspector finds a HUGE crack in the foundation of that old place and condemns it.  

V

Quote from: bsking on April 24, 2007, 09:13:26 pm

It may be good for the revenue of little rock, but I honestly believe that it gives the hogs less of a chance to win.  It is very hard for teams to beat us in RRS, and it would give us a much needed advantage over LSU.  I think we would have won both LSU games in the last 2 years if they had been at RRS.  The environments are completely opposite.

Sorry, but the records just don't support that.

bsking

Quote from: V on April 24, 2007, 09:16:51 pm

I realize that, and that is why when i went to little rock both times last year, i was expecting something amazing.  It was completely dissapointing at the sheer lack of motivation, even at the lsu game.  I dont see ANY way that someone could say that little rock has a more hostile environment than fayetteville.

V

Central Arkansas is vital for recruiting also, there are just so many reasons to play in LR. Don't be short sided. If you are going to beat LSU it's not because of the student section in RRS. Thyis debate is a moot point and I abstain from uttering another objection or approval!!!!

PaleHorse

I always hear the argument that more people in NWA go out of town for thanksgiving than in central Arkansas... Does anyone have proof of this?

the "NWA" crowd isn't as bad as many will have you believe.  The Texas, USC, Tenn games have been just as rocking as ANY game ever played in Little Rock.  I go to the games in both locations, but its stupid to have our "rivalry" game off campus unless  they do the same.

BTW:  History doesn't have anything to do with it... we have only been playing this game there for a little over 10 years.  One SEC and one non-conf game should be in the Rock (hopefully they fix the dump soon) but LSU shouldn't be one of them.
Hog Database \ Arkansas Razorback Football History

hogfan2286

Quote from: bsking on April 24, 2007, 09:20:02 pm

I realize that, and that is why when i went to little rock both times last year, i was expecting something amazing.  It was completely dissapointing at the sheer lack of motivation, even at the lsu game.  I dont see ANY way that someone could say that little rock has a more hostile environment than fayetteville.

Lou Holtz called war memorial the toughest place to play in the SEC. Has anyone ever said that about RRS? When War Memorial is rocking it is a madhouse in there.

bsking

Quote from: hogfan2286 on April 24, 2007, 09:30:11 pm
Quote from: bsking on April 24, 2007, 09:20:02 pm

Lou Holtz called war memorial the toughest place to play in the SEC. Has anyone ever said that about RRS? When War Memorial is rocking it is a madhouse in there.

I know what people have said, and I have acknowleged it.  What I am saying is, Ive been to the last 4 games at LR, and ive been to the last season at RRS in the student section.  If anyone else has been to both, I would like to hear a comment, because from my experiences, the intensity is not even close.  War memorial honestly reminded me of a Jenx highschool game.  The stadium is crappy, its tiny, and its just not nearly as loud.  The only thing that i like about it is the fact that the north endzone is very close to the student section, and thats where the hogs warm up.  I know what people have said, and thats why i was so dissapointed.

ballhog™

Quote from: PaleHorse on April 24, 2007, 09:29:44 pm
I always hear the argument that more people in NWA go out of town for thanksgiving than in central Arkansas... Does anyone have proof of this?

the "NWA" crowd isn't as bad as many will have you believe.  The Texas, USC, Tenn games have been just as rocking as ANY game ever played in Little Rock.  I go to the games in both locations, but its stupid to have our "rivalry" game off campus unless  they do the same.

BTW:  History doesn't have anything to do with it... we have only been playing this game there for a little over 10 years.  One SEC and one non-conf game should be in the Rock (hopefully they fix the dump soon) but LSU shouldn't be one of them.

The only proof is when the hogs played LSU in 92 in Fayetteville.  The temperture was freezing, both teams were horrible, and the hogs won pretty easily.  The crowd wasn't very big.  Little Rock has a history of selling tickets at or near capcity when Fayetteville would not.  Maybe it would be different since Razorback stadium has been renovated.  If Arkansas is good I think Razorback stadium would be full or close to it, if the hogs were having an off year there would be a lot of empty seats with the game being around thanksgiving.  It would always be full in LR regardless of the recored imo.

Cartoon Man

With Frank soon to be out of the picture, I think you will see all the games in Fayetteville in a few years. War Memorial is a good HS stadium.

HawgWyld

Quote from: ballhog on April 24, 2007, 09:35:14 pm
Quote from: PaleHorse on April 24, 2007, 09:29:44 pm

The only proof is when the hogs played LSU in 92 in Fayetteville.  The temperture was freezing, both teams were horrible, and the hogs won pretty easily.  The crowd wasn't very big.  Little Rock has a history of selling tickets at or near capcity when Fayetteville would not.  Maybe it would be different since Razorback stadium has been renovated.  If Arkansas is good I think Razorback stadium would be full or close to it, if the hogs were having an off year there would be a lot of empty seats with the game being around thanksgiving.  It would always be full in LR regardless of the recored imo.
A lot's changed in northwest Arkansas since 1992, as well. They've got the population base up there to easily support a full season at RRS now.

Bear in mind, I'd hate to see the LSU game moved out of Little Rock, but the reason for playing games in Little Rock to begin with ended a long time ago -- northwest Arkansas isn't just a tiny little area full of one-horse towns anymore.

HawgWyld

Quote from: minister on April 24, 2007, 09:40:55 pm
With Frank soon to be out of the picture, I think you will see all the games in Fayetteville in a few years. War Memorial is a good HS stadium.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Remember that Frank is the man who suggested playing all games in Fayetteville while he was raising money/support for the stadium renovation. Irate fans across Arkansas pulled the plug on that proposal, leaving us with the "compromise" we've got now.

Even with Frank gone, you'll still have the same political pressure on the Board of Trustees.

jhippy

I travel from Dallas to every home game in Fayetteville. I do not go to the games any more in little rock because I don't think they should be played away from campus. I wonder how many kids see that game after thanksgiving nationally and think that is our home stadium and don't even give us a chance at getting them. I think if I can drive up from big D, those so called fans in central Arkansas can make a trip up to the hill.

BassinHawg

Move them ALL to Fayetteville!

Should have been done the season after RRS expansion was finished.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"