Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[MERGED] - Alabama and fan attendance (70K +)

Started by HeathWimp, April 21, 2007, 01:49:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PIGINAPOKE

Quote from: vol_in_ar on April 21, 2007, 01:54:44 pm
Did they bring out a live Elephant, as part of the pre game...
I heard they were going to have a live Elephant (Albatross) to open games, ala the Eagle at Auburn.
And we have a clown that bunny -hops out of a tunnel.
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

wincrimson

Quote from: towneofbeverlyhills on April 21, 2007, 10:28:36 pm
I agree...its sad for us, but keep in mind the state of bama has nothing to do especially the loosa...that cud be part of it

Really?  I live here, you know.

There's plenty to do in Tuscaloosa.  You should visit sometime.

Jazorback

I hope they didn't get any better at field goals. ;D

towneofbeverlyhills

everyone else including me thinks its a darn bomb.

moley_russells_wart_hog

Quote from: woodhog14 on April 21, 2007, 05:21:52 pm
Quote from: hogfanwp on April 21, 2007, 03:03:15 pm
Actually I live here and they just announced 90+k

My sister was at the game...she said they announced over the loud speaker that attendance was 92,100 and they had to turn people away. She said the crowd roared when they announced the attendance.

just curious do they charge to enter the game?

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on April 21, 2007, 02:53:21 pm
I mean, listen, we talkin’ about practice. Not a game, not a game, not a game…we talkin’ about practice. Not a game. Not a, not a, not the game that I go out there and, and text during and call every booty call like it’s my last. Not the game. We talkin’ about practice, man. I mean how silly is that? Man, we talkin’ about practice. I know I supposed to be there. I know I supposed to lead by example. I know that. And I’m not, I’m not shoving it aside, you know, like it don’t mean anything. I know it’s important. I do. I honestly do. But we talkin’ about practice man. What are we talkin’ about? Practice? We talkin’ about practice man.  We tal…we talkin’ about practice. We talkin’ about practice. We ain’t talkin’ about the game. We talkin’ about practice man.

One of my most favorite sports rants.  Right behind Jim Mora's "Playoff's" rant.  +10
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Porkatarian

3000 attending the baseball game, but only 2000 attended the Red-White game the same day.   Of couse that won't stop Rick Shaeffer from blaming it on the cold weather.  :puke:

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

jfb4ever

jfb4ever

Sad, but TRUE, Arkansas held the National Record for spring Attendance at one time, now we have 2,000, thanks frank

wincrimson

Quote from: towneofbeverlyhills on April 21, 2007, 11:03:56 pm
everyone else including me thinks its a crap bomb.

Where do you live, man?  I'm not kidding... come to T-Town for the Hogs/Bama showdown and I'm sure you'll change your opinion.

Ouachihog

"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Big_D

Quote from: Bvilleboar on April 21, 2007, 07:48:17 pm
New coach=big crowd.

Hmm, just wondering how many did HDN draw his first year, after being hired with that 4-7 stellar record at Boise State.

EastexHawg

Quote from: jabohog on April 21, 2007, 07:54:35 pm
We may not match Alabama at a spring game, and we may not sell out every game, but if we had a Saban caliber coach come in here I bet we would break 50k in the spring game. Everyone would want to see the new offense, defense, and kicking game.

Hey, haven't you heard?  We HAVE to keep Nutt because we are still selling tickets!  Goodness knows interest and attendance would dwindle back to Hugo Bezdek levels if the PTB ever let our illustrious, crowd inducing, program saving head coach get away.

Don't beleive me?

Look at what happened to Bama.  They got rid of a coach who won ten games just one year ago, just because he had a 6-6 season.  They bring in a new coach...and voila.  ONLY 93,000 (according to ESPN) ATTENDED THEIR SPRING GAME!!!

If they would have just stayed the course, maintained continuity...they could have had 1,800 to 2,000 at their spring game, just like us.

BTW...has anyone heard what percentage of the Alabama team quit when Coach Shula was let go and Saban brought in?  I'm sure it must have been a bunch, because I have read on this and other boards, and heard from plenty of Arkansas sports personalities, that there would have been mass defections if Coach Nutt had been let go...

Torqued pork

We've got to remember our fb program is only the 7th or 8th best in potential according to Frank, so our football program has surely hit its high water mark as far as he's concerned.

Here's to hoping the next AD will have slightly higher expectations.

Hognabit

Hognabit

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on April 22, 2007, 09:07:00 am
We've got to remember our fb program is only the 7th or 8th best in potential according to Frank, so our football program has surely hit its high water mark as far as he's concerned.

Here's to hoping the next AD will have slightly higher expectations.

Then i would assume that Kentucky would be behind Arkansas, which happened to have 11,000 in attendance with their spring blue/white game. We have moved further down the poll.

TheHogFan

Do some of you purposely search for reasons w we will lose next year? I mean you are Arkansas fans right?

pigfeet

Quote from: TheHogFan on April 22, 2007, 09:49:29 am
Do some of you purposely search for reasons w we will lose next year? I mean you are Arkansas fans right?

Yep, just wish we had a good fb coach.

Fire Nutt

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: RS confirmed that Arkansas had low attendance because we do not actively promote the Spring game like other schools do. This has GOT to be the reason that only 2,000 people showed to the spring game, right? NOT!!!!
     Bring on the excuses, let us hear them. Cry me a river!
     Did I mention Fire  :puke: Houston Nutt?!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

pigfeet

HawgSolid

We don't promote the Spring Game?  What the hell was all of that Razorfest hoopla?

jnhogs

sorry if this has already been posted... but that's fan support for ya...

Shizzle

They went out and hired one of the better college coaches in the nation. They had to go head to head with the NFL to do it, but they did what they had to do. The University of Alabama showed its fans that they are 100% dedicated to winning. The fans showed them that they are 100% dedicated to supporting them. The University of Arkansas kept Houston Nutt and ran off possibly one of the great offensive minds at the college level in Gus. Hired a recycled film boy to take his place David Lee. Ran off 2 super star to be players. I wonder why the Razorback fans didn't fill the bleachers like the Tide fans did.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

Shizzle

They packed the place that is all that matters. I'm sure being a Tide fan is a wonderful feeling to those guys they have been through some tough times lately. I long for the day we are excited enough to fill RRS for the spring game.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

HeathWimp

ESPN confirmed the attendance figure - check out their website.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

Bigfoot

easy on david lee there guy! he is a fine football coach! we will have a wonderful season in football this year! i can feel it big time! come on guy's lets get behind these guy's! we are the best fans on the planet! thats what makes arkansas great!

Bigfoot

Corganist

What I'm wondering is how many showed up last year when Shula was still coaching. He was, from what I understand, unpopular at Bama despite coming off a 10 win season...just like Nutt is here. Did Bama fans stay away in droves because of his unpopularity the way some people seem think Hog fans have? Or did they go out and support the kids and the program and try to make the best of it?

I'd imagine that if the poor attendance numbers for Arkansas say anything at all (and I'm not sure they do), then it saying something more about the fickleness and negativity of the fanbase than it is about Nutt.

jnhogs

more info about it... was trying to find out what last year's attendance was, but this is still interesting...

http://www.hendersonvillenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070421/APS/704211771

jsimpso3

sounds to me like theres not much to do in bammy-land

Wes Craven

Quote from: jsimpso3 on April 22, 2007, 07:42:07 pm
sounds to me like theres not much to do in bammy-land
Yeah, god forbid they suppor their football program. Of course, Arkansas just has a plethora of things to do.

JadedHog

it's a good thing it wasn't cold............they would have only had 2,000 like us........ha ha

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

granny grunt

Wish I could get that excited about Arkansas Razorback Football again..
Wish I could feel the thrill of expectation of the upcoming season.
Wish I could wish Houston Nutt far,  far  away........

Dugann

/dismiss we had 1,500...bah over rated.........rofl yea right

Tulsa has 4K btw ......just a /ponder.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

HITCHER

Let's see. 92,000 fans at the Bama spring game, 1500 at our spring game. GEE!

Doug

People seriously need to look for posts before starting their own thread.  This is now the third time I've merged this damn thing.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

hogsNbeer

Quote from: hogsanity on April 21, 2007, 01:50:52 pm
Quote from: HeathWimp on April 21, 2007, 01:49:32 pm
And don't say it's only because the weather is nice.

It is because bama is a Fb state, PERIOD, win or lose they sell out whatever the Fb event is.  They sell out the spring game, they sell out for podunk tech, they sell out in Nov even if they are 2-9.  Can we say the same? 

Well, they didnt' sell out last year for the spring game..... Bo reported approximately 92K in attendance for the spring game on saturday.....  doubling what they did last year...He also said they were turning people away!... Football is back in Crimson land..... 

BigDave70

I live in Alabama and the attendance was 93,498. They almost filled the whole stadium up.
"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant