Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DTS: Kodi Burns' father says Nutt did NOT text Kodi 1000s of times

Started by Big Papa Satan, April 09, 2007, 06:40:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Papa Satan

U.P. HOGG

Says that Nutt never text messaged him and that he didn't even message him untill Gus left.

TRUHOG718

http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

U.P. HOGG

Going after Rick, and said to leaved Kodi out of all of this.

probiotic

one of Sunshine Shaeffer's arguments totally shot down!!!

actually he did say he texted KB three times only after Gus left.

SultanofSwine

Big Papa Satan

Mr. Burns said that Kodi never recieved text messages from Arkansas until after Malzhan left.

He refuted what Shaeffer said about what Rick asserted about Burns over his alleged Ft. Smith source.

wooo

I'm listening

tell me later how this conversation started

U.P. HOGG

TRUHOG718

He said " Rick Everytime something comes up you use Kodi to fuel your case to support NuTT,   And thats not right"

Big Papa Satan

Mr. Burns just refuted the statement that Auburn used the race card against Arkansas.

Rick is backtracking.

mikeirwin

I was wondering when he was going to speak out. I talked to Kodi's dad right after that stuff came out about Auburn supposedly playing the race card against Arkansas. He told me it was nonsense but he didn't want to go public with any comments back then.

Hogtide

Quote from: donewithdale on April 09, 2007, 06:42:35 pm
WOW- Rick is busted.  Nutt didn't text him till after Gus left.  So its proven that HDN was neglecting a top qb recruit.  Oh well, we have our qb's we got over Mo Southern and Texas State Armadillos and Baylor... ALL IS WELL!!!!!!!

Gus is the one that should have been texting him.  That was Gus's recruit over all the other QB's we could have recruited including Mallet, he wanted Burns.  You want to blame somebody blame your boy Malzhan.

JIHawg

Rick changed his story right there on the air, trying to wiggle out of it.  Mr. Burns exposed Rick as a liar.

lightsout

WOW- Rick is busted.  Nutt didn't text him till after Gus left.  So its proven that HDN was neglecting a top qb recruit.  Oh well, we have our qb's we got over Mo Southern and Texas State Armadillos and Baylor... ALL IS WELL!!!!!!!

He was busy  ;)

_Collin1

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 09, 2007, 06:42:57 pm
Mr. Burns just refuted the statement that Auburn used the race card against Arkansas.

Rick is backtracking.

Wow, keep this thread going guys...  not too many times a parent is on the radio talking about Houston's recruiting style.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

HogHillbilly

April 09, 2007, 06:44:40 pm #16 Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 06:47:45 pm by HogHillbilly
Kick his arse Mr Burns..............
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

Big Papa Satan

Mr. Burns stated emphatically that he does not want his son's name brought up to defend Nutt.

Rick is apologizing for doing it.

jhogfan554

The question I have is since KB was Gus's recruiting responsibility why were there no text messages from Gus? why wasn't Gus doing his job

Hoop

Blaming Alex Wood for any problems with the offense is like blaming a spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being fat.-Swino

Hiring Dana Altman would be about as sexy as waking up in the morning to find your grandma with one tit in the coffee and the other in the oatmeal. -Wilsonhog

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

U.P. HOGG

Why would we need Kodi if we had a MM.  (Just Kidding)

TRUHOG718

He said "In the future I would really, really hope that you would not use his name  as a scapegoat to fuel your support for Houston Nutt or anyone else."

mikeirwin

I love it. He is finally speaking out.
If more people like that would speak up (Beck, Mitch, Damian are you reading this ?) some of the rumors would no longer be rumors.

probiotic

Quote from: Hogtide on April 09, 2007, 06:44:15 pm
WOW- Rick is busted.  Nutt didn't text him till after Gus left.  So its proven that HDN was neglecting a top qb recruit.  Oh well, we have our qb's we got over Mo Southern and Texas State Armadillos and Baylor... ALL IS WELL!!!!!!!

Gus is the one that should have been texting him.  That was Gus's recruit over all the other QB's we could have recruited including Mallet, he wanted Burns.  You want to blame somebody blame your boy Malzhan.
take a lesson from big time coaches and see how they recruit.  you better believe that nick saban and urban meyer personally text their recruits because they are the marquee face of the school.

BartIV

Poor Rick is caught in a bear trap. I wish i could listen to the radio. Anyone keep reporting what they are saying.

Ironhawg

I've seen the question asked twice and it makes me really wonder what the answer is.  Why wasn't Gus going after KB?

HogHillbilly

Sounds like Rick is bailing water out of Nutts sinking boat.............

IcEwalker

Quote from: jhogfan554 on April 09, 2007, 06:44:57 pm
The question I have is since KB was Gus's recruiting responsibility why were there no text messages from Gus? why wasn't Gus doing his job

good point, funny how no one has responded to this yet...

mikeirwin

He was talking about Nutt not Gus.
HDN treated Kodi just like he treated Mitch. He turned his recruiting over to another coach.
In Mitch's case it was Roy Wittke. Do you understand that HDN never made an in home visit to Mitch ?
In Kodi's case he let Gus do the work until Gus wasn't there anymore.

probiotic

Quote from: Ironhawg on April 09, 2007, 06:48:49 pm
I've seen the question asked twice and it makes me really wonder what the answer is.  Why wasn't Gus going after KB?
who says he wasn't?  Kodi or Gus' phone records were not FOIed

Above Mediocrity

Said he only texted Kodi 3 times!  I thought he was inundated with so many calls and text messages that he was told to stop?

Haha! Rick Schaeffer just got owned.
FIRE NUTT!!

Hogtide

Quote from: probiotic on April 09, 2007, 06:46:30 pm

take a lesson from big time coaches and see how they recruit.  you better believe that nick saban and urban meyer personally text their recruits because they are the marquee face of the school.

I'm not going to act like Nutt shouldn't have been texting him, but none of us know the situation other than he was Malzhan's recruit yet no text messages from Malzhan.  Why and why hasn't he been criticized for it?  Looks to me like Malzhan failed at his job and Nutt was trying to get back in on Kodi after the fact.  Just my opinion.

jhog

So Gus never sent a text to Kodi? I thought Kodi was one of Gus's main targets?  Looks like there is quite a bit of blame to go around.

BartIV

I thought Nutt was building a fence. Is the conversation still going?

Hogs-n-Roses

Wait a minute , Urban Meyer stated that all major recruits were eventually his responsibility, that some other coaches might be the main one on the trail but it was his job to text also and a lot. I can only talk about this one coach as he's the only one I saw a show on . I'd be willing to bet that the other Head coaches do it also but have no proof of them. And I am pretty sure Gus was doing his job in that area also.

Big Papa Satan

Rick is now laying the blame on this alleged reporter.

luvinlife

Why didn't gus do the job in recruiting Kodi??  NO ONE seems to want to respond to that.

Quote from: mikeirwin on April 09, 2007, 06:50:23 pm
He was talking about Nutt not Gus.
HDN treated Kodi just like he treated Mitch. He turned his recruiting over to another coach.
In Mitch's case it was Roy Wittke. Do you understand that HDN never made an in home visit to Mitch ?
In Kodi's case he let Gus do the work until Gus wasn't there anymore.

Above Mediocrity

He was referring to HDN in the conversation, NOT GUS.  He didn't specify how many times Gus texted him.
FIRE NUTT!!

bbulhogfan

very good point...houston is not the only recruiter that arkansas. they all go after different players. considering that malzahn was the OC...don't you think it should have been malzahn's job to get after him?? oh i forgot...everything is houston's fault.

AnthroHog

Quote from: Hogtide on April 09, 2007, 06:51:03 pm
Quote from: probiotic on April 09, 2007, 06:46:30 pm

I'm not going to act like Nutt shouldn't have been texting him, but none of us know the situation other than he was Malzhan's recruit yet no text messages from Malzhan.  Why and why hasn't he been criticized for it?  Looks to me like Malzhan failed at his job and Nutt was trying to get back in on Kodi after the fact.  Just my opinion.

Did Kodi Burns' dad say that Gus never texted him?

wooo

I think he said HDN didn't text Kodi until after Gus was gone

mikeirwin

Quote from: jhog on April 09, 2007, 06:51:48 pm
So Gus never sent a text to Kodi? I thought Kodi was one of Gus's main targets?  Looks like there is quite a bit of blame to go around.

Did he say Gus did not text Kodi or did he say HDN did not text Kodi ?

probiotic

Rick just blamed Kodi now.  What a great Christian man.  wow

toshortrock

kodi might have been a four or five star,and u know what nutt said the other day,,
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

HogHillbilly

My wife works with Kim.............We were listening, and she can't wait to see him at work tomorrow and tell him it's about dang time...........

probiotic

hey huggers, no one said Gus didn't text Kodi.

AnthroHog

Quote from: bbulhogfan on April 09, 2007, 06:53:04 pm

very good point...houston is not the only recruiter that arkansas. they all go after different players. considering that malzahn was the OC...don't you think it should have been malzahn's job to get after him?? oh i forgot...everything is houston's fault.

Well, when you think of a basketball coach sending 8,000 texts per month to recruits and compare how many recruits a football team is on and the head coach doesn't send many, that is his fault.  I know Fulmer does it and so does Urban Meyer, why doesn't Nutt?  Oh it is because he's won a national championship, wait.... the two coaches that are known to text a lot do.  Maybe there is something to texting after all.

Green_Lanternn

Quote from: probiotic on April 09, 2007, 06:54:09 pm
Rick just blamed Kodi now.  What a great Christian man.  wow
how, what did he say??  I can't listen.

BartIV

Kodi Burns dad puts it all down on Houston and not Gus, yet people still try to protect him. What a sad life they live.