Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Was Calipari sending out a vibe????

Started by JadedHog, April 04, 2007, 08:04:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

Quote from: Lanlord on April 04, 2007, 08:14:49 pm
Calapari?  That boat has already sailed.

we are without a coach....how has it already sailed?

rbarber46

i saw where he gets another 2 mil anuity if he stays thru 2010
" Coach Lee's offense is more broken down all the way where everything is right, " Crawford said. " Everything is for everybody. Coach Lee's offense is more advanced than the offense we had last year was. A lot more advanced. Coach Lee, he knows his stuff. "

BOSSMAN

Again Cal makes

1.85 a year with incentives 2.15 per year - this year he got it all

2007-08 1.95 total to 2.25

2008-09 2.05 total to 2.35

2009-10 2.15 total to 2.45

2010 May 1st $2.5 in cash bonus.

Ark would have to pay him $2.85 per year just to match the next three seasons not to mention he can win a NC here next year.

Dream on!

jjones

thanks bossman for clarifying.  I had heard on WREG about his salary last week, but they did not go into any more specifics than what i previously posted.  those stats would make for very tough negotiation.  Dream on could be a reality then.

osceola-hogman

One thing that has got to be considered when discussing salary for JC....TN has no state income tax.  You have to take that into consideration when talking potential salary.

Ugly Uncle

Cal will coach or team at somoe point.  I beliefe...not sources.
Retired Radio Host

PiggyBack

Quote from: uglyuncle on April 05, 2007, 02:36:25 am
Cal will coach or team at somoe point.  I beliefe...not sources.

That's funny right there....:)
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

hawaiianhogster

Hopefully the firm was told that we want the best coach in the world. But I doubt that happened. If we can't throw out around 2.5 to 3 mil we won't land one.

discombobulationist

April 05, 2007, 08:24:55 am #58 Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 08:29:45 am by discombobulationist
Quote from: HawgAlude on April 04, 2007, 09:35:47 pm
Naw-- I really am not a Cal fan. Nolan use to smoke him back in the day... We need a great coach fast....
Are you like 12 years old or something? Did you watch basketball when he was at UMASS? Our first game after the championship they torched us. I'd love to have Calipari, but he isn't coming here. Especially not after the way lesser coaches have turned us down.
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pm
ISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

DuffMcHog

I saw the interview also. I did feel some suck up to White, but my impression was that Calipari was putting his name out to replace Donavan at UF. He really layed it on about AD Foley being best AD out there. Just a gut feeling, but if Donavan leaves UF (which I doubt) then I'd expect to see Calipari all over UF. Just my take on the interview for what it's worth.
Restore the Razorback Pride! WPS and GHG.

ColumbianHog

Calipari said White was a great person to work for.

Well, the HC that's hired won't work for White...he'll work for a yet un-named AD.

Or will he...?

BringBackGusMalzon

CALAPARI=PERFECT....

Think about it everyone...This guy is perfect for the job, he is an italian version of Nolan Richardson.

Do you know what he would bring to our program?  Recruiting, Full Court Press, Steals, Slams, basically everything our fans love.  He would bring back Arkansas Basketball from the dead.  Everyone should be rooting for this guy.  And as for pay...GIVE IT TO HIM!!!  Why is everyone held up on the fact that we need to be conservative here.  That is the last thing we need to do.  We have just as much money, if not more than so many schools in the nation, so why hold back.  Everyone wants a legitimate coach.  He should be our number one target.  Please let me know the downfalls of this man...Does he have a single one.  B/C if you say he is a thug, that is exactly what our program is at the current moment.  I can't think of one reason why we should not hire him. 

Please post any disagreements HERE:

DeltaBoy

He sure was pumping up the job!  I surprised Rome let him get away with it!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.