Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Altman staying at Creighton?????

Started by IcedOutHog, April 03, 2007, 05:16:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Piggers

Dudley Dawson is on the way to BWA as of 10 minutes ago to find out more.. This was unfolding as i was driving listening to sports rap.
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Hogsmith

Man, JFB is going to be pissed!  Have to fly back from Augusta to look for another coach.  Note to Altman: Don't accept a job and hold a press conference if you aren't sure about the job.  Hope you like Creighton because no other college will touch you after this move.

HawgSolid

I thought so too.  He wouldn't Hog Call, or anything.  He even said, if my friends in nebraska knew I was doing this...

Snoop Hoggy Hog

Whats the link for sports rap or DTS?

The Hog

If this has any hint of being true:

1)  Frank goes now
2)  If Altaman is having second thoughts he just screwed the pooch at Arkansas.
Automatic RUN!

josh_sec33

I give up...I just...give up.

Why are we letting Frank still have his job? If this happens then it's OBVIOUS that a lame duck AD for 8 more months is a mess.

I'm so numb at this point...I don't care anymore.

and that's bad.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Hog Fan 51

OMG we can't even get a mediocre mid-major coach to come here. Whats next!!!!!!
I think we have hit rock bottom.
The over used wildcat will be rendered ineffective as it was after our 8-0 starting QB was benched!

Semper Hogelis

Hire Barry Gebheart. Hee Hee, Kerwin Dees maybe
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

Arkiebrian

Quote from: HarrisonHog on April 03, 2007, 05:45:05 pm
Quote from: fu-man-soo on April 03, 2007, 05:24:33 pm
he must have read all the fire him posts on here

If he or his wife did, it would be hard to blame them for changing their minds. 
There's no way he let negativity affect him.  He has to have more backbone than that...it must be something else.  Everything I've read about him says he's a really solid, low-key kind of guy who ignores the press...

JIMMY BOARFFETT

If this is not grounds for taking a look at employing a scorched earth approach to the circus on the hill I don't know what is.  This is a screw up of the first order on top of all the other screw ups.  If you're too busy keeping golfing dates to take care of business Frank, it's time for you to go along with your entire entourage of gypsies, tramps and thieves...now!
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Bigfoot

Quote from: uglyuncle on April 03, 2007, 05:20:07 pm
No way.  No please.  No....no...no.

This has to be a mistake.
im crying as we speak uglyuncle! what is this?

milehipig

This is it.... nothing can fix this now...

get a committee :   Eddie Sutton, Pat Foster, Sidney Moncrief, Darrell Walker, any any other guys that have integrity, the fans interest and the PRgram at heart. Not money, not boosters.  Pick a coach . This is sssssssssssooooooooo ridiculous .

texashog2002

We are the laughing stock of the nation right now.  We will be lucky to get a Jr high coach in here >:( >:(

justonefan

Everyone knows the pressure that comes with coaching.  You have to be ready to win the fans over.  There's more to this than meets the eye.

Neither school has officially confirmed this yet (according to KATV).  And Altman is reported to be in 'his' office at BWA with Chancelor White.  What's worse - that we lost him in less than 24 hours, or that he changes his mind again and stays?  That would really instill confidence.

REALTOR Hog

This is so dumb...... I have had it with this whole deal, Broyles just needs to leave right now screw the whole year.. Nutt needs to be gone, and we need to turn the prestige of the University of Arkansas around right now because we are going from a good athletic program to a joke.. So many lies, so many cover-ups, I want people up there that want to win and everyone knows that to win you have to have fan support and they are losing it right now.

I'M SICK OF IT!!!!
- GO HOGS -

texashog2002

Tulsa news reporting that the reason is said to be previously undisclosed issues about player eligibility. ???

Semper Hogelis

Hmm. I work at the U of A. About 10:00am we roll thru BWA parking lot to see if DA had gotten his new ride provided by Razorback Foundation/Ath. Dept.. Sure enough. I new Maroon Suburban was in the BB Head Coach spot. Stans was a Tahoe, HDN just gave up his Tahoe for a White Avalance. Of course this means nothing. But as we were rolling thru. John White comes out to his University car, and goes back in. He was there most of the day. Didn't think much of it then, but JW doesn't spend much time at BWA. Makes sense now. Franks out of town, and JW has been with DA all day today. No biggy.
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

Scots08

Still a chance for Self or BCG right? They havent said no yet right?

razorbrass

Basketball coaches are leavin' so fast it just messes you up!
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

Brand X Hog Fan

Too bad Mike banned the word that starts with the 6th letter of the alphabet today because I would be mixing a bunch of colorful metaphors and neologisms about now and a lot of them would begin with F. I am going to go hide under a rock now. I am seriously thinking of withdrawing my support of the Razorbacks both financial and emotional in all sports. I am so embarrassed. This is like being left at the altar. Geeeeeeeez!
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

MissinMattJones

I'm embarrassed.
I hope we find out what happened to make him change his mind.
MMJ: High reading comprehension.

uahogphan63

Yesterday, there was so much whining and complaining on this board, other theads and DTS about Altman and now you people are appalled that he might back out.  And on top of that you still want to bash Frank for this.  I suggest you go look in the mirror.  Why would a decent man want to bring his family into an enviornment like this where he was getting bashed at every turn when he's loved back where he came from?  The more we learned about DA, the better he looked.  I bet if we got Billy Donovan, half the posters on this board would whine about it.  I'm a 25 or more year contributor and season ticket holder in two sports and I'm ashamed of the kind of fans I've seen around here lately.

silvertip

Quote from: uahogphan63 on April 03, 2007, 07:18:53 pm
Yesterday, there was so much whining and complaining on this board, other theads and DTS about Altman and now you people are appalled that he might back out.  And on top of that you still want to bash Frank for this.  I suggest you go look in the mirror.  Why would a decent man want to bring his family into an enviornment like this where he was getting bashed at every turn when he's loved back where he came from?  The more we learned about DA, the better he looked.  I bet if we got Billy Donovan, half the posters on this board would whine about it.  I'm a 25 or more year contributor and season ticket holder in two sports and I'm ashamed of the kind of fans I've seen around here lately.

Oh, grow up. These message boards are notorious gathering places for malcontents. No coach is gonna make career decisions based on what a bunch of ignorant morons post here.

Bulldogs@ the ville

crud we lost Altman. also coach broyles is already in Augusta for the masters. It will take a while before they find another coach. Life is exciting up at the university all the time it seems like.

JimBoT

It is obvious that many responding to the coach changing his mind do not work at a job where YOU have to make a decision. I do and sometimes you make it in good faith only to realize that it is not best for you and your family. This is not Broyles fault. It really is not Altman's fault. It is a case of getting away and thiking it over and deciding that this was not meant to be. Everyone needs to realize this is a sport. It is not life or death. It is not the end of the world. Life will go on. I salute Coach Dana Altman and hope he continues to do great at his college. I bet you that the sun rises tomorrow even if this has happened to the beloved Hogs.

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

jchill

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on April 03, 2007, 05:38:18 pm
Quote from: jchill on April 03, 2007, 05:33:56 pm
I think this is a wake up call for not only the Razorback Administration, but also the fans and the media. If he is leaving, I do not blame him, no one wants to be insulted.

Get real.  This has nothing to do with the fans. 

The guy has just poured his heart and soul into a community and school for 13 years, it would make it hard on anyone to leave. 

I am real, I think it is totally unacceptable that someone wanted to start a firedana.com website before he was even hired.

Wash Hogwallop

I reserve the right to point fingers as to whose faultit is until I hear the exact and total reasons for this debacle.

Was there undisclosed problems in the immediate future of the program as has been alleged?  Was there personality clashing?  Was there a sincere regret of leaving the "perfect job?"

I DON'T KNOW and neither does anyone not in the immediate loop of the decision.

It is a horrible way to do the players, the program, and the fans . . . what is the real reason though?

Scrubtime

Altman changes his mind so fast it just messes you up!

RagginHOG

I agree with uahogfan63, kudos to you. I think the fans around here stink. Why would anyone come into this situation. hatred is a killer!!!

Blue35

Altman must have been introduced to the Nutt's.  They would scare anybody off.

1hawgfan

As you can see I'm a first time poster...I live in Shawnee, Kansas just a suburb out of KC and hear nothing but Jayhawks..........now after being a coach search  mockery I just heard on KSHB 610 AM that our coach is going back to Creighton....Tell me this isn't true....Frank is panicking and getting his decrib ass back from the Masters....Too Late...we are already a media circus college.  No, I'm a 94 grad and avid HOG fan till now.. just can't take it any more.  So all you posters who talk smack I guess my wife is right.....you're college is run by a old senile fool..

BUPop

This is sad, but as I have tried to teach my kids, You reap what you sow.

NumbNutts

Copied from the Creighton BB

It all started with doing that pig call.

Not once. Not twice. BUT THREE times.

I think there is a provision in the Geneva Convention against that type of torture. In fact, I may have to hire Doc. Shugrue or Darth Volkmer to vindicate my international law rights there. Nolan sued U of A; why not me? See Richardson v. Broyles, 111 F.3d 666 (8th Cir. 2006).

The next thing was I had a meeting with some Athletic Department people first thing Tues morning. They flat out said, "Forget about graduation rates. The basketball players are here for one reason and one reason only: to play basketball, win and entertain the citizens of the Natural State."

That concerned me. Greatly.

So after they left, I got on the NCAA website and also Googled the Razorback graduation rates. Nolan had a zero graduation rate. That's right: zero.

For all student-athletes the percentage was 64% and for basketball it was worse: 54% for whites and 34% for blacks.

I was stunned.

Then I recalled something Fr. Schlegel and I had talked about. Father had said that we - together - were in the education business, but more specifically the Jesuit education business. Big difference he said. One of the key Ignatian precepts is "concern for the individual." He went on to say that I always had a job at Creighton as long as we had players that graduated; from those that go on to scale the academic heights (like AT or Matt West) to those that work it hard and graduate (like a Chuckie Johnson).

Then I got a call on my cell phone from Eddie Sutton. "Dana, you should have talked to me first. I was in the SEC for years. The cheating is massive and expected. It nearly ruined my health and my career. They do things differently in the SEC."

Holy cow! What had I gotten myself into?

The final nail in the coffin was a call from Reva right after I talked to Coach Sutton. She was in uncontrolled tears. After she got coherent she said former President Clinton had called her. Bubba said she was a good-looking woman and that if she ever wanted a "private" tour of the Clinton Propaganda Center she should ring him up and he's send the Secret Service with a car to pick her up.

That was it.

I was gone.

I can get to the Final Four from Creighton. Al McGuire did it at Marquette. Same deal.

1hawgfan

As you can see....second time poster but 2 year reader......KC 610 Am sports  radio although drools over KU just announced again about Dana Altmann and said they're (our Patrick Beverly) is going back to Chicago and his mother is contacting AD authorities at Illinois in order to avoid any further detriment to her son and his future.....great.  I'm in Kansas City for crap sake.   I can't take it any more.  PLEASE STOP THE BLEEDING DOWN SOUTH OR I CAN'T HOLD THE YANKS' OFF ANY LONGER........

qakhed

Is it to late to get Stan back? I don't know whether to laugh or cry
"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf

tshook13

Who's next?  If there was ever a time 2 break the bank then now is it.

sylvia

"The final nail in the coffin was a call from Reva right after I talked to Coach Sutton. She was in uncontrolled tears. After she got coherent she said former President Clinton had called her. Bubba said she was a good-looking woman and that if she ever wanted a "private" tour of the Clinton Propaganda Center she should ring him up and he's send the Secret Service with a car to pick her up."

Now, that was funny.....

spdhog

This is another embarassing moment for Arkansas Athletics (more like another black eye)...Looks like our best shot now is the VCU coach...Grant...I firmly believe that this guy is destined to be a superstar coach at a major college someday, but will we have the guts to give him a chance?

spdhog

VCU's Grant should get a serious look...there's no one else now!

elkhog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on April 03, 2007, 05:36:27 pm
dumbest decision he'll ever make in the business world if true!

Nobody will hire his ass now.

He doesn't want his ass hired.  He obviously wanted somewhere to go where expectations were not terrilbly high and he could "retire" there.   
GO HOGS!!!

elkhog

Quote from: HawgSolid on April 03, 2007, 05:55:53 pm
I thought so too.  He wouldn't Hog Call, or anything.  He even said, if my friends in nebraska knew I was doing this...

Well that pretty much explains it to me.  He thinks we are silly with our hog calls and all.  I'm glad he changed his mind.
GO HOGS!!!

Scott E.

I grew up in Arkansas.
I enrolled at UA and cheered the Hogs!
I graduated and cheered with pride.
I became an alumni member, Foundation contributor, and season ticket holder for bball and football.
I put my alumni sticker on my car like a badge of honor.

Now I'd like my name removed from the sidewalk in front of Old Main.

This is the most embarrassing cluster of dipshiittedness I've ever seen. 

Thanks Frank and Hooten.  You two have killed any loyalty I had for my alma mater.

:puke:

usnavyhogfan

wwwwwwwhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaattt in the sam hell is going on? geez i cant go a night without logging on to hogville and this happens!!!! un [CENSORED] believable!!!! my god how can you announce to everyone your the coach, do a hog call, and ask permission to finish out your career here, then leave???? WOW. maybe we will get the big name coach we want now. how embarrasing!
The dream is free, the journey is not.

USCoastGuard

"I was flipping through the channels, just to see what was on," Townes said. "I thought it was a joke."

Come back over Gus!

joeyself

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on April 03, 2007, 08:30:23 pm
TP must have sent him an e-mail.

Funniest note tonight.  The soul of wit.

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

bsmith0042

JW should tell Frank to just stay in Augusta.  Will someone stand up to this old F?

And congrats Ceighton, I know your not in a real conference, but how often will Dana's recruits get to hear about his 24 hr HC job in Ark.  I guess Dana just wanted to put Major Conference HC on his resume.

Scott E.

The rhetorical question of the year...

To all media folks who have a Hogville account... you deal with these folks on a daily basis.  With that in mind, if you had a top D1 prospect son, would you believe anything JFB/HDN told you or your son?

I'm an Arkansas fan, and Arkansas alum, and an Arkansas booster.  That being said, if my boy were a D1 stud, I'd tell him to go to a better program.  Just being honest.

DEVICEHIGH

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American