Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stan Heath has a new job.

Started by Anthony McReynolds, March 30, 2007, 06:32:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony McReynolds

South florida is the place that heath will be at congrats stan and good luck.

hoginsanfran

Smithian

J.A.Y.

There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

Rooka

The real Hogules

Yes, it's semi-official so congrats and best of luck to Stan and Ramona Heath and family!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

RGP

Boardon Hamsay

Congrats Stan!  We wish you the very best!!!!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

TRUHOG718

http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

Phaedrus

Now it is my understanding that if he takes another job we don't have to pay the buyout is this correct.

hawgslop74

Congratulations to Stan and his family.
Congratulations also to USF.

Razorhog2006q

Patrick Beverley announcement coming up soon?

HoginIllinois

Good job Stan. I wish you the best.

hawgslop74

Phaedrus

Congrats to Stan. He has been nothing but first class throughout th entire ordeal.

Razorhog2006q

Quote from: donewithdale on March 30, 2007, 06:47:47 pm
Quote from: Razorhog2006q on March 30, 2007, 06:44:52 pm

Not according to what he said on the news tonight.

I must have missed it. What did he say? I hope he doesn't leave.

grizzlyhawg

Good luck to Stan.  Hopefully his stay won't be too long and he finds himself in a top position again. 

I wonder if we will have as many South Florida "fans" as we do Tulsa "fans".

Hmmm....

HarrisonHog

Quote from: Phaedrus on March 30, 2007, 06:43:26 pm
Now it is my understanding that if he takes another job we don't have to pay the buyout is this correct.

If he makes more than 300,000 a year we do not.  If he makes 200,000, we have to pay 100,000.  At least thats the way I understood it.

hawgslop74

I am at work what did he say?

RBLtoHOG

I wish Stan the best... he represented the University with class...
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

Ouachihog

Quote from: HarrisonHog on March 30, 2007, 06:50:13 pm

If he makes more than 300,000 a year we do not.  If he makes 200,000, we have to pay 100,000.  At least thats the way I understood it.

correct
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

dmac_iz_kin

I just wonder how its going to work down tehre for him b/c most of his recruiting connections is up North Central America. Good luck Stanton your a swell guy
"it was a called play, and I called it. I called alot of good plays today didn't I chuck?!"

hawgslop74

March 30, 2007, 07:00:04 pm #22 Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 07:02:04 pm by hawgslop74

He hasn't set a time as to when he is making a decision.  Sounded as if he is waiting on the coaching decision.  Not trying to be mean but he is hard to follow and understand in an interview.  It looked like he was trapped by reporters while he was watching football practice.
[/quote]

He is hard to understand sometimes.LOL.
But at least we know he is using his head and not just bolting on us.
Thanks for the info.

hogwildinhouston

March 30, 2007, 07:01:41 pm #23 Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 07:04:57 pm by hogwildinhouston
Arkansas.

Now, we have $300K more a year to put toward our coach.

Plus, Nolan gets his last $500K this year.

Given we were going to pay $1.5 on top of those outlays, we now have some serious coin we can pony up.  No more prospect of paying 3 coaches.

dmac_iz_kin

Quote from: Ouachihog on March 30, 2007, 06:57:00 pm

correct

You have to admire SH for that reason too. he could take that money and live pretty comfortably for 3 years, even make some investments, get into realestate or something but he wants to be a coach and work for a living
"it was a called play, and I called it. I called alot of good plays today didn't I chuck?!"

HawgG

Good Luck to Coach Heath and may your future be bright.

You are in a better place now where class, intelligence, 20 plus wins, and NCAAT berths will mean something to your new fans.

Just make sure you sign a couple of true PGs and I fully expect that you will have USF in contention for a Big East title within 4 years.

That job much like the Depaul and Xavier jobs are full of potential and are just waiting to explode onto the national scene.

Coach Heath you have a beautiful surrounding area and it is very attractive to young men.The state of Florida is full of great players and UF can't get then all.

All it will take is a few Blue Chippers and Heath will be back as a major player on the national scene.

Maybe you will bring tour new team back to Bud Walton and play the Hogs in a few years.Of course with the way we are headed our Tam might have to come to your new arena and play.

In 3 years we might not be able to get home games with D-1 teams.

Who would have thunk it, the Arkansas Razorbacks might become a Paid-to-Play Team.

Dugann

gratz stan i think he'll do very well there.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

ilovepinebluff

Anyone have a link to a USF board?

Ouachihog

Quote from: dmac_iz_kin on March 30, 2007, 07:02:38 pm

correct

You have to admire SH for that reason too. he could take that money and live pretty comfortably for 3 years, even make some investments, get into realestate or something but he wants to be a coach and work for a living

Exactly, more than we can say for our previous coach (Nolan).  I'm convinced Nolan would've turned down a million a year just b/c he wants to take the UofA's money. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Kodiak

That is how it has been explained to me!
Due to the lack of interest, the remainder of this day has been cancelled.
K.I.S.S.  Keep It Simple Stupid!

razorhead69

Hope he does well.
And I bet there are a lot of babes in S. Fla.

Hogtropolis™

Congrats to Stan Heath.  I wish him well.

CDOGHOG

Good Luck Coach Heath!  Keep your head up!

Rooka

Quote from: hawgslop74 on March 30, 2007, 06:50:59 pm

I am at work what did he say?
He said that right now that grades are his main focus and when asked if he would stay a razorback he said he is going to wait to see who the next coach is and talk to him and see what kind of game he plans to use at arkansas.

KinkosHog

good luck to stan.

i would like to think that Frank gave him a good recommendation.

Hawgrox

Stan is the only University Of Arkansas Coach to ever answer one of my e-mails. That gained my respect. I have always liked him....I just don't think the UA was ever a good fit for him. Good luck Stan...may the force be with you.

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: grizzlyhawg on March 30, 2007, 06:50:10 pm
Good luck to Stan.  Hopefully his stay won't be too long and he finds himself in a top position again. 

I wonder if we will have as many South Florida "fans" as we do Tulsa "fans".

Hmmm....

I will be a South Florida fan as well as a Tulsa fan.  The only time I wasn't an Eddie Sutton fan was when he was at Kentucky.....and I am a Mike Anderson fan.....

Just not a Nutt fan. 

vol_in_ar

Good Luck, does he speak Spanish?

HoopS

jmark

correct

I thought it was $900,000 for 3 years.  I thought that was his buyout.   ?
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

moses_007

I would imagine there is a clause that gets us off the hook if his salary is 300K or more. :razorback:

hogwildinhouston

Quote from: moses_007 on March 30, 2007, 09:09:22 pm
I would imagine there is a clause that gets us off the hook if his salary is 300K or more. :razorback:

They are in the Big East.  I can't imagine he won't at least make 300K.

Razorbackssports

Channel 7 reported tonight that Stan Heath and South Florida have reached a deal. There was a video showing him accepting the job so its indeed a done deal now.

Hogtropolis™

Good luck to Stan.  Looks like he might be our best option now.

Marshfieldhog

Stan Heath for coach..what are we waiting for? He may be our best bet.

Rooka

Wash Hogwallop

Good luck to Coach Heath.  I hope his program thrives.

slopinhogs

win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

PigTimePlayer

Glad to hear he didn't have to wait long for his next gig.  Wish him the best.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

TorsinAHog

Now that he is at another school maybe Frank can offer him the job at the final four.  He is an up and comer.
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg