Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McKinney

Started by Mike Irwin, March 08, 2018, 02:56:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

Van Horn said before today's practice that Keaton appears to have "some type of floater" in his elbow. Van Horn said he told Keaton to go head and have it removed and come back for a 6th season next year but McKinney's personal doctor thinks that surgery may not be necessary. So they are going to rest him for a couple of weeks and then see if he can throw without any issues. If he's okay he plays this season. If not it's the sixth season plan.

razorbackfan86

Man, tough break. I feel for this kid. Thanks for the update Mike.

PigWig

Poor kid.  He has had some of the worst luck with his health.  If he can pitch without pain and be effective, I hope to see him back this season.  If not, both Keaton and the team might benefit from him redshirting again this year.  I know that might be a tough pill to swallow, but if the difference is him getting some limited innings in relief this year of baing a Friday or Saturday starter for us next year, both parties would benefit more from the latter. 

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 08, 2018, 02:56:06 pm
Van Horn said before today's practice that Keaton appears to have "some type of floater" in his elbow. Van Horn said he told Keaton to go head and have it removed and come back for a 6th season next year but McKinney's personal doctor thinks that surgery may not be necessary. So they are going to rest him for a couple of weeks and then see if he can throw without any issues. If he's okay he plays this season. If not it's the sixth season plan.

So the floater in the joint is just supposed to disappear with rest?  I think Van Horn is right on this one but 2 weeks is no big deal I guess.

Dr. Starcs

SPAL

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on March 08, 2018, 05:16:57 pm

So the floater in the joint is just supposed to disappear with rest?  I think Van Horn is right on this one but 2 weeks is no big deal I guess.
Its not uncommon depending on size. 

Amityvillehogger

Man this kid deserves to catch a break
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

southarkhog06

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on March 08, 2018, 05:16:57 pm

Depending on size your body can dissolve it.

EDIT: SPAL beat me too it.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: southarkhog06 on March 09, 2018, 01:06:52 am
Depending on size your body can dissolve it.

EDIT: SPAL beat me too it.
That's kind of weird. Hoping for the best for McKinney...whatever that may be.

DeltaHog66

Quote from: Tony Perkis on March 09, 2018, 08:09:24 am
That's kind of weird. Hoping for the best for McKinney...whatever that may be.

SPAL

It doesn't ever just disappear. Think if it like gravel in your transmission.....it's all fine till it gets in the teeth.

Same thing with floaters. They are there and can pose a problem. It'll require surgery to remove it. Question is, is there any point in it?

Pudgepork

Wishing good luck to Keaton and hoping the situation corrects without another surgery

PintailKiller

My question is why they didn't remove it when they did the TJ.  I am speaking from experience here - I had 2 TJs.  The floater is not a big deal to remove at the time.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

hog.goblin

Quote from: PintailKiller on March 10, 2018, 06:41:23 pm
My question is why they didn't remove it when they did the TJ.  I am speaking from experience here - I had 2 TJs.  The floater is not a big deal to remove at the time.

Guessing it wasn't there at the time

SPAL

Quote from: PintailKiller on March 10, 2018, 06:41:23 pm

This is probably a result of the surgery. It likely wasn't there when they opened him up