Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

But the real question is::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;

Started by 12247, December 28, 2017, 06:13:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

How is Saban sizing this new staff up here at Arkansas.  The Guy has his hands full with all the sizing up in the SEC he has to do.  He has been his own worst enemy by kicking the darn out of nearly every team and now they done and gone trying to get better and it all starts again.

What you think, will he do the buddying it up with Chad like he did Bret.  Try to find something they have in common and get Chad to run his mouth about it, looking ignorant all the way.  I doubt he will.  I think he will introduce Chad to the SEC with one of the worst ass kickings we've seen from BAMA in years.  He knows the small IQ fans over here in Arkansas will swear Chad was the wrong hire when he puts 60 plus on us next year.  He laid off Bret feeling sorry for him.  Didn't see Bret as a threat.  I think he sees Chad and time as a threat.  He wants Chad to understand that only grown men coach over here and he either gets ready or suffers greatly.

davril98

woodrow hog call

The real question is::::;does your mother know you're on the computer acting a fool, again?
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Al Boarland

Woodrow, you shouldn't talk to your elders like that.  I believe every team that BAMA plays is always on Saban's radar.  I bet he is judging the competition daily, even in the heatr of a big upcoming game.

I see Saban giving notice before just leaving unless he has an assistant he feels about like Stoops felt about Riley at OK.  I believe Saban appreciates the platform BAMA gave him to produce as much as BAMA appreciates the production he has given them.

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

phadedhawg

Quote from: davril98 on December 28, 2017, 06:17:46 pm
I think if they win it all this year he packs it in.

Seriously doubt Alabama is going to win the playoffs using Hurts as a QB.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: 12247 on December 28, 2017, 06:13:19 pm
How is Saban sizing this new staff up here at Arkansas.  The Guy has his hands full with all the sizing up in the SEC he has to do.  He has been his own worst enemy by kicking the darn out of nearly every team and now they done and gone trying to get better and it all starts again.

What you think, will he do the buddying it up with Chad like he did Bret.  Try to find something they have in common and get Chad to run his mouth about it, looking ignorant all the way.  I doubt he will.  I think he will introduce Chad to the SEC with one of the worst ass kickings we've seen from BAMA in years.  He knows the small IQ fans over here in Arkansas will swear Chad was the wrong hire when he puts 60 plus on us next year.  He laid off Bret feeling sorry for him.  Didn't see Bret as a threat.  I think he sees Chad and time as a threat.  He wants Chad to understand that only grown men coach over here and he either gets ready or suffers greatly.

It's quite possible that you are overthinking this. Saban will approach every game and every opponent the same way that he does every other game and every other opponent. Scout your weaknesses and then try to scheme to beat you. He may even like Morris as a person and as a professional, but that doesn't mean that he feels he needs to play mind games with anyone. I think he truly liked Bielema as a person, probably still does and may even feel bad for him that he was fired. Coaching may be competitive and every coach wants to beat the other, but it is still a close-knit fraternity of human beings as well.

Though Saban might like Morris as a person and respect him as a coach, it doesn't mean that he won't do everything in his power to beat him. But head games? Probably no need for that.
Go Hogs Go!

Leadbelly

It took you more time to post this than Saban has spent thinking about Arkansas for 3 years combined! Lol, don't you know Saban just llies awake at night wondering what he can do next to those darned Arkansas coaches!!!!!
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

HoggyCat

Saban has two things on his mind after this season.....

Sand and cocktails.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

DoctorSusscrofa

This is definitely the thread every football fan needs to read and then re-read over and over. Nothing else could ever be more important.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

livevanguy

My money is on him seeking to surpass Bear Bryant's record. A win this year ties them up. One more in the next 1-3 years seems like something he would do before cashing it all in. But who knows. He may be saving up for a new boat and once the money is in the bank he'll bow out...no pun intended.
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

Simple Swineman

Quote from: livevanguy on December 30, 2017, 10:22:30 pm
My money is on him seeking to surpass Bear Bryant's record. A win this year ties them up. One more in the next 1-3 years seems like something he would do before cashing it all in. But who knows. He may be saving up for a new boat and once the money is in the bank he'll bow out...no pun intended.

That's a stern prediction

Hogsfan1981

He thinks about teams like us on the toilet.

All joking aside it is game to game with him just like any coach. He doesn't have time to size anyone up.

In fact with the talent he gets...I imagine it buys him more wiggle room. At least more than other coaches who have to do more with less.

Flrazrback

Saban actually thinks alot about any team he faces. The game you discount and don't take seriously is the one you loose. A coach doesn't become as successful as Nick Saban without being meticulous about game planning and knowing his opponent..

livevanguy

Exit Pursued by a Boar

I don't think Saban gives a damn. He'll prepare for each team the way he always prepares. When he loses assistants, and he will, he'll know enough to know who's done well on other staffs and try to get as good an assistant as he can.

EFBAB

Hoggish1

Quote from: woodrow hog call on December 28, 2017, 06:21:38 pm
The real question is::::;does your mother know you're on the computer acting a fool, again?

Yes, I think she does and has thrown a few key-strokes if her own to show she's got his back...

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: livevanguy on December 30, 2017, 10:22:30 pm

I'm with you on this ... Maybe he enjoys his job, maybe it's the money - Saban never operates without a long term goal - I can't imagine what unrealized achievement is keeping him there other than surpassing Bear Bryant.

snoblind

GoHogs1091

Saban's team will have to play a lot better in the Playoff than it did at the end of the regular season.

The other 3 teams in the Playoff are not Mississippi State and Auburn level teams.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on December 31, 2017, 06:26:16 pm
Saban's team will have to play a lot better in the Playoff than it did at the end of the regular season.

The other 3 teams in the Playoff are not Mississippi State and Auburn level teams.

I haven't kept up with Bama, but didn't I read where they had some key injuries by the end of the year?  Could be wrong.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 31, 2017, 06:38:26 pm
I haven't kept up with Bama, but didn't I read where they had some key injuries by the end of the year?  Could be wrong.

They had some players get injured earlier in the season.

Their overall schedule was weak.  They only played 3 decent teams this season (LSU, Mississippi State, and Auburn).

rlamb

You make a joke about Bama's best opponents, but who in the Hell double bad has the weak defensive
Muskogee's have played? What great league has Georgia played in and how many top 25 teams did Clemson beat?

HogBreath

Quote from: Flrazrback on December 31, 2017, 12:10:20 am
The game you discount and don't take seriously is the one you loose.

You mean like a goose on the loose or like Lou's Italian diner?
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

HogBreath

Why is freakin Alabubba even in the playoffs?  They couldn't even win their division, let alone their conference championship, but here the gumps are, one of only four teams with a chance to win it all.

It's already been determined on the field, Bama was not the best in the SEC.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Kneph13

I hope someone finally lights that nasty looking torch sticking out the back of Hurts' helmet.
There is no Political Correctness in war

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: rlamb on January 01, 2018, 04:25:54 am
You make a joke about Bama's best opponents, but who in the Hell double bad has the weak defensive
Muskogee's have played? What great league has Georgia played in and how many top 25 teams did Clemson beat?

I suspect that the Alabama-Clemson game is going to be close. Two good teams, well coached, that mirror each other in a lot of ways.

The Georgia-Oklahoma game will be interesting. Oklahoma relies on big plays in excess of 10 yards (almost 56% of all of their plays). Georgia on the other hand has allowed just over 22% of their defensive plays to go over 10 yards. On offense Georgia will be more of a grind it out team as just over 60% of their offensive plays all season have been for under 10 yards p/play. How Oklahoma's defense plays today is probably going to be a huge factor. 296 of their total of 884 defensive plays have gone for more than 10 yards p/play (33.5% of all plays).

If Oklahoma's defense can't stop Georgia and Georgia is able to grind it out, control the ball and the clock, this could be a lower scoring game and perhaps way under Oklahoma's average of 45 ppg. This may very well be the best defense that Oklahoma has faced this season and you can bet that Georgia has been watching game film of OU vs. Baylor, Iowa State, Texas and K-State. On the other hand, there isn't any doubt that this will be the best offense that the Georgia defense has faced all year as well. Should be a very entertaining game with some interesting story lines leading up to game time.
Go Hogs Go!

fieldturf

He not going worry about it until football season 2018, right he's trying to get to next Monday night which I think he will and win it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: HogBreath on January 01, 2018, 04:52:07 am
Why is freakin Alabubba even in the playoffs?  They couldn't even win their division, let alone their conference championship, but here the gumps are, one of only four teams with a chance to win it all.

It's already been determined on the field, Bama was not the best in the SEC.

Yeah, but their being in kept tosu out and had to really chap the barners.

robs4516

First of all, I didn't start it...
Second of all, they were all still alive when I walked out

Cinco de Hogo

Nah he just hired three more analyst to research every play CCM has ever called, shouldn't take them but oh about nine months to get it figured out and have the report on Satan's desk.

HogBreath

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 01, 2018, 09:03:27 am
Yeah, but their being in kept tosu out and had to really chap the barners.
Oh yeah, I'm sure the awbarn faithful have to hate it, they were clearly better than the gumps.

Smalltownhog95

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on December 30, 2017, 10:51:08 pm
He thinks about teams like us on the toilet.

All joking aside it is game to game with him just like any coach. He doesn't have time to size anyone up.

In fact with the talent he gets...I imagine it buys him more wiggle room. At least more than other coaches who have to do more with less.
In todays world where you're constantly going, some toliet time definitely gives you time to slow down and think of the possibility of the hogs sneaking up on the tide. Now he'll adjust and take that possibility away. So close...
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

livevanguy

robs4516

First of all, I didn't start it...
Second of all, they were all still alive when I walked out