Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UA under Title 9 investagation updated

Started by DeltaBoy, May 04, 2016, 08:28:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SemperHawg

Ok I'll try it this way for you ALLVOL.

There are now documented time lines of phone calls that have been FOI'ed linking not only calls from the police to Butch, but calls from Butch to one of the players being investigated.  The time line of the calls bear out that the police called Butch who immediately called one of the players a full 8 hours before anyone was approached by by the police.  Furthermore the police officer who was originally in question about calling Butch and letting him know the allegations has admitted to making the calls and confirmed that timeline was correct.

So ALLVOL, do you think it is morally and or procedurally right for the police in this case to make this phone call a full 8 hours before ever approaching the suspects in an official manner?  I am looking simply for a yes or no answer here.  This timeline of phone calls has already been confirmed by everyone involved so "everyone's doing it" or "you don't know the difference between accused and guilt"  are not what I am looking for here yes you think that was ok, or no you do not think that was ok.

Next question... Since we know that the cops called Butch, and the FOI'ed phone records indicate that Butch called at least one of the players in question within twenty minutes of receiving the phone call from the police.  Still a full seven and a half hours before any suspect is approached in an official capacity by the police.  All of this factually backed up in phone call time lines and the actual reporting done by the police.  How do you feel about that girls chances of getting a fair outcome to here allegations.  I am looking for a good or not good answer to this one.

Easy straightforward questions here based in the facts as they have been presented thus far and denied by no one, not Butch, not the police.

ALLVOL

Quote from: SemperHawg on May 05, 2016, 03:06:08 pm
Look at that, you got me again...Nothing to see here folks. Just a bunch of women lying about being raped by Tennessee football players, at a much higher rate than any other program in the country by the way.  As far as your accused, charged, and convicted thing you keep going back to. One would think it is quite difficult to levy charges, much less a conviction when the local PD is calling the coach in advance giving them a heads up so they are able to get their stories in order destroy evidence ect.  Then the same local PD is the one investigating the matter after giving the AD and coach the head start on the investigation. No conflict of interest there!  Next thing you are going to tell me is its not these poor football players fault that the police are committing major violations in daily protocol that their own states attorney general said are not extended to the everyday Joe.  Its everyone but Butch and the football team's fault.  The lying women, the Police that can't do their job right, and me and all the haters that are just out to get them.
Bait and switch anyone LOL. Semper "page right out of FSU" hmmmmmmmmmm how many games did Winston miss? Your hatred is sad.

SemperHawg

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 05, 2016, 03:54:01 pm
Bait and switch anyone LOL. Semper "page right out of FSU" hmmmmmmmmmm how many games did Winston miss? Your hatred is sad.
I didn't think you would answer the question.

ALLVOL

Quote from: SemperHawg on May 05, 2016, 03:38:53 pm
Ok I'll try it this way for you ALLVOL.

There are now documented time lines of phone calls that have been FOI'ed linking not only calls from the police to Butch, but calls from Butch to one of the players being investigated.  The time line of the calls bear out that the police called Butch who immediately called one of the players a full 8 hours before anyone was approached by by the police.  Furthermore the police officer who was originally in question about calling Butch and letting him know the allegations has admitted to making the calls and confirmed that timeline was correct.

So ALLVOL, do you think it is morally and or procedurally right for the police in this case to make this phone call a full 8 hours before ever approaching the suspects in an official manner?  I am looking simply for a yes or no answer here.  This timeline of phone calls has already been confirmed by everyone involved so "everyone's doing it" or "you don't know the difference between accused and guilt"  are not what I am looking for here yes you think that was ok, or no you do not think that was ok.

Next question... Since we know that the cops called Butch, and the FOI'ed phone records indicate that Butch called at least one of the players in question within twenty minutes of receiving the phone call from the police.  Still a full seven and a half hours before any suspect is approached in an official capacity by the police.  All of this factually backed up in phone call time lines and the actual reporting done by the police.  How do you feel about that girls chances of getting a fair outcome to here allegations.  I am looking for a good or not good answer to this one.

Easy straightforward questions here based in the facts as they have been presented thus far and denied by no one, not Butch, not the police.
So you're assuming the players didn't know? If in fact they HAD raped anyone do you think they needed a call to let them know what they did?
Police call coaches across the nation and no it isn't proper. But what was said between the coaches and players? Here's a hint: you're off the team until told otherwise. 
And accusations are made against people all the time that arte wrong.
Rape is a terrible thing and if the guys are gulty they should pay. But if you really think Jones or UT create an atmosphere that encourages rape you're crazy. And Jones has booted a LOT of players on character issues. You don't have to like it. But it's true.

southarkhog06

homerland must be a great place to live.

ALLVOL

Quote from: southarkhog06 on May 05, 2016, 04:03:32 pm
homerland must be a great place to live.
Don't know about that. But reality isn't bad. I recommend it. 

southarkhog06

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 05, 2016, 04:10:08 pm
Don't know about that. But reality isn't bad. I recommend it.
brah, you are nowhere close to reality in this thread.

SemperHawg

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 05, 2016, 03:59:49 pm
So you're assuming the players didn't know? If in fact they HAD raped anyone do you think they needed a call to let them know what they did?
Police call coaches across the nation and no it isn't proper. But what was said between the coaches and players? Here's a hint: you're off the team until told otherwise. 
Rape is a terrible thing and if the guys are gulty they should pay. But if you really think Jones or UT create an atmosphere that encourages rape you're crazy. And Jones has booted a LOT of players on character issues. You don't have to like it. But it's true.
Like I said, I didn't think you would answer it.

SemperHawg

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 05, 2016, 03:59:49 pm
Well lets see, so you are saying that they didn't need Butch to call them and tell them the Cops were coming as they most likely would have known they were coming.  That logic only works if they were guilty.  So yeah, I"ll go with you there, they probably didn't need to know why Butch was kicking them off of the team since they were aware of what they did. 

Also "not proper" is the closest you can come to actually admitting that there may have been something shady take place here. AAAAAAANNNNNNNDDDD you are still hiding behind the everyone else does it theme!

Thirdly, the number of players Butch has kicked off of the team for not allegedly raping women has zero bearing on this conversation. 

Thanks for skating around actually answering the questions once again.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: SemperHawg on May 05, 2016, 04:25:17 pm
Well lets see, so you are saying that they didn't need Butch to call them and tell them the Cops were coming as they most likely would have known they were coming.  That logic only works if they were guilty.  So yeah, I"ll go with you there, they probably didn't need to know why Butch was kicking them off of the team since they were aware of what they did. 

Also "not proper" is the closest you can come to actually admitting that there may have been something shady take place here. AAAAAAANNNNNNNDDDD you are still hiding behind the everyone else does it theme!

Thirdly, the number of players Butch has kicked off of the team for not allegedly raping women has zero bearing on this conversation. 

If this was ALLVOLS daughter would he be as understanding about the coach's actions?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ALLVOL

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 05, 2016, 04:32:01 pm
If this was ALLVOLS daughter would he be as understanding about the coach's actions?
The coach has no legal authority. He can kick a player off the team immediately once the accusation has been made. That is EXACTLY what Jones did. Semper and others on here say He did what Fisher and FSU did with Winston and that's just wrong. Winston was not kicked off the team. Many schools don't kick players off until their officially charged by authorities. Jones rule is immediate dismissal. So yes, I think that's proper.

ALLVOL

May 05, 2016, 05:09:59 pm #61 Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 05:28:41 pm by ALLVOL
Quote from: SemperHawg on May 05, 2016, 04:25:17 pm

So a coach shouldn't call a player after the cops call him? He shouldn't tell him he's off the team? Or better yet he shouldn't ask what happened?
So if you're son played for the Hogs and was accused of a crime and CBB didn't even bother to call him you'd be ok?
The thing is you assume guilty until proven innocent. Ask the Duke la Cross team about that.

SemperHawg

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 05, 2016, 05:09:59 pm
So a coach shouldn't call a player after the cops call him? He shouldn't tell him he's off the team? Or better yet he shouldn't ask what happened?
So if you're son played for the Hogs and was accused of a crime and CBB didn't even bother to call him you'd be ok?
The thing is you assume guilty until proven innocent. Ask the Duke la Cross team about that.
Still not an answer.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 05, 2016, 05:07:34 pm
The coach has no legal authority. He can kick a player off the team immediately once the accusation has been made. That is EXACTLY what Jones did. Semper and others on here say He did what Fisher and FSU did with Winston and that's just wrong. Winston was not kicked off the team. Many schools don't kick players off until their officially charged by authorities. Jones rule is immediate dismissal. So yes, I think that's proper.

You are missing the bigger picture. If it were one player I would understand, but your team has numerous players. This is recruiting bad character issue which Butch has total authority over. Quit recruiting the bad character athletes simply because they can win games - and you will see the number of players accused of sexual abuse go down dramatically. And other illegal activities.

You recruit your problems. So my point was Butch brings these characters on campus. If that was your daughter would you be as understanding toward Butch as you are now? Would you still say he has no authority?

Let me try an example. Let's say a good friend of yours comes over with 3 or 4 guys you don't know. These guys get drunk and trash your home. Would you hold your friend accountable?

I feel I can safely say the fathers of these women do hold Butch accountable for bringing these bad eggs on campus.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

ALLVOL

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 05, 2016, 05:43:44 pm
You are missing the bigger picture. If it were one player I would understand, but your team has numerous players. This is recruiting bad character issue which Butch has total authority over. Quit recruiting the bad character athletes simply because they can win games - and you will see the number of players accused of sexual abuse go down dramatically. And other illegal activities.

You recruit your problems. So my point was Butch brings these characters on campus. If that was your daughter would you be as understanding toward Butch as you are now? Would you still say he has no authority?

Let me try an example. Let's say a good friend of yours comes over with 3 or 4 guys you don't know. These guys get drunk and trash your home. Would you hold your friend accountable?

I feel I can safely say the fathers of these women do hold Butch accountable for bringing these bad eggs on campus.
How many of those players were brought on by Jones?

And the crux of the law suit is that UT fosters an environment that ENCOURAGES sexual assault.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 05, 2016, 05:48:14 pm
How many of those players were brought on by Jones?

And the crux of the law suit is that UT fosters an environment that ENCOURAGES sexual assault.

Good point. How many?

SemperHawg

Since you can't seem to grasp this concept of how to directly answer a question I will lead by example here.

NO, I would not be upset at Coach B for choosing not to put himself in a compromising position on my son's behalf.   No one is responsible for my son's actions except for my son himself and me as his father.  In this case, if my son were accused of sexually assaulting a women I would not ask a police officer to jeopardize his job by breaking protocol nor would I ask his coach to jeopardize his job based on my son's poor decision or my failure in his upbringing. 

ALLVOL

Quote from: SemperHawg on May 05, 2016, 06:03:26 pm
Since you can't seem to grasp this concept of how to directly answer a question I will lead by example here.

NO, I would not be upset at Coach B for choosing not to put himself in a compromising position on my son's behalf.   No one is responsible for my son's actions except for my son himself and me as his father.  In this case, if my son were accused of sexually assaulting a women I would not ask a police officer to jeopardize his job by breaking protocol nor would I ask his coach to jeopardize his job based on my son's poor decision or my failure in his upbringing. 
I think it very proper that a coach who promises parents to look after their son to actually do so.

SemperHawg

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 05, 2016, 06:46:21 pm
I think it very proper that a coach who promises parents to look after their son to actually do so.
Hey guys if your son comes and plays for me and is ever implicated in a crime I will cut whatever ethical and procedural corners I can to keep him out of trouble so I can perpetuate a cycle of wrongdoing all the while making sure that he can continue to play for me because keeping my job and winning is priority one here.  Parents should be lining up for that kind of pitch.

You also still didn't answer my original question which tells me all I need to know.

ALLVOL

Quote from: SemperHawg on May 05, 2016, 07:16:42 pm
Hey guys if your son comes and plays for me and is ever implicated in a crime I will cut whatever ethical and procedural corners I can to keep him out of trouble so I can perpetuate a cycle of wrongdoing all the while making sure that he can continue to play for me because keeping my job and winning is priority one here.  Parents should be lining up for that kind of pitch.

You also still didn't answer my original question which tells me all I need to know.
So if an accusation is made then the person is guilty? Guilty until proven innocent. That's all I need to know about u.
And I've noticed that facts don't seem to matter to you. But again, no player accused was left on the team even a single day. But hey, I'm sure you think the Duke La Cross team got off easy too.

Hawgar The Horrible

The Lady Vol doth protest too much, me thinks.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on May 05, 2016, 07:37:14 pm
The Lady Vol doth protest too much, me thinks.

LOL nope. Just pointing out truth. Truth bug u much?

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson on May 04, 2016, 09:08:21 am
Wasn't there a story about the golf team and a video some time ago? Forget when, but maybe it's related to this?

I hope they don't get stiff shaft.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: GolfnHog on May 04, 2016, 03:09:04 pm
I've always referred to it as Inmate Orange.
Know why the EOE-K chose that color?
So they can go to the game on Saturday, deer hunting on Sunday, and picking up trash on Monday without changing clothes.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on May 05, 2016, 09:37:26 pm
Know why the EOE-K chose that color?
So they can go to the game on Saturday, deer hunting on Sunday, and picking up trash on Monday without changing clothes.
Boy oh boy that's a good one. Did you make that up?

kaki

wonder why allvol persists in defending his Vols in threads like this where there is no chance of how much spin he chooses to put on this, few if any here are buying it.  Guess if you repeat the same version of the incident long enough, it becomes the truth to the repetious person. 

Earlier I raised the question about the telephone calls to Butch, and he stated that it happens like this everywhere, but this seems an attempt to circumvent the fact that this is not the same as calling coach when a couple of his kids get into a drunken fight on the strip and bust up a bar or get busted for taking a drunken leak in a parking lot.  If the accused is entitled to some presumption of innocence until proven guilty, shouldn't the complainant be given the benefit of a professional investigation without the opportunity for the Head Coach to close ranks at the beginning of the investigation?

Hogsolo

All about money.   Get the Feds to assert charges and then you piggy back a lawsuit on top of it.   Easy six figure settlement. 

ALLVOL

Quote from: kaki on May 05, 2016, 10:29:34 pm
wonder why allvol persists in defending his Vols in threads like this where there is no chance of how much spin he chooses to put on this, few if any here are buying it.  Guess if you repeat the same version of the incident long enough, it becomes the truth to the repetious person. 

Earlier I raised the question about the telephone calls to Butch, and he stated that it happens like this everywhere, but this seems an attempt to circumvent the fact that this is not the same as calling coach when a couple of his kids get into a drunken fight on the strip and bust up a bar or get busted for taking a drunken leak in a parking lot.  If the accused is entitled to some presumption of innocence until proven guilty, shouldn't the complainant be given the benefit of a professional investigation without the opportunity for the Head Coach to close ranks at the beginning of the investigation?
Kicking the players accused off the team immediately is closing ranks?

ALLVOL

Quote from: IAMHogholio on May 05, 2016, 11:14:54 pm
All about money.   Get the Feds to assert charges and then you piggy back a lawsuit on top of it.   Easy six figure settlement. 
You're exactly right.

SemperHawg

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 05, 2016, 07:30:50 pm
So if an accusation is made then the person is guilty? Guilty until proven innocent. That's all I need to know about u.
And I've noticed that facts don't seem to matter to you. But again, no player accused was left on the team even a single day. But hey, I'm sure you think the Duke La Cross team got off easy too.
Still not an answer to my original question.  There is a reason you won't answer my question.

kaki

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 05, 2016, 11:22:57 pm
Kicking the players accused off the team immediately is closing ranks?
Another selective response to a much broader question.  The coaches get called for damage control, the fact that someone got kicked off, either immediately or after the fact, does not make the UT coaching staff/athletic department look any better.  I still submit, this type of courtesy call to the staff was wrong in this type of allegation.  The courts will determine innocence or guilt and regardless of outcome, there is still some very sketchy behavior from Jones and some very flawed processes involving law enforcement and UT Athletics

ALLVOL

Quote from: kaki on May 06, 2016, 08:50:43 am
Another selective response to a much broader question.  The coaches get called for damage control, the fact that someone got kicked off, either immediately or after the fact, does not make the UT coaching staff/athletic department look any better.  I still submit, this type of courtesy call to the staff was wrong in this type of allegation.  The courts will determine innocence or guilt and regardless of outcome, there is still some very sketchy behavior from Jones and some very flawed processes involving law enforcement and UT Athletics
LOL so Jones calls the players to find out what's going on. Then kicks them off the team and they have ZERO contact with the program and that's sketchy? And according to your brilliance, that's the "FSU Playbook". Sorry sir but the emperor has no clothes. 

ALLVOL

Quote from: SemperHawg on May 05, 2016, 11:58:46 pm
Still not an answer to my original question.  There is a reason you won't answer my question.
I've answered you. I just don't agree that UT or Jones is doing what you allege. And darned sure not doing what the law suit alleges. You're just wrong. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on May 05, 2016, 07:56:16 pm
I hope they don't get stiff shaft.

Maybe that's why there is an investigation..........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

kaki

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 06, 2016, 10:03:52 am
LOL so Jones calls the players to find out what's going on. Then kicks them off the team and they have ZERO contact with the program and that's sketchy? And according to your brilliance, that's the "FSU Playbook". Sorry sir but the emperor has no clothes.
Bringing up FSU and saying all police departments call the coaches, seem to me to be diversionary tactics rather than getting to the core of the problem.  Your response to me addresses the call from the coach to the player(s), when my real challenge was the police calling the coach in such a serious alleged event.  I would fully expect the coach to be in contact with players, and do not have concerns with asking for their version of the story.  It would be another thing if the process went further in trying to impede any investigation or in helping build an alibi.

Not saying what did or did not happen, but because it all appears innocent and forthright to you, it does not mean the rest of the world sees it that way.  And yes, I know that other SEC fans including Arkansas fans might not be the most objective in this matter, but some of us also see things through the eyes of a parent of daughters before we see things through the eyes of our Alma Mater. 

ALLVOL

Quote from: kaki on May 06, 2016, 01:06:59 pm
Bringing up FSU and saying all police departments call the coaches, seem to me to be diversionary tactics rather than getting to the core of the problem.  Your response to me addresses the call from the coach to the player(s), when my real challenge was the police calling the coach in such a serious alleged event.  I would fully expect the coach to be in contact with players, and do not have concerns with asking for their version of the story.  It would be another thing if the process went further in trying to impede any investigation or in helping build an alibi.

Not saying what did or did not happen, but because it all appears innocent and forthright to you, it does not mean the rest of the world sees it that way.  And yes, I know that other SEC fans including Arkansas fans might not be the most objective in this matter, but some of us also see things through the eyes of a parent of daughters before we see things through the eyes of our Alma Mater. 
I have 2 daughters. And bringing up FSU was not done by me. I brought it up in response.
Making crazy accusations that Jones is doing bad things by calling the players is just crazy. For a law suit saying UT and the AD promotes and atmosphere that encourages sexual assault is crazy.

kaki

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 06, 2016, 01:16:59 pm
I have 2 daughters. And bringing up FSU was not done by me. I brought it up in response.
Making crazy accusations that Jones is doing bad things by calling the players is just crazy. For a law suit saying UT and the AD promotes and atmosphere that encourages sexual assault is crazy.
your logic is interesting.  You say you did not bring up FSU, I linked your response where your post said I was utilizing the FSU playbook, you can surely see that is bringing up FSU.  You may not have introduced them to the thread, but you clearly made them a integral part of your post. I see why you feel you win all your debates!

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 05, 2016, 02:15:54 pm
I recommend you look up the definitions of accused, charged and convicted. And if you think Jones is the only coach who gets a phone call when a player gets into trouble, your fooling yourself.
And again, as soon as accusations were made players were removed from the team. There are 2 former players facing charges. And your assumptions are really sad. Also you mean Drea Bowles the guy whose changed his story multiple times?
Your hatred of UT is funny to me.

I don't really care about UT. They are not an SEC team I take the time to root against, like say for instance Ole Miss or Auburn, which is to say that the following is without any hateful bias against Tenn.

So, there is a big difference between a police officer calling a coach to say: "Coach we have Louie Lefttackle in custody right now and he is going to be charged with DUI (or: public intox, MIP, disorderly conduct, possession of a controlled substance/instrument of crime, driving on suspended, assault and battery, etc.,)."

And: "Hey coach, we have a girl here telling us that she is the victim of one of the most heinous crimes that a human can commit and she says that Louie Leftackle and Donny D'end are the guys who did it to her. We are only in the preliminary stages now, but they are going to be investigated for that aforementioned heinous crime. I thought I should let you know, because obviously you knowing about this ASAP is AT LEAST of equal importance as investigating this alleged crime, which I may have previously undersold by describing it MERELY as 'heinous.' Additionally, I know that sharing this information with you could never jeopardize that investigation due to you having absolutely no personal interest in these guys not being charged or convicted of something that could keep them off the field permanently despite the fact that you spent a lot of time/resources recruiting them and that thier on the field contributions might directly effect your chances of retaining the head coaching job here as well as the millions of dollars that go along with it. Additionally I am pretty sure that even if you did just happen to slip up and tell them that we are busy at work trying to get search warrants for their apartments, there is no way that any potential evidence could be destroyed even if two fine young men like Louie and Donny would want to; which we both know they wouldn't. Am I right or am I right? Kay thanx byyyyeeee."

Seriously do you think the authorities in Fayetteville called Mike Anderson as soon as our players passing counterfeit money became suspects? Do you think that they put Mike in a position where he had to either obstruct justice or quietly watch his players get themselves pinched for a serious crime? If you do I guess thanks for the high opinion of our head basketball coach's ethical integrity but I bet we both agree that he just did not get any such call.

When police are investigating major crimes they do not TYPICALLY make the people close to the suspects aware of the fact that those individuals are suspects until that knowledge has the least ability to hinder the investigation.

Stuff like what happend in this UT situation does go on, (ahem) OBVIOUSLY, but acting like it is even close to business as usual all over the country is either the result of you being extremely jaded or just willfully obtuse.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

ALLVOL

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on May 10, 2016, 10:58:53 pm
I don't really care about UT. They are not an SEC team I take the time to root against, like say for instance Ole Miss or Auburn, which is to say that the following is without any hateful bias against Tenn.

So, there is a big difference between a police officer calling a coach to say: "Coach we have Louie Lefttackle in custody right now and he is going to be charged with DUI (or: public intox, MIP, disorderly conduct, possession of a controlled substance/instrument of crime, driving on suspended, assault and battery, etc.,)."

And: "Hey coach, we have a girl here telling us that she is the victim of one of the most heinous crimes that a human can commit and she says that Louie Leftackle and Donny D'end are the guys who did it to her. We are only in the preliminary stages now, but they are going to be investigated for that aforementioned heinous crime. I thought I should let you know, because obviously you knowing about this ASAP is AT LEAST of equal importance as investigating this alleged crime, which I may have previously undersold by describing it MERELY as 'heinous.' Additionally, I know that sharing this information with you could never jeopardize that investigation due to you having absolutely no personal interest in these guys not being charged or convicted of something that could keep them off the field permanently despite the fact that you spent a lot of time/resources recruiting them and that thier on the field contributions might directly effect your chances of retaining the head coaching job here as well as the millions of dollars that go along with it. Additionally I am pretty sure that even if you did just happen to slip up and tell them that we are busy at work trying to get search warrants for their apartments, there is no way that any potential evidence could be destroyed even if two fine young men like Louie and Donny would want to; which we both know they wouldn't. Am I right or am I right? Kay thanx byyyyeeee."

Seriously do you think the authorities in Fayetteville called Mike Anderson as soon as our players passing counterfeit money became suspects? Do you think that they put Mike in a position where he had to either obstruct justice or quietly watch his players get themselves pinched for a serious crime? If you do I guess thanks for the high opinion of our head basketball coach's ethical integrity but I bet we both agree that he just did not get any such call.

When police are investigating major crimes they do not TYPICALLY make the people close to the suspects aware of the fact that those individuals are suspects until that knowledge has the least ability to hinder the investigation.

Stuff like what happend in this UT situation does go on, (ahem) OBVIOUSLY, but acting like it is even close to business as usual all over the country is either the result of you being extremely jaded or just willfully obtuse.
First you're assuming Jones obstructed justice which has not been claimed by anyone except a few of you on this site.
2nd I'd be shocked if Anderson didn't get a call. If you think he found out like the rest of us or even just before the rest of us you're kidding yourself.
To assume that a coach obstructed justice in any way shape or form is just silly.
I defy you or any of the other psychics on this site to show me any obstruction by Jones.
And I stand by my statement that I have no issue with Anderson, Jones or any other coach getting a call and taking action on behalf of their players. They sit in living rooms and promise parents/guardians to take care of these young men. That includes not assuming guilt just because they are accused. Just because a person is accused doesn't mean they're guilty. Again, ask the Duke La Cross team. Hell just this past week a guy was released from prison after 20 years for false rape charges.
If they are guilty then punish the hell out of them. But it's horrible to take years from a person who isn't guilty. 

PorkRinds

Are we still talking about the incident that ended with Bowles being called a traitor, and his teammates assaulting him after Jones called him a traitor?  Because if so, I don't remember those players being immediately suspended.  But my memory of it is a little foggy at this point. 

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 11, 2016, 08:26:36 am
First you're assuming Jones obstructed justice which has not been claimed by anyone except a few of you on this site.
2nd I'd be shocked if Anderson didn't get a call. If you think he found out like the rest of us or even just before the rest of us you're kidding yourself.
To assume that a coach obstructed justice in any way shape or form is just silly.
I defy you or any of the other psychics on this site to show me any obstruction by Jones.
And I stand by my statement that I have no issue with Anderson, Jones or any other coach getting a call and taking action on behalf of their players. They sit in living rooms and promise parents/guardians to take care of these young men. That includes not assuming guilt just because they are accused. Just because a person is accused doesn't mean they're guilty. Again, ask the Duke La Cross team. Hell just this past week a guy was released from prison after 20 years for false rape charges.
If they are guilty then punish the hell out of them. But it's horrible to take years from a person who isn't guilty. 

Riiiiiight.

Jones obviously interferred with the investigation as that was obviously the intent of telling him prior to filing charges, obtaining a search warrant or even interviewing witnesses.

Mike found out before the rest of us but not before the investigation was a lock. There is a big difference and your failure to concede that really damages the credibility of anything else you argue.

Anybody remember Jermain Brooks? Anybody think Houston Nutt got a courtesy call about him before they searched Jermain's apartment and brought him in for interrogation? Of course he didn't.

(Also your statements seem to indicate that you would be in favor of all people suspected/accused of a crime be given 8 or so hours of advance notice before the police may execute a search warrant for their home or effects? That's what you are in favor of?

In your perfect world Jared Fogel should have recieved official notice to the affect of "law enforcement is seeking a search warrant for your home and computers, you have 8 unsupervised hours to prepare for their arrival." That's what you advocate, that's what you have no problem with.

In your world I return to practice criminal defense full time.)

SemperHawg

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 06, 2016, 01:16:59 pm
There are some crazy people out there that think, the local police department and the head football coach warning two players about an impending sexual assault investigation and giving them 8 hours to get their stories straight and remove evidence could be considered promoting an atmosphere that encourages sexual assault.  I know just crazy talk!

ALLVOL

The level of knowledge by some is astounding. Some of you should write a book. Perhaps run for office and change the laws so all it takes is an accusation to put someone away for life.
The level of brilliance and inside knowledge at not only UT but UA also is very in depth. I'm sure ESPN and others would pay you a ton of $ if only thet could get your insight. Just brilliance I say.

southarkhog06

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 11, 2016, 01:57:11 pm
The level of knowledge by some is astounding. Some of you should write a book. Perhaps run for office and change the laws so all it takes is an accusation to put someone away for life.
The level of brilliance and inside knowledge at not only UT but UA also is very in depth. I'm sure ESPN and others would pay you a ton of $ if only thet could get your insight. Just brilliance I say.
when you are wrong and everyone calls you on it, just deflect with sarcasm and insults. Donald Trump would be proud.

ALLVOL

Quote from: southarkhog06 on May 11, 2016, 02:04:08 pm
when you are wrong and everyone calls you on it, just deflect with sarcasm and insults. Donald Trump would be proud.
LOL. Everyone??? Wow. Your right man. UT's mission is to establish a culture of rape. I'm glad EVERYONE sees that.

ALLVOL

I laugh because we have some UT fans just as blinded by foolishness.

KlubhouseKonnected

So you are saying that Jones possibly had some obligation to tell these players about the active investigation. There may be a colorable argument there, but let's set that aside. Are you willing to concede that it was improper for the police to even put Jones in that position by providing him with that information so far in advance?

PorkRinds

It's true.  You're the only truly enlightened one.  Been trashing the victims since day one, saying they're lying and questioning their motives because your favorite football team is involved.  ALLCLASS. 

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 11, 2016, 01:57:11 pm
Perhaps run for office and change the laws so all it takes is an accusation to put someone away for life.

That's a nice pivot and straw man argument btw.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.