Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Bianchi of Orlando Sentinial ripping Hugh Freeze on Finebaum.....

Started by hobhog, May 03, 2016, 05:42:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

Said he was considered for Florida job 2 years ago but "character issues" ruined the deal and AD Foley passed. He basically says Ole Miss has issues and Freeze is Typhoid Mary.

People pilling on black bears and I am loving it.....

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hobhog on May 03, 2016, 05:42:23 pm
Said he was considered for Florida job 2 years ago but "character issues" ruined the deal and AD Foley passed. He basically says Ole Miss has issues and Freeze is Typhoid Mary.

People pilling on black bears and I am loving it.....

In all honesty he (Bianchi) admitted that it was speculation on his part with no proof, but when he brought Jimmy Sexton into the conversation (regarding Tunsil) and everyone else that Sexton represents in the SEC, Finebaum quieted down quickly. "Does Sexton represent you, Paul?" Finebaum: "Ha, ha, well not directly, ha, ha, gee Mike, I don't know what to say now". Odd exchange.
Go Hogs Go!

hobhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 03, 2016, 05:53:46 pm
In all honesty he (Bianchi) admitted that it was speculation on his part with no proof, but when he brought Jimmy Sexton into the conversation (regarding Tunsil) and everyone else that Sexton represents in the SEC, Finebaum quieted down quickly. "Does Sexton represent you, Paul?" Finebaum: "Ha, ha, well not directly, ha, ha, gee Mike, I don't know what to say now". Odd exchange.

Odd indeed. And it's obvious he is a huge Gator homer as he couldnt even conceive someone from Mississippi not wanting to be Florida's coach. But still, I imagine he won't be receiving much love from the Bear fans anytime soon.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hobhog on May 03, 2016, 06:27:36 pm
Odd indeed. And it's obvious he is a huge Gator homer as he couldnt even conceive someone from Mississippi not wanting to be Florida's coach. But still, I imagine he won't be receiving much love from the Bear fans anytime soon.

He isn't wrong. Going from Ole Miss to Florida is without a doubt, a huge step up in opportunity for a HC. Bigger expectations certainly, but better opportunity as well.
Go Hogs Go!

hobhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 03, 2016, 06:31:25 pm
He isn't wrong. Going from Ole Miss to Florida is without a doubt, a huge step up in opportunity for a HC. Bigger expectations certainly, but better opportunity as well.

Absolutely, but coaches stay at "lesser" schools all the time. Beamer at VT. Snyder at KSU. Hatfield probably would have stayed at UA forever if Frank had left him alone. Freeze grew up an hour from campus. Not sure Bianchi knows that, or cares. He was obviously stirring things up and it's easy to do in Oxford these days. They are almost defenseless.

That being said, I doubt NCAA gets anything accomplished with their "investigation".

Pig in the Pokey

I bet he was right about Foley. His whole bit about UF passing on Freezus is true.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

clutch

UF might have passed on Freeze, but I think Freeze passed on UF too. I honestly don't think he wanted to leave Ole Miss. He's been an Ole Miss guy his whole life, it's his dream job, plus all his "people" are there. He'd have to make new connections at UF.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: clutch on May 03, 2016, 09:51:48 pm
UF might have passed on Freeze, but I think Freeze passed on UF too. I honestly don't think he wanted to leave Ole Miss. He's been an Ole Miss guy his whole life, it's his dream job, plus all his "people" are there. He'd have to make new connections at UF.

That's not how it works.
[CENSORED]!

LZH

Not sure about that.....Florida is a top ten job and one you can't turn down - unless you already have a top ten job.

riccoar

So, the reason Florida didn't want Freeze is because he's a sloppy cheater.  Makes sense.  Note to future wanna be Gator coaches:  Must be able to cover your tracks.

hobhog

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on May 04, 2016, 06:45:49 am
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/gators-freeze-columnist/

Bianchi comes across as more of a rumor monger than a journalist. Just the same, Ole Miss is everyone's punching bag right now. Guess off season is best time for it. Probably be forgotten by fall....

clutch

Quote from: LZH on May 03, 2016, 11:10:17 pm
Not sure about that.....Florida is a top ten job and one you can't turn down - unless you already have a top ten job.

Dan Mullen turned it down to stay at Miss St. So it really shouldn't be that crazy of a thought to think Freeze would to stay at Ole Miss.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: clutch on May 04, 2016, 07:57:36 am
Dan Mullen turned it down to stay at Miss St. So it really shouldn't be that crazy of a thought to think Freeze would to stay at Ole Miss.
yeaaaah, except what happened was Sexton pitched Freezus, UF declined, and Freezus acted like he turned it down. That is what happened , most likely. That darn about Freezus turning down UF isn't true, and it may not even be true in Mullen's case. Remember it's media spin- the same dudes who said Houston Nutt got hired away from Arkansas to go to Ole Piss. We all know what really happened there.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Hog N Bama

Florida was terrible before Meyer and terrible after. So get off your high horse homer Mike.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hog N Bama on May 04, 2016, 10:22:06 am
Florida was terrible before Meyer and terrible after. So get off your high horse homer Mike.

The old ball coach (Spurrier) says Hi......................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hog N Bama on May 04, 2016, 10:22:06 am
and we've literally still never beaten them....

clutch

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 04, 2016, 10:15:39 am
yeaaaah, except what happened was Sexton pitched Freezus, UF declined, and Freezus acted like he turned it down. That is what happened , most likely. That darn about Freezus turning down UF isn't true, and it may not even be true in Mullen's case. Remember it's media spin- the same dudes who said Houston Nutt got hired away from Arkansas to go to Ole Piss. We all know what really happened there.

Everyone acts like there is no chance that they'd offer the job to Freeze or Mullen, when their past shows that they've in fact hired a lot worse. Zook, Muschamp, and even Mcelwain to an extent. While he's a good coach, he wasn't near as big of a name as Hugh Freeze or Dan Mullen at the time he was hired.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 04, 2016, 10:33:04 am
and we've literally still never beaten them....

Wrong. 1882 Bluebonnet Bowl Arkansas 28 - Florida 24.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

AugustaHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 04, 2016, 10:32:04 am
The old ball coach (Spurrier) says Hi......................................
While it was an exaggeration because it had only been a few years that the ball coach had been gone, Ron Zook directly preceded Meyer and had run the Gator program into the ground at that point.  Relatively speaking, they weren't and still aren't what they were with Urb.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

May 04, 2016, 11:36:27 am #20 Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 12:37:02 pm by SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 04, 2016, 11:08:38 am

Leather helmets?
Wooden balls?
Well......Maybe still leather balls, but stuffed with cloth and feathers?
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 04, 2016, 11:08:38 am
in conference we haven't. but thank god that bluebonnet bowl existed that year still (1984 since obviously that's what you actually meant)!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 04, 2016, 11:39:57 am
in conference we haven't. but thank god that bluebonnet bowl existed that year still (1984 since obviously that's what you actually meant)!

Then you should have said "in conference" but you didn't. By the way 1982 is the correct year. Google is your friend.

hogcard1964

I'd take Freeze over McElwain every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogcard1964 on May 04, 2016, 12:21:45 pm
I'd take Freeze over McElwain every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I think you got them backwards..........at least if I had posted it, it would have been the other way.

colbs

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: colbs on May 04, 2016, 12:24:28 pm
Not me

Me neither. I'd rather have a brain Freeze than Hugh Freeze.................................on second thought maybe those are the same thing!

Paul

I heard FL never seriously vetted him because Foleydidn't like him when he was there as OC

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 04, 2016, 12:16:33 pm
Then you should have said "in conference" but you didn't. By the way 1982 is the correct year. Google is your friend.
you are the one who said 1882, man

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 04, 2016, 02:22:43 pm
you are the one who said 1882, man

GREAT CATCH! Haha! I wasn't even looking at that second digit. I was looking at the last two! Congrats man.

hei5manhog

"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 04, 2016, 02:55:30 pm
GREAT CATCH! Haha! I wasn't even looking at that second digit. I was looking at the last two! Congrats man.
technically we both lose lol

i think 84 was the last year there was a bluebonnet bowl.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hei5manhog on May 04, 2016, 03:05:41 pm
So is Sexton finebaum's agent? What was that about?
sounded like maybe his wife's, or at least damn near all his coworkers.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 04, 2016, 04:01:36 pm
technically we both lose lol

i think 84 was the last year there was a bluebonnet bowl.

I knew it was 82. I just got the century wrong! Haha! Anyway I'm not looking up the last year of the Bluebonnet bowl. I might accidentally type 1784....................

Cave City Joe

Quote from: LZH on May 03, 2016, 11:10:17 pm

FL is not a top ten school
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

presidenthog

Dan mullen and Foley do not get along. I doubt there was ever interest on either side.

Swine-as-wine

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 04, 2016, 10:15:39 am

What you're saying is just as much speculation as Bianchi. Anyone who said that Houston Nutt got "hired away from
Arkansas", would have had to be living under a rock, because between ESPN and every other sports channel in the
nation reporting the fan backlash against Nutt, and his golden parachute buyout, only a blithering fool would say that.
Which "dudes" said that anyways?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Cave City Joe on May 04, 2016, 07:46:11 pm
FL is not a top ten school

If a survey of coaches listed them it might be on the list...............................

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 05, 2016, 06:02:59 am
If a survey of coaches listed them it might be on the list...............................

Here's a list from the Sporting News in no particular order.

Texas, Florida, USC, Alabama, Ohio State, LSU, Notre Dame, Michigan, Florida State and Georgia.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/photos/the-10-spot-top-jobs-in-college-football-texas-florida-usc-alabama-ohio-state-lsu/5o40ou2l6y1918p0oxwipbxjf/slide/192599
Go Hogs Go!

LZH

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on May 04, 2016, 11:36:27 am

Leather helmets?
Wooden balls?
Well......Maybe still leather balls, but stuffed with cloth and feathers?

Hey, hey!....I watched that game on a COLOR television!   >:(

Pup.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 05, 2016, 06:14:07 am
Here's a list from the Sporting News in no particular order.

Texas, Florida, USC, Alabama, Ohio State, LSU, Notre Dame, Michigan, Florida State and Georgia.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/photos/the-10-spot-top-jobs-in-college-football-texas-florida-usc-alabama-ohio-state-lsu/5o40ou2l6y1918p0oxwipbxjf/slide/192599

I can't argue with that list. I might add TAMU or OU to make it a dozen.

LZH

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 05, 2016, 10:11:00 am
I can't argue with that list. I might add TAMU or OU to make it a dozen.

I've often wondered why UCLA hasn't made more of a dent over the last 20 years or so. You know there's money and recruiting territory. Lack of commitment maybe? It's hard not to think they are just a coach and a couple of classes from competing for a  championship.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Paul on May 04, 2016, 02:20:00 pm
  I heard FL never seriously vetted him because Foleydidn't like him when he was there as OC
correct. BOTH Mississippi school's fans are stright up delusional and lying. Let me guess, Mullen turned down Ohio State and Texas, too. And Freeze turned down Florida. just dumb, didn't happen, and even the fans from the #50-in-everything state look ridiculous saying it. Not sure what to think about Hogs fans slobbering up on Freezus and Mullen. Pretty sad if you ask me.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LZH on May 05, 2016, 10:27:36 am
I've often wondered why UCLA hasn't made more of a dent over the last 20 years or so. You know there's money and recruiting territory. Lack of commitment maybe? It's hard not to think they are just a coach and a couple of classes from competing for a  championship.

The only reason I can come up with is the Trojans have a longer better history and tradition and trumps them in LA.

MusicCityHogFan

Quote from: clutch on May 04, 2016, 11:06:54 am
Everyone acts like there is no chance that they'd offer the job to Freeze or Mullen, when their past shows that they've in fact hired a lot worse. Zook, Muschamp, and even Mcelwain to an extent. While he's a good coach, he wasn't near as big of a name as Hugh Freeze or Dan Mullen at the time he was hired.

He was a pretty big name.... he turned CSU around. 4 wins in his 1st season, 4 wins, 8 wins, then 10 wins. He was Saban's offensive coordinator for a good bit, so those names are usually pretty hot in the market. But I think the Hogs can beat them this year. Had Grier not took PHD's I think they would've atleast hung with Bama in the SEC Title Game. Just my personal opinion. In my opinion all head coaches are dirty in some sort of way. But guys like Freeze, and Urban Meyer don't discipline their players right. i.e. Aaron Hernandez for Meyer, and Nkemdichi (spelling?) for Freeze. He obviously had been more than likely getting in trouble prior to this. Gotta help them for later on in life.

Hogsolo

Meyer plays favorites and doesn't try to develop lesser talents.  He lies and then avoids contact with players.   

Got this from a UF player relative.   He is a Florida legacy that went in excited and now his whole family hates Meyer. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: IAMHogholio on May 05, 2016, 11:28:19 pm
Meyer plays favorites and doesn't try to develop lesser talents.  He lies and then avoids contact with players.   

Got this from a UF player relative.   He is a Florida legacy that went in excited and now his whole family hates Meyer. 

That legacy hating a coach thing happens everywhere. It all depends on who the player and coach are at the time.