Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn is certainly consistent. (Four players arrested)

Started by The NewEra, May 02, 2016, 02:11:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgwash

Quote from: smb on May 02, 2016, 03:25:00 pm
Wonder who gave them money to buy the drugs? I mean how did they get the money?
Like Ole Miss, Auburn has an Opportunity Fund for players with special needs.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on May 03, 2016, 09:41:04 am
Well it certainly sounded like doobieous proposition.

Excellent.  That was the best one yet. :)

rmcchris

Suspended first half of the non-conference opener.

reddogjcss

They will be playing second half of first game. Heck they will be playing in first half.

Hogs33

Quote from: reddogjcss on May 03, 2016, 01:49:51 pm
They will be playing second half of first game. Heck they will be playing in first half.

NAH.... They will be suspended of the ENTIRE season.......................... of basketball.
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." Mark Twain

DukeOfPork

Quote from: rmcchris on May 03, 2016, 01:45:38 pm

He should put them in with 4:20 left in the 2nd quarter.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Doug on May 03, 2016, 06:15:21 am
So, for those of you that might have glossed over this...

The four were not only kicked off the team, they were kicked out of Auburn, completely (AKA no more school).

IF Gus sticks with this... guess some of you might need to back pedal on your softness claims.

Certainly surprised me.

Seems I spoke too soon. That was an UNCONFIRMED report that I read... no one else (including reputable sites) is reporting anything. Mea Culpa.
Doug,

The Onion is NOT a source.

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: IronMountainHog on May 02, 2016, 04:29:45 pm
Maybe they'll get a stern lecture from Kodi BURNS.

Keep on rolling along
Hashtagdoobiebrother
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Pigdiana Jones

St, Gus the hypocrite? Plz. This is SOP for him and Awbarn.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

tusksincolorado

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 02, 2016, 02:47:12 pm
Gus is going to have to weed out the bad seeds and see where this problem stems from. 

Even from Colorado....that was nicely done.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

TheRazorback500

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on May 03, 2016, 09:46:32 am
I'll use every opportunity to say it should be legal.  Haha
Speak up in November and it could be.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

GoHogs1091

Quote from: rmcchris on May 03, 2016, 01:45:38 pm

This will actually give Malzahn an excuse he can give to Auburn supporters for the outcome of the game.

I don't know what has been the worst beating over the last 25 years Auburn has had in Jordan-Hare stadium, but this season opening game against Clemson has the very real possibility of being a devastating beating for Auburn.  It has the possibility of being similar to the Hogs/Miami (FL) game in War Memorial in 1987.

Sivad

Quote from: hawgwash on May 03, 2016, 01:23:17 pm
The "need to get high"?

smb

Well I heard Auburn was high on football but this is crazy!
GeorgiaHOG

RazorWhacker

One thing is for certain. Auburn is loaded at that position.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 02, 2016, 02:47:12 pm
Gus is going to have to weed out the bad seeds and see where this problem stems from.
You mean to say ole Gussie is actually going to "weed out the weed" at AUbarn? Now THAT will definitely be a full time job.

smb

BREAKING NEWS: QUADRUPLETS ARE EXPECTING TO PLAY NEXT YEAR FOR AUBURN! THE DOOBIE BROTHERS ANNOUNCED THEY WILL ATTEND AUBURN UNIVERSITY THIS FALL!!!!!!
GeorgiaHOG

Dr. Starcs

The university of Auburn - a different kind of higher education.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hawgwash on May 03, 2016, 01:23:17 pm

At old barn they all have special needs....................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/seccountry/status/738529531816972288

QuoteFour Auburn players arrested for possession of marijuana in April are "remorseful" as they await their date in court, defensive line coach Rodney Garner said Thursday.

Defensive end Byron Cowart, cornerback Carlton Davis, receiver Ryan Davis and defensive back Jeremiah Dinson were arrested April 30 at 11 p.m. on charges of possession of marijuana in the second degree near the 100 block of E. Samford Avenue.

"I think they're all remorseful," Garner said before an event in Albany, Georgia, according to the Columbus (Ga.) Ledger-Enquirer. "They made a mistake, we disciplined them and we got to move on and learn from it. You try to put corrective measures in place that when a young man makes a mistake, you use it as a teaching moment. You discipline them and all that, but hopefully they learn something from it and won't repeat the same mistake."

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn has refused to go into details about the case and whether punishment is coming for the players within the program. Receivers coach Kodi Burns hinted in May the situation was already handled.

"We've already addressed everything and everything is going to be handled appropriately," Burns said before a speaking engagement at the Chilton County Auburn Club. "We know exactly what happened and that's already been fixed."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on May 02, 2016, 02:47:54 pm
Yep, it will be harsh & inhumane. They will have to do 2 laps around the football field (at their convenience)....& will be held out of the first minute, of the first game...this fall.  ;)

At their convenience and on the honor system
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

jbcarol

Auburn appears to have resolved the statuses of a few key players involved in offseason legal trouble.

QuoteOn Monday, it was reported that Jeremiah Dinson, one of four Tigers arrested on possession of marijuana charges in April, had entered a plea deal.

As for the other three — sophomores Carlton Davis, Byron Cowart and Ryan Davis — they will not appear in court after being granted "youthful offender status."

Their names are no longer in the Auburn municipal court system, and coach Gus Malzahn has already stated that none of the four players will miss any playing time.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on August 30, 2016, 10:54:45 pm
Auburn appears to have resolved the statuses of a few key players involved in offseason legal trouble.

Gee...what a shock !  Who would have guessed that all this would be resolved before the first game, & nobody would miss any playing time ?? 

It was just another..."mistake"  (meaning, they got caught)   ;)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Porked Tongue

It'd take a murder the morning before a game for Gus to hold out a player this year.

hawgwash

Quote from: Porked Tongue on August 31, 2016, 02:43:02 pm
It'd take a murder the morning before a game for Gus to hold out a player this year.
And the player would have to be the victim.

hog.goblin

KlubhouseKonnected