Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keon Hatcher injured?

Started by mitchforheisman, May 01, 2016, 10:54:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mitchforheisman

Keon Hatcher just posted on Snapchat that he had surgery on his foot and from an earlier snap it was in a boot. Not seeing this being reported anywhere.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Hogs run wild

Man, what is going on up there? WR is where we are loaded though. Here's to a fast recovery.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

presidenthog

Quote from: mitchforheisman on May 01, 2016, 10:54:29 pm
Keon Hatcher just posted on Snapchat that he had surgery on his foot and from an earlier snap it was in a boot. Not seeing this being reported anywhere.
probably won't get drafted no matter how well his senior year is now if true. they will say he is "injury prone"

Mike_e

Nike shoes are the worst shoes out there.

I don't know what caused KH's injury but as someone who is on his feet all day I can tell you that if you value your feet keep them out of nikies.
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Mike_e on May 02, 2016, 04:19:03 am

I don't know what caused KH's injury but as someone who is on his feet all day I can tell you that if you value your feet keep them out of nikies.
crocs.....that's where it's at

PP

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on May 02, 2016, 06:44:43 am
crocs.....that's where it's at

PP

They tired them but the punt team blockers hated them. They got tired of being hit in the back of the head by the punter's crocs!  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

The Big O Oliver Squeeler

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 02, 2016, 06:48:24 am
They tired them but the punt team blockers hated them. They got tired of being hit in the back of the head by the punter's crocs!  ;D
sounnds like the removed the retaining strap....idiot kickers*

PP

*Peyton Manning

FineAsSwine

Is this for real? Is Keon hurt or not? I hope not because I was looking forward to seeing him have a great senior year. Hope someone can verify his status today.

Hollywood_HOGan45

How? Spring practice has been done for a week.

COCHISE

Quote from: mitchforheisman on May 01, 2016, 10:54:29 pm
Geez. Hopefully a picture from last year.

mitchforheisman

He posted this photo and then in a video said "just had surgery on my foot...have no milk for cereal"

SemperHawg

I am sure there is someone on here that has background in the medical profession somewhere so they can tell me that I am wrong.  Could this be some kind of routine follow up surgery that may have been planned for after spring?  I have a Marine Corps. buddy that had some pins put in his foot, 6 months after the initial surgery they brought him back for a scope they scheduled to do some clean up work.  Maybe something like this is a possibility.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on May 02, 2016, 07:02:57 am
sounnds like the removed the retaining strap....idiot kickers*

PP

*Peyton Manning

Kickers do follow to sound of a different drum beat.  :)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

hei5manhog

Quote from: SemperHawg on May 02, 2016, 09:53:05 am
I am sure there is someone on here that has background in the medical profession somewhere so they can tell me that I am wrong.  Could this be some kind of routine follow up surgery that may have been planned for after spring?  I have a Marine Corps. buddy that had some pins put in his foot, 6 months after the initial surgery they brought him back for a scope they scheduled to do some clean up work.  Maybe something like this is a possibility.

Surely he wouldn't have participated in spring practice if he had a planned procedure the week after..
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

afhogfan1980

New balance makes a superior shoe to Nike
"Even Lance Armstrong Won Without a Nutt"

hei5manhog

This is pretty worrisome. I wonder if he was in for Drew last year what kind of year he might have had...I mean Drew is great, but Keon is the better athlete no question and if he was getting all of those targets, wow.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Mike_e on May 02, 2016, 04:19:03 am

Agreed. I coach baseball and volleyball in high school, and I will not allow my players to wear Nike cleats or tennis shoes. For football we order Under Armour and volleyball Mizuno because Nike is such trash
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

hoglady

Quote from: TNhawgfan on May 02, 2016, 12:17:58 pm
Agreed. I coach baseball and volleyball in high school, and I will not allow my players to wear Nike cleats or tennis shoes. For football we order Under Armour and volleyball Mizuno because Nike is such trash

Not sure about adult Nike shoes but they are good shoes for young kids.
My daughter had physical therapy from 6 months to 7 years old - her therapist would not allow her to wear any shoe ever but Nike. She said they were actually made to fit a kid's foot / instead of a cut down version of an adult shoe like most of the others.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hoglady on May 02, 2016, 12:23:47 pm
My daughter had physical therapy from 6 months to 7 years old - her therapist would not allow her to wear any shoe ever but Nike. She said they were actually made to fit a kid's foot / instead of a cut down version of an adult shoe like most of the others.
must have an endorsement deal...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hoglady

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 02, 2016, 12:27:06 pm
must have an endorsement deal...

Not - her and her husband had a small private PT practice in Little Rock.
Most all of her clients were under the age of 6.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoghappy

May 02, 2016, 12:32:20 pm #22 Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 12:42:32 pm by hoghappy
Quote from: hei5manhog on May 02, 2016, 11:42:47 am
This is pretty worrisome. I wonder if he was in for Drew last year what kind of year he might have had...I mean Drew is great, but Keon is the better athlete no question and if he was getting all of those targets, wow.
i don't think Keon would have taken anything from Drew last year. Some other receiver would have been the odd man out. Both would have been on the field.

Hogarusa

Following Keon Hatcher on snapchat is a thing people do? 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

TNhawgfan

Quote from: hoglady on May 02, 2016, 12:23:47 pm

I have no experience with young kids' shoes. All I know is I did Nike for volleyball for one year and had to replace about 5 shoes midseason because they were literally falling apart. I did Nike for baseball for one season and had a plethora of ankle sprains and minor foot injuries. I switched three years ago and haven't had a problem with shoes or cleats since.
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

STLhawg

If this is true, Arkansas media must be taking a nap!

Hogberry Snortcake

It's not really a rule, but, generally speaking, Nike tends to sacrifice support for light weight.  They're so sport specific, I'm kind of surprised their cleats aren't good.  I was always an Adidas guy for cleats, but that's just me and my foot architecture. 

Can anybody add something about the Hatcher injury?  I guess he could've practiced through if it was just a scope.  That's an in and out thing...

PorkRinds

Let's be honest, the level of shoes that our guys are using ARE NOT really all that comparable to what high school budgets can afford unless they're at the pinnacle of the high school game.  Most high school programs buy cheap in bulk.  I highly doubt it's the shoes.

bennyl08

May not be a new injury, just follow up surgery on his foot from his previous injury. It seems these types of things are pretty common.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

26.2Hog

Quote from: TNhawgfan on May 02, 2016, 12:17:58 pm

You're being kind saying Nike is trash. Nike has produced over priced, inferior products for decades. 

I agree with Under Armour and Mizuno for mainstream team sports shoes. For running shoes, Hoka One One is the way to go.

DeltaBoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CduA0TULnow

Dang gum it Hatcher. Prayers sent for a quick recovery.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 02, 2016, 01:58:06 pm
Let's be honest, the level of shoes that our guys are using ARE NOT really all that comparable to what high school budgets can afford unless they're at the pinnacle of the high school game.  Most high school programs buy cheap in bulk.  I highly doubt it's the shoes.
If we are being truly honest, we went to Nike for recruiting. They make an inferior, some might even say dangerous, product though and we need to re-think our strategy. You know, because player safety and what-not is BB's MAIN thing, right?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

PorkRinds

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 02, 2016, 02:43:17 pm
If we are being truly honest, we went to Nike for recruiting. They make an inferior, some might even say dangerous, product though and we need to re-think our strategy. You know, because player safety and what-not is BB's MAIN thing, right?

Why would nike shoes break our players' feet, but no other nike team has the same issue? 

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 02, 2016, 02:43:17 pm

How many injuries does Oregon have, compared to the average?

rwspear

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 02, 2016, 02:45:59 pm
Why would nike shoes break our players' feet, but no other nike team has the same issue? 

bc people dont understand that correlation is not the same thing as causation.

DOGALUM

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 02, 2016, 01:58:06 pm
Mars Blackman strongly disagrees with your last sentence.   
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Hog Fan from Camden

Yea, why only our players?

kibster

Quote from: Hog Fan from Camden on May 02, 2016, 02:51:54 pm
Yea, why only our players?

Right.  Could the increase in foot injuries be linked to the new practice fields?  Seems like the injuries started about the same time we opened it up.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

Pig in the Pokey

i'm not saying the shoes are breaking feet. I blame the turf for that. But maybe better shoes would help.
@Slackaveli

k.c.hawg

Wonder if he had a screw put in last September that was causing problems during spring practice. 9 months would seem early to have it removed (if there was one) but I suppose not impossible if he healed really well. I've got hardware in my leg that sticks out and gets uncomfortable at times with a lot of activity. A screw or scar tissue being removed sounds most likely.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

PorkSoda

Quote from: mitchforheisman on May 02, 2016, 09:48:09 am
He posted this photo and then in a video said "just had surgery on my foot...have no milk for cereal"
looks like he's riding dirty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjv4vk6qKik
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: kibster on May 02, 2016, 02:58:20 pm
Right.  Could the increase in foot injuries be linked to the new practice fields?  Seems like the injuries started about the same time we opened it up.
weight training technique maybe?

more than likely just bad luck. 

would be interesting if we had a list of injuries and the causes to see if there was a common theme, or just random accidents.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

JackJohnson

I wonder if we will have any players left without broken feet to try and squat 3 tons for our hype video this summer

ricepig

Quote from: JackJohnson on May 02, 2016, 03:56:26 pm
I wonder if we will have any players left without broken feet to try and squat 3 tons for our hype video this summer

They only need one leg, nice try.......

zane

Very possible that it was just a surgery to remove the hardware from his prior surgery. We do this pretty often. Some procedures (Lisfranc repair for example) generally always need to have the hardware removed. Also, sometimes plates or screws can become loose or start to back out or just sit a bit prominent and cause a lot of irritation- so we go in and remove them.
RIP LSUfan

razorbackkid

*************ATTENTION****************

IF YOU, OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, HAS BEEN INJURED WHILE WEARING ANY NIKE PRODUCT,

CALL THIS NUMBER NOW.

1-800-BAD-SHOE

Our offices have successfully settled thousands of cases.

You don't even have to be wearing the shoe, just owning it is sufficient!

You may be entitled to SIGNIFICANT compensation!

THAT'S 1-800-BAD-SHOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call now.

Operators ready to assist you immediately!!!!!!!!!!
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

SemperHawg

Quote from: zane on May 02, 2016, 05:27:32 pm
Very possible that it was just a surgery to remove the hardware from his prior surgery. We do this pretty often. Some procedures (Lisfranc repair for example) generally always need to have the hardware removed. Also, sometimes plates or screws can become loose or start to back out or just sit a bit prominent and cause a lot of irritation- so we go in and remove them.
This was my line of thinking.

MuskogeeHogFan

There is this...though it may not have anything to do with ankle injuries.

The shoes that had longer irregular cleats at the peripheral margin of the sole with a number of smaller pointed cleats positioned interiorly ("Edge" design) had significantly greater torque resistance and increased rate of arthroscopically proven anterior cruciate ligament injury. This increased injury rate was 3.4 times that of shoes that had cleats of the same height and shape, had screw-in cleats, or had a circular pivot disk on the sole of the forefoot (grouped as "non-Edge" design).

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=586

And then this...rating football cleats and where two brands of Nike shoes are included in the top 4 as being the best by people who use them.

Nike Alpha Pro and Nike Vapor Carbon Fly 2.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/351833-top-rated-football-cleats/

And then this, from the NFL, focusing mainly on foot injuries in particular.

A Lisfranic is often mislabeled as a midfoot sprain. So a sprain is basically a ligament injury in any part of the body, but in this situation it's the midfoot. In most cases of athletes, it's not necessarily a bone injury, but a ligament injury. The ligaments of a midfoot joints rupture and the joints become unstable and shift out of place. ... You can have some small bony emulsions or chips injuries occur if the ligaments do pull off. Then these joints become unstable and when they become unstable guys can't push off. So a lot of the complaints guys have when they leave the football field with a Lisfranc-type injury is that, "Hey I don't have any push-off or explosion." They'll have these symptoms and then they'll have a tremendous amount of midfoot pain and swelling. They are injuries that unfortunately take a long time to recover from because when the injury occurs in the midfoot area, basically that's the top of the arch and that's where a lot of the stress goes on a running athlete. In order to push off or power through the foot, you have to have a stable midfoot.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000281549/article/nfl-orthopedic-surgeon-lisfranc-foot-ailment-is-bizarre-injury

Does any of this apply to our problems? I have no idea, but I sure would like to hear what our Orthopod has to say on the matter.
Go Hogs Go!

Childsplease

Need to get rid of artificial turf and get back to the way it was meant to be played.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: razorbackkid on May 02, 2016, 05:36:16 pm
*************ATTENTION****************

IF YOU, OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, HAS BEEN INJURED WHILE WEARING ANY NIKE PRODUCT,

CALL THIS NUMBER NOW.

1-800-BAD-SHOE

Our offices have successfully settled thousands of cases.

You don't even have to be wearing the shoe, just owning it is sufficient!

You may be entitled to SIGNIFICANT compensation!

THAT'S 1-800-BAD-SHOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call now.

Operators ready to assist you immediately!!!!!!!!!!
and YOU DON'T EVEN NEED TO LEAVE YOUR HOUSE, WE WILL COME TO YOU!