Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interesting Draft Numbers

Started by greenEGnHAWGS, April 30, 2016, 09:39:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

greenEGnHAWGS

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye-on-college-football/25573383/ohio-state-wins-tennessee-loses-among-teams-with-most-2016-nfl-draft-picks

Tennessee has had 0...ZERO players drafted in the last 2 years. Seems Ol Butch can bring in a class but has no clue how to coach them up.

Also, Arkansas had the same number as LSU and Georgia drafted this year. And though some were drafted later than anticipated, I love all the spots each of them landed.

PS...if this belongs in the SEC forum, please move.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on April 30, 2016, 09:39:54 pm
http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye-on-college-football/25573383/ohio-state-wins-tennessee-loses-among-teams-with-most-2016-nfl-draft-picks

Tennessee has had 0...ZERO players drafted in the last 2 years. Seems Ol Butch can bring in a class but has no clue how to coach them up.

Also, Arkansas had the same number as LSU and Georgia drafted this year. And though some were drafted later than anticipated, I love all the spots each of them landed.

PS...if this belongs in the SEC forum, please move.

I'm no Butch fan but that mainly falls on Dooley.  He's been there three years so this year's jrs/redshirt sophs would be his first recruiting class that was eligible for the draft. Not sure how many, if any, of those guys declared.

rzrbackramsfan

I hope we have five players drafted next year we don't want to be one hit wonders.  Guys that could potentially be drafted:  deatrich wise, brooks Ellis, Jared Collins, Dan skipper, Dominique reed, Jeremy sprinkle.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on April 30, 2016, 10:08:34 pm
I'm no Butch fan but that mainly falls on Dooley.  He's been there three years so this year's jrs/redshirt sophs would be his first recruiting class that was eligible for the draft. Not sure how many, if any, of those guys declared.
it falls on Dooley to develop players for the last 3 years? C'mon, man. Dooley gave him talent to work with and he hasn't developed any of it. NONE>
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ChicoHog

Dooley left the cupboard pretty bare there.  I think I saw a stat where about 2/3rds of the team were freshman and sophomores last year.  Very small senior class.  Jones has recruited well according to the so called experts.  Not sure if he has recruited well to fill their needs or if he has developed anyone either.  I know they have had lots of attrition and off the field issues.

hawgmasta

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 30, 2016, 10:13:57 pm
I hope we have five players drafted next year we don't want to be one hit wonders.  Guys that could potentially be drafted:  deatrich wise, brooks Ellis, Jared Collins, Dan skipper, Dominique reed, Jeremy sprinkle.

Ragnow if he shows out and leaves early.

greenEGnHAWGS

CBB came to Arkansas the same year Butch did and that Razorback team was pretty bare as well. At least CBB was able to get a few of Smileys recruits into the NFL...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on April 30, 2016, 10:52:31 pm
CBB came to Arkansas the same year Butch did and that Razorback team was pretty bare as well. At least CBB was able to get a few of Smileys recruits into the NFL...

Swanson, Kiero and javonte right?

On a somewhat related note.  Anybody think the sympathy for Eric striker is completely hilarious.  You know why he didn't get drafted?  Character issues. 

http://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/oklahoma-wr-eric-striker-proclaiming-the-sec-is-dead/

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on April 30, 2016, 10:52:31 pm

Henry, Collins, Tretola and Kirkland were all Bielema recruits. In fact Henry, Collins, Kirkland and JWill all had another year of eligibility. On the other hand, the lack of any Defensive draftees is a pretty good indicator of why our Defense fell off so much from the year before.

Killean

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on April 30, 2016, 11:14:06 pm
Henry, Collins, Tretola and Kirkland were all Bielema recruits. In fact Henry, Collins, Kirkland and JWill all had another year of eligibility. On the other hand, the lack of any Defensive draftees is a pretty good indicator of why our Defense fell off so much from the year before.

On the other hand.. we only lost 2 starters from the defense, so there's that at least :)
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 30, 2016, 10:30:34 pm
it falls on Dooley to develop players for the last 3 years? C'mon, man. Dooley gave him talent to work with and he hasn't developed any of it. NONE>

Dooley signed 23 in his last class and only 8 were still on the 2015 squad. 

opineonswine

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 30, 2016, 10:30:34 pm

Butch Jones is O V E R - R A T E D (say it as the chant).

greenEGnHAWGS

Fact is that Butch and CBB came into there programs when they were nigh unto dumpster fires. AR had 8 enter this year while Tenner had 6. This shows me that there are $ome coaches that can recruit and some that can actually coach. And I'd take a coaching coach any day over just a recruiter.

trphog

I think we'll see Hatcher and Drew get drafted before Cornelius. With our depth at that position I don't think he'll even get the touches to warrant declaring early IMO.

[/qu

Hogwild

You know it is bad when more players were drafted from Germany than Tennessee