Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

bills fans not happy with williams

Started by presidenthog, April 30, 2016, 08:24:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

presidenthog

https://twitter.com/buffalobills/status/726483347833257984

the comments suggest they already have too many RB'S and want WR'S and DB's. some like the pick. most are pissed they took a RB.

Buff

How many of them get paid millions to coach football?

FANONTHEHILL

It's nice to see Buffalo has a lot of fans that have no idea what they're talking about.  Kind of like a Hogville for western New York.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

JIHawg

you find 1 or 2 negative comments on twitter and you have a subject heading that would imply an entire fan base is unhappy with the pick.

HogBreath

Quote from: JIHawg on April 30, 2016, 08:35:26 pm
you find 1 or 2 negative comments on twitter and you have a subject heading that would imply an entire fan base is unhappy with the pick.
On the other hand, he does have a nice avatar.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

PharmacistHog

Well duh, you're reading Hogville. What do you expect?
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Once they watch him run it should change there mind

presidenthog

lol 1 or 2... there is like 1 or 2 "I like the pick" the rest are mad at the staff for taking another rb. I'm not sure what thier depth chart is like but I get the sense that they are deep enough there.

sickboy

Jonathan Williams is going to be a solid NFL running back.

BILLYBOB

Who cares? If he performs, they'll love him...if he doesn't, they'll hate him. Life is pretty simple.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

BPsTheMan

Quote from: presidenthog on April 30, 2016, 08:24:50 pm
https://twitter.com/buffalobills/status/726483347833257984

the comments suggest they already have too many RB'S and want WR'S and DB's. some like the pick. most are pissed they took a RB.

?

?

?

3kgthog

Quote from: Buff on April 30, 2016, 08:28:27 pm

How's it working out for those brilliant coaches and front office folks in Buffalo?

HogMantheIntruder

Should've been prefaced with, "In before someone says...".
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

PorkSoda

Quote from: sickboy on April 30, 2016, 10:21:09 pm
Jonathan Williams is going to be a solid NFL running back.
no doubt.  I really wish we would have got to see him run his senior season here. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HamSammich

If a fan base is mad at a fifth round selection that may not make the team and if he does will be only special teams..... Well that says enough .

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on April 30, 2016, 09:16:54 pm
Once they watch him run it should change there mind

Right. If I didn't know anything about him...and saw one of his runs from 2014, I'd stop and take notice.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

wupigsuey

The same amount that post here
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

a0ashle

You never know how the injury bug will bite, so adding talent to your team is never a bad thing.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on April 30, 2016, 08:31:00 pm
It's nice to see Buffalo has a lot of fans that have no idea what they're talking about.  Kind of like a Hogville for western New York.

Actually the fan base is very knowledgeable. I think it is more the glory years of the 90s spoiled them and they are desiring to go back to those days. But their team has so many holes to fill.

As you say, similar to our fan base.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

RaisinHog

I think it's a bad spot for J-will because they do have so many backs ... Hope he can beat some out

k.c.hawg

Quote from: RaisinHog on May 01, 2016, 09:24:43 am
I think it's a bad spot for J-will because they do have so many backs ... Hope he can beat some out

McCoy and Karlos Williams are the only backs that have any guaranteed money and both of those guys are definitely on that roster for 16. The other guys have no guarantees making them cut bait. J-Wil will get a signing bonus of about $240k which gives him a big leg up on earning a roster spot for at least a year. If they try to sneak him on the practice squad someone would claim him instantly. He's got a full season to show them what he can do.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 01, 2016, 08:49:27 am
Actually the fan base is very knowledgeable. I think it is more the glory years of the 90s spoiled them and they are desiring to go back to those days. But their team has so many holes to fill.

Don't get me wrong, Buffalo has great fans that are very in tune with their Bills.  I've got friends in the Amherst area that are Bills season ticket holders.  They love the pick.  I was referring more to fans that are way of base with their insights and opinions, yet make the most noise.  Personally  I think Jonathan will do well in Buffalo and I'm excited for him.  He's a great young man
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

ChitownHawg

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on May 01, 2016, 11:29:29 am
Don't get me wrong, Buffalo has great fans that are very in tune with their Bills.  I've got friends in the Amherst area that are Bills season ticket holders.  They love the pick.  I was referring more to fans that are way of base with their insights and opinions, yet make the most noise.  Personally  I think Jonathan will do well in Buffalo and I'm excited for him.  He's a great young man

I understood you and know where you were coming from. The uneducated fan, including myself, are a vocal group. We are like ants at a picnic - very annoying and won't go away.  ;D

The only bad thing for JWill going to Buffalo are the winters. Any city on the east side of a Great Lake gets tons of snow and wind. That cold wind cuts like a knife. Yet he is a good young man who will be a trooper for them. As someone said they all will love the pick when they see him run and get to know him. I'm sure he will be a stalwart in the community. 
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

RedyorNot

Our corporate headquarters is in upstate NY and with the exception of a few people, most weren't familiar with JWill. I can tell you after they saw a few videos and read up on him, everyone I've chatted with since yesterday is excited to have him.

Hogarusa

Every comment section in every story in the history of the internet has negative comments. 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

HamSammich

Quote from: Hogarusa on May 01, 2016, 12:31:04 pm
Every comment section in every story in the history of the internet has negative comments.
sixth and seventh round guys hardly ever make the team. And when they do they are Special teams.
Usually the people shouting the hardest on the internet are the dumbest.

bennyl08

Quote from: HamSammich on May 01, 2016, 12:54:25 pm
sixth and seventh round guys hardly ever make the team. And when they do they are Special teams.
Usually the people shouting the hardest on the internet are the dumbest.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2010/5/15/1473181/late-round-draft-picks-survival

From 10 years of 6-7th round picks, the worst team still had 63% of those late round picks playing in at least one game with an overall average of 73% starting at least one game in their career. 22% started for a full season and 2% made a pro bowl.

73% starting a game is not the sort of number I'd say equates to hardly ever make the team. Now, if we are talking about making the week 1 roster, then yeah. However, 3/4 make the roster at some point and start a game.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

hogman99

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 30, 2016, 11:22:03 pm
How's it working out for those brilliant coaches and front office folks in Buffalo?

That's a good question. However, the better question is when are you going to work for the Bills to fix their apparent issues? I wish you luck and I'm sure you will lead them to the Super Bowl.  ::)

pigelow

i'm a Bills fan, and i'm very happy  :D

younghog

GO HOGS

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: wupigsuey on May 01, 2016, 07:34:55 am
The same amount that post here

Can you find the irony in that comment and the one you quoted?  Funny stuff!

East Clintwood

Quote from: Hogarusa on May 01, 2016, 12:31:04 pm

Not true.

Some stories are so boring the they don't have any comments at all.  ;)

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

code red

I just hope that Williams, Collins and Allen are ready to work harder than they every had.  High draft picks often have a hard time making he final 53.  Not saying I don't disagree with the draft order....just keeping it real.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

DeltaBoy

They will be happy soon enough.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

alohawg

Has anyone here seen JWill run hard, cut etc... since his return to health?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

pigelow

GoHogs1091

Not surprising.

The Buffalo Bills fanbase as a whole has not been a happy group since those several Super Bowl appearances.

They are a very loyal fanbase though.  Perhaps the 2nd most loyal fanbase in the NFL after the Green Bay Packers fanbase.

presidenthog

lol I love how I got like 40 smites for showing evidence that buffalo's fan base is a bunch of whiny idiots! lol it is not like I said I don't like jwill.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: presidenthog on May 03, 2016, 12:58:19 am
lol I love how I got like 40 smites for showing evidence that buffalo's fan base is a bunch of whiny idiots! lol it is not like I said I don't like jwill.

Anyone whining about smites shouldn't be talking about others whining.  ;)

On the flip side - I didn't see anything wrong with your post. Definitely not smite worthy. Now this last post is.  ;D

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 01, 2016, 12:43:07 am
no doubt.  I really wish we would have got to see him run his senior season here. 

Me too. You never know how someone will come back following a season ending injury.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

PorkSoda

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on May 03, 2016, 09:56:41 pm
Me too. You never know how someone will come back following a season ending injury.
I mean if he had not gotten injured and had played last season.  he was set to have a phenomenal year.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkRinds

Quote from: presidenthog on May 03, 2016, 12:58:19 am

pigture perfect

They are typical NY'ers. They think they have superior football knowledge to everyone. They will soon see how good he is.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

RazorbackToTheFuture

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 01, 2016, 08:49:27 am

Glory years of the 90s?  I thought that's when the Bills became the acronym for:

Boy
I
Love
Losing
Superbowls

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hog13hog on May 04, 2016, 05:17:03 am
Glory years of the 90s?  I thought that's when the Bills became the acronym for:

Boy
I
Love
Losing
Superbowls

Nice acronym, so if you were a Bills fan you would rather suck than go to the Super Bowl? Of course you would want to win it, but that wasn't in the cards for them. Instead they had to settle for dominating the AFC.

I guess you can say which would you rather be - a team like the Hogs that has been to the SEC championship a couple of times or Ole Miss still looking in through the window? Rethorical question as who would ever want to be Ole Miss?  ;D

A funny acronym that might be useless in the next year or two:

Completely
Useless
By
September
;D

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 03, 2016, 10:07:32 pm
I mean if he had not gotten injured and had played last season.  he was set to have a phenomenal year.

Yes, it would have been great.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

reddogjcss

They will love JWill soon as he gets the ball! JWill is a winner!