Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BA to Jags

Started by greenEGnHAWGS, April 30, 2016, 03:45:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: mhsbc59 on April 30, 2016, 05:05:47 pm
Man nobody really makes what they to declare what they make.  If you look at what they say teachers make 40k a year but then realse that after taxes and what the state takes back, what they take home is closer to 20k.  Everyone knows you dont really take home what is posted on ESPN, but half of half a million is still way more than most even those with college degrees

I'm not arguing that the money is chump change, folks.
I'm saying that a $400,000 salary with the taxes and expenses they have doesn't cut their salary by a third, it leaves a third......And, they may only make that a year, or part of a year.
And they could have a devastating injury doing their job, unlike a teacher.

His money, while more than an ordinary college graduate, is so little in the scheme of things as to be irrelevant. 
What's relevant in BA's situation is that he has a team and can hopefully stick until  a better situation comes along and THEN can make relevant money and have a good career.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

mhsbc59

Quote from: King Kong on April 30, 2016, 04:58:32 pm
It's actually our last 4 to start a game counting Derby
LOL True True True
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: ricepig on April 30, 2016, 05:07:20 pm
His signing bonus will be $125,000, plus around $500,000+ if he makes the squad. Obama will get 39.6%, but 0% state taxes, and that's before deductions that his CPA will get for him. I bet he makes 6 figures in endorsements in NWA, especially if he makes the squad. So, it's not $135,000.

I was basing that off the $400,000 someone posted earlier.
Also, the president doesn't get taxed at the highest rate and you posted a 0% state tax.

Bah.
You are all correct.
BA is set for life.
He'll be lighting up top end Cuban cigars with thousand dollars bills three times a day.

Seth Rogen only wishes he could be BA at this moment.  Multiple Wall Street CEOs just quit in utter disgust at the cruelty of life when compared to BA and joined the peace corps.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 30, 2016, 04:04:52 pm
Maybe Brandon Allen can go under the radar and be the number 2 or 3 qb for as long as possible.

Agree. Get some good game time during injuries and preseason. Wait out the rookie contract and sign a nice deal with a team looking for a young starter.

This is a no pressure situation for him.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

mhsbc59

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on April 30, 2016, 05:12:38 pm
I'm saying that a $400,000 salary with the taxes and expenses they have doesn't cut their salary by a third, it leaves a third......And, they may only make that a year, or part of a year.

His money, while more than an ordinary college graduate, is so little in the scheme of things as to be irrelevant. 
What's relevant in BA's situation is that he has a team and can hopefully stick until  a better situation comes along and THEN can make relevant money and have a good career.

Wish i could have one year making that amount of money id have my house paid off and be able to save all of what i pay in mourage. At BA's age 135,000 even for one year would have set me up pretty good in life right now.

Of course im really good with money so theres that as well
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

ChitownHawg

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 30, 2016, 04:22:45 pm
Happy for BA. The young man got to live his dream of being quarterback of the Arkansas Razorbacks, and was a three-year starter on top of it. Now he is a 6th-round NFL draft selection, will make mid to high six figures, and if he never does anything more than carry a clipboard in the NFL for a couple of years, he will have done more than 100% of his critics.

Am I allowed to hate him a little bit for this? Or at least be green with envy?  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

PonderinHog

Quote from: mhsbc59 on April 30, 2016, 05:21:25 pm
Wish i could have one year making that amount of money id have my house paied off and be able to save all of what i pay in morgaue. At BA's age 135,000 even for one year would have set me up pretty good in life right now
Forget it. He's rolling.

ricepig

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on April 30, 2016, 05:19:55 pm
I was basing that off the $400,000 someone posted earlier.
Also, the president doesn't get taxed at the highest rate and you posted a 0% state tax.

Bah.
You are all correct.
BA is set for life.
He'll be lighting up top end Cuban cigars with thousand dollars bills three times a day.

Seth Rogen only wishes he could be BA at this moment.  Multiple Wall Street CEOs just quit in utter disgust at the cruelty of life when compared to BA and joined the peace corps.

I guess you didn't read the link I posted with the contracts for each draft slot? Florida doesn't have a state tax, correct? Now, when he plays in certain states, he'll be taxed for that game, or that's my understanding of how it works. I don't think anyone said he was set for life, now, if he makes it to a second contract, he'll have a very comfortable living.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: presidenthog on April 30, 2016, 04:52:54 pm
this guy gets it. some  of you have a very wrong impression of how much nfl players really make. what it's really like. you are a guy who makes 250-500k and you hang out with people who bring in 40 million a year. to be a "leader" or "friend" of these poeple you have to somewhat compete life style wise.

Florida doesn't have a personal income tax nor property tax. Even if he only has $150k after all deductions that is more than a lot of people make. And he is living his dream.

BA will be fine.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 30, 2016, 05:20:56 pm
Agree. Get some good game time during injuries and preseason. Wait out the rookie contract and sign a nice deal with a team looking for a young starter.

This is a no pressure situation for him.

Yep Tyler Wilsons only problem was that he was found out early.  It's a shame he couldn't have gone to a team where he wasn't expected to do anything, he could've been collecting paycheck and improved his game as the 2 or 3.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Wish i could have one year making that amount of money id have my house paid off and be able to save all of what i pay in mourage. At BA's age 135,000 even for one year would have set me up pretty good in life right now

This is true.
It's still not much for a professional football player who may not be able to buy a house to help defer taxes and develop an investment.
His response to me:

mhsbc59

Quote from: PonderinHog on April 30, 2016, 05:25:47 pm
Forget it. He's rolling.

Noon drinking is fun and getting my finger to type what im thinking has never been my strong suit.  Im much better in the room so to speak.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 30, 2016, 05:28:25 pm
Yep Tyler Wilsons only problem was that he was found out early.  It's a shame he couldn't have gone to a team where he wasn't expected to do anything, he could've been collecting paycheck and improved his game as the 2 or 3.

I had not thought of TW that way but it does make sense.

LZH

Quote from: Hogwild on April 30, 2016, 04:16:25 pm
And don't forget Chad Henne is a joke. Every time I see his name I can't stop thinking about that song.
Warning NSFW!!!

That's really good.....ha!

mhsbc59

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on April 30, 2016, 05:28:35 pm
This is true.
It's still not much for a professional football player who may not be able to buy a house to help defer taxes and develop an investment.

And i will defer that 135,000 is not alot of money for a professional Athlete if you try to keep up with the veterans.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: mhsbc59 on April 30, 2016, 05:36:29 pm
And i will defer that 135,000 is not alot of money for a professional Athlete if you try to keep up with the veterans.

<<Gives salute of respect>>
His response to me:

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on April 30, 2016, 05:12:38 pm

I truly hope that BA finds success in the NFL, but with his acquired knowledge and experience from all that he has been through, he will make a really fine OC and QB coach for someone at some point or another. Now that said, I would love to see him be a great success in the NFL but if that isn't in the cards for him, he can still be a heck of a coach and have a positive effect on the lives of a lot of young QB's over the coming years. But first things first, succeed in the NFL.
Go Hogs Go!

kodiakisland

Quote from: ricepig on April 30, 2016, 05:25:58 pm
I guess you didn't read the link I posted with the contracts for each draft slot? Florida doesn't have a state tax, correct? Now, when he plays in certain states, he'll be taxed for that game, or that's my understanding of how it works. I don't think anyone said he was set for life, now, if he makes it to a second contract, he'll have a very comfortable living.

You are correct.  He will pay income tax for every state played in that has an income tax, which is why he will need an accountant to keep up with everything.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Hogsolo

If he sticks, his second contract will be 7 figures a year.   

hawgmasta

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 30, 2016, 04:22:45 pm
Happy for BA. The young man got to live his dream of being quarterback of the Arkansas Razorbacks, and was a three-year starter on top of it. Now he is a 6th-round NFL draft selection, will make mid to high six figures, and if he never does anything more than carry a clipboard in the NFL for a couple of years, he will have done more than 100% of his critics.

+1 I'm not sure many thought this would be happening three years ago myself included.

bennyl08

Jaguars is a great place for him to land.

He isn't going to play early and that is EXACTLY what he needs to happen. Do you guys not remember what happened when he had to play too early and how long it took him to recover from that?

Here, BA gets to sit a year, probably on the practice squad while the game slows down for him. Then, if he shows enough, he becomes the backup and Henne gets cut. If BA can't beat out Henne after a year or so, he isn't going to make it into the league regardless. From there, he plays backup over the course of his rookie contract. Bortles appears to be the guy in Jax, so when it comes time, he will likely leave. Brock Lobster got something like 18 million a year for doing nothing in Denver. Play a couple games while Blake gets injured then go out and get a big deal, not a bad shake if you ask me.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

moses_007

Well, I hope they plan to use him as quarterback, and not do to him what they did to Matt Jones. 

Deep Shoat

Quote from: moses_007 on April 30, 2016, 06:36:02 pm
Well, I hope they plan to use him as quarterback, and not do to him what they did to Matt Jones.
When did you get back?
All Gas, No Brakes!

Pig in the Pokey

Wish i could have one year making that amount of money id have my house paid off and be able to save all of what i pay in mourage. At BA's age 135,000 even for one year would have set me up pretty good in life right now.

Of course im really good with money so theres that as well
can't really say that and have a mortgage can you?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Hoggish1

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 30, 2016, 04:04:52 pm
Maybe Brandon Allen can go under the radar and be the number 2 or 3 qb for as long as possible.

That wouldn't be bad.  He needs to learn and then get his shot when he's ready...

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: mhsbc59 on April 30, 2016, 05:12:32 pm
Well I would not agree with all of what you say.  If you don't make it to the final cut at a place where there is a true open competition not even hold on as the scout team guy...you aren't going to make it as a clip board holder anywhere else.

Are you referring to Tyler Wilson? Cuz he had the tools, just not ready mentally. The speed of the game was too much for him and every analyst focused on that since there was such a wide open competition.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Pig in the Pokey

1 year ago i said he'd be drafted. Glad to be right on this on. go jags.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Danimal

Just popped in to say CONGRATS to the young man.  Ya'll can carry on with the arguments now...   ;)

clutch

BA will be fine. Whether he sticks in the league or not. Smart kid and has a bright future ahead of him whether it be in the NFL, coaching, or some other path.

As to the money issue. He's not set for life or anything but he's better off right now than 99% of new college graduates. Most are lucky to walk into a job paying $40k a year for their first couple of years. He will land over $100k. Like I said, he's a smart kid, so I don't see him burning through it all on unnecessary things. He will collect a nice salary this season and either stick in the NFL long enough to get a really nice payday or he won't. If he doesn't, he's still set up pretty well financially for a kid his age. Nothing terrible about starting life after football with $100+K in savings.

ChitownHawg

What was that shove coke up his nose?  ;)

mhsbc59

MATT JONES DID EVERYTHING TO MATT JONES

mhsbc59

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 30, 2016, 06:54:07 pm
can't really say that and have a mortgage can you?

yeah I can since I have a mortgage and my mommy and daddy couldnt set me up. So Sorry i didnt want to wait until i was 50 to buy my home with cash but thanks for playing

mhsbc59

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on April 30, 2016, 07:13:22 pm
Are you referring to Tyler Wilson? Cuz he had the tools, just not ready mentally. The speed of the game was too much for him and every analyst focused on that since there was such a wide open competition.

If he had the tools he would have been given another shot and not having it mentally is not having all the tools

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: mhsbc59 on April 30, 2016, 10:47:42 pm
If he had the tools he would have been given another shot and not having it mentally is not having all the tools

He had the tools. He showed them in college. Accuracy. Toughness. Decent arm strength. Fairly mobile. What he never got use to was the speed of the NFL. Being able to recognize coverage and making reads faster can be taught and learned...but that takes time. What killed him (and is just my opinion) was he was thrown into a fierce QB competition when he was not ready yet. And scouts saw his immediate weakness and lost interest.

Anyways, I didn't want to get into a pissing contest over Tyler Wilson. Congrats to BA again! He ABSOLUTELY deserves this!
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

mhsbc59

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on April 30, 2016, 11:05:54 pm
He had the tools. He showed them in college. Accuracy. Toughness. Decent arm strength. Fairly mobile. What he never got use to was the speed of the NFL. Being able to recognize coverage and making reads faster can be taught and learned...but that takes time. What killed him (and is just my opinion) was he was thrown into a fierce QB competition when he was not ready yet. And scouts saw his immediate weakness and lost interest.

Anyways, I didn't want to get into a pissing contest over Tyler Wilson. Congrats to BA again! He ABSOLUTELY deserves this!

TW had probelms taking snaps under center, reading Defences, and holding onto the ball to long while stair down WR.  TW was a great college QB in a QB friendly system who got a raw deal in his last year.  Of all the QB in Oakland that year none of them lasted the year there.  If TW was NFL material he could have lasted a year no matter his faults.

congratulations to BA I think you have a better chance to be in the league awhile

Hogarusa

Completely disagree with those saying Jacksonville
Is a good place to land. It isnt.  Bortles is a stud and they like Henne so much they signed him to a 2 year $8 million contract in the offseason. BA will have some work to do
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Hogarusa on May 01, 2016, 12:29:55 am
Completely disagree with those saying Jacksonville
Is a good place to land. It isnt.  Bortles is a stud and they like Henne so much they signed him to a 2 year $8 million contract in the offseason. BA will have some work to do

There's no place in the nfl Brandon Allen could've been drafted and started in my opinion . 

1highhog

Quote from: Wildhog on April 30, 2016, 04:10:44 pm
There are a lot worse things than being a backup QB in the NFL.

Heck yeah, if Brandon can show he can play and learn the system fast of any team he plays for and make the plays, all he has to do is stick around the League long enough to earn his pension and he's set for life, not a bad gig.  Of course we all want to see him play, just pointing out that being a lifetime backup is not bad either.

alohawg

No kidding, back-up QB in the league is a better gig than 99.99999% of the experts here have.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc