Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AC to Seatle (sic0

Started by mhsbc59, April 30, 2016, 02:28:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Starcs

Heineken???

C'mon man. That's dos equis

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

threeNout

ricepig

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on April 30, 2016, 06:34:32 pm
Heineken???

C'mon man. That's dos equis

Maybe he wants to be that goofy dude dancing on the train?

dhizzle

I think it's a shame a highly recruited guy that played outstanding football in college gets drafted after drake that played very little football because of injuries. I also think it looks bad because Alex was a 5 star player and he went in the fifth round. Anyways he will an outstanding RB because he's shifty and has power.

Foshodo

Quote from: Hogs run wild on April 30, 2016, 06:05:55 pm
Seahawks got a steal imo. AC showed he could be the man when he had to be. All this against some of the best competition.

So did Knile... Hope for the best but it doesn't always translate...

JIHawg

Quote from: dhizzle on April 30, 2016, 07:18:24 pm
I think it's a shame a highly recruited guy that played outstanding football in college gets drafted after drake that played very little football because of injuries. I also think it looks bad because Alex was a 5 star player and he went in the fifth round. Anyways he will an outstanding RB because he's shifty and has power.

Sounds like you're trying to make the Hogs look bad.

hoglady

Quote from: JIHawg on April 30, 2016, 07:31:45 pm
Sounds like you're trying to make the Hogs look bad.

Well - this wasn't an outstanding NFL draft for the Hogs.
AC was a highly recruited player, had 3 straight 1,000 yd season's in the SEC - if he had played at Bama or LSU where would he have gone??
Everyone of these guys except Hunter and BA hurt themselves at the combine.
We've got to do a better job of trying to help them prepare better, non of the guys last year did very well at the combine, either. Where they get drafted does affect us.
Ohio St just had the best 48 hours for recruiting purposes that any team could hope to have.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Bubba's Bruisers

Because fans live in a vacuum.  It's why they're surprised when their players don't end up where expected.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on April 30, 2016, 07:49:12 pm
Well - this wasn't an outstanding NFL draft for the Hogs.
AC was a highly recruited player, had 3 straight 1,000 yd season's in the SEC - if he had played at Bama or LSU where would he have gone??
Everyone of these guys except Hunter and BA hurt themselves at the combine.
We've got to do a better job of trying to help them prepare better, non of the guys last year did very well at the combine, either. Where they get drafted does affect us.
Ohio St just had the best 48 hours for recruiting purposes that any team could hope to have.

Yep, Herbert said he wished they would stay and train with him, but they all hire agents who funnel them to different training guru's.

alohawg

Most concerned about his job security in the NFL award for 2016 goes to RB Christine Michael- Seattle Seahawks.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hoglady

Quote from: ricepig on April 30, 2016, 07:55:10 pm
Yep, Herbert said he wished they would stay and train with him, but they all hire agents who funnel them to different training guru's.

Well - maybe a light will come on and guys will start realizing how important that combine is.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

WooPig90

Crowded backfield..hopefully he separates himself

air

Glad to see Seattle draft AC in the 5th round!  Look forward to go watch him play at CenturyLink Field this coming season running in tandem with Rawls.  WPS and Go Hawks.

BigSexyHog

Not everyone can be picked 1st.... what do you want everyone to get a trophy?????  Geez grow up
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

kp72204

Quote from: mhsbc59 on April 30, 2016, 02:29:57 pm
i cant hate Seattle now if he is playing lol
This..... I live in Oak Harbor and can't stand the Seahawks. Now I can just cheer for him.

k.c.hawg

Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: hoglady on April 30, 2016, 05:42:12 pm
No one forced DMac to sign that 2nd contract with Oakland.
I know it was huge contract and it would have been hard to turn that down - but he still had many years in those legs. Career and legacy wise the 2nd contract with Oakland was a terrible mistake.

His 2nd contract with Oakland was only a one year deal and for a minimal amount of money. He was in no demand, basically resigned there to stay in the league and get a shot somewhere else. His rookie contract was for 6 years, the last couple of years Oakland could have cut him with no real cap hit but chose to make him the highest paid rb in the game even though results had not been good. Contract was (1 year $1.75m with $100k of that as a signing bonus)
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: k.c.hawg on May 01, 2016, 07:38:10 am
His 2nd contract with Oakland was only a one year deal and for a minimal amount of money. He was in no demand, basically resigned there to stay in the league and get a shot somewhere else. His rookie contract was for 6 years, the last couple of years Oakland could have cut him with no real cap hit but chose to make him the highest paid rb in the game even though results had not been good. Contract was (1 year $1.75m with $100k of that as a signing bonus)

I thought his second contact was for 4 millions.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10591322/darren-mcfadden-re-signs-oakland-raiders

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: sickboy on April 30, 2016, 04:24:50 pm
I have a feeling Elliott's going to be the best running back drafted in years.

Either way, after picking Zeke -- why would the Cowboys waste a pick on Alex Collins. Too much defensive needs to do that.

Yes.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: sickboy on April 30, 2016, 04:24:50 pm
I have a feeling Elliott's going to be the best running back drafted in years.

Either way, after picking Zeke -- why would the Cowboys waste a pick on Alex Collins. Too much defensive needs to do that.

I'm not so sure about that. Time will tell. My point was, they should have drafted defensive talent first (which they need more than a RB) and then they could have picked up either J-Will or AC later in the draft.
Go Hogs Go!

k.c.hawg

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 01, 2016, 07:52:55 am
I thought his second contact was for 4 millions.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10591322/darren-mcfadden-re-signs-oakland-raiders

Salary       Signing       Roster        Workout
2014   Player Cash Earnings   $1,250,000     $100,000     $224,000      $144,000   -   -   -   $1,718,000

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 01, 2016, 07:58:25 am
I'm not so sure about that. Time will tell. My point was, they should have drafted defensive talent first (which they need more than a RB) and then they could have picked up either J-Will or AC later in the draft.

We saw what happened last year with no RB to produce a serious threat in the running game -- Romo got killed.

That offense, with a stud at RB, can put serious pressure on the opposing team's defense, and allow Romo to take advantage of play action.

IMO this a the closest thing to a game changer Dallas could draft at that position.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

rzrbackramsfan

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/04/30/seattle-seahawks-wrap-phenomenal-weekend-five-nfl-draft-picks

Seahawks recap their draft.

When asked if alex Collins fumbling dropped him in the draft, Seahawks gm said definitely it caused him to be taken later. 

I feel like that settle the he-could-not-have-improved-draft-status argument.  One more productive year with no fumbles, especially if he could've one the doak walker, he could've been a second rounded.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on May 01, 2016, 08:28:06 am
http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/04/30/seattle-seahawks-wrap-phenomenal-weekend-five-nfl-draft-picks

Seahawks recap their draft.

When asked if alex Collins fumbling dropped him in the draft, Seahawks gm said definitely it caused him to be taken later. 

I feel like that settle the he-could-not-have-improved-draft-status argument.  One more productive year with no fumbles, especially if he could've one the doak walker, he could've been a second rounded.

And you are leaving out several things. One, next year's draft for RBs will be even stronger so no guarantee he could have improved. Second, his senior year could have been an injury year thus potentially dropping him. At least now if an injury happens he is getting paid. Third, both the scout and Pete said his fumbling was NOT an issue. They felt he could be trained out of it.

So the subject isn't so "settled" as you presumed.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: k.c.hawg on May 01, 2016, 08:15:20 am
                                           Salary       Signing       Roster        Workout
2014   Player Cash Earnings   $1,250,000     $100,000     $224,000      $144,000   -   -   -   $1,718,000

Link?

ChitownHawg

PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

King Kong

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 01, 2016, 08:43:43 am
I copied this link from the BA thread.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/

Spotrac is more accurate than the ESPN report saying he signed for 4 million?

What am I missing here some sort of unachieved bonus?

Edit: I found a link that explains the difference in Hogintennessee ESPN link and Spotrac

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/11/report-raiders-bring-back-darren-mcfadden-on-one-year-contract/

k.c.hawg

Almost all NFL, NBA and MLB contracts are widely available with proper web sites. Sprotrac or rotoworld are the two I prefer. Here is a link to all of DMAC's contracts.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/darren-mcfadden/cash-earnings/

One of the interesting things you see in DMAC's contracts with Oakland is for 3 years in a row he lost $844k of base salary for not reaching incentives.

Dr. Starcs

Bigdaddyhawg, romo being injured had more to do with that than the rb's.

Dmac still was 4th in the league in rushing.

mhsbc59

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 01, 2016, 08:35:39 am
And you are leaving out several things. One, next year's draft for RBs will be even stronger so no guarantee he could have improved. Second, his senior year could have been an injury year thus potentially dropping him. At least now if an injury happens he is getting paid. Third, both the scout and Pete said his fumbling was NOT an issue. They felt he could be trained out of it.

So the subject isn't so "settled" as you presumed.

BOOM blow them arguments up with real knowledge
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

rzrbackramsfan

The thing about the running backs being better is that arguably the top 3 rbs are better this year but you can't tell me that you know anything about the rb quality from one year to the next for rbs 4-12.  Maybe Alex wouldn't have came up and gone from the 11th or 12th rb to number one but he possibly could've moved up to the 4th best running back and if it such an elite rb class a team might be willing to take the 4th best rb in the class. 

I'm glad he went to the Hawks though

hawgmasta

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on May 01, 2016, 10:25:16 am

That's what I don't understand; Dmac has been injury prone but last year he didn't even start the whole year. He hasn't torn his acl/mcl and is still under 30 with less tred with most pros in their late 20s. Opposing defenses knew Dallas had to run it with their terrible quarterback play without Romo.They could've taken the best DB (Ramsey) and gotten Chubb, Fournette or Cook next year. Just dumb.

hawgmasta

And he still was a top 5 rusher in the league.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on May 01, 2016, 11:26:12 am
The thing about the running backs being better is that arguably the top 3 rbs are better this year but you can't tell me that you know anything about the rb quality from one year to the next for rbs 4-12.  Maybe Alex wouldn't have came up and gone from the 11th or 12th rb to number one but he possibly could've moved up to the 4th best running back and if it such an elite rb class a team might be willing to take the 4th best rb in the class. 

I understand your logic and agree somewhat. Yet we have to acknowledge the risk of injury. This is why there is a common saying that RBs have so many hits in them. Here is an article discussing the short shelf of on an NFL RB.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/07/31/running-backs-shelf-life-arizona-cardinals/2603313/

bigdaddyhawg

Lack of consistent/dominating run game as they had in 2014 was a big factor in Romo being injured was my point.

That's a misleading stat.  How far below was he versus what Murray did the year before? 

Murray (2014) 1,845
DMac (2015) 1,089

Almost 800 yards different, which is a lot.

Jerry's boy knows Romo's time is limited, and he also knows the hardest thing to do in the entire NFL is find/develop a winning QB.  IMO they had no choice but to give Romo every chance to be successful right now. 

And Elliot gives them that chance more than any defender who was available, without question.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 01, 2016, 11:55:59 am
I understand your logic and agree somewhat. Yet we have to acknowledge the risk of injury. This is why there is a common saying that RBs have so many hits in them. Here is an article discussing the short shelf of on an NFL RB.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/07/31/running-backs-shelf-life-arizona-cardinals/2603313/

Agreed, there is still the risk of injury, however had ac had another season like last and came out healthy he probably would've moved up in the draft to the third, maybe the second, if he won the doak walker, maybe even the first.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on May 01, 2016, 12:38:30 pm
Agreed, there is still the risk of injury, however had ac had another season like last and came out healthy he probably would've moved up in the draft to the third, maybe the second, if he won the doak walker, maybe even the first.

In February he was being considered the third best. Then the combine happened and he began to slip. I'm wondering if the interviews went very well? JWill comes across as intense and AC comes across as laid back - Buddha like. I could see his fun loving personality not clicking with some of the teams.

Watch the Seahawks' presser. Their GM is laid back and joking with the media. The scout was the same way. I think PC is too, so AC fits in. Just guessing.

Biggus Piggus

Moral of the story: The only Hogs who had any business being in this year's draft were Henry, Allen and Tretola. The others screwed up bigtime.
[CENSORED]!

bennyl08

Romo got hit more times per game with Murray than without.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 01, 2016, 12:49:02 pm
In February he was being considered the third best. Then the combine happened and he began to slip. I'm wondering if the interviews went very well? JWill comes across as intense and AC comes across as laid back - Buddha like. I could see his fun loving personality not clicking with some of the teams.

Watch the Seahawks' presser. Their GM is laid back and joking with the media. The scout was the same way. I think PC is too, so AC fits in. Just guessing.

Very possible, of course his combine numbers were bad, and then I think the perception that he was a fumbler from his freshman year killed him because scouts didn't research or didn't believe that he had corrected ball security.

I started my argument before he got drafted though, 5th is not the worst I suppose.

MuskogeeHogFan

May 01, 2016, 01:10:28 pm #91 Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 01:22:27 pm by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on May 01, 2016, 12:55:46 pm
Moral of the story: The only Hogs who had any business being in this year's draft were Henry, Allen and Tretola. The others screwed up bigtime.

I would agree with this though I thought Collins would go higher than he did. J-Will could have used another year at Arkansas to re-establish the dominant runner that he can be (post injury) which would have probably (projection here) have seen him go higher next year barring an injury. Kirkland, no question that he shouldn't have gone out this year and given that he didn't even allow Bielema to sit down and discuss it with his family prior to making a decision, he had already made his decision and didn't want to hear what Bielema might have advised. That probably cost him a boatload of money up front.

Of course, hindsight is 20/20.
Go Hogs Go!

Hogarusa

Quote from: moses_007 on April 30, 2016, 02:49:26 pm
The Cowboys were stupid to pass on him.  I wonder why Jerry Jones doesn't think more highly of Arkansas players than he does?  He has seen AC run for three years in his stadium.

You dont draft Zeke with the 4th overall pick and sign Alf Morris just to draft another RB later in the draft.  They had bigger needs.

Seattle is a good spot to land.  Great franchise.  Thomas Rawls is really good and Seattle likes Christine Michael, but he hasnt exactly ever done anything great.  Seattle certainly didnt help AC with drafting 3 RBs. 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

bennyl08

Quote from: Hogarusa on May 01, 2016, 01:16:46 pm
You dont draft Zeke with the 4th overall pick and sign Alf Morris just to draft another RB later in the draft.  They had bigger needs.

Seattle is a good spot to land.  Great franchise.  Thomas Rawls is really good and Seattle likes Christine Michael, but he hasnt exactly ever done anything great.  Seattle certainly didnt help AC with drafting 3 RBs.

Hawks had a good draft though. They needed help badly on the OL and DL and needed to replace Lynch. They got a good first round OL and an arguably top 20 overall player on the DL in the second round. Then, they sold out hard to find Beast Mode's replacement.

Just went and watched Procise's highlights and sadly, he actually runs a lot like Collins but without the speed problem. He has that same ability to cut hard on a dime and get back to full speed in a blink. He also has a lot more experience in the passing game than Collins. However, rushing wise, he is so far just a one year wonder so Collins has him beat with experience and dependability there, though also with more tread off his tires as well.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

hei5manhog

I'm not sure where I fall on Jwill/Alex's decision. I just think RBs have very little value to teams outside of an elite guy like Elliot (who knows, he may not live up to it either) Had they came back I still don't think they get higher than 4th round and then there's an extra year of pounding on their bodies which may make them fall to the 5th anyway. Catch 22 right? Kirkland screwed up bigtime, obvs.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

Hogdomer

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on May 01, 2016, 11:26:12 am

Next's years running back class will include Fournette, Chubb, Dalvin Cook, Christian Mccaffrey, Samaje Perine, Jalen Hurd, Kareem Hunt (Toledo) and Wayne Gallman (Clemson).  He was better off coming out this year.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on May 01, 2016, 12:55:46 pm

I agree with this to a point.  Allen and Tretola had no choice and Henry was the top rated TE so he might as well go early.  Kirkland screwed up.  Not sure if he got bad advice from a family member or what but BB said he only had one OL ready for the pros and that was ST.   Williams, who knows but time will tell. 

Collins on the other hand, might as well   He's not going to get any bigger, any faster, any stronger or amass any better stats than he has for 3 successive years plus he proved he was durable, unlike Williams.  He had no character issues and coming back only exposed him to injury.  There will always be a plethora of RB's coming out of college so there's no guarantee he'd be any better positioned than he was this year.  If I were him, I'd have gone as well.   Wish the guy nothing but the best and he'll go down as one of my favorite players just because of what he had to endure to get here and how he handled himself on the hill. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Biggus Piggus

Collins went after Williams - who missed the season - and was picked by a team that selected another back in the third round. Kinda really not so good. Better to return to school and get a little better. Didn't hurt Kenneth Dixon, did it.
[CENSORED]!

Boarcephus

Don't have a lot of choice on who picks you.  IMO, he's not going to get that much better by playing another year (unlike Kirkland) and he runs the risk of a major injury. I'd have gone as well.   
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Bubba's Bruisers

Kirkland was the real loser in all this.  Terrible mistake.

I'm mixed on the RB's, but lean to them making the right call to enter early.  They're RB's for crying out loud, which is probably the position most worth the risk.  Especially if you're a good, but not special back, which fit both AC and JW.  RB's of their caliber go in the later rounds these days.  And I doubt they were going to improve their stock...especially if it's true that next draft will include a stronger RB class.  So Not worth the risk of injury at a position that might be the most injury prone in FB. 

The only surprise in the draft for me, other than Kirkland being undrafted, was Tretola not going until the 6th. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15