Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AC to Seatle (sic0

Started by mhsbc59, April 30, 2016, 02:28:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mhsbc59

I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

younghog

FREAKING AWESOME..

Can't beat that.. Heck he might be a starter by game 3

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

greenEGnHAWGS

Waaaaaaay too late but an AWESOME place for him to fall to.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Dirttrackhog

mhsbc59

i cant hate Seattle now if he is playing lol
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

phadedhawg

Welcome to seattle Alex!  So excited!!!!  Go Hawks!

luke hawg

ADavisTheGOAT

That's the best possible place he could have landed. And he did! Congrats Alex!
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

hawgmasta

Quote from: Hogfan991 on April 30, 2016, 02:31:39 pm
That's the best possible place he could have landed. And he did! Congrats Alex!

Very good spot, could've been worth the wait!  ;D

MuskogeeHogFan

Some guys go high and get more money up front but sometimes they are landing in bad places. Others have to wait and get less money but land in a better place that gives them greater opportunities for the future. Let us hope that is the case for AC landing in Seattle with Carroll.
Go Hogs Go!

RazorChuck

Finally one of my favorite hogs goes to the team I love in the NFL!

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 30, 2016, 02:39:26 pm
Some guys go high and get more money up front but sometimes they are landing in bad places. Others have to wait and get less money but land in a better place that gives them greater opportunities for the future. Let us hope that is the case for AC landing in Seattle with Carroll.

So true. I wonder what McFadden wouldve rather went to Oakland where he did in the draft, or drop a couple rounds and land in Denver/New England/Green Bay.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

alohawg

Seahawks like dreads.  :) Go Alex!
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on April 30, 2016, 02:44:20 pm
So true. I wonder what McFadden wouldve rather went to Oakland where he did in the draft, or drop a couple rounds and land in Denver/New England/Green Bay.

If McFadden would have had a good to great O-Line early in his career he might be lauded as one of the all time greats in the NFL right now. That just proves the point that this is a team game and if you don't have good talent surrounding you, you can't do it all by yourself. As good as Barry Sanders was, it was his desire to move to a team with a good O-Line and a shot at the Super Bowl that caused him to eventually check-out early. You can only take a beating for so long and the average shelf life of an NFL RB is generally short to begin with.
Go Hogs Go!

moses_007

The Cowboys were stupid to pass on him.  I wonder why Jerry Jones doesn't think more highly of Arkansas players than he does?  He has seen AC run for three years in his stadium.

phadedhawg

So excited he's a seahawk.  The family tore the walls down when he was announced. 

Professor Psychosis

Seahawks will play the Bills in week 9.  Monday Night Football.  Would be cool if both AC and JWill played significant snaps in the game.  Doubtful, but then again, you never know.

mhsbc59

If Alex mom didnt want him coming to Arkansas because it was so far from South Florida, what she going to do now that he has to go the the Pacific north west lol

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: moses_007 on April 30, 2016, 02:49:26 pm
The Cowboys were stupid to pass on him.  I wonder why Jerry Jones doesn't think more highly of Arkansas players than he does?  He has seen AC run for three years in his stadium.

Jerry should have focused on defense early and picked up J-Will and/or AC later. They could have had either one and either would have done a fine job for them. He has a good O-Line but the Cowboys need to shore up their defense first at this point. Elliott was an unnecessary and wasted early choice, but that's just my opinion.
Go Hogs Go!

alohawg

I don't get it either, it's as if he a avoids drafting Arkansas players. I wish he had traded down to bottom of the 1st and gotten HH plus another high value pick if offense was the first pick and then add a RB in 3rd/4th. Not liking Jerry right now.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 30, 2016, 02:48:39 pm
If McFadden would have had a good to great O-Line early in his career he might be lauded as one of the all time greats in the NFL right now. That just proves the point that this is a team game and if you don't have good talent surrounding you, you can't do it all by yourself. As good as Barry Sanders was, it was his desire to move to a team with a good O-Line and a shot at the Super Bowl that caused him to eventually check-out early. You can only take a beating for so long and the average shelf life of an NFL RB is generally short to begin with.

I completely agree. It's sad most nfl fans don't understand just how good he was coming out of college. All they know him for is an off and on career cuz he went to Oakland.

irk

AC will join Seahawks RB Thomas Rawls,rtf rt another Enos coached player.  Rawls was recruited by Enos out of HS for CMU but went to Michigan where he had an uneventful career.  After completing his senior season Rawls contacted Enos and enrolled at CMU as a grad student.  Rawls was an outstanding RB at CMU and went to Seattle as a free agent last season.   He finally got to play for Seattle and was fantastic.  He was injured late last season but is returning to Seattle this season and is projected to be a starter.  AC and Rawls are both excellent. Rawls runs harder downhill but AC has better moves.

AC will l the Seattle area, beautiful area and great fans who know their footballRTT

ChitownHawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 30, 2016, 02:39:26 pm

Dmac comes to mind.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

Pigasaurus

If memory serves, Jones could have got Mallett for about 800k a few years ago.  They are what 1-13 without their starting qb the last couple seasons.  His avoidance of players he should be familiar happens too much to be accidental. 
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

HogBreath

Quote from: pigasaurus on April 30, 2016, 03:40:06 pm
If memory serves, Jones could have got Mallett for about 800k a few years ago.  They are what 1-13 without their starting qb the last couple seasons.  His avoidance of players he should be familiar happens too much to be accidental. 
Jerry is also real good at avoiding the playoffs.  I really like Elliott, think he's a heck of a back, but that was a dumb move by Jerry.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

sickboy

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 30, 2016, 02:58:20 pm
Jerry should have focused on defense early and picked up J-Will and/or AC later. They could have had either one and either would have done a fine job for them. He has a good O-Line but the Cowboys need to shore up their defense first at this point. Elliott was an unnecessary and wasted early choice, but that's just my opinion.

I have a feeling Elliott's going to be the best running back drafted in years.

Either way, after picking Zeke -- why would the Cowboys waste a pick on Alex Collins. Too much defensive needs to do that.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Passed on BA for Prescott as well.
While that's not obscene by any means, it makes me feel like JJ only takes Hogs if it's a slam dunk, obvious choice for some reason.

Heck, on the NFL channel,  they were talking a possible BA to Dallas pick as high as the 4th round.  So this isn't just my homerism.

Quote from: alohawg on April 30, 2016, 02:59:46 pm
I don't get it either, it's as if he a avoids drafting Arkansas players. I wish he had traded down to bottom of the 1st and gotten HH plus another high value pick if offense was the first pick and then add a RB in 3rd/4th. Not liking Jerry right now.

These ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Großer Kriegschwein

Pick Analysis:

Collins fits what Seattle likes in it's runners-a downhill, power-back with enough speed to break through the 2nd level. Their RB depth is shaky so Collins should get plenty of opportunity to contribute early. --Mark Dulgerian
This is my non-signature signature.

ChitownHawg

PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: alohawg on April 30, 2016, 02:59:46 pm

He took Felix in the first round and that went so-so. 

mhsbc59

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 30, 2016, 04:36:44 pm
Seahawk's scout who followed AC

http://www.seahawks.com/video/2016/04/30/aaron-hineline-draft-day-3-press-conference

very nice sounds like they really like him and that he could start out as there kick returner

ChitownHawg

Quote from: mhsbc59 on April 30, 2016, 04:56:40 pm
very nice sounds like they really like him and that he could start out as there kick returner

The few times he returned for us he did a pretty good job. The one thing people overlook is he hasn't been playing football long. He has a lot of growing still.

RyeHogFan

It'll be interesting to see Collins and C.J. Prosise battling for a roster spot this year. Perhaps Collins' ability to return kicks will help him.

alohawg

Seattle just drafted Zac Brooks RB Clemson..
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

hoglady

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 30, 2016, 02:48:39 pm

No one forced DMac to sign that 2nd contract with Oakland.
I know it was huge contract and it would have been hard to turn that down - but he still had many years in those legs. Career and legacy wise the 2nd contract with Oakland was a terrible mistake.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hawgmasta

Quote from: alohawg on April 30, 2016, 05:25:19 pm

Interesting. . .

Großer Kriegschwein

Have to replace Marshawn. Selling out to do that.
This is my non-signature signature.

Hogsolo

Preach it brother.  No way a RB is worth that high draft pick.  Too many hits and injuries at the position.  They are desperate to win now and that is what that pick is.   Horrible.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hoglady on April 30, 2016, 05:42:12 pm
I know it was huge contract and it would have been hard to turn that down - but he still had many years in those legs. Career and legacy wise the 2nd contract with Oakland was a terrible mistake.

Depends on what other teams were offering. If Raiders are offering $10mil more then legs or not you take the money.

hog.goblin

that's just my opinion too

Hogsolo

I think he's avoiding the complaints from the fan base about drafting Razorbacks.   

hawgmasta

Quote from: IAMHogholio on April 30, 2016, 05:47:28 pm
I think he's avoiding the complaints from the fan base about drafting Razorbacks.

I bet Jerry reads hogville every night.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: hawgmasta on April 30, 2016, 05:48:57 pm
I bet Jerry reads hogville every night.

Probably while lighting top end Cuban cigars with thousand dollar bills and drinking Yoohoo made from 24 karat gold in chilled champagne glasses made from the dreams of unicorns made solid.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

ricepig

Quote from: alohawg on April 30, 2016, 05:25:19 pm

I watched him in high school for 3 years, he isn't a power back by any definition. He actually played WR for one of those years, I always thought he was a better WR, than RB.

Hogs run wild

Seahawks got a steal imo. AC showed he could be the man when he had to be. All this against some of the best competition.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

hoglady

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 30, 2016, 05:46:25 pm
Depends on what other teams were offering. If Raiders are offering $10mil more then legs or not you take the money.

I said the money would have been hard to turn down.
But you also know when signing it you are losing whatever chance you have at a good NFL career.
I think DMac has recently acknowledged staying with Oakland was a mistake.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hoglady on April 30, 2016, 05:42:12 pm

True, but sometimes the "numbers" and what they mean for you and your family get in the way of logical thinking as it relates to a longer term career and a legacy. I think that a lot of these guys, once they reach the NFL, adopt a line of thinking that involves getting as much as possible in terms of compensation as they can get right now, because they know that the likelihood of a long term career in the NFL as a RB isn't good. One wrong move, one tackle at the right angle, one wrong twist, can end or diminish the longevity of your career.

I can't blame them but this is exactly why where you land is such a crap-shoot. You go for the big money, you are probably headed for a team that desperately needs a big time RB but may not have a great  O-Line. If you have to wait and go later in the draft, you may get less money, but you may actually have a better opportunity for the future (even if it takes more time) because no one expects you to come in and be "the answer" immediately. And maybe in the process, if you remain healthy, you get traded to a team with a better O-Line where you have a chance to be all that you are capable of being?
Go Hogs Go!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hoglady on April 30, 2016, 06:08:39 pm
I said the money would have been hard to turn down.
But you also know when signing it you are losing whatever chance you have at a good NFL career.
I think DMac has recently acknowledged staying with Oakland was a mistake.

Sorry. I probably should have been a bit more clear. My point is adding $10mil (or whatever the amount was) is hard to call a terrible mistake. Telling you boss to take a flying leap and getting fired is a terrible mistake. IMHO

hawgmasta

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on April 30, 2016, 06:00:54 pm
Probably while lighting top end Cuban cigars with thousand dollar bills and drinking Yoohoo made from 24 karat gold in chilled champagne glasses made from the dreams of unicorns made solid.

That sounds like he should run for president, or the "most interesting man in the world" position over at Heineken.