MY favorite NFL team..

Good spot for him

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

BigSexyHog

Very nice. Congrats to JWILL #wps
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

greenEGnHAWGS

Good for JWill! Good spot for him to land.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hawgmasta

They have a decent squad and we know Ryan loves to run! He can backup shady McCoy and learn till he's ready.

Hogberry Snortcake

Wonder if the new OLine coach put in a good word.  Congrats, JWill.  WPS!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on April 30, 2016, 01:47:51 pm
Good for JWill! Good spot for him to land.
I agree have had injury and depth issues for last 5 years or so, might be a really good spot!

Been saying it for a while JWill>AC I guess the NFL agrees ;)

presidenthog

April 30, 2016, 01:54:15 pm #6 Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 02:14:53 pm by presidenthog
that is a great spot for jwill. I figured AC was gonna slide but I figured people would take him before jwill just because he was injured  I'm ready for someone to take brandon and get the real steal in this draft.

younghog

Freaking awesome spot for him.. Hopefully he will have a great career as he fits the scheme well.

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

jjdlc

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 30, 2016, 01:51:11 pm
I agree have had injury and depth issues for last 5 years or so, might be a really good spot!

While I agree in general, I think a lot of teams that have already taken backs are making a huge mistake.  AC still ran for 1k three strait years, in the SECW, and stayed healthy while doing it.  The fumble thing is the only real knock, and that can be corrected.  I think AC will have a long productive NFL career even if he isn't pro bowl caliber.

hawginbigd1

I think is 100 about his speed, I believe he is a pro RB! Much to HV dismay he is one of the slower upper echelon backs! He is quick but not fast, which is relative for sure, I am not running with him in 10 feet, but I am not an nfl DE or LB!

Hogarusa

He'll have work to do to get reps in front of Shady/Karlos but if patient and works hard, could be a nice spot to be in 2-3 years.  Obvious run first squad as long as Ryan is head boss there
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

RME

Quote from: Hogarusa on April 30, 2016, 02:12:50 pm
He'll have work to do to get reps in front of Shady/Karlos but if patient and works hard, could be a nice spot to be in 2-3 years.  Obvious run first squad as long as Ryan is head boss there

Was thinking the exact same thing. Buffalo already has a pretty deep backfield, but he definitely could've ended up in worse places.

hawgmasta

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on April 30, 2016, 02:14:06 pm
Was thinking the exact same thing. Buffalo already has a pretty deep backfield, but he definitely could've ended up in worse places.

And Jwill has some great hands so hopefully he shines there and plays early.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 30, 2016, 02:08:04 pm
I think is 100 about his speed, I believe he is a pro RB! Much to HV dismay he is one of the slower upper echelon backs! He is quick but not fast, which is relative for sure, I am not running with him in 10 feet, but I am not an nfl DE or LB!
That would be to very few Hogvillians' dismay. It's been discussed on here ad nauseam.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

aredwolfrazorback

With all the beers and all the cheers, I'm a hog fan for the rest of my years.

UA 2010
ASU 2008

aredwolfrazorback

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 30, 2016, 01:51:11 pm

While AC was/is great....JWill is supreme. We only caught glimpses. That guy could be really good if he can stay healthy.
With all the beers and all the cheers, I'm a hog fan for the rest of my years.

UA 2010
ASU 2008

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: younghog on April 30, 2016, 01:45:03 pm
MY favorite NFL team..

Good spot for him

GO HOGS

I'm happy for J-Will. Loves his family and feels a responsibility to them, I wish he and AC every possible success. God bless both of those young men...but I sure wish we had both of them for another year.
Go Hogs Go!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Poppa Tart on April 30, 2016, 02:30:41 pm
That would be to very few Hogvillians' dismay. It's been discussed on here ad nauseam.
I hear you but there was a whole bunch of posters coming in here after the LSU game about how AC was plenty fast because he had a long TD run, or before that the long run against TT you know the one where he got caught from behind with about an 8 yard lead at 50 yards, so it is a little more widespread than your representation.

younghog

GO HOGS

younghog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 30, 2016, 02:42:51 pm
I'm happy for J-Will. Loves his family and feels a responsibility to them, I wish he and AC every possible success. God bless both of those young men...but I sure wish we had both of them for another year.

u2
GO HOGS

moses_007

He'll have to learn how to play in the bitter cold and the snow.

pigelow

i'm also a bills fan, so i'm very happy. with McCoy's off the field issues and Karlos Williams concussions problems, J-Will may actually see field pretty quick.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: moses_007 on April 30, 2016, 02:56:53 pm

Better to have to learn to play in it all the time than land with a team that is accustomed to playing in warmer weather and then having to adapt on short notice. But that said, I was once offered a job in Buffalo and turned it down because of the average weather pattern up there. I hate cold weather. But big money can make people do things they wouldn't do ordinarily, plus, Buffalo isn't necessarily his final destination either.
Go Hogs Go!

hawginbigd1

Anybody said how close to a 100% he is right now?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: moses_007 on April 30, 2016, 02:56:53 pm
not til late october/november tho lol. he def got a darn deal compared to AC and HH.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 30, 2016, 03:20:58 pm
not til late october/november tho lol. he def got a darn deal compared to AC and HH.

Not necessarily. Buffalo isn't known for warm weather, especially with the "lake effect' coming off of Lake Erie. The weather is unpredictable up there. Average snowfall of 40.5 inches per year with an average temp per year of 48.3 degrees. Great in late Spring and Summer, not so much in the Fall and Winter.
Go Hogs Go!

Großer Kriegschwein

Pick Analysis:

The draft slot does not match the talent here, but with his injury history, it makes sense. With exceptional feet, balance, power, and quickness Williams was among the best RBs in the SEC before sitting out 2015 with a foot injury. This could be a long-term steal if he stays healthy. --Mark Dulgerian
This is my non-signature signature.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Hogarusa on April 30, 2016, 02:12:50 pm

There were better places to land, but you make the best of what you get.
Breaking in for playing time may be tough unless McCoy gets hurt again or leaves for some reason.

Grats to JWill and good luck!
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Hogsolo

Per the Bills they are looking at him to fill in on special teams and wait his turn.   Sucks, wish he'd have gone to a better spot. 

ChitownHawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 30, 2016, 03:30:00 pm
Not necessarily. Buffalo isn't known for warm weather, especially with the "lake effect' coming off of Lake Erie. The weather is unpredictable up there. Average snowfall of 40.5 inches per year with an average temp per year of 48.3 degrees. Great in late Spring and Summer, not so much in the Fall and Winter.

Agree about the weather. I worked for a company with its HQ in Buffalo. Great people and great food. Weather stinks.

I think the fans will love JWill's attitude and hard work.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: IAMHogholio on April 30, 2016, 05:37:59 pm
Per the Bills they are looking at him to fill in on special teams and wait his turn.   Sucks, wish he'd have gone to a better spot. 

If he makes a significant impression in camp and work outs prior to camp, all of those perceptions can change.
Go Hogs Go!

moses_007

The Bills just drafted their best running back since O.J. Simpson.

HogBreath

Quote from: moses_007 on April 30, 2016, 06:40:11 pm
The Bills just drafted their best running back since O.J. Simpson.
You forgot about Thurman Thomas didn't you?

But seriously, JWill can be a star in the NFL, especially in the right scenario.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

hawgmasta

Quote from: HogBreath on April 30, 2016, 07:02:14 pm

But seriously, JWill can be a star in the NFL, especially in the right scenario.

Used to love the ole Thomas train. JWill could be similar.

bennyl08

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 30, 2016, 05:41:05 pm
If he makes a significant impression in camp and work outs prior to camp, all of those perceptions can change.

That is a pretty big IF though.

Bill's RB roster currently includes Shady McCoy, one of the elite backs in the NFL. Karlos Williams who was very productive his rookie season. Mike Gillisle (sp?) the former gator who is their power back, and then James Wilder jr who tbh I've never heard of before.

With injuries that inevitably happen, I'd be surprised if JWill didn't get some carries. However, the impression he would have to make to move into the top 3 on the depth chart would include beating out McCoy or beating out two guys who averaged over 5.6 yards per carry. It's possible, but he probably starts off the season on the practice squad.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: HogBreath on April 30, 2016, 07:02:14 pm

Pretty sure they drafted marshawn lynch, Fred Jackson and cj spiller too, I'd be happy to see j will have the career of any of those guys

clutch

Quote from: IAMHogholio on April 30, 2016, 05:37:59 pm

Nothing wrong with being a special teams player and waiting your turn. It can prolong the career of the NFL running back by giving them a few years where they don't take a beating. The career of the average NFL back isn't very long. Could be a good way to ensure that he sticks around long enough to draw that NFL pension.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Quote from: younghog on April 30, 2016, 01:45:03 pm
MY favorite NFL team..

Good spot for him

GO HOGS

Mine too, since the 3rd round of the 1973 draft. (Joe Ferguson)

WPS!!!!
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 30, 2016, 02:44:59 pm
I hear you but there was a whole bunch of posters coming in here after the LSU game about how AC was plenty fast because he had a long TD run, or before that the long run against TT you know the one where he got caught from behind with about an 8 yard lead at 50 yards, so it is a little more widespread than your representation.
Fair enough. I do remember those runs and the fans who claimed they proved all of us "haters", who have known that AC does not have elite top end speed, wrong. When I disagreed with you, I was only thinking of those of us who are at least D+ students of the game. Sometimes I forget how low the class average is. ;)
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Razorbacker79

Quote from: bennyl08 on May 01, 2016, 01:09:46 pm
That is a pretty big IF though.

Bill's RB roster currently includes Shady McCoy, one of the elite backs in the NFL. Karlos Williams who was very productive his rookie season. Mike Gillisle (sp?) the former gator who is their power back, and then James Wilder jr who tbh I've never heard of before.

With injuries that inevitably happen, I'd be surprised if JWill didn't get some carries. However, the impression he would have to make to move into the top 3 on the depth chart would include beating out McCoy or beating out two guys who averaged over 5.6 yards per carry. It's possible, but he probably starts off the season on the practice squad.

I didn't know much about James Wilder, Jr., either but I remember James Wilder as a running back for Tampa Bay in that franchise's early days.  Looked it up and sure enough that's his son--who played for Florida State.  Had one good year at FSU but didn't get drafted--played for the Bengals before coming to Buffalo.

Quote[The senior James] Wilder was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the second round of the 1981 NFL Draft. After he shared the backfield as a rookie with Jerry Eckwood in 1981, the Buccaneers released Eckwood in favor of Wilder prior to the 1982 season.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Wilder

Now wouldn't it be ironic if JWill took Wilder, Jr.'s roster spot?  Granted it's not as much as replacing a starter, but still...
I'm pretty confident JWill is a better running back so should at least make third or fourth string--and wouldn't be surprised to see him do better than that.
Turn up that damn jukebox!!

LMS

One cool and positive thing (at least, I think it is), is that Chris Gragg is also with Buffalo and knows what it takes as a rookie and beyond. I hope he kind of takes Jonathan under his wing and is a mentor/big brother to him, both football related and life related, and really helps him not go crazy out there. I know JWill is a smart, strong willed guy, so I'm not really worried about him going crazy with his money, but he's in a new city that's cold and a big change from playing in Texas and Arkansas, on a team where he's gonna have to work harder than he's ever worked before. It'd be nice to have someone in his corner. And I know Hogs look out for other Hogs  :razorback: