Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tunsil

Started by Dirttrackhog, April 28, 2016, 09:47:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: presidenthog on April 29, 2016, 05:46:43 am
old news sort of. I mean the bama fans don't act like it's a big deal. Ole Miss going down is much bigger than bama losing a coac . they won't get in any trouble over it
What is he supposed to have done?

EFBAB

jkstock04

Maybe I don't know the whole story...but I'm not understanding what would prompt this guy to say this in front of the cameras at the NFL draft?

I'm purely speculating but I'm gonna guess either he is pissed at his coaches for something and wanting to get back at them. Or, the NCAA already knew about this via their "investigation" a while back and it isn't going to make one bit of difference (this obviously being the best case scenerio for Ole Miss).

I've often wondered with all the wild claims of cheating among the blue chip teams in the SEC...what's keeping these immature kids from really squealing (anything beyond 2nd and 3rd hand rumors). Well, here ya go...got a guy admitting it to live cameras...at the NFL draft nonetheless. LOL.

My bet is the NCAA does nothing.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: regi on April 28, 2016, 11:06:31 pm
Only OleMiss could have 3 players taken in the 1st round for the 1st time in school history, yet still have a terrible night. It is so OleMiss. I agree with McShay. Terrible night for OleMiss. Trash gonna be trasb though.

And STILL couldn't win the SEC west the whole time they were there.................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Pork Twain

Quote from: thebignasty on April 29, 2016, 12:11:07 am
Dear old misses compliance;

Jaramy Tonsil said he done got money from coaches on tv.

Go to hell.

-bignasty
Corliss, is that you?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

RacinRazorback

Soooo......now OlePiss will do an "in House" investigation, Suspend themselves from the SEC west for 1 year, cut back on the amount of payment to players and limit the $$$$ that can be given to the families. Self imposed, no need for the NCAA! Aint this the way the NCAA works?

Seebs

When you do things like CHF you need to cheat and leave before you get  caught. This moron wants to set up shop there. HE should follow the Calipari and Carroll models of leaving scorched earth behind them.

Now he becomes Spartacus 
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

SRV

Thanks for the F shack.

Love Dirty Laremy and the boys.
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: aredwolfrazorback on April 29, 2016, 03:48:29 am
It was a video not a picture. In the video he raises the mask.

http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1017322

Woops. Yes just saw the video where he raises the mask, definitively him

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Sivad on April 29, 2016, 01:12:58 am
Hopefully Ole Miss is fixing to go back to being Ole Miss.

"How ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm
After they've seen Paree'
How ya gonna keep 'em away from Broadway
Jazzin around and paintin' the town
How ya gonna keep 'em away from harm, that's a mystery
They'll never want to see a rake or plow
And who the deuce can parleyvous a cow?
How ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm
After they've seen Paree'?"
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

SRV

Quote from: luke hawg on April 28, 2016, 11:12:15 pm
Coach freeze this recruiting party is dope with all the free liquor and weed but what's that brown thing floating in the punch bowl?

Now that's funny right there.
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

bigdaddyhawg

old news sort of. I mean the bama fans don't act like it's a big deal. Ole Miss going down is much bigger than bama losing a coac . they won't get in any trouble over it

May be old news to you, but this is the first I've seen of it.

And the OP is right.  Bama's getting their asses covered.  Again.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Hogwild

Bo Davis has been with Saban forever. They were together at Bama, Miami, and LSU. This isn't some young rouge assistant. 

hogsfan31

Everyone knows Bama cheats and has for years. So that wasn't a shocker when this came out.

Ole Miss arrived out of nowhere.

Be surprised if anything happens to either one of them.

ricepig

Correct, the folks over at UAB are nervous though, the NCAA will probably pull the plug on them, that'll teach Bama/Saban......

RME

April 29, 2016, 08:10:47 am #65 Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 08:35:51 am by RyanMallettsEgo
Quote from: go hogues on April 28, 2016, 10:28:24 pm
OM is bulletproof. If anything, this will land them four more 5*'s in this class. Smh
Quote from: BentonvilleJeff on April 29, 2016, 12:31:07 am
We will see if the NCAA has any balls. I don't think they do but violations were admitted on national tv. Grow some and punish them!

Can someone explain to me why this train of thought exists? Some people act like the NCAA won't do anything because Ole Miss is suddenly an untouchable program...I don't get that. They won the Sugar Bowl last year. Congratulations, they had one year.

But why does that/what makes them untouchable? They are nowhere near a lot of teams in terms of success in the last 5 years or so, so why WOULDN'T the NCAA produce punishment?

On another note, there's speculation that it was Tunsil's stepdad who posted the bong video to Twitter and the messages between Ole Miss staffers to his Instagram. Of course it's all probably overblown sensationalism, but what a story: "Thanks, stepdad, for losing me roughly $13 million in the Draft."

http://nesn.com/2016/04/laremy-tunsils-stepdad-denies-involvement-in-shocking-draft-night-social-media-posts/

Pigsknuckles

Twitter is a tool of the debil. When will people learn that anything posted on social media is there forever, and will raise it's ugly head at the most inopportune time.  Social media awareness training, and maybe even monitoring, needs to occur continuously from new recruit orientation forward. Would be a good idea to include staff in that mix.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

luke hawg

I know Bama cheats and really am past caring. Ole Miss, on the other hand, is probably going to get smacked.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on April 29, 2016, 08:10:51 am
Twitter is a tool of the debil. When will people learn that anything posted on social media is there forever, and will raise it's ugly head at the most inopportune time.  Social media awareness training, and maybe even monitoring, needs to occur continuously from new recruit orientation forward. Would be a good idea to include staff in that mix.

How can the truth sneaking out be of the debil?

The truth is what it is.  The fact is sneaks out every once in a while is not a bad thing.

The person who did the behavior getting leaked might not agree with that conclusion, but they are the ones who did the behavior, they have no leg to stand on.

Pork Twain

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on April 29, 2016, 08:10:47 am

Can someone explain to me why this train of thought exists? Some people act like the NCAA won't do anything because Ole Miss is suddenly an untouchable program...I don't get that. They won the Sugar Bowl last year. Congratulations, they had one year.

But why does that/what makes them untouchable? They are nowhere near a lot of teams in terms of success in the last 5 years or so, so why WOULDN'T the NCAA produce punishment?

On another note, there's speculation that it was Tunsil's stepdad who posted the bong video to Twitter and the messages between Ole Miss staffers to his Instagram. Of course it's all probably overblown sensationalism, but what a story: "Thanks, stepdad, for losing me roughly $13 million in the Draft."
http://nesn.com/2016/04/laremy-tunsils-stepdad-denies-involvement-in-shocking-draft-night-social-media-posts/
I asked this same thing in another thread.  People on here come up with some of the most off-the-wall BS ever.  Since when has Ole Miss become some sort of a media darling or protected commodity?

lahawg1

I'm willing to bet the stepfather that got his azz whipped knows a lot more about the video and the twitter posting than he is admitting.

hogsanity

Quote from: Pork Twain on April 29, 2016, 08:26:33 am
I asked this same thing in another thread.  People on here come up with some of the most off-the-wall BS ever.  Since when has Ole Miss become some sort of a media darling or protected commodity?

And you get no answer either. Basically any team that gets talked about positively, other than the Hogs, is somehow being artificially pumped and protected by the media.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The_Iceman

Nothing will happen to Ole Miss. We've seen this before.

DeltaBoy

Well the Wheels could be coming off the bus at Ole Miss.;
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PorkRinds

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 29, 2016, 08:41:11 am
The Mississippi valley college for the blind will get the death penalty for their basketball program.  That's about it.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

I don't think we've ever seen a player this fresh out of college admitting to taking money from a COACH though. Those are the two things that makes this big. 1) I mean, the NCAA is still investigating down in OM, not like he's talking about 20 or 10, or even 5 years ago. 2) He admitted it was a coach. Not a booster, not a bag man, not some hospitable fan. A coach. That's why I think there's serious legs to this.

Also interested if what he sat out this past year was due to exactly this. AJ Green got, what, 3 games for selling a jersey? You would think Tunsil would have gotten it a lot worse. That's why I think this is news to the NCAA as well.
ched come back pls

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 29, 2016, 08:21:38 am
How can the truth sneaking out be of the debil?

The truth is what it is.  The fact is sneaks out every once in a while is not a bad thing.

The person who did the behavior getting leaked might not agree with that conclusion, but they are the ones who did the behavior, they have no leg to stand on.

Was commenting in more general terms, and in no way trying to hide or justify the ugly truth. Regardless of anyone's opinion here towards OM, there will likely be many good kids who have worked their butts off, and made a commitment to a program. And they are the ones who will ultimately suffer for the sins of a few. We have to do whatever we have to do to mitigate the possibility of that occurring here.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

hogsanity

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on April 29, 2016, 08:10:51 am

You would think by now people would have figured that out, but just about every day we hear of some getting fired or having embarrassing pictures show up, etc from stuff they post on social media. Of course since people feel the need now to post every second of their lives, well, you get what you deserve.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

RME

We have seen it before, and we've seen both sides of the spectrum.

We've seen the NCAA drop the hammer (USC) and also sit back and do very little (Oregon, Miami, Ohio State).

It's up in the air at this point, but as I stated earlier, I don't see why people would consider Ole Miss untouchable. They are nowhere near the tradition or recent success levels of those 4 teams I named above (save maybe Miami), so unless for some reason the NCAA wants to "protect" the SEC as a whole, I just don't see why Ole Miss is untouchable.

hogsanity

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on April 29, 2016, 08:54:43 am
We have seen it before, and we've seen both sides of the spectrum.

We've seen the NCAA drop the hammer (USC) and also sit back and do very little (Oregon, Miami, Ohio State).

It's up in the air at this point, but as I stated earlier, I don't see why people would consider Ole Miss untouchable. They are nowhere near the tradition or recent success levels of those 4 teams I named above (save maybe Miami), so unless for some reason the NCAA wants to "protect" the SEC as a whole, I just don't see why Ole Miss is untouchable.

A lot of it depends on how the school treats the NCAA. If they find out you lied to them, they drop the hammer. If you cooperate, they tend to be more lenient, pretty much like the justice system in some aspects.

HogsonHicks

The NFL Draft has a huge viewing audience, and on a day of great hype, Ole Miss and Tunsil embarrassed himself, his new team, Ole Miss, and to some degree, the NFL as the provider of the pulpit.

Point is, this announcement was so much more than typical SEC fan bitching. This news overshadowed the draft. You don't one-up the NFL and not have ramifications.

Ole Miss is likely hosed.

PonderinHog

thebignasty

theFlyingHog

I'm guessing the NCAA has no power to "subpoena" coaches bank account records?

Fatty McGee

Quote from: HogsonHicks on April 29, 2016, 08:57:09 am
The NFL Draft has a huge viewing audience, and on a day of great hype, Ole Miss and Tunsil embarrassed himself, his new team, Ole Miss, and to some degree, the NFL as the provider of the pulpit.

Point is, this announcement was so much more than typical SEC fan bitching. This news overshadowed the draft. You don't one-up the NFL and not have ramifications.

Ole Miss is likely hosed.

At the end of the day it's just sports. Big time college and pro sports are not where one should be looking for ethical standards anyway.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

DLUXHOG

I think Ole Miss is going to get hosed badly by the NCAA....   The NCAA is itching to make an example of a program right now and I'll bet that they see this as a golden opportunity..........(especially since Ole Miss isn't Notre Dame, Texas, etc..)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: hogsanity on April 29, 2016, 08:57:04 am
A lot of it depends on how the school treats the NCAA. If they find out you lied to them, they drop the hammer. If you cooperate, they tend to be more lenient, pretty much like the justice system in some aspects.

That's the deal. Ole Miss "cooperated" and didn't say anything about the fact they were paying bills for Tunsil's mom. They conceded a bunch of lesser stuff. Cheating appears to be integrated into the athletic department. Holy crap. They practically have a bursar for illegal payments.
[CENSORED]!

earshot

Having a Coach handle paying a player and texting said player about it - That is just brain dead dumb.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 29, 2016, 09:05:51 am
That's the deal. Ole Miss "cooperated" and didn't say anything about the fact they were paying bills for Tunsil's mom. They conceded a bunch of lesser stuff. Cheating appears to be integrated into the athletic department. Holy crap. They practically have a bursar for illegal payments.
At least it's being properly accounted for then...

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: regi on April 28, 2016, 11:06:31 pm
Only OleMiss could have 3 players taken in the 1st round for the 1st time in school history, yet still have a terrible night lose to Memphis. It is so OleMiss. I agree with McShay. Terrible night for OleMiss. Trash gonna be trasb though.

010HogFan

Quote from: earshot on April 29, 2016, 09:06:16 am
Having a Coach handle paying a player and texting said player about it - That is just brain dead dumb.

...and this whole time, we all thought Ole Miss was "good" at the whole cheating thing.

LRrazorback

Has it been mentioned that coach beaver took the top two players from that class and moved them down in the draft.  If you want to see your stock drop go to Mississippi

RME

Quote from: LRrazorback on April 29, 2016, 09:14:15 am
Has it been mentioned that coach beaver took the top two players from that class and moved them down in the draft.  If you want to see your stock drop go to Mississippi

Well this post is on a completely different subject, but I can't resist.

You're saying the #1 ranked recruit in each year's class should be the #1 draft pick when they enter or else their "stock has dropped"? That's an interesting way to look at it.

Torqued pork

Quote from: presidenthog on April 29, 2016, 05:17:37 am
umm.. we are the sec. our reputation has been dirty rotten cheaters and a win at all costs conference for years.
I know. Bama and Auburn beat the Rebels to jail decades ago.

Pulled(PP)pork

The Cam Newton defense will be used....Hugh the Beaver will claim he knew nothing about it, rogue coach, and will fire the guy

PP

HogNuttz

I have a source that says Bama paid Tunsil to say those things so Ole Miss would be a smoke screen for what is going down at Bama.  Also, I have another source that says the hand lighting the bong in the Tunsil video belongs to none other than Houston Nutt.  My sources are credible as am I.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

LRrazorback

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on April 29, 2016, 09:19:27 am

You're saying the #1 ranked recruit in each year's class should be the #1 draft pick when they enter or else their "stock has dropped"? That's an interesting way to look at it.

Not necessarily but they were can't miss prospects coming out of hs and slid a little. Anything to pour salt on this Mississippi wound

SoonerSooie

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on April 28, 2016, 10:52:09 pm
factcheckers gif is appropriate here as well

Priceless and Timeless!!  LOL!!!
WPS

Been10Hog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on April 29, 2016, 09:19:27 am

I think he was referring to both Tunsil and Nkemdiche being drafted much lower than projected

hogsanity

Quote from: PonderinHog on April 29, 2016, 09:07:34 am
At least it's being properly accounted for then...

Proper cash accounting is so important, good to see they were on top of it.