Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tunsil

Started by Dirttrackhog, April 28, 2016, 09:47:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: Kevin on April 29, 2016, 02:46:00 pm
Why can't people just tell the truth 

Tunsil is no longer a student athlete, he doesn't have to meet with the NCAA.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ricepig on April 29, 2016, 02:52:11 pm
Tunsil is no longer a student athlete, he doesn't have to meet with the NCAA.

And there's no way he already has his degree. Boy is rock-hard stupid.
This is my non-signature signature.

010HogFan

He's gonna have to talk at some point. I imagine he's getting heavily briefed as we speak.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Quote from: 010HogFan on April 29, 2016, 02:56:40 pm
He's gonna have to talk at some point. I imagine he's getting heavily briefed as we speak.
We're working on hour, what, 19 hours of briefing now? Are they trying to invade France or something?
ched come back pls

010HogFan

Quote from: Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson on April 29, 2016, 03:10:11 pm
We're working on hour, what, 19 hours of briefing now? Are they trying to invade France or something?

We are talking about Mississippi.

navyhog24

I don't know if anyone has seen these but figured I would add them here

Hog Fan from Camden

oldman1015

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 29, 2016, 11:35:27 am
Was it KevinOMRebel that was so incensed about all these accusations recently?  The Ole Miss version of ALLVOL?  Can't wait to hear his take.
I have an ole miss neighbor I have been texting all day. no answer yet.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

The_Iceman

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: oldman1015 on April 29, 2016, 03:44:07 pm
I have an ole miss neighbor I have been texting all day. no answer yet.

They are having a secret meeting in the woods next to Lake Sardis with white robes and hoods on to discuss the situation...........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

bphi11ips

Same reason we all just can't get along.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Dropkick

He said, I just got high, its not like I jumped out of a building or something!

Sivad

Quote from: 010HogFan on April 29, 2016, 02:56:40 pm
I imagine he's getting heavily briefed as we speak.
By Ole Miss lawyers.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 29, 2016, 11:42:20 am
Mmmm, he hid the fact he was brought and paid for his services at OM for FOUR FREAKING YEARS, and now you want to give him kudos for admitting it AFTER he's cleared out and can't lose any eligibility?

Maybe you're just a guy with a great heart who leans towards giving everybody a huge benefit of the doubt, if so I understand that, and I don't want to bash you, but there's a point where wisdom should come into play in evaluating such circumstances.

Awww...give the kid a break. He just lost 13 Million dollars.  /S
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

navyhog24

Pigsknuckles

Holy Diogenes Batman...that's deep.  :)
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

elviscat

The funnest thing that happen last night was after the interview with LT, Huge Freeze vacated the building. He was not their for the other two Ole Piss draftees. He didn't want to answer any questions. Great night to celebrate Ole Piss accomplishment but it was tarnished by the pot smoking and the release of the instant media messages. Ole Piss, looks to be toast after this.

hobhog

its almost like people in the media are scared to even address the issue about Bama dismissing a Coach for recruiting violations. Need to send a big thank you to Tunsil....

hawganatic

Quote from: ricepig on April 29, 2016, 07:57:27 am
Correct, the folks over at UAB are nervous though, the NCAA will probably pull the plug on them, that'll teach Bama/Saban......

This joke is just so old.  Somebody makes the same comment about XXX school getting hammered because of what XXX (elite school) does in every thread about violations.

Tyro3

Quote from: Dropkick on April 29, 2016, 04:13:44 pm
He said, I just got high, its not like I jumped out of a building or something!

I laughed!

Mike_e

We may have to go old school and start calling him Larry Tonsils.
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

PorkSoda

I hope they both get hammered.  its tough to compete in recruiting against schools that are cheating and get away with it.

I read a court document a while back regarding a High School that was under investigation.  the teacher pretty much admitted that if saban wanted a player, that player would be eligible no matter what it took.  changing grades, test scores, whatever it took.

of course bama didn't catch a bit of heat from it.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 29, 2016, 02:02:55 pm
Bama thing is a bigger deal than Tunsil. You guys must have cheater-fatigue, like the people that won't run from a hurricane. Coach Bo was Bama's equivilent of the on-staff-bagman (cheater co-ordinator). Losing him means they are caught red-handed. The Bamamers themselves are freaking but Hogville defends them. Hogville's notorious man-crush on Saban really disgusts me. SHAME. You should feel it, Bama-lovers!

Sim Ma Don Na Bra
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Andrew Hogfan

I hate both of them. I wish the NCAA would hammer them. Sadly, they won't. Nothing will happen.
WPS!!!

ricepig

Quote from: hawganatic on April 29, 2016, 05:21:42 pm
This joke is just so old.  Somebody makes the same comment about XXX school getting hammered because of what XXX (elite school) does in every thread about violations.

Yes, but just like "pull my finger" it's time honored, true, and always appropriate.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on April 29, 2016, 04:47:44 pm
Awww...give the kid a break. He just lost 13 Million dollars.  /S

Yeah, he'll be a pitiful $5,000,000 aiire.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

RazorbackBassist

BadHog

Whoever hacked Tunsil's account should get a Pulitzer Prize.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Großer Kriegschwein

April 29, 2016, 06:45:00 pm #179 Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 06:58:15 pm by Großer Kriegschwein
Quote from: BadHog on April 29, 2016, 06:35:42 pm

Probably will. Presented by the FBI.

Here's an interesting look:

No matter what, recruiting will be more difficult going forward. The Rebels signed an excellent class in February in spite of an NCAA investigation that dragged through three recruiting cycles. Offensive tackle Greg Little from Allen, Texas, appears capable of stepping in and starting at left tackle just as Tunsil did as a true freshman. Quarterback Shea Patterson seems to be a terrific replacement for senior Chad Kelly.

But recruits considering Ole Miss will now be treated at every turn to video of Tunsil's apparent admission. (This admission isn't as useful as you might think in an NCAA enforcement context. Tunsil would have to say the same thing to an NCAA investigator, and he is under no obligation to speak to them.) Rival schools will claim the NCAA hammer is coming in an attempt to keep the best players out of Oxford. And the NCAA's enforcement department, sniffing more smoke, will want to question every player interested in Ole Miss. The experience could be so unpleasant that it may not be worth the trouble.

Tunsil's words on Thursday probably won't get Freeze fired. They won't cause the program to immediately crumble. But unless the Rebels have that specific explanation and the documentation to back it up, the future looks considerably muddier.

http://www.campusrush.com/laremy-tunsil-ole-miss-football-nfl-draft-1764454539.html

Cave City Joe

Has anyone been on an Ole Piss board to see what they are saying
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

Sivad

Quote from: BadHog on April 29, 2016, 06:35:42 pm
Let him walk through the "A" at the Ole Miss game in Fayetteville this year.

hawgwash

Quote from: Cave City Joe on April 29, 2016, 07:37:05 pm
Has anyone been on an Ole Piss board to see what they are saying
Yes.  They've been wronged by jealous rivals and a disloyal local journalist.  Whether allegations are true or not is irrelevant.  This will blow over soon and ultimately contribute to the Ole Miss renaissance.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 29, 2016, 08:45:30 am
Well the Wheels could be coming off the bus at Ole Miss.;
PLEASE PLEASE let it be so!!!  ;D

Dropkick

Hog N Bama

Quote from: hobhog on April 29, 2016, 05:18:56 pm
its almost like people in the media are scared to even address the issue about Bama dismissing a Coach for recruiting violations. Need to send a big thank you to Tunsil....
Talk about a distraction lined with gold!

AirForceHog

If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

Großer Kriegschwein

From the Rant

It was like getting a colonoscopy aired on ESPN during a time of its highest viewership.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: elviscat on April 29, 2016, 05:01:24 pm
The funnest thing that happen last night was after the interview with LT, Huge Freeze vacated the building. He was not their for the other two Ole Piss draftees. He didn't want to answer any questions. Great night to celebrate Ole Piss accomplishment but it was tarnished by the pot smoking and the release of the instant media messages. Ole Piss, looks to be toast after this.
Yeah, he was "there" for LT every step of the way until, Boom, dat fool VANISHED.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

bondhue

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 29, 2016, 11:35:27 am
Was it KevinOMRebel that was so incensed about all these accusations recently?  The Ole Miss version of ALLVOL?  Can't wait to hear his take.
Let's just say someone posted a twitter pic of an OM recruit visitor with Benjamins in hand, and someone who had been poopooing the idea of OM recruiting violations locked the thread.  That's all I know.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

Hogwild

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on April 29, 2016, 09:11:18 pm
From the Rant

It was like getting a colonoscopy aired on ESPN during a time of its highest viewership.

HOGGISHABOUTAR

The Tunsil situation in Oxfart is intriguing. I have a hard time imagining that anyone on the planet, that knows absolutely anything about college football was never suspicious of Ole Misery and their recruiting classes. Some of it was pure luck, like having two brothers both super talented going to school where momma could watch both of them play on Saturdays, (both dopeheads) but for the most part, everyone was suspicious, especially those of us that have spent time in this tiny southern town with not much to offer anyone other than a great beer pong party.
I live just outside Memphis so Ole misery is constantly on the news here for both good and bad (mostly bad).  The latest news from Oxfart is obviously bad, but I have to be honest and say I think THEY WILL WEASEL THEIR WAY OUT OF THIS. I have no idea how they can, but bet they do. It seems in our society nowadays we give to many second and third chances to these institutions that constantly do the WRONG thing while all along, preaching about academics, and how great their Gods are. Hugh Freeze needs to man up and resign, yes resign. He needs to quit being a hypocrite and hiding behind the bible like he always does. His schtick is both old and pansy. He is a product of good timing and nothing else. He is the Ted Cruz of college football. Once again though, I betcha he will pray really hard and weasel his way out of this.

go hogues

They have Archie, a grass tailgate park and Katy Perry...They're bulletproof.

If anything, all the attention will bring in even more 5* talent.

All PR is good PR.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

HOGGISHABOUTAR

You may be right, BUT the NCAA microscope may be on them now, unless the Freezer can somehow pray that away also. Like I said though, I bet they WEASEL their way out. and I do mean WEASEL.

Justifiable Hogicide

hobhog

Sounds like it will blow over other than being a PR nightmare.....

Pulled(PP)pork

elviscat

Ole Miss, message board is in meltdown stage. They are truly pissed.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: go hogues on April 30, 2016, 12:09:42 pm
They have Archie, a grass tailgate park and Katy Perry...They're bulletproof.

If anything, all the attention will bring in even more 5* talent.

All PR is good PR.

Maybe, but all probation is not good probation.