Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 25, 2024, 09:32:18 am

Tunsil

Started by Dirttrackhog, April 28, 2016, 09:47:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

secneahog

Quote from: Been10Hog on April 29, 2016, 09:42:10 am
I think he was referring to both Tunsil and Nkemdiche being drafted much lower than projected

Both have enormous baggage.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

RME

Quote from: secneahog on April 29, 2016, 09:45:52 am
Both have enormous baggage.

Ha yeah. Tunsil's issues are obvious, and Nkemdiche fell off a 4th floor balcony after smoking synthetic pot. I don't think it matters what school you go to, who coaches you, or how talented you are, that stuff is gonna make your stock drop regardless.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on April 29, 2016, 09:21:13 am
The Cam Newton defense will be used....Hugh the Beaver will claim he knew nothing about it, rogue coach, and will fire the guy

PP
Except Tunsil was texting the Assistant AD asking for money..

Pork Twain

Quote from: hogsanity on April 29, 2016, 08:57:04 am
A lot of it depends on how the school treats the NCAA. If they find out you lied to them, they drop the hammer. If you cooperate, they tend to be more lenient, pretty much like the justice system in some aspects.
Based on the fact that they have been under the microscope for a while now, tells me that this might hit them even harder because I doubt they voluntarily told the NCAA that they were paying players and now this comes out within the same one year period.  NCAA will not be thrilled with them withholding info.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pork Twain

Quote from: theFlyingHog on April 29, 2016, 10:01:55 am
People continue to overlook this.  Those screen shots could end up being damning.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 29, 2016, 08:45:30 am
Well the Wheels could be coming off the bus at Ole Miss.;

Don't you mean "the teeth could be coming off the woodchuck"?
This is my non-signature signature.

Pork Twain

Sadly, I do not care about Bama.  Cheating or not, they are going to be great.  Ole Miss should not be recruiting like they are and I want them hammered.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: theFlyingHog on April 29, 2016, 10:01:55 am
well, color me stupid

PP

ricepig

The lady that ushered Tunsil off the podium at the draft last night was an Ole Siss graduate.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ricepig on April 29, 2016, 10:36:10 am
The lady that ushered Tunsil off the podium at the draft last night was an Ole Siss graduate.

Yep. The nafoom people knew her by name

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Pork Twain on April 29, 2016, 10:24:51 am
People continue to overlook this.  Those screen shots could end up being damning.

Eh.  No one did much after OK State revelations. 

Let Tunsil sell an autograph or two and he won't need to get any $ from the school for mama's electricity.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Fatty McGee on April 29, 2016, 10:38:04 am

Let Tunsil sell an autograph or two and he won't need to get any $ from the school for mama's electricity.

I somehow knew you'd blame the system.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: ricepig on April 29, 2016, 10:36:10 am
I figured it was Freeze's wife. lol

The Hawg Marshal

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe 2m2 minutes ago

Ole Miss football support staffer Barney Farrar told me he has not given Laremy Tunsil money and that Tunsil did not ask him for any money.
0 retweets 1 like

Torqued pork

I would love to see Bama go down more than any other program.

We've shown we can beat Ole Miss under any circumstance.

I've almost forgotten what a win over Bama feels like.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Pork Twain on April 29, 2016, 10:24:51 am

Doesn't appear to be a lack of institutional control, but rather institutionalized cheating.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

moehog

Hope Ole Piss gets the hammer but I respect the young man for owning his issues
"There is no hope for the satisfied man."

ricepig

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on April 29, 2016, 10:42:36 am

Ole Miss football support staffer Barney Farrar told me he has not given Laremy Tunsil money and that Tunsil did not ask him for any money.
0 retweets 1 like

Well of course he didn't, he had someone else do it......

Boles Hog

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on April 29, 2016, 10:42:36 am

0 retweets 1 like
Athletic Department "speak"....very similar to "I have not spoken to anyone at <Insert University name> regarding their coaching vacancy

azhog10

Quote from: ricepig on April 29, 2016, 10:58:35 am
Well of course he didn't, he had someone else do it......
Exactly, I wouldn't expect them to just come out and admit it. It's not like they have atual txt messages of them discussing paying ath...........oh wait :puke:

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Hogwild on April 29, 2016, 07:40:15 am
Bo Davis has been with Saban forever. They were together at Bama, Miami, and LSU. This isn't some young rouge assistant. 

Sacrificial lamb?
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: moehog on April 29, 2016, 10:51:04 am
Hope Ole Piss gets the hammer but I respect the young man for owning his issues

Apparently it doesn't take much to earn your respect.

He first denied it, claimed his twitter account was hacked, said that wasn't him, THEN finally started to come clean when he realized he was in a pickle.

Yep, all honor should go to good ol' Laremy!!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogsfan31 on April 29, 2016, 07:43:26 am
Everyone knows Bama cheats and has for years. So that wasn't a shocker when this came out.

Ole Miss arrived out of nowhere.

Be surprised if anything happens to either one of them.

Old miss has a reputation for cheating in the past just like Bama does.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

April 29, 2016, 11:24:54 am #124 Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 07:24:18 am by Inhogswetrust
The two biggest words for coaches are  "Plausible Deniability". It's the first two they learn after "mommy" and "daddy" when they are born.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

bondhue

I guess it won't do any good for anyone to lock this thread, since it was broadcast on national t.v.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

PorkRinds

Was it KevinOMRebel that was so incensed about all these accusations recently?  The Ole Miss version of ALLVOL?  Can't wait to hear his take.

moehog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 29, 2016, 11:19:18 am
Apparently it doesn't take much to earn your respect.

He first denied it, claimed his twitter account was hacked, said that wasn't him, THEN finally started to come clean when he realized he was in a pickle.

Yep, all honor should go to good ol' Laremy!!

I never heard him deny it or deny taking the money. I only heard the report that he owned it by saying it was him but not a recent video. If he denied it then I stand corrected.
He didn't deny accepting money from a coach - at least not on camera.
"There is no hope for the satisfied man."

DLUXHOG

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 29, 2016, 11:35:27 am
Was it KevinOMRebel that was so incensed about all these accusations recently?  The Ole Miss version of ALLVOL?  Can't wait to hear his take.

He's obviously been on a siesta since April 10, 2016, 09:04:00 am..............
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: moehog on April 29, 2016, 11:36:26 am
I never heard him deny it or deny taking the money. I only heard the report that he owned it by saying it was him but not a recent video. If he denied it then I stand corrected.
He didn't deny accepting money from a coach - at least not on camera.

Mmmm, he hid the fact he was brought and paid for his services at OM for FOUR FREAKING YEARS, and now you want to give him kudos for admitting it AFTER he's cleared out and can't lose any eligibility?

Maybe you're just a guy with a great heart who leans towards giving everybody a huge benefit of the doubt, if so I understand that, and I don't want to bash you, but there's a point where wisdom should come into play in evaluating such circumstances.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 29, 2016, 11:35:27 am

He'll say that LT thought it was a joke and that his homeboy wasn't actually supposed to light the bowl.

Or

If it wasn't for the refs in the Arkansas game screwing up the rules, he wouldn't have been so emotionally damaged and turning to self-medication. They are the victims.

20hog11

The NCAA is a joke. I hope I'm wrong. But, I don't think anyone gets more than a slap on the wrist at Bama or Ole Miss.

Hogwild

Quote from: Fatty McGee on April 29, 2016, 10:38:04 am

Because they weren't revelations they were lies.  SI is facing multiple lawsuits because of that article.

QuoteThe Sports Illustrated series, titled "The Dirty Game," described extensive violations of NCAA rules, alleging illicit payments to players and sexual favors to entice recruits. The NCAA and Oklahoma State's independent review said those violations were unfounded

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 29, 2016, 07:31:25 am
May be old news to you, but this is the first I've seen of it.

And the OP is right.  Bama's getting their asses covered.  Again.
there was already another thread on it

PP

LRrazorback

I personally think this is what CBB was talking about in regards to his comment about Mississippi and FL this past national signing day. 

cosmodrum

Nothing is going to happen to Ole Miss. NCAA's junk is sleeve of wizard.
Go away, batin'

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: LRrazorback on April 29, 2016, 11:50:43 am
I personally think this is what CBB was talking about in regards to his comment about Mississippi and FL this past national signing day.

They all hear rumors on the recruiting trail. CBB doesn't lack the class to discuss it without proof, and then probably only with the SEC or NCAA. If there is one thing that can be said about him is that he can keep a secret.

LRrazorback

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on April 29, 2016, 12:01:31 pm
They all hear rumors on the recruiting trail. CBB doesn't lack the class to discuss it without proof, and then probably only with the SEC or NCAA. If there is one thing that can be said about him is that he can keep a secret.
I agree but he's also prone to talk

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on April 29, 2016, 11:50:02 am
there was already another thread on it

PP

I wasn't doubting that, just sharing it wasn't old news to me.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 29, 2016, 12:25:43 pm
I wasn't doubting that, just sharing it wasn't old news to me.
sorry, I was speaking more to the op

PP

JethroB.

Quote from: ricepig on April 29, 2016, 07:57:27 am
Correct, the folks over at UAB are nervous though, the NCAA will probably pull the plug on them, that'll teach Bama/Saban......

Like UNLV coach Jerry Tarkanian said: The NCAA is so mad at Kentucky they're going to give Cleveland State another year of probation.

Pig in the Pokey

Bama thing is a bigger deal than Tunsil. You guys must have cheater-fatigue, like the people that won't run from a hurricane. Coach Bo was Bama's equivilent of the on-staff-bagman (cheater co-ordinator). Losing him means they are caught red-handed. The Bamamers themselves are freaking but Hogville defends them. Hogville's notorious man-crush on Saban really disgusts me. SHAME. You should feel it, Bama-lovers!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Mike_e

We had better have all of our I'd dotted and our x's And t's crossed.

As stated the NCAA is gonna be pizzed.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

RME

ricepig

DeltaBoy

BAMA is Teflon coated !  Ole Myth will be burned as bad as Sherman burned Atlanta.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Kevin

Why can't people just tell the truth 
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22