Youngsta71701

Anything to do with football is overblown but we all love it. ;D :razorback:
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

RazorbackBassist

BigSexyHog

It's way over blown and boring
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Torqued pork

Nothing gets as overblown as the Heisman race. Of course I will celebrate like a wild man if a Hog ever wins.

TheRazorback500

Heck, it's sports; I'll watch it. Treadwell and Jarius Wright could be a tough combo for the Vikes.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

havok

Funny How the Tight End Mel "I let Agent's Pay me to move their players up my board" Kiper had number 1 above Hunter Henry is still awaiting a phone call...  ESPN should have dumped him after he was forced to admit his Board rankings is based more on the money the player,s agents pay him, than what is real.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: azhog10 on April 29, 2016, 09:15:10 am
Yeah, and I'm not trying to be bias, but I think BA is not that far off from the top QB's so I wouldn't waste a pick probably in the first three rounds on a QB. He should have went CB and DE for his first two picks. Maybe CB and then RB. We do need a RB but not as bad as we need a CB.
He should have all the players Jacksonville has and he would look smart, instead of the buffoon he looks like now, I am sure his next couple picks will be Quincy carter and bobby carpenter!

Dr. Starcs

Or Tyron Smith and Zack Martin. 

Swine-as-wine

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 29, 2016, 02:47:23 pm
             Marc Ingram   Ezekiel Elliot    Adrian Peterson
ht/wt      5'9 215            5'11 225            6'1 217
forty         4.66               4.47                  4.41
(20 split)   2.70              2.62                   2.60
10 split     1.62               1.58                   1.57
bench       21                  n/a                    n/a
vert           31.5"             32.5"                38.5"
broad       9'10               9'10                    10'7
shuttle      4.62               n/a                    4.40
3-cone     7.13               n/a                    7.09

To the one who said Elliot is 'just a hair faster' than Ingram, he is nearly a full 2/10ths a second faster. What does that mean? Clay Mathews top speed in game situations is about 9 m/s ~ 9 yards per second. So, after forty yards, Elliot is going to be 2 yards further from Matthews than Ingram will be with both of them starting from rest and matthews starting at full speed. At 10 yards, which is a more realistic comparison, let's look at the same thing. AD, EE, and MI all starting from stop and racing to 10 yards with Matthews coming in from some distance but starting at full speed.  That 4/100ths of a second difference equates to .36 meters or about 1.2 feet. So, if matthews comes flying over and it able to get an arm on Ingram, he'd only get a hand on Elliot or Peterson. If he was able to get the ankle of Ingram, then he would completely miss Elliot or Peterson.

Guess that means that DMac is in the endzone scoring a touchdown then, while Elliot is still dodging people. Right?

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on April 29, 2016, 11:01:58 pm
Or Tyron Smith and Zack Martin.
It will take that to salvage this draft. The draft wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so weak at DE and S, and were coming off a great season and were drafting on best available for future contributions. They didn't need a RB, and they didn't need a LB that won't play at all, and honestly DT is a lot lower on need than other levels of the defense. I mean even a now LB is more needed. Lee and the other LBs can't stay on the field.

songofthesword

Rankins pick is easily the worst so far

I don't have a problem with you taking a run sruffer. I have a problem with that run stuffers name not being ashawn Robinson

Any scout that can look me in the face, tell me there has been  better run stuffing DT prospect than Robinson since Donald from pitt, and not laugh needs to find a new line of work

A healthy jaylen Smith is a lavar arringtoin level prospect. I have no problem with that pick whatsoever

songofthesword

Ramsey is a long rangy press man to man guy.  Cowboys run a tampa 2 defense would have been a horrible fit. A guy like Cyrus Jones would be a much better fit

bennyl08

Not sure what you guys are reading about Rankins, but he is a pass rusher.

His claim to fame as a DT is being able to beat 1 on 1 blocks. Scouting reports on CBS and NFL website also list him as a talented pass rusher. I haven't watched the tape on him myself, but I did see some of his senior bowl stuff and he certainly looks the part of a pass rushing DE.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

songofthesword

He's 300 pounds lol. He's not a de.he's a less athletic robert nkemdiche who himself is a NFL DT who played de cause freeze promised him he could.

He is athletic enough to play de in college but not fast enough to get the edge in the NFL a la Jamal Anderson. His best asset ushis explosive nessINTHE INTERIOR  but he's not a pass disrupter like McCoy or suh or watt he's not that that type of Athlete.  So he projects as  run stuffer. And there is not one better than ashawn Robinson

bennyl08

Quote from: songofthesword on April 30, 2016, 02:16:15 am
He's 300 pounds lol. He's not a de.he's a less athletic robert nkemdiche who himself is a NFL DT who played de cause freeze promised him he could.

He is athletic enough to play de in college but not fast enough to get the edge in the NFL a la Jamal Anderson. His best asset ushis explosive nessINTHE INTERIOR  but he's not a pass disrupter like McCoy or suh or watt he's not that that type of Athlete.  So he projects as  run stuffer. And there is not one better than ashawn Robinson

Who said he was a DE or would play anywhere but the interior? Interior doesn't mean you can only be a run stuffer. Atkins, Donald, and in college, Philon. Fastest way to the qb is right up the middle. Is he as good as someone like Geno? There are very few who are.

However, run stuffers aren't known for being explosive. A run stuffer is the 340 pound guy who is super strong but isn't getting into the backfield anytime soon. Think, Mount Cody.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

yraciv

Kenneth Dixon just went over both of our RB. Jerry Jones just took Dak Prescott over BA. Can we get over the myth that Jerry Jones loves him some Razorback prospects?

Dr. Starcs

Well Felix kinda didnt work out for him.

kodiakisland

Devontae Booker over either of our RBs?
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

greenEGnHAWGS

It is unreal how far AC is falling. I remember reading articles about it being Elliott, Henry, Collins - in no particular order. Now he is looking like a 4th - 5th rounder cuz his "standing high jump" want that impressive. My bro in law is a die hard Patriots fan and he's praying that New England takes him.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hawginbigd1

Quote from: songofthesword on April 30, 2016, 12:02:23 am
Ramsey is a long rangy press man to man guy.  Cowboys run a tampa 2 defense would have been a horrible fit. A guy like Cyrus Jones would be a much better fit
Disagree 100 Ramsey would have been an all-pro safety for the Cowboys, their weakest position on the team since Hamlin left.

atekido

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on April 30, 2016, 01:03:02 pm
It is unreal how far AC is falling. I remember reading articles about it being Elliott, Henry, Collins - in no particular order. Now he is looking like a 4th - 5th rounder cuz his "standing high jump" want that impressive. My bro in law is a die hard Patriots fan and he's praying that New England takes him.

Might need to stop reading and believing everything in the forums.  He has never been projected above 4th or 5th rounds and He also did not help himself in the 40yd dash.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: yraciv on April 30, 2016, 12:58:19 pm
Kenneth Dixon just went over both of our RB. Jerry Jones just took Dak Prescott over BA. Can we get over the myth that Jerry Jones loves him some Razorback prospects?
IMO best pick Dallas has made, Prescott upside is bigger than BAs.

hawginbigd1

Washington from TT over AC. I was of the opinion that everyone but HH made a mistake leaving early. Another year for Kirkland to develop, and another year of hype for the RBs would have made a difference, see Kenneth Dixon!

Philon made a mistake as well, but it looks like it is going to work out for him, I believe one more year and he was a 2nd to 3 rd guy.

downsouthhawg72

I figured Sebastian Tretola would be taken by now at least.
DownSouthHawg

Hogs958

Not overblown, but the bits get pretty old. I don't need to see Joe Schmo on TV awkwardly reading the draft card.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 29, 2016, 11:09:04 pm
It will take that to salvage this draft. The draft wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so weak at DE and S, and were coming off a great season and were drafting on best available for future contributions. They didn't need a RB, and they didn't need a LB that won't play at all, and honestly DT is a lot lower on need than other levels of the defense. I mean even a now LB is more needed. Lee and the other LBs can't stay on the field.
To my last sentence scrolling across the ticker Lee had "minor" knee surgery on Friday! They drafted Lee and Carter both injured, and they have both continued to miss a lot of time injured. Now they draft another injured LB that won't play at all next season! They consistently make mistakes on high draft picks especially, it's like they use no common sense at all! Felix Jones anybody! Love Felix but he couldn't play a whole season in college touching the ball 12 to 14 times a game and playing 30 plays a game maybe! It doesn't matter how great a player is....Sean Lee, if you can't play most of the time!

Professor Psychosis

JWill to Buffalo, pick 156.

alohawg

So now does BA, Tretola and Denver get picked?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hawginbigd1

Day 3 going much better for my boys' than the first 2. I like Tapper, Prescott, and Brown in those spots. Brown may end up being a steal!

alohawg

Congrats to Brandon Allen!
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

bennyl08

Quote from: Swine-as-wine on April 29, 2016, 11:04:37 pm
Guess that means that DMac is in the endzone scoring a touchdown then, while Elliot is still dodging people. Right?

Dmac tore his acl putting on his shoes before the game...

Nah, Dmac's lost a step or two. However, for him, a lost step means he runs like a 4.40 guy now instead of the 4.27 or so he used to run. Watch some of his highlight runs earlier in his career and he is blowing up solid angles by NFL db's. Few humans are as fast as Dmac was. Fewer still who can play rb as well as he could and honestly still can.

As for the Cowboy's crowded backfield, not really buying it. Very few people expected McFadden to have a 1k yard season last year. Expecting him to stay healthy a full season again isn't the best decision. Morris had a good first few seasons but has regressed in production each and every season. Further, there's a reason he wasn't an early pick as he isn't the most physically gifted back in the league and his production is highly dependent on scheme. So, you have a back in Morris who is mostly relegated to a 3rd down back role barring some major resurgence, a veteran back who can be productive but is a major injury risk, and I think they still have Randle where previous actions have shown that Dallas does not think he can be a feature back whatsoever.

Dr. Starcs

Randle was cut last year.

bennyl08

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on April 30, 2016, 05:34:13 pm
Randle was cut last year.

See. Crowded backfield is even less crowded. Dallas needed a bellcow RB. They didn't have one and Elliot has all pro written all over him.

Did they need secondary help more? Yes. However, behind Elliot, rb talent drops off sharply. DL and secondary are deep. I still wouldn't have taken Elliot, but it isn't a bad pick by any stretch.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 30, 2016, 03:15:43 pm
Day 3 going much better for my boys' than the first 2. I like Tapper, Prescott, and Brown in those spots. Brown may end up being a steal!

Dallas' whole draft was perplexing.  You simply don't take a RB that high unless it is an Adrian Peterson/Darren McFadden type of RB talent.  Elliott is not that type of talent. 

As long as Jones continues "acting" as the GM, then they will probably continue with perplexing drafts and they will probably continue to underachieve.  Regarding some of their other picks, the Jaylon Smith pick is very risky because no one really knows if his nerve will regenerate and to what extent.  Charles Tapper showed "flashes" of being a good pass rusher, but he is too inconsistent.  Dak Prescott had no where near the production when he faced quality competition.  Also, they should have picked a Cornerback and a Strong Safety before the 6th Round.

If I had been making the picks at Dallas, the following is what I would have done (this assumes all of the following would have been available when Dallas picked).

1st Round    Pick 4     William Jackson III   Cornerback   Houston   

Jackson III and Mackensie Alexander were the 2 best CBs in regards to cover skills in the draft.

2nd Round   Pick 34    Deion Jones   Outside Linebacker   LSU

This past 2015 season at LSU, Jones had 100 tackles, 13.5 tackles for a loss, 5 sacks, and 2 interceptions.

3rd Round    Pick 67     Adolphus Washington   Defensive Tackle   Ohio State

Washington was arguably the best pass rushing Defensive Tackle in the draft.

4th Round   Pick 101    Miles Killebrew   Strong Safety    Southern Utah

Killebrew is a very good form tackler. 

4th Round   Pick 135    Ronald Blair   Defensive End    Appalachian State

Blair was the 2015 Sun Belt Conference Defensive Player of the Year.  In 2015, Blair had 70 tackles, 19 tackles for loss, and 7.5 sacks.  He had a quality game against Clemson in 2015.

6th Round   Pick 189    Jake Rudock   Quarterback   Michigan

Rudock made tremendous strides under Jim Harbaugh's pro-style attack.  Rudock torched the Florida Gators Defense in the Bowl Game.

6th Round   Pick 212    Nile Lawrence-Stample   Defensive Tackle   Florida State

Lawrence-Stample is stout and he is difficult to handle for Offensive Lines.  Watch some Florida State games from this past season and see how often he gets mentioned.  Even if he doesn't make the tackle on a play, he has an ability to redirect the play because of the havoc he causes.  First-Team All ACC selection in 2015.

6th Round   Pick 216    Tra Carson   Running Back   Texas A&M   

Carson is a physical runner who gets yards in tough short yardage situations.  Carson would have been a good complement to the speed of Darren McFadden and the speed of Alfred Morris.

6th Round    Pick 217   Jonathan Woodard   Defensive End   Central Arkansas

Woodard gets to the QB.  During his career at UCA, Woodard had 30.5 sacks.  He also had 53 tackles for a loss during his UCA career.  Those numbers are despite the fact that he was double teamed alot.

Dr. Starcs

You lost me at William Jackson.

Not saying i loved the rb pick at 4, but no draft boards I saw had him higher than elliott.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on May 01, 2016, 05:05:48 pm
You lost me at William Jackson.

Not saying i loved the rb pick at 4, but no draft boards I saw had him higher than elliott.

Elliott shouldn't have been projected that high to begin with.

William Jackson III is a better CB than Jalen Ramsey and Vernon Hargreaves III.  Jackson's game film from this past regular season and his game film from Houston's Bowl Game against Florida State shows Jackson's skills.

Dr. Starcs

You should be a gm.

Rison Razor Hog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on May 01, 2016, 05:21:50 pm
Elliott shouldn't have been projected that high to begin with.

William Jackson III is a better CB than Jalen Ramsey and Vernon Hargreaves III.  Jackson's game film from this past regular season and his game film from Houston's Bowl Game against Florida State shows Jackson's skills.

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on May 01, 2016, 05:35:47 pm
You should be a gm.

Maybe he is, lol!  ;)
(probably only in his dreams, though!)
And on my deathbed, I'll achieve total consciousness, so I've got that goin' for me!

To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin: Billions for defense, but not one cent for dhimmitude!

bennyl08

Next year's draft potential guys

Jared Collins: Our best pure cover guy. Still has some work to do with his tackling consistency, but he has already shown improvement there. My guess would be a 3-6th round pick.

DJ Dean: A good college player, but does he have the speed to play at the next level? I'm not sure, but he's reminded more of a less athletic Tevin Mitchel who was a late round pick himself. So, Dean, I'm not sure.

Brooks Ellis: Smarter than he is athletic. I think he has good enough speed, but tight hips. He has good production, smarts, instincts, and experience. However, his athleticism limits his draft potential to being a late round pick IMO.

Keon Hatcher: I think he will surprise some hog fans with the good numbers he'll put up at the combine. Combine that with his skill at blocking and crisp routes, he'll be a desirable draft pick. However, he does still need to show he can have reliable hands. If he doesn't, that will sink his draft quite a bit.

Taiwan Johnson: He's a hard one to nail down. At times he's been a disruptive interior player, but then will disappear for long stretches as well. Right now I'd say anywhere from 4th round to undrafted.

Jeremiah Ledbetter: I think his draft position hinges strongly around how he will perform in the combine. I have little doubt he will be disruptive as a DT. He'll probably be looked at as a 3-4 DE. DL players are very valuable and he only has one season with us. He could have a Leon/Spaight type jump next year.

Drew Morgan: He impressed me with speed last year that I hadn't seen from  him before. I still think that from a purely athletic viewpoint, he will test the worst of our senior receivers. However, Welker didn't test particularly well either so I wouldn't base his nfl production off of the draft.

Dominique Reed: He could repeat last years production and not improve, and his speed and size alone will force some team to draft him. At 6'3, 175 though, his draft stock will be limited by being very undersized. Players 5 inches shorter than him in the draft still weighed at least 15 pounds more than he does. I think he will continue to improve and will be a 700+ yard receiver this coming season.

Dan Skipper: While CBS has him rated highly now, I think he drops come actual draft time. He gets beat quite a bit on passing downs and is pretty much strictly a RT. I think he gets drafted still, but needs to improve a lot in the passing game to be considered a top 10 tackle for the NFL.

Jeremy Sprinkle: He will surpass Henry in athleticism. If he can show his blocking skills and that he can be the guy at TE, should be one of the top 3 TE's when it is all said and done IMO.

Kody Walker: Won't be a high round draft pick, but I think he can be a Michael Bush, Marcel Reece type player in the NFL. Some team looking for a situational power back would look for him at the back half of the draft. If he has a 1k yard season, staying healthy all the way through, it would improve. Though, RB's are going to be prime pickings in this coming draft.

Jamicheal Winston: His inability to rush the passer will limit his draft potential. However, teams need run stoppers as well and he is very good at that.

Deatrich Wise Jr: He could have a similar season to last year where he was only a backup player for us but still lead us in sacks and he'd still get drafted off his pass rushing potential. However, if he does start this coming season (he's been similarly disruptive in past springs so I'm not biting that he will actually start this season), teams will see that he is more than a situational pass rusher. It might be hard for him to go in the first round as a 1 year wonder type player, but second round isn't out of question.

Hollister and Josh Williams could potentially get drafted if they have great seasons and showings at the combine. However, given our often nickel defense and the 4 other stud seniors at receiver, it will be hard for them to make their marks.

bennyl08

However, that is 11 players who are starters for us and seniors that could get drafted.

Sprinkle, Wise Jr, and Reed are IMO as close to guaranteed draft picks as you can get.

The next tier who are likely to drafted are: Hatcher, Collins, Skipper, and Ledbetter.

Finally, the last tier will have to surprise with their athleticism or get drafted based on production.

Ragnow, Beanum, and Toliver are the strongest candidates for early departures.