Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alex Collins

Started by b_stackhouse, April 26, 2016, 11:35:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 30, 2016, 02:11:39 pm
I think this is one of the very very few situations where hogville knows something that the professionals don't and that is that someone is going to be getting the steal of the draft by drafting Collins this late.
i mean, we were right about Knile. And right about McFadden, too (that he had to play for ANybody else and he'd get his 1000 yds)
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

The Hogfather

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 30, 2016, 02:02:44 pm
I previously said he was making a mistake and I still stand by it.  He may go undrafted.

Only if you're referencing him not getting his degree and/or more college accolades.  He had nothing else to gain.

hogcard1964

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 30, 2016, 02:14:16 pm
Only if you're referencing him not getting his degree and/or more college accolades.  He had nothing else to gain.

True, and he still woudn't have played in the NFL if he stayed his senior year anyway.

hogman99

Quote from: HogBreath on April 30, 2016, 01:57:56 pm
Ryan Leaf, RGIII and countless others said yeah that's right.  NFL guys are always right.  BS.

More right than not. I guess we should soon see HogBreath as an NFL executive, coach or scout in the very near future. I hope I can get your autograph someday.

Pig in the Pokey

YES HE DID HE HAS ONLY played 5 years of football in his life. how would 20% more experience not make him better? How would a year of blocking not improve his stock? How would a year proving himself to be a 4 year star not help? This dumb oft-repeated mantra is pure speculation at best and completely ridiculous in reality.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Ex-Trumpet

How many teams kicked themselves over Montana and Brady?  Even Tony Romo.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

a0ashle

Can we just call this objectively false now?

The Hogfather

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 30, 2016, 02:19:53 pm
YES HE DID HE HAS ONLY played 5 years of football in his life. how would 20% more experience not make him better? How would a year of blocking not improve his stock? How would a year proving himself to be a 4 year star not help? This dumb oft-repeated mantra is pure speculation at best and completely ridiculous in reality.

His draft stock would've stayed the same and it is a much better RB class next year.  Good move to leave, even if he ends up as an UDFA.  He'll stick and get a big contract 1 year sooner.

rljjr

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on April 30, 2016, 02:20:28 pm
How many teams kicked themselves over Montana and Brady?  Even Tony Romo.

Bingo. It's not a science as much as they would like it to seem. Sometimes these scouts are too smart for their own good.

The Hogfather

Quote from: a0ashle on April 30, 2016, 02:22:01 pm
Can we just call this objectively false now?

Only if you're a dumb.

DOGALUM

Tom Brady says hello.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 30, 2016, 02:23:50 pm
His draft stock would've stayed the same and it is a much better RB class next year.  Good move to leave, even if he ends up as an UDFA.  He'll stick and get a big contract 1 year sooner.

Draft stock remaining the same in a stronger class means you are a better player.  Isn't it everyone's objective to become better and more valuable?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 30, 2016, 02:23:50 pm

It sure would be worth a try to improve draft stock.  Udfa's rarely make the team.

Professor Psychosis

Seattle just picked him at 171.

SONofHAM

"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

jjdlc

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on April 30, 2016, 02:11:03 pm
Agree, he's also a very smart and patient runner and allusive and difficult to get a square hit on. All typical characteristics of good nfl backs.

Agreed, I think this is a case where they are getting too hung up on measurable a, and forgetting that some of the best backs in the NFL have been backs that didn't have the best measurables.

War Boar

Seahawks got a steal.

hawginbigd1

Just thinking this was a spot for him congrats AC

alohawg

Great spot for Alex! Now he proves Carroll made a brilliant pick.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

The Hogfather

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on April 30, 2016, 02:26:16 pm
Draft stock remaining the same in a stronger class means you are a better player.  Isn't it everyone's objective to become better and more valuable?
[/qoute]

Boom!  Seahawks!  Perfect situation.

Jborohog09

Great place for him to go.  Congrats to AC!

a0ashle

Great spot, Beast Mode 2.0

PigTimePlayer

Great pick by Seahawks...congrats AC! Rooting for him to have a great career.

Seattle is about as far away from his home as you can get in the NFL. Wow.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

RME

All you guys griping about him being passed over, Collins just landed in the best possible spot he could be in.

rzrbackramsfan

The rb class is better at the very top we know that, but we don't know if the running back class is better at 5-11th best running backs.  Ac could've gone from being the 12th rb to like the 5th.

THAT BEING SAID, THERES NO OTHER TEAM I RATHER AC WOULD HAVE GONE TO THEN THE HAWKS!!

jjdlc

Quote from: SONofHAM on April 30, 2016, 02:27:46 pm
He's a Seahawk

Good place for him, he can do well there.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Ark13 on April 30, 2016, 02:28:07 pm
Seahawks got a steal.
THIS. worked out for the kid. Woooo Pig!!!
@Slackaveli

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on April 30, 2016, 02:29:13 pm
All you guys griping about him being passed over, Collins just landed in the best possible spot he could be in.

This. 100%. Wonderful opportunity for AC here.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

The Hogfather

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on April 30, 2016, 02:26:16 pm

His personal stock would remain the same, but there would be much more talent in the class.  He'd end up going lower and be a year behind in his career.

Muskliketusk

Lotta folks just selfish and wanted AC back for the Hogs not what was good for AC. He's gonna light it up in Seattle and hope their little jealous hearts can handle it.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

a0ashle

Quote from: Muskliketusk on April 30, 2016, 02:31:44 pm
Lotta folks just selfish and wanted AC back for the Hogs not what was good for AC. He's gonna light it up in Seattle and hope their little jealous hearts can handle it.

Yeah that's it, Seattle is great for him, but I bet Seattle in third would have been better.

The Hogfather

Yup!

hawginbigd1

Uh no, sure we wanted him back, but do you think Kenneth Dixon is better than AC? Kenneth Dixon is a 6th or 7th round guy last year, his great year, TD records, etc. in season 4 moved him way up IMO!

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 30, 2016, 02:02:44 pm
I previously said he was making a mistake and I still stand by it.  He may go undrafted.

Hope you're still around when we see just HOW big of a mistake it was.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

The Hogfather

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 30, 2016, 02:36:44 pm
Uh no, sure we wanted him back, but do you think Kenneth Dixon is better than AC? Kenneth Dixon is a 6th or 7th round guy last year, his great year, TD records, etc. in season 4 moved him way up IMO!

Such BS!

RazorChuck

SEA........HAWKS!
OUTSTANDING!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 30, 2016, 02:38:24 pm
Such BS!
Like most of your posts! Any thing to substantiate your blabbering, again do you think Dixon is better than AC? Can't prove any of it, but serious dick move to call someone out on it!

RME

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 30, 2016, 02:49:25 pm
Like most of your posts! Any thing to substantiate your blabbering, again do you think Dixon is better than AC? Can't prove any of it, but serious dick move to call someone out on it!

I mean, it's obvious that the NFL thinks that Dixon is better than AC, and when it comes to the draft and money, that's really all that matters; what the NFL thinks.

Can Alex prove everyone wrong and have a 10x better career than Dixon? Yeah he can. Can Dixon have a 15x better career than Alex? Yeah he can.

But in terms of the draft and what number pick you are and how much money you'll make, the NFL thinks Dixon is better. And like I said, pertaining to those factors, that's all that matters.

ricepig

hawginbigd1

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on April 30, 2016, 02:53:03 pm
I mean, it's obvious that the NFL thinks that Dixon is better than AC, and when it comes to the draft and money, that's really all that matters; what the NFL thinks.

Can Alex prove everyone wrong and have a 10x better career than Dixon? Yeah he can. Can Dixon have a 15x better career than Alex? Yeah he can.

But in terms of the draft and what number pick you are and how much money you'll make, the NFL thinks Dixon is better. And like I said, pertaining to those factors, that's all that matters.
You are right 100 my point is the press and accolades of his career accomplishments pushed the undersized Dixon up the draft board after year 4 and I am of the opinion that an injury free year 4 would have done the same for AC.

hogcard1964

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on April 30, 2016, 02:37:01 pm
Hope you're still around when we see just HOW big of a mistake it was.

+1000

I'll be here and I hope I am wrong. 

WilsonHog

Dial the testasterone down a bit, fellas.

hogcard1964

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 30, 2016, 02:49:25 pm

Dixon's not as good as Collins.

greenEGnHAWGS

hawginbigd1

ChitownHawg

Quote from: ricepig on April 30, 2016, 02:58:04 pm
https://twitter.com/SportsTalkwBo/status/726493397083668481

I would like to see that stat coupled with the number of times running between the tackles. Then compare him to the other 5. Hard to make a guy miss in a two foot hole, but AC did it time and again.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ricepig

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 30, 2016, 03:16:15 pm
I would like to see that stat coupled with the number of times running between the tackles. Then compare him to the other 5. Hard to make a guy miss in a two foot hole, but did it time and again.

That's what impressed me the most with AC, the guy's he avoided in the backfield, or hole.

alohawg

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 30, 2016, 03:16:15 pm
I would like to see that stat coupled with the number of times running between the tackles. Then compare him to the other 5. Hard to make a guy miss in a two foot hole, but did it time and again.

Better than any back in a long time, best since a guy named Barry S..
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: songofthesword on April 30, 2016, 01:49:11 pm
5 [CENSORED] broken tackles in 475 carries!!!!!!! Holy darn

According to Pro Football Focus AC had the third most broken tackles at 58

https://mobile.twitter.com/PFF/status/726494924481384448

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: songofthesword on April 30, 2016, 01:38:09 pm
See now you are seeing third down backs. And Collins can't catch

Collins can't catch? What games were you watching?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MGGW3VLhSbg"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>