Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

And we wonder

Started by Prestworthy, April 24, 2016, 07:27:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Prestworthy on April 24, 2016, 06:42:26 pm
+1 for the absence of sass.
some of us are not poet laureate, we just don't sugar coat it.

PP

snoblind

Quote from: Poppa Tart on April 24, 2016, 06:06:44 pm
Just wanted to jump in and say I agree that this could be a great recruiting tool. I don't think most would disagree, but the way you phrased the title makes it sound like this, rather than cheating, is the reason they're getting these inexplicable recruiting classes. I think that's where the negative comments are coming from.

I'm gonna go out a limb and suggest some of the negative comments come from the fact we remember his "creative" threads taking shots at BA last year.  But yes, thinking that a video as opposed to, say, $1000 handshakes is what makes the difference between a top 5 versus a top 25 class speaks for itself.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: snoblind on April 24, 2016, 08:21:02 pm
I'm gonna go out a limb and suggest some of the negative comments come from the fact we remember his "creative" threads taking shots at BA last year.  But yes, thinking that a video as opposed to, say, $1000 handshakes is what makes the difference between a top 5 versus a top 25 class speaks for itself.
I can't speak to the first comment, but I am in total agreement that OM is cheating, and that's how they're getting these blue chip recruits. I can't wait for the hammer to finally drop on Freeze & Co. I never clarified with the OP that the way it came across was not how it was meant.

To the OP- So we're clear, you're not suggesting that these videos are the big secret behind OM's recent recruiting classes are you?
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Prestworthy

Quote from: Poppa Tart on April 24, 2016, 08:37:44 pm
I can't speak to the first comment, but I am in total agreement that OM is cheating, and that's how they're getting these blue chip recruits. I can't wait for the hammer to finally drop on Freeze & Co. I never clarified with the OP that the way it came across was not how it was meant.

To the OP- So we're clear, you're not suggesting that these videos are the big secret behind OM's recent recruiting classes are you?
Not at all. But they're doing things to get higher visibility and I'm a bit envious that the hogs don't do things like this. In my opinion, Being Bret Bielema doesn't come close to what The Season has to offer. Things like this can go a long way and make your program shine.

Prestworthy

Gotta be honest...I've never seen you post before.

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on April 24, 2016, 11:48:31 am
well, Im not a millenial college kid....Im more refined

PP
Says the guy with 19000 message board posts.

Prestworthy

RME

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on April 24, 2016, 11:48:31 am
well, Im not a millenial college kid....Im more refined

PP

Refined enough to misspell "millennial" while simultaneously knocking college kids, I suppose.

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on April 24, 2016, 11:29:04 am
yet no SECC game in how many years?

PP

Is that what we should base success off of? If that's the case, I can't say we've been that successful as of late. Success is subjective. I find Bielema adding wins every year that he's been here a form of success, but that's just me.

Freeze has, unfortunately, done the same thing at Ole Miss. It's hard to argue against recruits going to places that are showing an upward trend, which, Ole Miss has shown recently. To say otherwise is ignorant. The good thing is that Arkansas is showing an upward trend as well. These recruits committing to us this early in the process is a testament to that. If Arkansas wins the Sugar Bowl this year, what is stopping us from having a top 8 or so recruiting class?

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on April 24, 2016, 11:38:20 am
no, lets copy what someone else is doing, nothing like being a follower

PP

Dumb. Dumb on so many fronts. University W, X, and Y all upgrade their facilities at the same time. Does that make University Z a "follower" for subsequently upgrading their facilities in order to keep up in the arms race? If someone is doing something and it seems to be working, whether in football, the workplace, or a game of Twister, I think it's okay to adapt.

RME

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Prestworthy on April 24, 2016, 11:29:08 am
Not trying to start an argument here. If you want to argue, there are other threads to do it in.
What chance is there that you weren't trying to start an argument when you created this thread? I'd say there's a better chance of Chad Kelly passing a breathalyzer.

Next can you show us how LSU recruits better, since you're displaying teams that can't beat us and such?

go hogues

Our program is far too secretive to grant this kind of access.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

factchecker

Quote from: go hogues on April 25, 2016, 12:55:27 am
Our program is far too secretive to grant this kind of access.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Prestworthy

Quote from: factchecker on April 25, 2016, 01:32:05 am

I remember CBS doing a couple of those...but didn't they drop us after a few losses?

onebadrubi

Prestworthy is always lurking to start a new thread to stir the pot. I've called him a troll numerous times and I bekieve it even more nkw with him keeping up with Ole Miss.  If we want to target a recruiting practice of a team, let's do it with a team that can best us and beat a decent team in a bowl game. Ok st was not good this past year, TCU the year before however was.

Prestworthy

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 25, 2016, 06:26:28 am
Prestworthy is always lurking to start a new thread to stir the pot. I've called him a troll numerous times and I bekieve it even more nkw with him keeping up with Ole Miss.  If we want to target a recruiting practice of a team, let's do it with a team that can best us and beat a decent team in a bowl game. Ok st was not good this past year, TCU the year before however was.
I was wondering when you would find your way into this thread.  How much satisfaction did you get posting this?

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Prestworthy on April 24, 2016, 08:58:32 pm
Not at all. But they're doing things to get higher visibility and I'm a bit envious that the hogs don't do things like this. In my opinion, Being Bret Bielema doesn't come close to what The Season has to offer. Things like this can go a long way and make your program shine.
Can't argue with this; although I will say that Being Bret Bielema is a pretty good start. Anything that helps get our brand out there in a positive light is going to help with recruiting and national (at least regional) exposure overall.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

onebadrubi

Quote from: Prestworthy on April 25, 2016, 06:57:51 am
I was wondering when you would find your way into this thread.  How much satisfaction did you get posting this?

Enlighten me on your first post that wasn't stirring the pot?  You still calling for Peavy to start over BRANDON ALLEN or did that idea get crushed by his performance last year?

Prestworthy

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 25, 2016, 11:33:01 am
Enlighten me on your first post that wasn't stirring the pot?  You still calling for Peavy to start over BRANDON ALLEN or did that idea get crushed by his performance last year?
What does this thread have to do with BA?

BPsTheMan

ricepig, you're so naive

ricepig

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Hogist on April 24, 2016, 12:22:05 pm
Good on you OP for not getting derailed by the circle-jerk elitists on this board that like to crap on every post not made by someone in their bff list.

yeah!

elitists like ricepig!

>:(

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on April 24, 2016, 09:37:47 am
doesn't seem to help them against us

PP
i meaN, WE DID NEED a miracle. #karma I guess
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Karma on April 24, 2016, 09:40:50 pm
Says the guy with 19000 message board posts.
meaning what?  19000 over 10yrs is a pretty good average, I would say

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on April 24, 2016, 11:08:41 pm
Refined enough to misspell "millennial" while simultaneously knocking college kids, I suppose. yes, when it comes to the ways of the world

Is that what we should base success off of? If that's the case, I can't say we've been that successful as of late. Success is subjective. I find Bielema adding wins every year that he's been here a form of success, but that's just me. we've been to 2, so yes, more successful

Freeze has, unfortunately, done the same thing at Ole Miss. It's hard to argue against recruits going to places that are showing an upward trend, which, Ole Miss has shown recently. To say otherwise is ignorant. The good thing is that Arkansas is showing an upward trend as well. These recruits committing to us this early in the process is a testament to that. If Arkansas wins the Sugar Bowl this year, what is stopping us from having a top 8 or so recruiting class? upward trend in recruiting, remember, Hooty took them to back-to-back Cotton Bowls (in fiddy years)

Dumb. Dumb on so many fronts. University W, X, and Y all upgrade their facilities at the same time. Does that make University Z a "follower" for subsequently upgrading their facilities in order to keep up in the arms race? If someone is doing something and it seems to be working, whether in football, the workplace, or a game of Twister, I think it's okay to adapt. so, that's the only reason we upgraded....to keep up with the Jones?

RME

not refined enough to do the quote thingy, lol

PP

Hogs33

Quote from: Prestworthy on April 24, 2016, 11:27:00 am
Having highly rated recruits typically leads to success on the field. Remember, they've beaten Bama the last 2 seasons and beat up on OkSt in the Sugar Bowl while we were matched in Memphis with a 6-6 big12 team...

I don't think there is any reason why the hogs shouldn't do this. Seems like a great tool for recruits and fans alike. Would be silly to say otherwise.

aaannnndddd We still beat them!
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." Mark Twain

Hogs33

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 26, 2016, 03:24:51 pm
i meaN, WE DID NEED a miracle. #karma I guess

You say miracle, I say helluva play!  ;D
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." Mark Twain

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Hogs33 on April 26, 2016, 04:22:38 pm
aaannnndddd We still beat them!
the game is won and lost by your recruiting rankings, haven't ya heard??  and cool behind the scenes videos.....recruits love those

PP

snoblind

Quote from: Hogs33 on April 26, 2016, 04:25:49 pm
You say miracle, I say helluva play!  ;D

When BB was asked about putting it in the playbook in one of those Being Bret Bielema vids he said it already was.

;)

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Prestworthy

This shouldn't surprise anyone, but confirm what we all knew was happening and what happens with most future first round guys.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Prestworthy on April 28, 2016, 10:37:49 pm
This shouldn't surprise anyone, but confirm what we all knew was happening and what happens with most future first round guys.

are you trying to say this thread was about Ole Miss probably cheating?

ricepig

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on April 28, 2016, 10:46:57 pm

Well......we were wondering.

Prestworthy

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on April 28, 2016, 10:46:57 pm
No that's not what this thread was about. This thread had a very simple takeaway, but some couldn't help but make it into something else.

root_hawg

Well he did get money to pay his rent and his mom's electric bill

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Prestworthy on April 28, 2016, 10:37:49 pm
so, it isn't the videos?

PP

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

regi

This crappy video series does zero for recruiting. Coaches shows are for fans, 17 and 18 year olds could care less. Two South Memphis Strip Clubs (one of em on Hwy 78), party drugs and cash, are what the OleMiss recruiting experience is about. Not an over used documentary style Coaches show.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: regi on April 28, 2016, 11:17:18 pm
This crappy video series does zero for recruiting. Coaches shows are for fans, 17 and 18 year olds could care less. Two South Memphis Strip Clubs (one of em on Hwy 78), party drugs and cash, are what the OleMiss recruiting experience is about. Not an over used documentary style Coaches show.
the hell you say.....hater

PP

root_hawg

Dang, I still have some eligibility remaining .... time to go work out!

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: root_hawg on April 28, 2016, 11:33:41 pm
Dang, I still have some eligibility remaining .... time to go work out!
do you have unpaid utility bills though?

PP

Prestworthy

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on April 28, 2016, 11:14:12 pm
so, it isn't the videos?

PP
Dude....does it just suck being you?

RME

Quote from: Prestworthy on April 29, 2016, 12:38:54 pm

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on April 29, 2016, 11:58:25 am
DAMMIT!  It was those awesome video productions.....ask Prestworthy

PP
Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on April 29, 2016, 10:32:53 am
videos....duh!

PP
Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on April 28, 2016, 11:34:39 pm
they should make videos.....oh wait

PP
Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on April 28, 2016, 11:33:22 pm
Are you trying to insinuate that the behind the scenes videos that prestworthy is sporting wood over, isn't the reason for these great classes??

PP
Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on April 28, 2016, 11:14:12 pm
so, it isn't the videos?

PP

All within a 13 hour span. Yikes.

Prestworthy

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on April 29, 2016, 12:45:13 pm

All within a 13 hour span. Yikes.

Lol I wonder if he shared this with his family over dinner.

By the way...nice reference. Same page.

elksnort

Thread.

Prestworthy

right.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Prestworthy on April 29, 2016, 12:38:54 pm
not at all, love being me actually.  but that's ok, maybe your next thread will be better

you should change the topic of this one though....."And we know"

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

Deep Shoat

What were we wondering, again?
All Gas, No Brakes!

Prestworthy

Quote from: Deep Shoat on April 29, 2016, 03:25:02 pm
What were we wondering, again?
its on the first page. Ole Miss recruits well and the video series "The Season" probably has an impact on people who watch it.