Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thanks To The Hogs UCA Will Never Again Have To Recruit A QB.....

Started by cbjagman, May 13, 2010, 12:42:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cbjagman

While I realize that there's already a post about Youngblood's leaving the U of A, I just wanted to express a different thought on the matter:

Yes, I can certainly understand his desire to play QB. Realizing that he was never likely to be able to do so with the Hogs I can appreciate his desire to transfer to some where else. However, it's becoming pretty obvious that in one respect that the U of A is becoming a qb "farm club" for the UCA Bears. Let's see: Zac Clark, Nathan Dick, Youngblood (and perhaps others) have all found their way to Conway to play within the past five years. Heck, at this rate they may actually surpass the Hooter in waiting until kids transfer to fill their roster.

At this rate UCA will not only be calling themselves "the center of learning", but the "center of Arkansas transfers". Why would the Bears ever again need to burn a recruiting schollie for a qb?

grayhawg

Quote from: cbjagman on May 13, 2010, 12:42:01 pm
While I realize that there's already a post about Youngblood's leaving the U of A, I just wanted to express a different thought on the matter:

Yes, I can certainly understand his desire to play QB. Realizing that he was never likely to be able to do so with the Hogs I can appreciate his desire to transfer to some where else. However, it's becoming pretty obvious that in one respect that the U of A is becoming a qb "farm club" for the UCA Bears. Let's see: Zac Clark, Nathan Dick, Youngblood (and perhaps others) have all found their way to Conway to play within the past five years. Heck, at this rate they may actually surpass the Hooter in waiting until kids transfer to fill their roster.

At this rate UCA will not only be calling themselves "the center of learning", but the "center of Arkansas transfers". Why would the Bears ever again need to burn a recruiting schollie for a qb?
Lets not forget CBP said he would honor all offers the previous coaches had issued. The real question is would he have offered Youngblood without that promise. Zac Clark and Nathan Dick were also products of the prior staff, again would we have offered them. Sometimes we forget that this staff evaluates different than the QB Killa.

KlubhouseKonnected

Its a solid option for guys who the roster doesn't shake out for here.

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

hogdiggity

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on May 13, 2010, 12:53:23 pm
Its a solid option for guys who the roster doesn't shake out for here.

absolutely.  Coach Conque has a very good program at UCA.

kingofdequeen

i'm more enthused about UCA never having a QB better than UA's...

that wasn't the case a few years back...

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

yraciv

Well Nathan Brown fell through the cracks, so they might want to continue.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 13, 2010, 01:02:06 pm
i'm more enthused about UCA never having a QB better than UA's...

that wasn't the case a few years back...
....so true!

Kenny Dowell Loggains

A perfect fit for UCA.  He'll be a great QB for the Bears.

Poker_hog

Quote from: grayhawg on May 13, 2010, 12:51:29 pm
Lets not forget CBP said he would honor all offers the previous coaches had issued. The real question is would he have offered Youngblood without that promise. Zac Clark and Nathan Dick were also products of the prior staff, again would we have offered them. Sometimes we forget that this staff evaluates different than the QB Killa.

little Dick was offered by CBP
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Poker_hog on May 13, 2010, 02:32:20 pm

wasn't he offered by Hooter, w/ CBP honoring offer and commitment?

Bigdavis

Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 13, 2010, 02:37:50 pm
wasn't he offered by Hooter, w/ CBP honoring offer and commitment?

No. He committed in January of 07. Bobby Petrino hadn't even coached his first game for the Falcons yet by that time. He resigned from the Falcons in December.

Nathan Dick was already a full fledged member of the team and had just completed his Freshman season when CBP arrived.

LTCHawg

This is nothing new for UCA.  They have competed at all levels due to many Hog transfers in the past.  Had at least 2 NAIA co-national championships when the elder Coach Horton roamed the sideline.

Bpig

I think this is just a win win situation for all involved. The U finds a good home for players who don't quite measure up. It helps our numbers also. UCA gets players who might be studs at that level. The player gets to go straight into a program with a solid coach at a good school.

Poker_hog

Quote from: Bigdavis on May 13, 2010, 02:38:29 pm
Wrong

let me spell it out for you:

CBP used to work for a school called lewy something, while there he offered a scholership to little dick
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

batman15

Bigdavis

Quote from: Poker_hog on May 13, 2010, 02:49:06 pm
let me spell it out for you:

CBP used to work for a school called lewy something, while there he offered a scholership to little dick

Nathan Dick doesn't show an offer from Louisville on Rivals but I don't really have anyway to disprove this.

PigWine

I believe Kragthorpe offered ND.  He had recruited him and offered at Tulsa when he took the Louisville job in 2007.  Could be wrong, but I remember something about it.

Would also explain no Louisville offer listed. 

Regardless, ND is going to do fine.  If he has half he heart of his brother, and not have to put up with the cuckoo's nest that Casey lived through, he will do well.

Bigdavis

Quote from: PigWine on May 13, 2010, 03:01:13 pm
I believe Kragthorpe offered ND.  He had recruited him and offered at Tulsa when he took the Louisville job in 2007.  Could be wrong, but I remember something about it.

Would also explain no Louisville offer listed. 

Regardless, ND is going to do fine.  If he has half he heart of his brother, and not have to put up with the cuckoo's nest that Casey lived through, he will do well.

This makes sense to me. I would believe that was a typo and they meant to say "Louisiana Tech" before I'd believe BP tried to recruit ND. It just doesn't go along with the other recruiting he did there.

ND was still uncommited when BP left Louisville for Atlanta

scorekeeper

Quote from: Poker_hog on May 13, 2010, 02:32:20 pm
CBP didn't want little Dick. He wouldn't have had any of the Dicks if it was for the Nutt.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

clutch

Quote from: grayhawg on May 13, 2010, 12:51:29 pm

Either way UCA is coming out good on the deal. They will now see even better prospects transfer their way if they were actually recruited by BP.

Blue35

IronHog

Quote from: cbjagman on May 13, 2010, 12:42:01 pm

Zac Clark was good enough to play in the SEC.......but his HC wasn't good enough to put the team around him to do it......

Nathan Dick certainly proved he could throw the ball at the D1 level, but he wasn't going to beat out RM............I think he should have transferred to a D1 program.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

1highhog

I like UCA, so it's a win win situation as far as I'm concerned.  I think Conque runs a very good program there.

GoHogs1091

Clint Conque needs no help as it regards recruiting QBs or other players.  Conque is an excellent recruiter, and Conque has extensive recruiting connections in the States of Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Texas.  The below is information regarding the 2010 Class QB that Conque signed in February on Signing Day:

Ryan Howard • 6-0, 190, QB

Vestavia Hills, Ala. • Vestavia Hills

• 2009 All-Hoover County First Team• 2009 "Over the Mountain" First Team• 2009 Birmingham News All-Academic Team• 2009 Alabama 7A Sportswriters All-State• Recorded more than 4,000 career yards passing, 37 touchdowns, 15 interceptions, 65% completion rate•

Additionally, Clint Conque landed the 21st ranked overall prospect from the State of Oklahoma (WR- Chris McAlister).  The below is a link to the Rivals page of Chris McAlister.  McAlister is a Rivals Rated Top 100 Wide Receiver in the Nation.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Chris-McAlister-85239

Chris McAlister • 6-2, 180, WR

Del City, Okla. • Del City HS

• 2009 Oklahoma Coaches All-State selection• 2009 Oil Bowl selection• 2009 VYPE Magazine All-State• Listed #21 overall prospect in Oklahoma• Rivals rated top 100 wide receivers in the nation• Recorded 100 receptions, 1,615 yards and 10 touchdowns during junior and senior years•

http://thecabin.net/news/2010-02-04/uca-signing-class-2010

Regarding Clint Conque's recruiting, when comparing Conque's Signee, Chris McAlister, to the below Wide Receiver that Bobby Petrino signed shows that Conque needs no help in recruiting.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/arkansas/football/recruiting/player-Javontee-Herndon-96291;_ylt=Aj27WZnnWV8jSVn8hf5H1wbzq5B4

kingofdequeen

Clint Conque is a bad MFer, won't u back that azz up?

seriously...till CMFP got to Fayetteville, he was Head and Shoulders the best FB coach in Arkansas (b/c Billy Laird was in Louisiana)

clutch

Quote from: IronHog on May 13, 2010, 10:26:41 pm
Zac Clark was good enough to play in the SEC.......but his HC wasn't good enough to put the team around him to do it......

If you don't believe that just ask his dad lol. Ran into him one time at a high school football game. I was just standing on the fence and he walked up and started talking to me about  who his son was. I couldn't get away from him the whole game.

Iwastherein1969

while at UL, CBP may have offered 'little Dick' a schollie, however, it didn't take him long, what ? a half a season to let him know that the UA was maybe not the best place for Dick to display his vast talents at QB
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

kennedy

shows how very little you know.

Fact....BP tried very hard to get Nathan to stay. He would not sign his release for two weeks and talked to him several times trying to get him to remain a Hog. ND was even told he would receive number 1 snaps split with RM that Spring.

But yes...you are correct....We all knew RM would be the starter no matter what.

litmachog

Being a UCA alum but a Hog fan 1st, I don't mind seeing the transfers to UCA.  The players leaving the Hogs are not able to compete at that level (for the most parts) so they transfer down to UCA to be able to play.  Instead of them transfering out of state, it is nice for them to transfer to another school in Arkansas that we can see succeed but not compete against the Hogs.

cbjagman

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on May 13, 2010, 10:39:33 pm
Clint Conque needs no help as it regards recruiting QBs or other players.  Conque is an excellent recruiter, and Conque has extensive recruiting connections in the States of Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Texas.  The below is information regarding the 2010 Class QB that Conque signed in February on Signing Day:

Ryan Howard • 6-0, 190, QB

Vestavia Hills, Ala. • Vestavia Hills

• 2009 All-Hoover County First Team• 2009 “Over the Mountain” First Team• 2009 Birmingham News All-Academic Team• 2009 Alabama 7A Sportswriters All-State• Recorded more than 4,000 career yards passing, 37 touchdowns, 15 interceptions, 65% completion rate•

Additionally, Clint Conque landed the 21st ranked overall prospect from the State of Oklahoma (WR- Chris McAlister).  The below is a link to the Rivals page of Chris McAlister.  McAlister is a Rivals Rated Top 100 Wide Receiver in the Nation.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Chris-McAlister-85239

Chris McAlister • 6-2, 180, WR

Del City, Okla. • Del City HS

• 2009 Oklahoma Coaches All-State selection• 2009 Oil Bowl selection• 2009 VYPE Magazine All-State• Listed #21 overall prospect in Oklahoma• Rivals rated top 100 wide receivers in the nation• Recorded 100 receptions, 1,615 yards and 10 touchdowns during junior and senior years•

http://thecabin.net/news/2010-02-04/uca-signing-class-2010

Regarding Clint Conque's recruiting, when comparing Conque's Signee, Chris McAlister, to the below Wide Receiver that Bobby Petrino signed shows that Conque needs no help in recruiting.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/arkansas/football/recruiting/player-Javontee-Herndon-96291;_ylt=Aj27WZnnWV8jSVn8hf5H1wbzq5B4

Uhh...........you're still avoiding the question concerning former U of A qbs. Then again I doubt he knew of Youngblood's transfer before signing Howard in the spring.