Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Baseball Team up to number 7

Started by Hoggysoprano, March 14, 2005, 09:59:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

maniax22bolts20

Thats good news that we moved up. Not much trouble had we with the Panthers this weekend but South Carolina is a very different creature. I wonder when, if ever Arkansas has been #7 or higher playing #2 (USC) or higher on the road to begin a conference season. Chaliehog have an answer ? The Clash in Columbia begins at 6pm Central Friday along the Arkansas Razorback Baseball Network.

Lando Calrissian

Dave Van Horn is too chicken to play UALR!!!!!!!!

(sorry, I had to do it before somebody else did)
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

maniax22bolts20

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on March 15, 2005, 12:05:59 am
Dave Van Horn is too chicken to play UALR!!!!!!!!

(sorry, I had to do it before somebody else did)
Have you seen UALR lately ? I saw the Murray State series last week. MSU beat the Trojans 22-1 in 2 games in Hogan Field (16-1 and 6-0). Now, do you really want to see that matchup with UA this year? Oh I might ad that it was 44 degrees and they didn't even open the freaking concession stand. I had people from a Kentucky town of 150 asking me with we had food and drink in Little Rock. Ridiculous ! Usually its open though. I even drove to a conveinence store to get an old lady and grandaughter hot chocolate and a bottle of water.

Lando Calrissian

Van Horn is ducking UALR.

What a wuss!

:P

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Big Papa Satan

South Carolina is a whole different beast....even if we've been able to handle them in recent years.

Win or lose, I'm looking forward to the series.

Lando Calrissian

South Carolina is too chicken to take on UALR!!!!!!

:-*

CharlieHog

Quote from: maniax22bolts20 on March 14, 2005, 11:31:59 pm
Thats good news that we moved up. Not much trouble had we with the Panthers this weekend but South Carolina is a very different creature. I wonder when, if ever Arkansas has been #7 or higher playing #2 (USC) or higher on the road to begin a conference season. Chaliehog have an answer ? The Clash in Columbia begins at 6pm Central Friday along the Arkansas Razorback Baseball Network.

I doubt it. It's possible back in the 80s in the SWC when we were really good, maybe playing Texas or somebody to open the season on the road. It would be hard to find out though.

In the SEC? I doubt we have ever been ranked #7 going into conference play. I can't say for sure when we first broke into the top 10 in 1999, but I doubt it was this early.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Flatfoot

Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

Amityvillehogger

yeah, he's actually earning his paycheck....and heath's...
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

junkyardhog

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on March 15, 2005, 02:26:08 am
South Carolina is too chicken to take on UALR!!!!!!

:-*

you just ain't right!!

maniax22bolts20

Quote from: CharlieHog on March 15, 2005, 10:46:49 am
Quote from: maniax22bolts20 on March 14, 2005, 11:31:59 pm

I doubt it. It's possible back in the 80s in the SWC when we were really good, maybe playing Texas or somebody to open the season on the road. It would be hard to find out though.

In the SEC? I doubt we have ever been ranked #7 going into conference play. I can't say for sure when we first broke into the top 10 in 1999, but I doubt it was this early.
I was thinking IF a TOP 10 clash had happened conference opening weekend it had to be late 70's early 80s vs. maybe Texas too.Trying to locate information in the media guide to see if it's happened in school history.
Oh and again I'm a fan of all state schools.RE:UALR 2. I saw the first 6 innings at Hogan Park this afternoon before work with UALR leading Eastern Illinois 2-1. EIU probably had 35 or so fans there including a young lady with a kid of maybe 19 months.UALR had at one point over 40 there before it began sleeting (lasted an inning).Nice park and the fans that show up are loyal. Only one problem again, CONCESSION STAND CLOSED AGAIN !!! This time its like 38-40 degrees with an average wind of probably 24 mph +.You have young kids,injured adults and elderly out there some that have driven hundreds of miles to support their team and spend money in town and they can't even get coffee or hot chocolate much less a hot dog.Embarrassing as hell ! So again I am drawing maps on pieces of paper from my car for our visiting fans so that they can actualy find hot food and drinks in the largest town in the state.

pioneerhog

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on March 15, 2005, 12:18:16 pm
Quote from: Amityvillehogger on March 15, 2005, 12:18:16 pm
So when are we going to give him a raise, since he is actually winning and deserves a raise?

PorcineSublime

Great times for the baseball team. I want to be the first to say however, that if we win 1 of 3 in Columbia we did ok. If we win two of three,we rocked. And if we win 3 of 3 we should crap ourselves and get drunk. I would not be surprised to see us win this series, but I would not be surprised if we lost 2-3 three. These guys are good and we will have to be at our best to win at all. Doesn't mean a whole lot if we don't win the series. Means a heck of a lot if we do. Good times indeed.WPS
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

pioneerhog

Quote from: PorcineSublime on March 15, 2005, 09:03:59 pm
Great times for the baseball team. I want to be the first to say however, that if we win 1 of 3 in Columbia we did ok. If we win two of three,we rocked. And if we win 3 of 3 we should crap ourselves and get drunk. I would not be surprised to see us win this series, but I would not be surprised if we lost 2-3 three. These guys are good and we will have to be at our best to win at all. Doesn't mean a whole lot if we don't win the series. Means a heck of a lot if we do. Good times indeed.WPS
Why do they have to win all three to get drunk.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: pioneerhog on March 15, 2005, 09:09:05 pm
Why do they have to win all three to get drunk.
Good point. Carry on.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

maniax22bolts20

We need 2 out of 3 to set the course for the confrence season.A Top 10 team does that. Once you get down in this league its very difficult to play your way out of a deep hole.

Arkapigdiesel

The Hog Nation hasn't been this fired up this early into baseball season since........I honestly don't know if it's ever been like this.  Thank You Coach Van Horn.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

pioneerhog

junkyardhog

I would very much like to see a hogs baseball game. I never have simply because I think baseball is too slow now. I think there should be a shot clock on the pitchers mound, like in basketball.

I have signed my little boy up for T-ball. He just turned 4. Everyday when I get in from work he wants to go outside and play "baseball". EVERY DAY!!! Maybe he would like a hogs baseball game!?

CharlieHog

The pace of baseball is one of its best qualities.

Extra Point

Quote from: junkyardhog on March 15, 2005, 10:39:06 pm
I would very much like to see a hogs baseball game. I never have simply because I think baseball is too slow now. I think there should be a shot clock on the pitchers mound, like in basketball.

I have signed my little boy up for T-ball. He just turned 4. Everyday when I get in from work he wants to go outside and play "baseball". EVERY DAY!!! Maybe he would like a hogs baseball game!?
I am not the world's biggest baseball fan, but the Hog games are a LOT of fun.  My nephews, now 6 and 4 absolutely love going to the games.  Yes, they can get a little squirmy, but the beauty of Baum is you can walk around with them and still see the game.

sooie dog

And if we win 3 of 3 we should crap ourselves and get drunk.

I've known people to get drunk and crap themself but never crap themself then get drunk.  I guess it's whatever works for you.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005