Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sounds like Heath may get rid of Modica and Sullivan

Started by Hoggysoprano, March 14, 2005, 08:01:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggysoprano

I think that is a big mistake,. He'd be better off to get rid of Ferguson and Famatimi.

JD_85

None of those 4 bring anything more to the table than the other. Sure they bring different aspects of the game but all in all, they are all on the same level in my opinion. At least that's how it was this year. Next year with proper coaching that could change.

Slacker

Things would be easier if Heath would bow out, and give the U of A a head start on hiring a new coach. Giving the program a chance to salvage its self before next year.

rricha

blyhog

Now wouldn't that just be conveniently ironic
to get rid of two players that you didn't recruit.
That will certainly solve all his PROBLEMS as a
coach!?!?! Heath is a smokescreener, that is
at best, a mid-major coach that needs booting
out right NOW!!! If Heath was not black, he
never would've been hired in the first place.
And that, also serves as the reason he continues
to get reprieves from the HOGNATION!!!!!

rricha

junkyardhog

Quote from: Slacker on March 14, 2005, 08:12:14 pm
Things would be easier if Heath would bow out, and give the U of A a head start on hiring a new coach. Giving the program a chance to salvage its self before next year.

Slacker, glad you are finally seeing my point of view ;)   Where you been? slumming again? :)  BTW- thanks for putting me on to this site dude. I owe you one!!!

blyhog

WOW!! That's a novel idea!! I could not be playing the
race card against old STAN!! I am a black man, that
happens to love my UofA and don't want to see any
one bring that program down regardless of color!!

Buff

Quote from: blyhog on March 14, 2005, 10:42:18 pm
If Heath was not black, he
and i bet if nolan was white he never would have been fired

Call Mr. Sow

I read an article in the NWA Times that Heath has ruled out player changes and coaching changes for this offseason.  Glad to see he's taking this top-to-bottom re-evaluation of the program so seriously that he's already completed the most important assessments.

junkyardhog

Quote from: Call Mr. Sow on March 15, 2005, 09:40:36 am
I read an article in the NWA Times that Heath has ruled out player changes and coaching changes for this offseason. Glad to see he's taking this top-to-bottom re-evaluation of the program so seriously that he's already completed the most important assessments.

Please post a link. I would LOVE to read that!!!!

Call Mr. Sow

Quote from: junkyardhog on March 15, 2005, 09:52:25 am
Quote from: Call Mr. Sow on March 15, 2005, 09:40:36 am
I read an article in the NWA Times that Heath has ruled out player changes and coaching changes for this offseason. Glad to see he's taking this top-to-bottom re-evaluation of the program so seriously that he's already completed the most important assessments.

Please post a link. I would LOVE to read that!!!!

OK, I'll look for the link.  I read it in the print version on the crapper this morning, but I'm sure the article is online. 

Mr A Ziffell

Quote from: President (almost Dictator) Buffinator Flex on March 15, 2005, 09:36:01 am
Quote from: blyhog on March 14, 2005, 10:42:18 pm
If Heath was not black, he
and i bet if nolan was white he never would have been fired

BS & BS

Call Mr. Sow

OK, the link is:  http://arkansas.scout.com/2/360156.html

I pulled out one sentence from the article for your consideration:

Heath's promised "top to bottom" evaluation of his program began Monday with individual meetings with the players and Friday ruled out either player or staff changes.

junkyardhog

Quote from: Call Mr. Sow on March 15, 2005, 10:03:13 am
OK, the link is:  http://arkansas.scout.com/2/360156.html

I pulled out one sentence from the article for your consideration:

Heath's promised "top to bottom" evaluation of his program began Monday with individual meetings with the players and Friday ruled out either player or staff changes.

Damn good article and it proves Heath is a freaking idiot!!  It proves he is not going to try to do anything else!!! I'm furious, like it matters.

I am going to steal your quote and post on a new thread as many may not read this.

Call Mr. Sow

Fletch

One of the the things I like about Heath and Nutt is they both seem to sincerely care about the kids. If Modica, Sullivan, or Ferguson were adament about quitting, then so be it. I would wish them the best. But you don't kick them off the team before their senior year if they haven' t violated any rules. The only thing idiotic is expecting that to happen. If they all want to come back for their senior year, then they should be allowed with the knowledge that it will take a change in attitude (if that is the problem) to see playing time.
I feel like $100

Arkapigdiesel

That article basically reaffirms what I thought all along.....there is NO leadership up top.  It HAS to start with the Head Coach.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

mikeirwin

Quote from: Hoggysoprano on March 15, 2005, 01:30:28 pm
Quote from: Fletch on March 15, 2005, 10:15:01 am
One of the the things I like about Heath and Nutt is they both seem to sincerely care about the kids. If Modica, Sullivan, or Ferguson were adament about quitting, then so be it. I would wish them the best. But you don't kick them off the team before their senior year if they haven' t violated any rules. The only thing idiotic is expecting that to happen. If they all want to come back for their senior year, then they should be allowed with the knowledge that it will take a change in attitude (if that is the problem) to see playing time.

Thsi "carign about the kids " thing, one of the most successful college coaches I know of was Barry Switzer. He won three national champinships at Oklhoma, played on a national championship team at Arkansas and won a Super Bowl with Dallas. His first team meeting at OU he told his players this, " Boys I don't want to hear your sad stories, I have heard a lot of sad stories, my mother committed suicide when I was 21, my dad was a bootlegger and I couldn't even get a date in High School because of his reputation and he was murdered, so don't go telling me your sad stories". Maybe Heath and Nutt are too easy on the "boys".
College football is not church league soccer.
The best way to show you "care about the kids" is to put a winning team on the field. Ask any of these guys before the first day of practice if they want to win or if they want to have a warm and fuzzy relationship with the coach. We know what they will say.

3kgthog

That article isn't accurate according to its author.  It should've read "neither ruled out player or staff changes." Jensen claims the editor removed the word neither from his original sentence.  So you can bet there might be some changes in staff or roster later this week.

Mason

Wouldn't it be difficult for Heath to move too many players under the new academic rules regarding graduation rates?  Perhaps I could use a clarification, but it seems like he almost has to keep his Seniors right now.
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading.  The few who learn by observation.  The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.----Will Rogers

mikeirwin

Quote from: HogConscious on March 15, 2005, 02:54:06 pm
Wouldn't it be difficult for Heath to move too many players under the new academic rules regarding graduation rates? Perhaps I could use a clarification, but it seems like he almost has to keep his Seniors right now.
I think these new rules are a politically correct smoke screen to satisfy faculty members around the country who hate college basketball because a kid can drop out of school early and make money in the NBA, Europe or wherever. They don't like these kids in their classes. So the new rules will make them think coaches will have to try to force their athletes to graduate.
The truth is you can't make ANYBODY stay in school. Especially if they can drop out and make more money than some over educated kid with three degrees.
What will end up happening is that schools will come up with a system to fudge the numbers. I want to see the NCAA come in and tell schools like Oklahoma, USC, LSU, Miami and Tennessee that they have just had their scholarships reduced. Remember the bad a*s death penalty ? Who got it ? One school with no fan base to speak of. The NCAA is a joke and their rules are bogus.

tophawg19

BLYHOG  good to hear . You stated the facts clearly no sugar coating .that takes the race card out . you kind of took the wind out of that arguement thanks. that article by heath scared hell out of me . NO CHANGES COMING were in TROUBLE BIG TIME .wE NEED ABOUT 7 new players  .I'm not sure KOBE ; LABRON ; SHAQ ;& JASON KIDD could help with S.H.coaching
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Slacker

Quote from: junkyardhog on March 14, 2005, 10:49:35 pm
Quote from: Slacker on March 14, 2005, 08:12:14 pm

Slacker, glad you are finally seeing my point of view ;) Where you been? slumming again? :) BTW- thanks for putting me on to this site dude. I owe you one!!!

JHY, I've been around here! Guess our path's have not crossed in a while. Ya, this site rocks! I turned to the darkside after the last Alabama game. It all became clear to me then that Heath was not going to be able to get er done. And, the fact that Heath did not manage to make it to the NIT (wether we would have been invited is debatable) was the final straw. It's time to cut bait.

ANYWAY... You can buy me a beer at the next tailgate party! :)

P.S. karma bump to ya brother! ;)

Fletch

Hoggy are you arguing FOR kicking them off the team because that was my point? If so, using Barry Switzer as an example is questionable. Didn't you have to rape or kill someone to get kicked off the sooners? O.K., bring back Barry and lets cheat are way to the top. That is, if he can make it through the metal detectors at the airport. ;D
I feel like $100

Fletch

I am as ready as anyone. Starting to forget what it feels like.
I feel like $100

Kodiak

Quote from: mikeirwin on March 15, 2005, 04:48:37 pm

I think these new rules are a politically correct smoke screen to satisfy faculty members around the country who hate college basketball because a kid can drop out of school early and make money in the NBA, Europe or wherever. They don't like these kids in their classes. So the new rules will make them think coaches will have to try to force their athletes to graduate.
The truth is you can't make ANYBODY stay in school. Especially if they can drop out and make more money than some over educated kid with three degrees.
What will end up happening is that schools will come up with a system to fudge the numbers. I want to see the NCAA come in and tell schools like Oklahoma, USC, LSU, Miami and Tennessee that they have just had their scholarships reduced. Remember the bad a*s death penalty ? Who got it ? One school with no fan base to speak of. The NCAA is a joke and their rules are bogus.

Mike I cannot agree with you anymore than I do now!  What I want to know is there any way to slap the NCAA down a bit? Maybe some of the D1's starting another group?
If that happens maybe OZ can stay with Sleepy.  ;D
Due to the lack of interest, the remainder of this day has been cancelled.
K.I.S.S.  Keep It Simple Stupid!

mikeirwin

Quote from: Kodiak on March 15, 2005, 07:28:39 pm
Quote from: mikeirwin on March 15, 2005, 04:48:37 pm

Mike I cannot agree with you anymore than I do now!  What I want to know is there any way to slap the NCAA down a bit? Maybe some of the D1's starting another group?
If that happens maybe OZ can stay with Sleepy. ;D
Not any time soon. The NCAA is not just a bunch of administrators in Indianapolis. It is the people from the member schools who sit on various committees making rules and enforcing those rules. Their thinking won't change until attendance starts dropping off and the money begins to get tight. If that happens women's athletes will be hit right in the pocket book. If the women start complaining, things will change.
It's amazing to me that so many administrators on the women's side are antagonistic toward football. If I were in their shoes I'd be telling the head football coach that he had my support on whatever he needed. If I had a rich uncle who was paying all my bills would I go around trashing him ?  Not unless I was very stupid.

Kodiak

Quote from: mikeirwin on March 15, 2005, 10:01:04 pm
It's amazing to me that so many administrators on the women's side are antagonistic toward football. If I were in their shoes I'd be telling the head football coach that he had my support on whatever he needed.

What is that old adage when you give someone a handout they will hate you, but they will want more!
Due to the lack of interest, the remainder of this day has been cancelled.
K.I.S.S.  Keep It Simple Stupid!