Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why doesn't Heath put his name up for the E. Michigan job?

Started by Razorod, March 14, 2005, 11:21:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorod

He has to know he's on thin ice here. Broyles doesn't want to/can't in good conscience fire him, but he definitely shot a canon ball across the bow of Heath's ship with the "no to the NIT" advice/warning/demand. Seems to me that going back to Michigan would be a good gig for Heath, wife and family might be happier, gets to go on his own terms and keep a semblance of his dignity. I'd think E. Michigan would be interested in him and he'd have a better chance of succeeding as a head coach. Maybe it's just me and wishful thinking, but I don't see how next year can turn out that well.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Phat Hawg

Quote from: Razorod on March 14, 2005, 11:21:48 am
He has to know he's on thin ice here. Broyles doesn't want to/can't in good conscience fire him, but he definitely shot a canon ball across the bow of Heath's ship with the "no to the NIT" advice/warning/demand. Seems to me that going back to Michigan would be a good gig for Heath, wife and family might be happier, gets to go on his own terms and keep a semblance of his dignity. I'd think E. Michigan would be interested in him and he'd have a better chance of succeeding as a head coach. Maybe it's just me and wishful thinking, but I don't see how next year can turn out that well.

Other than the massive paycut?  Other than the fact that next year he will make as much as he would in 4 years at Eastern Michigan?  Other than the fact that his buyout will probably be bigger than his annual pay at Eastern Michigan?

Other than those 3 things I can't think of any reason he wouldn't go after that job.

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.