Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congratulations to Arkansas Native Doc Sadler

Started by GoHogs1091, March 13, 2005, 09:17:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GoHogs1091

Congratulations to Arkansas native Doc Sadler, whose UTEP Miners defeated Boise State 91-78 to win the Western Athletic Conference Tournament.  With the win, UTEP received an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.  Sadler's UTEP team is 27-7.  UTEP Guard Filiberto Rivera scored 32 points.

UTEP is a team that could go far in the NCAA Tournament.  Sadler is an excellent Coach.  The following is what Boise State Head Coach, Greg Graham, stated about UTEP.  The information is from an AP Article linked below:

"Boise State coach Greg Graham said he expects UTEP to make some noise in the NCAA Tournament."

"Whoever they get in the tournament, they can matchup with," Graham said. "Their biggest plus is they can play any style. They can play fast or in the half court. They always take care of the ball and they can score from any position," he said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=250712638

Fletch

Doc hasn't done anything Stan Heath didn't do at Kent State. Won about 25+ gaames, made noise in NCAAT, got a job at a larger school. I can't remember which one fo you guys posted the quote about the definition of insanity being doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results but in my opinion hiring Doc would be a prime example.
I feel like $100

hawgball

There were a few postings last month about a possible tournament match-up of Arkansas and UTEP - guess that's one we won't have to worry about.  I would like to see Doc and UTEP make a strong run.

maniax22bolts20

Always good to see a state product make good at anything. Congratulations to Doc Sadler ! Well we do have a team in the NCAA anyway. Grin. Burrow through your bracket Miners !

Fletch

Damn this guy must be older than dirt. My apology, I thought he was a young up and coming coach. Still the only thing impressive about your post is how much you seem to know about him. He was a JUCO coach. Maybe we should hire Shebest to coach the football team. By the way Heath was an assistant coach for MSU and helped win a national title. He was even credited with being a great recruiter but I am sure you have already heard all of that. I apologize that my knowledge of SH pales in comparison to your knowledge of that guy that coached junior college apparently because no one else in this country knew what a great coach he really is. Luckily, the mighty miners discovered him. My, those guys really do know how to pan for gold. ...................BTW I'm just funning with you. I'm in the middle of watching Fletch on Spike TV and for some reason had the urge to be a smart alec.
I feel like $100

Fletch

I understand that. The point I was trying to make is in response to the overwhelming number of posts stating that we need an "established proven winner from a big time school." No more guys from mid majors whose main success was as an asst. coach. We are better than that. We deserve more, we have the money, we have the facilities, we're the 8th best program of all time, lets bash Stan Heath, lets get someone who is big time. Yes, I agree. Me too. So do I. It's unanimous. .........yada,yada,yada....................Hey, how about Doc Sadler. What a joke.
I feel like $100

Pragmatic PiG

Doc is on espn news doing a press conference right now talking up future opponent Bogut from Utah

i am taking the miners over the utes.....