Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MLB Playoffs 2016.

Started by SpeedyHog, October 05, 2016, 01:16:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeedyHog

October 05, 2016, 01:16:11 pm Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 01:32:40 pm by SpeedyHog
My pick to win the world series is the Red Sox. Sorry Cub Fans. On a side note I thought some Blue Jays fans were classless last night. SMH
Call Me Trumpton.

southarkhog06

over/under on number of times the benches clear in the ALDS?

SpeedyHog

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 05, 2016, 01:36:01 pm
over/under on number of times the benches clear in the ALDS?
I'd say at least twice. I feel for Odor. He gonna get decked by a pitch in Toronto.
Call Me Trumpton.

cosmodrum

The Toronto fans are the worst in MLB
Go away, batin'

SpeedyHog

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 05, 2016, 01:48:26 pm
The Toronto fans are the worst in MLB

I agree. That Guy who throw the bottle better be glad it did not hit Kim. He'd definitely facing charges if it made contact with Him. 
Call Me Trumpton.

cosmodrum

Quote from: SpeedyHog on October 05, 2016, 01:55:11 pm
I agree. That Guy who throw the bottle better be glad it did not hit Kim. He'd definitely facing charges if it made contact with Him. 

He's already facing charges. Police are asking that he turns himself in, and that "they have pictures"
Go away, batin'

SpeedyHog

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 05, 2016, 02:11:21 pm
He's already facing charges. Police are asking that he turns himself in, and that "they have pictures"
Good to hear. I hope He get's prosecuted and thrown in jail. I fear for the safety of the Texas Rangers players while in rogers stadium. Hostile place.
Call Me Trumpton.

cosmodrum

Quote from: SpeedyHog on October 05, 2016, 02:19:50 pm
Good to hear. I hope He get's prosecuted and thrown in jail. I fear for the safety of the Texas Rangers players while in rogers stadium. Hostile place.

which is weird because Canadians are so docile, typically, eh
Go away, batin'

SpeedyHog

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 05, 2016, 02:21:22 pm
which is weird because Canadians are so docile, typically, eh

Maybe it's something in the water in Toronto this time of the year.
Call Me Trumpton.

cosmodrum

Quote from: SpeedyHog on October 05, 2016, 02:27:46 pm
Maybe it's something in the water in Toronto this time of the year.

teeming with douchebaggery
Go away, batin'

SpeedyHog

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 05, 2016, 02:29:10 pm
teeming with douchebaggery

I hope Texas takes out Toronto in the ALDS. I think they will.
Call Me Trumpton.

cosmodrum

Quote from: SpeedyHog on October 05, 2016, 02:32:31 pm
I hope Texas takes out Toronto in the ALDS. I think they will.

same here
Go away, batin'

southarkhog06

I like chaos, so I hope it goes a full 5.

As for who I'm rooting for, I dunno. Toronto has the most classless fanbase, but I got so tired of hearing Rangers fans bitch and moan all offseason about the batflip, I dunno if I can root for them either.

SpeedyHog

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 06, 2016, 10:43:02 am
Don't worry Cards fans... we got this.  Again.

I'd be scared Cub Fans. It's a even year and the Giants are still alive and ticking.
Call Me Trumpton.

cosmodrum

Quote from: SpeedyHog on October 06, 2016, 10:50:49 am
I'd be scared Cub Fans. It's a even year and the Giants are still alive and ticking.

As a Royals fan, I know all too well about MadBum's dominance. If he's not on that roster, Royals win back to back WS.

Dude doesn't have a pitch count. I'm convinced he could throw 400 pitches.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: SpeedyHog on October 05, 2016, 02:19:50 pm

Don't know if you saw, but the doosher turned himself in.
Go away, batin'

GolfNut57

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 06, 2016, 11:04:33 am
Don't know if you saw, but the doosher turned himself in.

The so-called doosher did turn himself in but claims it wasn't he that threw the beer. He states that he was drinking from a plastic cup and also alleges that twitter pics can back him up on it.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

cosmodrum

Quote from: GolfNut57 on October 06, 2016, 11:14:22 am
The so-called doosher did turn himself in but claims it wasn't he that threw the beer. He states that he was drinking from a plastic cup and also alleges that twitter pics can back him up on it.

Then why did he bail immediately?
Go away, batin'

GolfNut57

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

jbell96

Cards fan here, I have a lot of friends that are Cubs fans & their disdain for the Cards is so strong, they were happy to see the Giants in the playoffs instead of us. I have repeatedly warned them about "Even Year Devil Magic" and that we would be an easier opponent, but they think they are fine since they handled the Giants in the regular season.

SpeedyHog

Quote from: jbell96 on October 06, 2016, 12:39:40 pm
Cards fan here, I have a lot of friends that are Cubs fans & their disdain for the Cards is so strong, they were happy to see the Giants in the playoffs instead of us. I have repeatedly warned them about "Even Year Devil Magic" and that we would be an easier opponent, but they think they are fine since they handled the Giants in the regular season.
Cub Fans should ask Card Fans how the 2012 matchup went in the playoffs. Giants in the playoffs are a different animal then in the regular season.
Call Me Trumpton.

southarkhog06

Quote from: SpeedyHog on October 06, 2016, 12:55:13 pm
Cub Fans should ask Card Fans how the 2012 matchup went in the playoffs. Giants in the playoffs are a different animal then in the regular season.
I am a cubs fan, its the playoffs you should be very concerned about every team you play. I don't like the matchups of any team left in the NL. However I really want this series for 2 reasons:

1. Any attempt to talk baseball with my Giants fan friends this year has gone like this,

ME: [insert discussion about, player, team stats, ect.]

Giants fan: yea but its an even year, and Madbum is the bestestestestest!!!!!!!

2. Madison Baumgardner has the emotional maturity of my 3 yo daughter.

cosmodrum

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 06, 2016, 01:13:17 pm
I am a cubs fan, its the playoffs you should be very concerned about every team you play. I don't like the matchups of any team left in the NL. However I really want this series for 2 reasons:

1. Any attempt to talk baseball with my Giants fan friends this year has gone like this,

I'll say this, he was practically unhittable in the 2014 WS. All we could do is tip our hat.
Go away, batin'

SpeedyHog

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 06, 2016, 01:13:17 pm

I have the Cubs getting upset in this series. Giants move on
Call Me Trumpton.

southarkhog06

Quote from: SpeedyHog on October 06, 2016, 01:23:14 pm
I have the Cubs getting upset in this series. Giants move on
let me guess: yea but its an even year, and Madbum is the bestestestestest!!!!!!!

southarkhog06

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 06, 2016, 01:15:34 pm
I'll say this, he was practically unhittable in the 2014 WS. All we could do is tip our hat.
I'm not doubting his talent and X-factorness. Dude is nails, he just comes from the Sale, Greinke, Dyson mold of pitchers.

SpeedyHog

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 06, 2016, 01:36:35 pm
let me guess: yea but its an even year, and Madbum is the bestestestestest!!!!!!!
They are playing some great Baseball right now and like You said it's a even year.
Call Me Trumpton.

southarkhog06

October 06, 2016, 02:41:55 pm #27 Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 02:53:58 pm by southarkhog06
Quote from: SpeedyHog on October 06, 2016, 01:43:02 pm
They are playing some great Baseball right now and like You said it's a even year.
I guess, before the WC game they swept a resting dodgers team in 3, and before that won against the rockies in 3, before that a 3 game series loss at the dodgers and two 4-game splits to the Cards and Padres.

11-9 in their last 20, you can say that you think the dodgers series gave them the momentum to make a run and that you believe in the even year voodoo. I don't think you can make a case for them playing great baseball right now.

SpeedyHog

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 06, 2016, 02:41:55 pm
I guess, before the WC game they swept a resting dodgers team in 3, and before that won against the rockies in 3, before that a 3 game series loss at the dodgers and two 4-game splits to the Cards and Padres.

11-9 in their last 20, you can say that you think the dodgers series gave them the momentum to make a run and that you believe in the even year voodoo. I don't think you can make a case for them playing great baseball right now.

I don't trust the Cubs in the playoffs. There is a reason the Cubs have not won a world series in what 96 years? Anyways I am glad My Cards has two world series Championships in last 10 years. 4 WS Appearances in that span. Just watching the playoffs this year. No team to root for.
Call Me Trumpton.

GolfNut57

Quote from: SpeedyHog on October 06, 2016, 03:18:27 pm
I don't trust the Cubs in the playoffs. There is a reason the Cubs have not won a world series in what 96 years? Anyways I am glad My Cards has two world series Championships in last 10 years. 4 WS Appearances in that span. Just watching the playoffs this year. No team to root for.

They haven't won since 1908 I think it is. 108 years ago.

GolfNut57

So who wins the five game set between Boston and Cleveland? And will it go five games?

SpeedyHog

Quote from: GolfNut57 on October 06, 2016, 03:27:43 pm
They haven't won since 1908 I think it is. 108 years ago.
Yeah it's 108 years. My bad.
Call Me Trumpton.

southarkhog06

Oh I get it now, a Cards fan. The Cubs having any success is eating at you so bad that you are hoping the Giants can do what your team couldn't.

This will be a tough series you may get your wish.

SpeedyHog

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 07, 2016, 08:39:53 am
Oh I get it now, a Cards fan. The Cubs having any success is eating at you so bad that you are hoping the Giants can do what your team couldn't.

This will be a tough series you may get your wish.

It's not eating at Me. I am enjoying a relaxing October. Those 2 World Series Championships and 4 WS appearances has Me content.
Call Me Trumpton.

southarkhog06

Holy cow!!!! What a game!!!!!

Maybe bochy should tell cueto to worry more about  pitching than doing cutesy windups.

cosmodrum

The Rangers piss me off. Give these doucheweeds a game.
Go away, batin'

SpeedyHog

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 08, 2016, 01:11:33 am
The Rangers piss me off. Give these doucheweeds a game.

Remember the Rangers from 2011?
Call Me Trumpton.

clutch

Yeah there's a reason they haven't won in 108 years, it's because they haven't had the team that they have right now in 108 years. I'm a Cards fan, so I can't stand the Cubs, but the team they have assembled is unbelievably good and is going to be for quite some time. If not this year, that streak is going to end very soon.

southarkhog06

The blue Jays, have learned an amazing thing. If you go with the pitches and use the big part of the field instead of swinging for the second deck all night can yield good results.

Dr. Starcs

Man, I know it'd be different if it was my team, but some of these games are like watching soccer.

clutch

Cubs fans may finally get to see that World Series win happen at Wrigley tonight that they've been waiting their whole life for. Unfortunately for them, it will be the visitors winning if they do.