Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

lame excuses about why we are not any good this year !

Started by hawg IQ, October 28, 2012, 03:59:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawg IQ

enough already !? answer is < we don't have a coach, we don't have a coach.
What would any team do without a coach.  No JL Smith is not a coach, so don't go there.
  I've heard its out depth, oh no Its our recruiting, bp left it in shambles.

Hey look at Nick Saban, they are # 1 in the country and for all the world look unbeatable. Is he happy ? no he's his kick ass and not taking names same kind of guy, even while beating the sap out of a good miss. state team.
   If we are looking for a coach, now he's  the kind of guy we need. The old player's coach and he just needs time to get his guys and build the program is same old lame stuff we always hear.
  Folks we don't have a coach ! and the sad part is ,we are not going to get a coach.
I'm not going to attack Jeff Long again.  Yet we think we've gotten past the rough spots in the season, only to find oh no, we still can't play defense and can't get it right on offense.
   Remember the play where we had 5 guys in the back field and hit the tight end for an uncontested td only to get it called back> we don't have a coach !
   How did we get here?  a few years back it was HDN telling chuck barrett " hey chuck, I called de play, I called it" ! its one dufus after another coming through here making us look like the idiots we must be!
  I'm tired of it all and ready to let "pondwater jack" or "forest city joe" take a shot !
am I venting? YES I'm venting !! I can't stand to lose to Ol Miss. WE were off 2 weeks and got a punt blocked, out qb missing wide open receivers, defense never cover middle of the field all day, ol miss ran same play over and over , do we practice? We don't have a coach.
go hogs go !

BartIV

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Iceman

Bobby's assistants. Bobby's Players. Bobby's Recruits. Bobby's System.

Bobby would have made a difference, but we were never going to be as good as people thought we were.

I noticed that from the first day of spring ball. This defense was weak and we lacked skill at WR outside of Cobi, especially after Wade went down.

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

ThreeWayInn

Iceman nailed it...on top of all of that...the schedule was set up nicely in spite of our deficiencies..so BP would have made a difference...but this team was never what some of us let ourselves believe it was.

It was a 9 win team...at best...playing a mediocre schedule...but most likely with BP...an 8 win team playing a mediocre schedule.

RollTideHog

The reason Arkansas does not have an elite football team is because The University of Arkansas, the PTB do not want to be..

They just want to field a decent team and it bit them in the ass..

The_Iceman

Quote from: RollTideHog on October 28, 2012, 04:09:02 pm
The reason Arkansas does not have an elite football team is because The University of Arkansas, the PTB do not want to be..

They just want to field a decent team and it bit them in the ass..

The reason we are not elite is because we have to get 90% of our players out of state. We also are playing in the toughest conference in the county.

With the team and Bobby Petrino as Head Coach, we would probably win or come in second in most conferences right now. Unfortunately, we are in the SEC, with most of the top football programs in history.

The last two years, our team was loaded with some of the best in state prospects we have ever seen. We had experienced and talented Juniors and Seniors, and a lot of these players were 4-star ranked. After those guys moved on, we had nothing from the 2010 and 2011 classes to replace them with.

Last season, our schedule set up very fortunate for us. We faced the two teams we were not going to beat on the road, and got all of our tough games at home. This season, we had very tough games NOT in our HOME stadium: TAMU, South Carolina, Mississippi State, Ole Miss. 

Now, we look to 2013 with no Wilson, Hamilton, Gragg, Johnson, Wright, Highsmith. Still no one replacing the production from Wright, Adams, and Childs at WR from 2011. It was going to be a rough 2013, even with Bobby.

hawg IQ

Y
Quote from: BartIV on October 28, 2012, 04:03:39 pm
Our name should be "Can't Git Right"
you know a great point !  why can we not get it right? 2 weeks off and look as inept as we did yesterday. I think sometimes the coaches and players has just lost all heart.  Its just sooo frustrating !!
go hogs go !

BP would have brought this team home with 9 to 11 regular season wins.  I truly believe that when you consider the best player SC east has is now injured.  Its our current coaching.  The HC fell for the BS that all he had to do was drive the bus.  The assistants believed they were capable of bringing home a winner.                                                                                         

Playing average decent defenses, this offense was capable of scoring 35 to 45 every week with coaching.  They couldn't do that against LSU and Bama but likely could have outscored everyone but maybe A&M. 

These coaches were mindset warped to start the season.  They are in fact not as good or as coordinated as many good high school staffs.  They lost their leader, their head and the body died.