Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Justice Hansen

Started by Seminole Indian, September 22, 2017, 08:01:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

A-State QB Justice Hansen is off to a good start and according to HC Blake Anderson in today's Jonesboro Sun, primarily because  he is making good decisions.

Hansen is currently 6th in passing average of 375.5 yards per game.

His completion percentage 70.7% (# 16 in FBS).

He has 8 TD passes (#11 in FBS), and a Pass Efficiency rating of 157.1 (#32 in FBS ).

A-State leads the SBC in scoring, but Anderson did say that Hansen missed a few "layups" in the UAPB game that  were "the difference in scoring 48 and scoring 68" . While  that was not an issue against UAPB, Anderson said " in a game like Saturday (SMU), those are critical".

Hansen's success in passing has been critical because the improved running game, behind what was promised to be a more physical OL, has yet to materialize.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Seminole Indian

Hansen went 16-26-0 for 234 yards, and 2 TD's in their loss to SMU. Also rushed 7 times for 44 yards.

Missed part of the 1st half, and all but one series in the 2nd half with back spasms, so was on track to have a very good game.

They certainly need him behind center.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Seminole Indian

Got to  practice on a limited basis Saturday.

Will be a game day decision if he will play Wednesday against Georgia Southern.

Seminole Indian

October 07, 2017, 02:36:11 pm #3 Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 03:35:57 pm by Seminole Indian
With limited practice to prepare for Georgia Southern, Hansen finished 12 of 26 for 316 yds, with 4 interceptions, and 4 TD's.

Hansen should benefit by having 10 days to get ready for the home game against Coastal Carolina, because he is certainly the key to their offense.