Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

There are a bunch of coaches underpaid out there . pettersen , sumlin , mullen .

Started by tophawg19, October 25, 2012, 10:04:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tophawg19

we need to start showing strong interest in them. even if we don't want them or get them it will make our adversaries have to pay more to keep them. Is there a more over paid duo than mack brown and kirk ferentz . two spots that may be open although i think brown has bought 1 more year with all the staff changes last year
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Tim Harris

Not that he is coming here but Jimbo Fishers salary shocks me.  Only making $2,250,000 at FSU.

GolfnHog

Quote from: Tim Harris on October 25, 2012, 10:07:35 am
Not that he is coming here but Jimbo Fishers salary shocks me.  Only making $2,250,000 at FSU.

yeah, but there is no state income tax to pay!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

tophawg19

i was suprised both ways on some of these coaches . some way to high and some shockingly low

Aston Martin 8 dude

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 25, 2012, 10:04:42 am
we need to start showing strong interest in them. even if we don't want them or get them it will make our adversaries have to pay more to keep them. Is there a more over paid duo than mack brown and kirk ferentz . two spots that may be open although i think brown has bought 1 more year with all the staff changes last year
Uhhh.........as much as you may not agree with JL I think most would agree why would we be interested in wasting our time (and theres)  talking with unlikely/unrealistic names merely for the sake of giving them raises? We saw WAY too much of that the last time around. We don't need for a bunch of coaches to be playing cute "games" merely for the sake of "blackmailing" their current programs for a bigger payday. Cut the crap and concentrate on talking with legitimate candidates. Besides, if the HC is underpaid (in his mind at least) let him work it out with his current program. That's what he pays his agent to do.

Danny J

Only way to get Peterson or even have a shot at him is to offer a obscene amount of money($5m). I just don't think he is worth that right now. If he was doing what he is doing now in the Big 12, Pac 12, SEC, Big 10 then yes.

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on October 25, 2012, 02:43:56 pm
Only way to get Peterson or even have a shot at him is to offer a obscene amount of money($5m). I just don't think he is worth that right now. If he was doing what he is doing now in the Big 12, Pac 12, SEC, Big 10 then yes.
I agree! I am a fan of Petersen, but I would like to take a look at Brent Pease also. He is at Florida as OC and played a huge role in the success at Boise. If we look at coordinators- I would not mind looking at him.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

BartIV

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on October 25, 2012, 02:43:56 pm
and if we are offering 5 million, we would start with Saban.

tophawg19

petersen isn't that highly paid . the more the opposition has to pay a coach the less they have to spend on other areas of football . like hiring better assistants . sumlin at a little over 2 million can afford more than he could at 4 mil.

MiHogsMi

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 25, 2012, 10:04:42 am

Lovely.   Now our role is to run up the bids.

I think you watch too much crap on TV.  Isn't there some show where folks auction off crap in storage?  I bet you're that guy running up the bids by $25 and then bowing out.

Lets just target the coach we want. 
I don't view The University of Arkansas Football Program as Mr. CBB's personal Petri dish to experiment and tinker with for HIS pleasure and learning curve.

Danny J

Quote from: BartIV on October 25, 2012, 03:10:40 pm
and if we are offering 5 million, we would start with Saban.
There are truly only a two people coaching right now in college that would command that type of money. Saban and Meyer. My point however was in regards to Peterson leaving BSU. It would have to be more than he is worth to get him out of BSU. No way we offer him that kind of money. Maybe 3.5.

Chief Mac

Quote from: Glenn (TxRzrbak) R on October 25, 2012, 10:10:14 am
yeah, but there is no state income tax to pay!

and there is so much talent in NW Florida and South Ga that Jimbo and crew doesn't have to work much to fill a roster full of future NFL caliber players
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Styflin

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on October 25, 2012, 03:08:11 pm
I agree! I am a fan of Petersen, but I would like to take a look at Brent Pease also. He is at Florida as OC and played a huge role in the success at Boise. If we look at coordinators- I would not mind looking at him.

He was a WR coach for most of his tenure at Boise. Only became OC in 2011 before bolting to Florida. I like what he is doing at Florida but Chris Peterson is the guy we want. Not only does Peterson develop players but coaches as well.