Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Our two run plays before Tejada's missed FG

Started by HogKing111, October 18, 2009, 11:51:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogKing111

October 18, 2009, 11:51:17 am Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 12:22:42 pm by HogKing111
Did it bother anyone else that we didn't try to run to the left hash mark or at least the center of the field instead of to the right hash mark?

Tejada had already missed one FG, we know he can be shaky and unconfident, so why not set him up in the best position possible to succeed?

Don't right-legged kickers prefer kicking from the left hash over the right hash? I had no problem with the run calls, but if you're going to take the conservative approach, take the SMART conservative approach.

Maybe Tejada prefers to kick from the right hash, but it seems like I always hear that is a lower-percentage shot.

Outside of that, I thought Bobby and Paul called a great game given the defense we were playing. I thought Dennis Johnson earned himself equal playing time with MS from here on out. Childs made the play of his young college career on that TD catch. Mallet showed a ton of poise.

I was very happy with how the team played overall, but you know when half of the refs, commentators, poll voters, heisman voters, and every FL male in the stadium are stuck up Tebow's rear, you're not going to get a fair game called. That's fine, Tebow will graduate and move on to the NFL as a third string TE and we won't have to deal with it anymore.

Beaverfever

The offense was starting to roll and Fl's defense was starting to get winded.  BP didn't manage the game well at the end.  He should have never relied on Tejada.  I sure as hell wasn't.  I was 90 percent sure he'd miss that FG. 

El Puerco Grande

Hindsight is always 20/20.  Bobby Petrino, in my opinion, is one of the best coaches in football right now.  You probably are not, unless you are Saban.  I'll trust CBP's judgement.  Just because something did not go as planned does not make it a bad plan.  I see improvement every game and it is because of this coaching staff.  Stay on the band wagon, because in the next couple of years the Hogs are going to be kicking tail, and taking names.
How 'bout them hogs?

Wildhog

Every coach has calls he wishes he could go back and change.  Doesn't matter.  Tejada's got to make that FG. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Bigfoot

I refuse to criticize Petrino's play calling. He's the best playcaller in football.

NWARazor

Quote from: No Porking Here To Corner on October 18, 2009, 12:34:15 pm
Hindsight is always 20/20.  Bobby Petrino, in my opinion, is one of the best coaches in football right now.  You probably are not, unless you are Saban.  I'll trust CBP's judgement.  Just because something did not go as planned does not make it a bad plan.  I see improvement every game and it is because of this coaching staff.  Stay on the band wagon, because in the next couple of years the Hogs are going to be kicking tail, and taking names.

^^^^^^^   Go Coach P!
Because it's Everything Texas isn't; Better than Ole Miss; a Northerner's Dream and a Southerner's Wish; the Pride of Arkansas; The Ultimate College Experience; Wooooo Pig Sooie; Old Main; LSU's Worst Nightmare; And a Place That Can Get In Your Blood and Stay Forever...

SemperFi

Does anyone here even believe that Tejada would have made the FG had they placed the ball dead center, spread the goal post out another 10 yards and asked the gayturds not to rush?
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

t-money

Quote from: FlyFisher on October 18, 2009, 07:17:06 pm
Does anyone here even believe that Tejada would have made the FG had they placed the ball dead center, spread the goal post out another 10 yards and asked the gayturds not to rush?

I totally agree with you... He is pathetic.. His job is to make FG's.... And he practices this every day, every angle, every spot on the field... I'm so fed up with AT...
W. - What's
  I. -  Important
   N. -  Now

-Lou Holtz