Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Praise the Lord, Daytona is back!

Started by Buff, February 13, 2016, 07:14:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Buff

Sprint Unlimited this evening.  Feels good to see some racing again. 

Buff

Are we going to have a Daytona 500 full of tire issues?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on February 13, 2016, 08:00:10 pm
Are we going to have a Daytona 500 full of tire issues?

Will make it even more interesting.

Racinray

Racinray

How do you guys think JG did announcing? I felt like him and DW kept talking over one another.

berryhog

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/02/13/nascar-discontinues-providing-race-winnings-in-box-scores/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Do any of you have a good understanding of the purpose of the "charter" teams  ?  Is the sport really struggling financially to the point that it's beneficial to discourage smaller teams from even trying to compete, in favor of larger cash payouts for the "big boys" ?  Also, why all the secrecy ? 

ImHogginIt

Quote from: berryhog on February 14, 2016, 08:28:10 am
http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/02/13/nascar-discontinues-providing-race-winnings-in-box-scores/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Do any of you have a good understanding of the purpose of the "charter" teams  ?  Is the sport really struggling financially to the point that it's beneficial to discourage smaller teams from even trying to compete, in favor of larger cash payouts for the "big boys" ?  Also, why all the secrecy ?

Sport is definitely struggling. Just bought my tickets for Sat night race in Texas April 9th and prices have dropped from what they were last year when there were lots of empty seats.

Racinray

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 14, 2016, 09:46:56 am
Sport is definitely struggling. Just bought my tickets for Sat night race in Texas April 9th and prices have dropped from what they were last year when there were lots of empty seats.
What are tickets going for now, I haven't been down there in years?

10thPlanet

Quote from: Racinray on February 14, 2016, 07:57:34 am
How do you guys think JG did announcing? I felt like him and DW kept talking over one another.
Jeff is too nasal sounding for me. I think when he gets wound up he gets worse. I do think he brings some freshness. DW kind of brings up the same points every week. 

Buff

DW is stale.  Has the exact same talking points, phrases, and vocal inflection every single week. 

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Racinray on February 14, 2016, 01:08:41 pm
What are tickets going for now, I haven't been down there in years?

Depends on location. $49 to $99 for most locations which is cheaper than they have been for same location

riccoar

Same racing as last year.  They gotta figure out a way to allow these cars to pass around "the bubble".  That's just boring.

Buff

I missed the Duels. And the truck race. Chase Elliot won the Xfinity race yesterday. Elliot Sadler was the only points-winning driver in the top 5.

Time to get the 500 started, I'm tired of waiting. Is anyone else not as excited as in previous years for the start of the season? Brian France is burning me out it seems. Maybe I'll forget about that [CENSORED] when they start going fast and turning left again.

Buff

Wow, Harvick made a great save.  Got loose and slid below the yellow line with no contact - that was bizarre. 

Chase Elliot into the infield grass (not sure why I typed wall).  Game over for the 24.  Also got loose without any contact.  Also bizarre.

Racinray

Quote from: Buff on February 21, 2016, 12:49:49 pm
Wow, Harvick made a great save.  Got loose and slid below the yellow line with no contact - that was bizarre. 

Chase Elliot into the infield grass (not sure why I typed wall).  Game over for the 24.  Also got loose without any contact.  Also bizarre.
Rookie mistake, hate to see it, like the kid.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Racinray on February 21, 2016, 01:07:00 pm
Rookie mistake, hate to see it, like the kid.

Not sure if that could have been chalked up to being a rookie. That had more to do with the air from the cars around him than anything he did.

Of course, that's pretty easy for me to say sitting in my recliner. LOL

bp

BorderPatrol

And I agree, I like Elliot a lot.

Liked his old man, too.

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville.

I bet Bill has a lot of pointers for next weeks race for the younger Elliot.

bp

Racinray

How did Mikey miss him......wow that was close.

10thPlanet

I like how Elliot didn't say, "I have to look at the video someone must have got into my bumper."
If Jr don't get up front soon, I am not sure DW will get to say Amelia 30 times like he planned.

Racinray

Quote from: 10thPlanet on February 21, 2016, 01:49:20 pm
I like how Elliot didn't say, "I have to look at the video someone must have got into my bumper."
If Jr don't get up front soon, I am not sure DW will get to say Amelia 30 times like he planned.
I'm sure he will find something to say. ::)

Buff

Single file running, the bottom line is the way to go.

Buff

Again, bizarre.  Junior just spins it out.  WTH is up today?  They've raced in windy conditions before.

10thPlanet

Racinray

Everyone's Fantasy Racing Game just took a huge hit.

Buff

I still find it weird that Bass Pro is sponsoring the 14 and 78.  Two different teams and two different car makes. 

10thPlanet

I think it's past the tunnel in T 4. But, might be cooler there for a split .001 sec.

Buff

As much as I'd love to see Vickers and Harvick move to the front, the only lane that can do anything is the bottom groove.  This is boring so far....

Buff

In Fox fashion, there's a caution out, but they're not about to break away from a commercial to tell me why.

I was just thinking how odd it is that Danica hasn't wrecked yet.....

berryhog

Buff

Boring race, exciting finish once Hamlin hooked up with Harvick and Logano.  Could have sworn Truex had that.

Racinray

NOOOOOOO, anybody but that punk. I could take JJ winning easier than him winning.

berryhog

Great finish.  IMO, if Kenseth doesn't get cute and try to block and just holds his line, Hamlin doesn't have enough momentum to finish the pass.

Racinray

Just glad the 20 didn't cause a huge wreck.

Buff

Quote from: berryhog on February 21, 2016, 03:47:42 pm
Great finish.  IMO, if Kenseth doesn't get cute and try to block and just holds his line, Hamlin doesn't have enough momentum to finish the pass.

Or at least just moved up to the middle lane.  Once he went all the way up it was the end of his day.  Gave up a sure Top-2 for 14th place.

Buff

I hope Hamlin is ImHogginIt's absolute most-hated driver.

hoghelmet14

Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

10thPlanet

February 21, 2016, 04:09:13 pm #36 Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 05:10:12 pm by 10thPlanet
Well the Toys have an advantage somewhere. Mopar those frickers.

Flying Razorback

My fantasy team got destroyed...

Of course, lucky for me, my bench had Hamlin, Almirola, and A. Dillon.  So my starters finished last place while my bench would have been a first place team.  So goes the ups and downs of Fantasy!
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

ImHogginIt

Quote from: 10thPlanet on February 21, 2016, 03:18:05 pm
There goes my fantasy A driver.

Mine too. He wrecked right in front of where we were sitting.  I like Jr but it was worth every penny I've spent this trip to see the look on his inbred fans faces when their boy went out  ;D

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on February 21, 2016, 03:49:36 pm
I hope Hamlin is ImHogginIt's absolute most-hated driver.

That would be Kurt Busch.  I was pulling for Truex though

riccoar

Quote from: Buff on February 21, 2016, 03:23:16 pm
I still find it weird that Bass Pro is sponsoring the 14 and 78.  Two different teams and two different car makes. 
Trying to figure that out as well.  Also only 40 cars in the field, not 43.  But with the #24 and definitely the #88 it looks like these plate cars may have finally been put in a position to become loose.  Junior's car really snapped around on the move.