Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phoenix

Started by Buff, November 09, 2015, 07:32:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Buff

Kyle Busch says he doesn't think Phoenix will be a 'winnable' race until Kevin Harvick is beat. Words I never thought Rowdy would say.

Flying Razorback

I normally have a world of confidence in Harvick at Phoenix.

However.

He has only had 1 clean race in the Chase.  Chicago cut a tire leading, Loudon ran out of gas leading, Kansas pit road problems while in p2, laid down an engine at Talladega, cut a tire at Martinsville after running out front and in the top 3, lost 2 engines and had the transmission problem at Texas.

He has been miraculous to survive thus far.  I just don't believe the luck stays up with him this time.  I wouldn't be sad to see Jeff Gordon win at Homestead.  And I hated Jeff Gordon for years.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Flying Razorback

But I will say, watching Harvick wheel his car on old tires through traffic and hold a top 5 spot with one hand at Texas was one of the more impressive things I've seen in NASCAR in a long time.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Flying Razorback on November 09, 2015, 08:11:40 pm
But I will say, watching Harvick wheel his car on old tires through traffic and hold a top 5 spot with one hand at Texas was one of the more impressive things I've seen in NASCAR in a long time.

Mark Martin was impressed on twitter

Buff

Not just Harvick.  Kurt Busch is going to be strong today as well.

Racinray

The rain is winning right now. :)

Buff

At least we got the Star Spangled Banner in today

Buff

Still in delay.  Hasn't been postponed yet.

Buff

Finally getting ready to run.  These guys gotta be tired....the race was supposed to be over hours ago.

berryhog

Terrible call on Kurt Busch.  In the past, have drivers not been allowed to give the spot back in those situations ?

Racinray

Keep us updated........I'll read it tomorrow. :)

Buff

Quote from: berryhog on November 15, 2015, 08:33:52 pm
Terrible call on Kurt Busch.  In the past, have drivers not been allowed to give the spot back in those situations ?

They have an f-ed up rule for that.  Restarts have a different rule from initial starts.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on November 15, 2015, 08:37:28 pm
They have an f-ed up rule for that.  Restarts have a different rule from initial starts.

He knew the rule. Just follow the rules fellas  ;D

Buff

Interesting.  With rain coming, Nascar kept extending the caution.  First for the jet dryer that was still in turn 3, and then to make sure they had everyone in the right position.  They extended it so long that the rain has hit.