Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 races for Matt and none for Danica ?

Started by ImHogginIt, November 03, 2015, 05:23:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ImHogginIt

NASCAR big shots are so frickin inconsistent

Flying Razorback

I think the situations are pretty different.  I don't want them to treat all drivers the same, there are championship contenders and lap makers.  It doesn't bother me that two drivers in the lower 30s on similar laps are trading blows.

It bothers me when a former Champion takes out a race leader and possibly kills his Championship.

And Dennys Hamlin needs to shut up.  He's saying that it was clear Logano broke 'driver code'.  We'll I'm not a driver, but are they honestly saying if you are already locked in to the next round you're supposed to hit the brakes and let a slower car from another team win the race?  I'm sorry, but Kenseth chose not to finish p2 that day.  How many times would Rusty or Earnhardt let a slow 20 block them before not lifting?
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Buff

Rusty or Earnhardt would have gotten around Kenseth without completely spinning him.  Champions generally do that.  Logano will settle the F down eventually.  5 years from now he'll be a driver who gets someone loose instead of just slamming them into the wall.

DeWayne R

Chicken Sheet call by nascar. Leading or a lap car penalty should be the same!!!!
When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Buff on November 03, 2015, 05:58:49 pm
Rusty or Earnhardt would have gotten around Kenseth without completely spinning him.  Champions generally do that.  Logano will settle the F down eventually.  5 years from now he'll be a driver who gets someone loose instead of just slamming them into the wall.

I don't know if they could.  That's why Kenseth was sacrificing what little speed he had to go top to bottom.  5 laps and 20 corners was plenty of time for Kenseth to decide to finish p2 and advance in the Chase
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Buff

Junior said it best.

"...but damn, he put that (expletive) in the fence. Anyhow, don't wreck Matt. Don't piss Matt off because that's what you get."

Buff

Opinions aside, the railroad job they're putting on Kenseth is the bullcrap that you would expect from Brian France's na$car. Screw that prick.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on November 03, 2015, 10:36:33 pm
Junior said it best.

"...but damn, he put that (expletive) in the fence. Anyhow, don't wreck Matt. Don't piss Matt off because that's what you get."

I guarantee you if JR, Stewart, Gordon, Harvick, ect... were the faster car at Kansas as the laps were winding down and the 20 kept blocking them when they tried to pass clean that they would use their bumper exactly like Joey did. Piss on JR.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Flying Razorback on November 03, 2015, 05:54:49 pm
I think the situations are pretty different.  I don't want them to treat all drivers the same, there are championship contenders and lap makers.  It doesn't bother me that two drivers in the lower 30s on similar laps are trading blows.

It bothers me when a former Champion takes out a race leader and possibly kills his Championship.

And Dennys Hamlin needs to shut up.  He's saying that it was clear Logano broke 'driver code'.  We'll I'm not a driver, but are they honestly saying if you are already locked in to the next round you're supposed to hit the brakes and let a slower car from another team win the race?  I'm sorry, but Kenseth chose not to finish p2 that day.  How many times would Rusty or Earnhardt let a slow 20 block them before not lifting?

I disagree. Skinny biitch announces on the radio she's gonna take him out and all she gets is slapped on the wrist. Give her a 1 race suspension if you are giving Matt 2.

And the driver code JR said Logano broke was not calling Matt to apologize. What a stupid code. Calling a driver who kept blocking while you tried to pass him clean. Ha ! NASCAR created this joke by being so freakin' inconsistent over the last number of years with what they allow and then their punishments.

Oh well. At least the TV ratings will be much higher the last races. Especially the last one with Gordon in the final.

riccoar

Kinda like Logano killed Kenseth's chance?  Logano did not have to wreck Kenseth to get around him.  Just because you get to someone's bumper, doesn't mean anything.  You still have to pass them clean.

BigoBoys

Kenseth wrecking Logano probably got the loudest cheer from the fans all year. NASCAR needs to pick up the drama a little, it is becoming boring. 

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on November 04, 2015, 12:06:24 pm
Kinda like Logano killed Kenseth's chance?  Logano did not have to wreck Kenseth to get around him.  Just because you get to someone's bumper, doesn't mean anything.  You still have to pass them clean.

Kenseth kept blocking him when he would try to pass him clean. How come some of you can't understand that? Race was winding down and other cars behind them were closing on them as Kenseth kept blocking with slower car. At some point most drivers are gonna use the bumper. I don't think he meant to spin him but just mess up Kenseths momentum and move him up a little so he could get around. Race hard fellas. Good Lord how many races have we all came on this forum during or after a race and complained with how boring races are? Seems like after every race the past few years. We need more Brad's, Joey's, Kevin's ect... who race hard.

riccoar

Nope, they are professionals.  Joey knew how to get around him and in the corner was not the place to do it.  He knew exactly what that move would do.

riccoar

Buff

Quote from: riccoar on November 05, 2015, 06:27:18 am
Nope, they are professionals.  Joey knew how to get around him and in the corner was not the place to do it.  He knew exactly what that move would do.

Always good when a fellow armchair driver joins me in the good fight.  Joey is a punk with an embarrassing helicopter dad.

Racinray

Danica should have been set for the rest of the year.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on November 05, 2015, 06:27:51 am
Listen to the car audio from these guys at Martinsville:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/car-audio-martinsville-expletives-fly-004143838.html

Was it Showtime or HBO that had the show with Michael Waltrip where they didn't bleep out the cuss words ? Can't believe they cancelled that show several years ago.

riccoar

I loved Stewart on that audio, "He didn't take him out, he junked him!"

riccoar

Inside NASCAR on Showtime.  That's the great thing about team audio, you learn so much more about whats actually going on during a race than what gets reported on TV.

hawginbigd1

Absolutely agree with all of this! I wish Gibbs would fire his arse! He blocked almost every lap and Lagano finally said enough! What he did if not breaking a code should be!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Racinray on November 05, 2015, 08:38:49 am
Danica should have been set for the rest of the year.
Let me help out here! Forever!

ImHogginIt

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on November 08, 2015, 02:25:03 am
Let me help out here! Forever!

But then who will we listen to cry on the scanner ?

Buff