Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sharp left turns

Started by Buff, November 01, 2015, 11:46:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Buff

Here we go.....almost.  Not sure if Na$car introduced any rule changes over the week or not.  Probably made it illegal to retaliate against Logano.  You know.....since Na$car is rigging everything so that Toyota can get a championship.  Wait....Logano isn't in a Toyota?  Let me go consult the conspiracy theory book and I'll get back when I find something.

Buff

An update I missed.  They took an already tight track, and added SAFER barriers.  Should add an element of fun.  Or give cause to a bunch of single-file driving.

Racinray

This might be a good track to watch at in person, but it sure is boring to watch on TV.

Flying Razorback

Yeah I'd love to see this track in person.  I'm going to Texas next weekend which is often boring in person and on tv.  I was just making plans with a buddy for next year to go to Phoenix or somewhere new for me
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Buff

I still want to go to Bristol, at night.

hogsgrl, God rest her Jimmie Johnson loving soul, drove her car onto the track after a race.  No, they don't actually give you permission for that.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Flying Razorback on November 01, 2015, 12:13:11 pm
Yeah I'd love to see this track in person.  I'm going to Texas next weekend which is often boring in person and on tv.  I was just making plans with a buddy for next year to go to Phoenix or somewhere new for me

Yep Texas is boring after about the first 5 laps of each restart. I just hope it doesn't rain next Sunday after spending well over $200 o tickets for me and the wife. Forecast not looking too good last time I checked.

Racinray

Having a scanner sure helps at Texas. Back when Tony Stewart was with JGR I was listening to his radio and during the race he comes on and says joke time and proceeds to tell his joke for an entire lap while under green. I'll never forget that.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 01, 2015, 12:35:06 pm
Yep Texas is boring after about the first 5 laps of each restart. I just hope it doesn't rain next Sunday after spending well over $200 o tickets for me and the wife. Forecast not looking too good last time I checked.

I haven't bought tickets yet because of that.  I think I'm going to try for the xfinity race and drive home and listen to Cup on the radio if it happens.  If it looks like Cup will race Sunday without a doubt then I'll stay and scalp or buy a one off ticket.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Flying Razorback on November 01, 2015, 01:57:53 pm

I haven't bought tickets yet because of that.  I think I'm going to try for the xfinity race and drive home and listen to Cup on the radio if it happens.  If it looks like Cup will race Sunday without a doubt then I'll stay and scalp or buy a one off ticket.

Lookimg better now with just 20% chance.

Once again my fantasy picks are disastrous today at Martinsville.  Danica and Bowyer with wrecks and many laps down

Buff

DeWayne R

When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

ImHogginIt

[[/quote]quote author=Buff link=topic=602438.msg9974055#msg9974055 date=1446409874]
Why?

She ran well there of late. Not today. Gilliland needs to bitch slap her

Racinray

Why would anyone put their name on Danica's car? ::)

Buff

Racinray

20 needs to sit for the rest of the year.

Flying Razorback

I'm not saying I'm a Logano fan, but that was absurd by Kenseth.  Hope he sits next week.  They sat Harvick for much less in 2003.

Buff

Awww, Joey's helicopter dad had to be restrained

Racinray

Quote from: Buff on November 01, 2015, 03:55:19 pm
Awww, Joey's helicopter dad had to be restrained
Yeah, Dad needs to go sit in the stands.

Racinray

I always had respect for Kennseth, but I lost it all in that interview.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Racinray on November 01, 2015, 03:50:26 pm
20 needs to sit for the rest of the year.

At least one race. Pure chickenshiit move. Oh well my boy Gordon can win this now  ;D

Flying Razorback

Go, Jeff.  Never was a fan of his, but I want him to win this walk off championship even though he wasn't the best this yeae.  He'd have 7 under the old non Chase system.  So maybe he should back in to one now.  He would have won Homestead last year but pitted let to get out of the way

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Racinray on November 01, 2015, 04:00:15 pm
I always had respect for Kennseth, but I lost it all in that interview.

I'm not a an of Logano either but Matt blocked him repeatedly at Kansas and there was nothing wrong with how Logano won that race. But wuss Matt didn't see it that way and now does that crap ? F him.

Buff

Kenseth should go into politics.  Dude has the best lying poker face ever.

Buff

Love the darkness, really makes the glowing brakes show up good

Buff

The last ride of Jeff Gordon at Martinsville, good for one grandfather clock.

Flying Razorback

I wouldn't be mad if he wins the championship.   Especially with all the on track crap we have seen that the 24 hasn't taken part in.

ImHogginIt

TV Ratings for last race in Miami will be huge. Big win for the sport today.

riccoar

I called that play, brotha

riccoar

I think the fact the #2 spun him out for no reason is why he snapped and finally decided to get the 22.  They were just racing and the 2 took Kenseth out.

RazrRila99

Blocking or not its up to the car behind to make a CLEAN move to pass the car in front.  Lagano doesnt know how to race clean.  YOu want to watch a clean racer - Billy Moyer.  Mad props to Kenseth for this "racing" accident today.  Looked to me the right front tire went down as they were entering the corner and Lagano just happened to be in the right place at the right time to keep Kenseth from nailing the wall with no extra cushion. 

I have NO good feels for Lagano, I think hes a punk.  I have very few good feels for Kenseth and I think hes a bit two faced and doesnt take ownership of accidents, but this was deserved.  Someone needed to do it. 

riccoar

Lagano is a very good racer, but you don't wreck somebody like that at Kansas.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: riccoar on November 02, 2015, 08:23:27 am
I think the fact the #2 spun him out for no reason is why he snapped and finally decided to get the 22.  They were just racing and the 2 took Kenseth out.

The tie rod broke on the 2 when they came together and he went up the track in to the 20.  The 2 in no way wanted to ruin his own Chase while holding the inside line with 70 to go fighting for p2 or p3.

The 20 is ticked he's out of the Chase, this is bred from the elimination format.

riccoar

Quote from: Flying Razorback on November 02, 2015, 08:55:57 am
The tie rod broke on the 2 when they came together and he went up the track in to the 20.  The 2 in no way wanted to ruin his own Chase while holding the inside line with 70 to go fighting for p2 or p3.

The 20 is ticked he's out of the Chase, this is bred from the elimination format.
It looked like the 2 didn't know their rear tires were together and they kinda split apart which seemed like the 20 pushed him.  All I saw was the 2 return a hit to the 20 that spun him out.  But Lagano had it coming.  Block or not you gotta get around clean and you certainly don't bump in the corner.  Nobody can hold a car in the corner when you get tapped like that.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on November 02, 2015, 09:47:06 am
It looked like the 2 didn't know their rear tires were together and they kinda split apart which seemed like the 20 pushed him.  All I saw was the 2 return a hit to the 20 that spun him out.  But Lagano had it coming.  Block or not you gotta get around clean and you certainly don't bump in the corner.  Nobody can hold a car in the corner when you get tapped like that.

Brad got tapped slightly in the rear and that helped him move up into Matt. No way Brad would risk wrecking himself to get Matt.  As for the Kansas deal Joey had the faster car and kept trying to get around him clean but Matt kept blocking him over and over. MATT HAD IT COMING  :-*

I don't care for any of those drivers though. I have not had a fav driver since Martin left.  I'm a Gordon fan the rest of the year however

Buff

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 02, 2015, 04:29:25 pm
I have not had a fav driver since Martin left.  I'm a Gordon fan the rest of the year however

After the year, you can have a seat between me and Flying on the Harvick wagon.

Racinray

Brad got tapped slightly in the rear and that helped him move up into Matt. No way Brad would risk wrecking himself to get Matt.  As for the Kansas deal Joey had the faster car and kept trying to get around him clean but Matt kept blocking him over and over. MATT HAD IT COMING  :-*

Couldn't agree more.

ImHogginIt

I was disappointed in JR's response to incident. Basically said Joey had it coming for wrecking Matt at Kansas and being arrogant about it afterwards. I did not get that feeling from Joey at all following Kansas incident. I wish someone would ask JR how long his daddy would have put up with being blocked time and again at Kansas before he dumped them. Joey put up with it about 4 times. SR might have put up with it twice then wrecked Matt. Problem with this sport is it is full of spoiled little titty baby drivers now

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on November 02, 2015, 06:03:43 pm
After the year, you can have a seat between me and Flying on the Harvick wagon.

As he's gotten older and become a dad he's not near as an arrogant jerk as he used to be. But he drives for Stewart so I'll have to pass on being a fan  ;D

Buff

Senior was good enough to slide someone out of his way without ruining their car (unless your name is Terry Labonte).  Logano just knows to run into things until they spin. 

I find it amazing that the stable with Stewart, Harvick, and Kurt Busch is the one not in the spotlight for spinning people.  I mean, Danica hits someone every week, but she's so far back in the field that no one knows who she's running in to.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on November 02, 2015, 09:43:16 pm
Senior was good enough to slide someone out of his way without ruining their car (unless your name is Terry Labonte).  Logano just knows to run into things until they spin. 

I find it amazing that the stable with Stewart, Harvick, and Kurt Busch is the one not in the spotlight for spinning people.  I mean, Danica hits someone every week, but she's so far back in the field that no one knows who she's running in to.

Danica said on her radio yesterday she was gonna take Gilliland out then she did. Wonder if NASCAR will suspend her if they suspend Matt ? 

Buff

Now Joey says he will fight if need be. How cute. Will daddy take the lead?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on November 03, 2015, 01:20:57 am
Now Joey says he will fight if need be. How cute. Will daddy take the lead?

Where did you see that ? I kinda like Joey but daddy is a dipshiit. Wish someone would go upside his head.

Buff

I'm being liberal in my interpretation, but Lil Joey tweeted an audio file from pastor Stephen Furtick called 'I Will Fight'.

If he had any cool points remaining, he lost them by listening to that whackjob Furtick.

riccoar

I don't care for any of those drivers though. I have not had a fav driver since Martin left.  I'm a Gordon fan the rest of the year however
Mark Martin would prob disagree.  You never bump a car to get around them.  Case in point Martin vs. Benson at Rockingham 2002.  You still have to get around them clean

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on November 03, 2015, 11:11:55 am
Mark Martin would prob disagree.  You never bump a car to get around them.  Case in point Martin vs. Benson at Rockingham 2002.  You still have to get around them clean

Dale SR and lots of others don't agree  ;D You continuously block you will eventually get moved. You simply can't pass even with faster car if the guy in front of you keeps turning down or up to block.