Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'Dega, and more bleeping rule changes

Started by Buff, October 21, 2015, 11:58:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Buff

Nascar has announced that they will be reducing the number of allowable G-W-C attemps this weekend.

Next week Brian France will announce that the car running 22nd place when the race is over will be crowned the winner.

Homestead will be the introduction of turn signals.

Racinray

Quote from: Buff on October 21, 2015, 11:58:05 am
Nascar has announced that they will be reducing the number of allowable G-W-C attemps this weekend.

Next week Brian France will announce that the car running 22nd place when the race is over will be crowned the winner.

Homestead will be the introduction of turn signals.
The sad part about this is your probably right. ;)

riccoar

One thing is for sure, Logano ain't winning.  Gonna be four drivers that will cut their Mother to be in the top 8.  I think if I was him I'd ride in the back and take a week off.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on October 22, 2015, 07:20:38 am
One thing is for sure, Logano ain't winning.  Gonna be four drivers that will cut their Mother to be in the top 8.  I think if I was him I'd ride in the back and take a week off.

Why ? May as well go for the win since he has nothing to lose. No way anyone tries to intentionally wreck someone on this track because they would likely wreck themselves too if they did

Buff

This just in:  Restrictor plates at Martinsville next year.  Gonna be wide open all the time. 

bulldog04

I heard they were switching from cars to minivans next year

Buff

Brian France must really want Honda involved in Na$car.  Or he's trying to get Dodge back to the top.

Flying Razorback

There's no reason to do "points as they run" during Talladega.  People move up and down 5 to 10 spots just in a corner.  Let alone lap by lap.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Buff

Quote from: Flying Razorback on October 25, 2015, 02:41:19 pm
There's no reason to do "points as they run" during Talladega.  People move up and down 5 to 10 spots just in a corner.  Let alone lap by lap.

It'll calm down next year when Brian France bans side-drafting.

Flying Razorback

No joke.

These dudes need to calm down.  There are Chasers in 10th place, 20 points to the good who are diving lane to lane.  And Logano doing the same thing at the front.  If they wipe out the field it won't be good.

Racinray

I'm afraid that just did in the 88 chance of moving on.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Racinray on October 25, 2015, 03:16:27 pm
I'm afraid that just did in the 88 chance of moving on.

Not yet.  I think we get 3 or 4 cautions in the last 50 laps.  That'll bring the 78, 88, and 11 back on to the lead lap.

I don't think we will know who is in or out until after the G-W-C caution and everyone finishes under yellow flag.

Flying Razorback

Flying Razorback

And here we are, 50 to go.

Take all those brackets and wad it up.  The Chase is about to be complete re-aligned for everyone but Logano.

I don't feel good for Harvick's chances since he has been stuck in the middle of the pack most of the race.

Flying Razorback

88 back in top 5 and looking for the lead on the top side.

Flying Razorback

Flying Razorback

And Logano is going to wreck the field.

Harvick riding the top line back in 10th is in a bad spot.  He's going to get wiped out in the big one in a few laps.

Buff

Logano, as usual, is all over the damn place.  Talented driver with good cars, but does he have any concept of racing WITH everyone else?

On the #4, Childers called this the best superspeedway car they had brought here.  Not seeing it so far.  Right Harvick is the last one in on points.

Now he's the first one out.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Buff on October 25, 2015, 03:49:52 pm
Logano, as usual, is all over the damn place.  Talented driver with good cars, but does he have any concept of racing WITH everyone else?

He needs to look at the bigger picture.  HE doesn't care if he wrecks or wins.  So he's going for either.

But he's going to be tied with the other 7 starting next week... 

Flying Razorback

berryhog

I can't imagine how nerve-wracking it would be to try to keep up with what is going on in front of you, all the while trying to listen to your spotter.  Crazy.

Buff

Well f... me.  One of the best seasons in Na$car history could end early due to a blown motor.  He should have enough points at this stage in the season to shake off a blown motor and keep racing next week.  Without the eliminator format he would still be in the hunt. 

I am $#!%^*& pissed at Na$car and their manufactured points races.

Flying Razorback

I guess I can't get mad about Harvick's season and the Chase.

Him losing an engine today would have knocked him out of contention in the pre-Chase days, the old Chase, and this Chase.

Just a bad time to lose an engine.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Buff on October 25, 2015, 03:53:32 pm
Well f... me.  One of the best seasons in Na$car history could end early due to a blown motor.  He should have enough points at this stage in the season to shake off a blown motor and keep racing next week.  Without the eliminator format he would still be in the hunt. 

I am $#!%^*& pissed at Na$car and their manufactured points races.

Well, because of his bad first 5 races of the Chase, he actually would be trailing 1st in the points by 40 points going IN to this race.  So this would put him 70 or 80 back.

Buff

I'll be darned if he isn't hanging in there. 

berryhog

Doesn't seem like he's blowing up to me.  I think he's just as pessimistic as you two.

Buff

Quote from: berryhog on October 25, 2015, 03:57:55 pm
Doesn't seem like he's blowing up to me.  I think he's just as pessimistic as you two.

I hate you right now.  Be silent!

Flying Razorback

Quote from: berryhog on October 25, 2015, 03:57:55 pm

His radio says he is.  He says he's going to the pedal to the floor and he's got no more power.  He thinks he could be down multiple cylinders.  The way it sounds he's just hoping it limps to the end.

You see he keeps falling spots every lap because he falls back to a car and goes behind it.  Falls back again and falls behind.

Buff

Wow, Dale slid the tires and had to replace right sides on the last pit stop.

Flying Razorback

Buff

berryhog

Flying Razorback

Now if Harvick doesn't blow up he's going to be out by just riding in the back since he can't throttle down

Buff

Biff gonna run out of gas and bring the caution.

Junior is giving it hell.

Buff

Nevermind.  McMurray blew a motor to bring the caution out.

Na$car is going to wait until G-W-C time to call the track clean. 

For the record, I don't like the idea of only one G-W-C.  Apparently the drivers voted for it though.

Flying Razorback

And wow.  McMurray blows up.  This G-W-C is going to be insane

Flying Razorback

Buff

Yes or no,

Should Biffle just get the heck out of the way and let the Chase drivers settle this race?  Or should he go for the meaningless win, and possible run out of gas and completely screw one or more teams out of extending their point race?

berryhog

Too much involved for every team to just move out of the way , IMO.  Hope it's not an issue.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Buff on October 25, 2015, 04:18:31 pm
Yes or no,

Should Biffle just get the heck out of the way and let the Chase drivers settle this race?  Or should he go for the meaningless win, and possible run out of gas and completely screw one or more teams out of extending their point race?

I understand him wanting to win while it was green.  But he could miss on the restart and be out and wreck the field.

So, yes, competitively he should go for it.  As a professional veteran, he should understand the position he's in and everyone else is in.

Buff

Great, Kyle Busch's crew chief just jinxed everything.

Buff

Flying Razorback

He shook hard there.  I think he ran out.

Buff

You could shove coal in my butt right now and pull diamonds out when this is over.

Flying Razorback

But no matter what,  I think that was a veteran move by Biffle to not push the envelope.

Flying Razorback

Harvick saying on radio he can't get the engine to rev up.

Won't go, probably going to pull out of line on the restart.

Damn.

Buff

So what happens to the G-W-C if they wreck before the green flag? 

Wow, that was insane.

Flying Razorback

Buff

Way to go Logano.  In a way, he caused the wreck that I knew he would.

Flying Razorback

Logano's crew chief:  "Welcome to NASCAR, where they make up the rules as they go"