Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dover

Started by berryhog, October 04, 2015, 03:23:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

berryhog

Last chance for several teams.  Harvick is currently dominating.  Where's the hardcore Harvick fans ?

Racinray

As long J.J. does not move on to the next round. :puke: Hope Harvick wins, I need some extra cash. :)

berryhog

Quote from: Racinray on October 04, 2015, 03:32:38 pm
As long J.J. does not move on to the next round. :puke: Hope Harvick wins, I need some extra cash. :)

He's gonna win. 

Racinray

Quote from: berryhog on October 04, 2015, 03:35:32 pm
He's gonna win. 

I hope so, he's killed us this year on winning any money. When he wins, we win. :)

berryhog

Quote from: Racinray on October 04, 2015, 03:39:11 pm
I hope so, he's killed us this year on winning any money. When he wins, we win. :)

I'm not necessarily a Harvick fan, but I appreciate the year he's had and hope he is able to advance.

berryhog

I suspect if he's able to advance, this place will be much more active next week.    ;)

Racinray

Larson wins the ugliest car, wow that's bad.

berryhog

Quote from: Racinray on October 04, 2015, 04:32:25 pm
Larson wins the ugliest car, wow that's bad.

Without a doubt.

Racinray

Quote from: berryhog on October 04, 2015, 03:50:15 pm
I suspect if he's able to advance, this place will be much more active next week.    ;)
Hope so, it's been quiet in here for the last couple of weeks.

berryhog

Quote from: Racinray on October 04, 2015, 04:33:45 pm

My daughter has been playing softball and I've missed the last few races, but I did notice there wasn't even a race thread last week.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Racinray on October 04, 2015, 04:33:45 pm

I hate the Chase.  Even if it's the reason Harvick won last yeae.

He won't win today.  Late cautions in every race he has dominated are the reason he has so many p2 finishes.  I hope he wins a bunch once knocked out.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Flying Razorback

After New Hampshire the crew chief for the 20 said that all year most of them have just been doing the opposite of whatever the 4 team doea.  He said "the 4 team made the right call, hiwevee, most of us do the opposite to pin them back at the end..."

Flying Razorback

Saw it there again.  4 pits so 20 stays out.  4 gets 2, so all the rest get 4.

Dominated the race, probably won't win again.  Knocked out after the first round.  Well.  At least the 48 is knocked out too.

Flying Razorback

42 might win his first race

Flying Razorback

With the way he has rab, the 4 car might not pass post race inspection.  Something is different about that car

ImHogginIt

Just woke up. What happened to JJ ?

Racinray

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 04, 2015, 04:54:30 pm
Just woke up. What happened to JJ ?
Had to change the rearend.

Racinray

Hendricks could lose two cars in the chase. I sure hope they do.

ImHogginIt

Flying Razorback

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 04, 2015, 05:04:44 pm
Wreck ?

No he blew a seal and tore up the gears when the fluid left

Racinray

Flying Razorback

But another reason elimination rounds are dumb.

They want it to be like stick and ball sports.  But that doesn't happen in stick and ball sports and shouldn't negate your season.  They did it to emphasize wins.  He entered the chase with the most wins

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Flying Razorback on October 04, 2015, 05:06:10 pm
But another reason elimination rounds are dumb.

They want it to be like stick and ball sports.  But that doesn't happen in stick and ball sports and shouldn't negate your season.  They did it to emphasize wins.  He entered the chase with the most wins

I still like these eliminator rounds. Creates continued excitement each race

Racinray

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 04, 2015, 05:07:48 pm
I still like these eliminator rounds. Creates continued excitement each race
I'm on the fence, I can see good and bad in both scenarios.

Flying Razorback

They just can't convince me that the 48 and 4 car shoulD have been in the position they were in.  It's manufactured excitement

And I hope you guys saw him spin his rear end in to the wall hard on his burn out...  hmmm....

Buff

F the hataz, Harvick is movin on.  42 teams trying to hold them back, and it didn't work.  Should have won last week as well. 

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Flying Razorback on October 04, 2015, 05:14:47 pm
They just can't convince me that the 48 and 4 car shoulD have been in the position they were in.  It's manufactured excitement

And I hope you guys saw him spin his rear end in to the wall hard on his burn out...  hmmm....

Of course it is manufactured but still more exciting than the points racing we used to see. That was BORING !!!

berryhog

Quote from: Flying Razorback on October 04, 2015, 05:14:47 pm

Harvick is in.  Be happy.  The Chase is what it is.  JJ isn't the first car deserved to advance that was eliminated first round.  At least there is some sort of excitement late in the year.

berryhog

And just as I predicted, the Harvick crew has shown up.   8) 

ImHogginIt

I guess I can throw in the towel on fantasy racing. Seems every week one of my drivers has an issue. Today it was JJ.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 04, 2015, 05:40:02 pm
I guess I can throw in the towel on fantasy racing. Seems every week one of my drivers has an issue. Today it was JJ.

That's been my year after 2 straight charmed years.  I mean, how can you go wrong picking JJ at Dover?

Racinray

Quote from: Flying Razorback on October 04, 2015, 05:52:31 pm

That's been my year after 2 straight charmed years.  I mean, how can you go wrong picking JJ at Dover?
I think everybody did.

Buff

Quote from: berryhog on October 04, 2015, 05:25:56 pm
And just as I predicted, the Harvick crew has shown up.   8) 

I didn't want to jinx it.  It worked. 

berryhog

Quote from: Buff on October 04, 2015, 07:15:33 pm
I didn't want to jinx it.  It worked. 

Don't blame you.  Welcome back. 

Flying Razorback

Quote from: berryhog on October 04, 2015, 07:18:12 pm
Don't blame you.  Welcome back. 

I honestly didn't watch most of the race.  Like you guys said, it manufactures excitement, but motor sports championships shouldn't be determined this way.

If they want to do it, then they should have "Double Points" races once every 3 races in the final 10, or huge cash bonuses for winning, or something.  But to reset the points just to give others a chance is ridiculous.

The top 3 drivers this season have been Harvick, Logano, and Kyle Busch.  A very close 1b tier includes Jimmie Johnson and Matt Kenseth.

It's ridiculous that 3 of those drivers nearly were the first 4 cut, if Kyle Busch had finished 1 or 2 spots back and if Harvick had finished 2nd, we would have had those 3 out.  And then we pretend they weren't the best in the sport and cheer Newman or someone 14th placing his way to a championship.

berryhog

Other than JJ, all of the teams who had a legitimate chance at the championship are still in the hunt. 

Flying Razorback

Quote from: berryhog on October 04, 2015, 07:29:23 pm
Other than JJ, all of the teams who had a legitimate chance at the championship are still in the hunt. 

The only way I could see NASCAR being able to claim this is a legitimate system is if Logano, Kyle Busch, Kenseth, and Harvick were the final 4 at Homestead.

Buff

The Chase is bad enough.  Resetting the points and eliminating teams throughout the Chase......completely fricking stupid.  Brian France is a retard, I am convinced that spoiled little [CENSORED] ate paint chips and washed them down with glue as a child.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Flying Razorback on October 04, 2015, 05:52:31 pm

Yeah. I was counting on at least a top 5  :puke: