Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Welcome to Lubbock! It has been a long time old friends!

Started by RaiderRed, September 08, 2014, 11:23:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HoGustav

Hey RR, thanks for the info.
Always liked the TT style of ball, esp. Under Leach.
Quick question...what is the true story behind Kingsbury running off the walk on QB Baker Mayfield ( Big12 freshman of the year) & Michael Brewer who just beat Ohio (spit) State as the V Tech QB ?

Raiderman

Quote from: hoglady on September 08, 2014, 01:02:21 pm
No doubt about that.

But we are more of an outsider in the SEC than we ever were in the SWC.

Really? That's sad to hear and totally unexpected by me at least. I thought Arkansas was a natural fit in the SEC. In almost every case, realignment seems great for the bottom line but bad for the fans.

Raiderman

Quote from: HoGustav on September 08, 2014, 09:11:18 pm
Quick question...what is the true story behind Kingsbury running off the walk on QB Baker Mayfield ( Big12 freshman of the year) & Michael Brewer who just beat Ohio (spit) State as the V Tech QB ?

Davis Webb won the starting job for the bowl game versus Arizona State and Mayfield and Brewer thought it best to transfer for playing time. Literally, that's the entire story. Mayfield would be on scholarship now had he stayed at Tech. Mayfield made some interesting comments publicly to "encourage" Kingsbury to release him to play immediately at OU but Big 12 transfer rules apply. And frankly, encouraging coaches to poach other conference members' preferred walk-ons is a bad idea.

rzrbackrob

Quote from: RaiderRed on September 08, 2014, 12:50:16 pm
Good question...I can only speak for myself and the ones I associate with.  The BIG 12 is in a very precarious situation.  With no other viable asset type teams to bring in the conference, we have to hope for the best.  What I mean by asset type teams is schools that would add value not be just another mouth to feed.  With the current set up with the TV money and such with only 10 schools to divide the pie, it is very lucrative.  We do like the "true champion" motto the conference is chirping about.  Playing everyone in the conference is something I personally like.  I wasn't a fan of rotating 3 north schools in every 2 years. 

The reason we are in the situation we are in is simple.  UT's arrogance and demands on the others to be associated with them.  Nebraska and Colorado had enough and left.  Then when SEC called Mizzou and A&M, that almost killed it.  As you mentioned the PAC 12 did come calling for OSU, OU, Tech and UT.  However, Baylor got all butt hurt and they have quite a bit of power in Texas politics and when UT wouldn't give up their Longhorn Network, Pac 12 said never mind.  We were pretty excited about the move if it were to have happened.  However, the culture likely would have been not a very good fit.  The four schools, OSU, OU, UT and Tech are more southern than western.  More conservative than liberal, except UT.   

I can say this though, when A&M did leave...no matter how much UT doesn't want to admit it, it hurt.  Big 12 was in a trouble and UT realized they had to stay with us.  So they gave up some of their demands that no school have tv second tier rights plus other issues that made Nebraska leave, and to some extent A&M.  However, they would not give up their network.  While other conferences are getting their own network to showcase the conference as a whole and to share monies from that network equally, UT continues to hold the BIG 12 hostage and will not allow such a network like the BIG 12 network.  This is becoming a hot button within the conference. 

BYU was a option for expansion but their strict no play on sunday, is not in the conferences best interest.  Cincy, meh....they are buried in a professional sports market.  Ya'll remember the issues with that with Rice, SMU, TCU and U of H back in the ol SWC days.  There was some talk of Arizona and Arizona State joining the BIG 12 to get back to 12.  However, it was shot down pretty quick by those institutions as they were afraid they would lose their recruiting hot bed of S California. 

Some of us big 12'ers wish for Arkansas and A&M coming back.  Think about that.  We'd all be back together again.  Ya'll would renew the hate game with UT and open that pipeline back into Texas for recruiting...and we would have our hate bowl back with aghole. 

BIG 12 as strong as it is, sits on shaky foundation in my book...all due to UT's demand for them to have the final word on everything.

Thanks for the insight.
Little insight as seen from the SEC concerning future expansion:

SEC's next additions will most likely come from the east coast states. Virginia Tech and NC State are the most likely, but league still holding out hope that they might get North Carolina and Virginia. The Tar Heels act kind of like the horns in the ACC.
For the SEC, athletic tradition means little, as they have plenty, when considering additions, it is all about the state population and how it will increase carriage fees in the SEC network footprint.

SEC does not really trust Mizzou not to bolt to the B1G if the offer comes. The state of Missouri has 6mil people. The Rams are one NFL team that could move in the next few years and that would leave Mizzou as the only other football team outside of the Chiefs.
In order, teams the SEC would like to add at some point:
(SEC really seems to want to expand east before going west again)
1.UNC (state of North Carolina around 10 million people)
2.Virginia (state of Virginia has around 8 million people - also adds academic tradition which is something the SEC covets)
3.NC State if UNC will not budge
4.Virginia Tech if Virginia stays put or bolts to B1G
If the SEC wants to go past 16 members:
Texass (state of Texas around 26 million)(If Texass were willing to change and be a good neighbor - I know - I laughed a little when I typed this)
OU (state of Oklahoma around 4 million) if they can peel off from OSU (no way the SEC will ever take Ok St).

I don't think the SEC is willing to go any further north or add any teams in existing states besides Texas. The only exception is if the SEC wants to seal off the south from the B1G. Then other teams could enter the picture like FSU, Miami, Clemson, or Texas Tech. In this scenario, The SEC would be around 20 teams. Don't see a scenario where the SEC would take Ok State, Kansas, Kansas St.,Iowa St, Baylor, TCU, SMU, or Houston.

Texas Tech seems to be assured a place one way or another in the SEC or PAC 12 because the state of Texas at 26 million people divided three ways (Texass, Aggies, Texas Tech) is around 8-9 million people. Baylor will sue every one if the big 12 falls apart.

Arkansas will never leave the SEC and be at the mercy of Texass. The SEC for the most part shares TV revenue, bowl revenue, SEC Championship, and allows the individual schools to keep the gate at games and merchandise sales.e i

Would be interesting to see a 20 team SEC with a Western division:
Arkansas
Texas Tech
Aggies
Texass
OU
LSU
Mizzou
Ole Miss
Miss St
Fla St

Eastern division:
Fla
Georgia
Tennessee
Kentucky
Vandy
USCeast
UNC
Virginia
Alabama (Bama does not want to be separated from Auburn or Tennessee)
Auburn

Back on topic, Saturday should be a great game. Can't wait.
Good is the enemy of great

jgphillips3

Great post RaiderRed. +1

I'll be 45 in a few days and fondly remember being in the SWC where my two favorite teams were the Razorbacks and whoever was playing Texas that week.  Thank you for a wealth of good information on your locale.  Win or lose, I always welcome fans like you to the board.  Other than against us, I wish y'all good luck this year.

The Boar War

Quote from: rzrbackrob on September 08, 2014, 10:29:45 pm

Would be interesting to see a 20 team SEC with a Western division:
Arkansas
Texas Tech
Aggies
Texass
OU
LSU
Mizzou
Ole Miss
Miss St
Fla St

Eastern division:
Fla
Georgia
Tennessee
Kentucky
Vandy
USCeast
UNC
Virginia
Alabama (Bama does not want to be separated from Auburn or Tennessee)
Auburn

Back on topic, Saturday should be a great game. Can't wait.

What would be the point of a 20 team conference?  You can barely fit all the division members into a 12 game schedule.  We barely play teams like Florida and Georgia as it is.  At some point we have to evaluate what a conference actually is.

rzrbackrob

Quote from: The Boar War on September 08, 2014, 10:40:21 pm
What would be the point of a 20 team conference?  You can barely fit all the division members into a 12 game schedule.  We barely play teams like Florida and Georgia as it is.  At some point we have to evaluate what a conference actually is.

The short answer is money and the emergence of conference commissioners as the people in power.
We already have 14 and 16 sure seems inevitable.
At 16, there will almost have to be a nine game conference schedule.
The B1G commissioner has hinted at a 20 team conference, which would put pressure on the SEC and the PAC 12 to not get left behind.

At least in a 20 team conference, there would be a true champion in your division as opposed to the unbalanced way it is done now.

On the down side, not playing any teams from the other division might endanger conference unity

I am old and it does seem odd to have a conference with over 10 members even to this day.

Did not mean to derail the thread from the most important game of the season so far for the Hogs and the opportunity to get feedback from a great Texas Tech fan about his team.
Good is the enemy of great

ronmahony

Great post man. I FIFA hotel in Lubbock back a few years ago, really enjoyed it.there us an old golf course we used to play every day. You could buy a card there I think it was 10 rounds with a cart for a hundred bucks. I will never forget the wind there. I drove a 340 yard par four going out and coming back used driver on a par three, didn't get half way there.lol it was brutal. I believe it was Nicks we used to go to a lot, fantastic place. I remember the old SWC days well, ad we were more like the bastard child. Kind of rough being the only team not from Texas. Lived watching you guys play when Leach was there. Won't be able to go to the game, but hope you stick around. Enjoy having friendly foes around. Good luck with the rest of the season, and hope you beat hell out of Texas.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Great post!  Thank you for all the information! 

I have seen Arkansas win at Texas Tech in the 1960's, 1970's, and 1980's!  I am looking forward to adding the 20 teens to the list! 

DadVader1

Thanks for the information!  We both have plenty of question marks going into the game.  TT has looked sluggish against inferior opponents this season, and we are looking for our first "real" win in about a year.  We both have a case of strength on weakness in this game when it comes to our rushing O vs. your rushing D & your passing O vs. our rushing D.  The line and many of the ratings systems apparently see it as a toss-up with home field advantage making TT a small favorite at opening.  I think Ark is slightly undervalued for now and TT is slightly overvalued for now, so I think we win outright as an underdog.  Still, it will be a good test for both of us, and we'll both know a lot more about our teams after the game.

RaiderRed

Quote from: HoGustav on September 08, 2014, 09:11:18 pm

I know of speculation only.  However, the story goes that Baker got all butt hurt when he wasn't played much the end of the year so he left on his own really.  As far as Brewer, after the Arizona State game in the bowl, I guess he figured that Webb was the guy so he left.  Really wanted to see him play and thought he had the credentials to be that great QB that Tech produces every other year.  And he proved me right after watching him dismantle Ohio State.  LOVED IT!  He hurt his back in preseason last year and the walk on Mayfield won the job from Webb.  Mayfield got hurt and Webb played until he got hurt then Mayfield played again.  Brewer only saw the field once and one or two plays in the bowl game. 

Brewer's dad played for UT.  Ya'll might remember him.  He was the starting qb. 

SemperFi

I'm solid with anybody that beats UT and understands the true nature of the aTm Agholes. Good post and although this coming Saturday I cannot wish your Red Raider team well, I'll be cheering you guys on after you shake off this loss to the Hogs. Best of luck and WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

GolfnHog

Quote from: RaiderRed on September 08, 2014, 05:42:37 pm
You will be shocked at how much Lubbock has changed and grown since the 80's.  Fourth street that ran just by the stadium on the north side is now a 6 lane freeway...the old housing area just east of the stadium was torn down in the largest reclamation project and now student housing and 4* hotel (The Overton) plus single family homes are now there.  If you come early, say 11am, you can park along the streets there about 2 blocks east of University Avenue.  It is free and very safe area. 

You might want to avoid the area just NE of the stadium as it isn't a great area of town.  There is a catholic church on Avenue X and Main street that has a large parking lot that they charge a nominal fee to park in.   Most areas on the Tech campus are for donors and such.  Free parking is located off of Indiana and 6th Street just West of the Medical school complex.  Paid parking is available through TexasTech.com under tickets.

Parking along Broadway east of University Avenue is also a good bet.  Though a hike, 19th street is another area.  This way you can hear the sweetest sound I know when walking back to your vehicle...The Victory Bells Ringing after the victory.  LOLOL  19th street is the southern border of the campus.  I keep waiting for the parking map to be updated so I can post in the original post. 

Since your last trip to Lubbock, it is about 120k bigger.

Thanks RaiderRed! Actually was in Lubbock in July seeing where parking "may" be available but wasn't getting good vibes after we left. Lubbock really has "grown up" and your info helps immensely. I appreciate all your help.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

GolfnHog

Quote from: Hog N Bama on September 08, 2014, 07:13:26 pm
Lubbock is always literally a breath of fresh air. Been there many times.  Never been anywhere flatter that's for sure.

Amen, the only place you'll exert any extra breaths will be walking the stairs in the stadium. Otherwise, regardless of where you walk from you won't be out of breathe; sometimes the flat lands can be your friend!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

jesterzzn

Quote from: RaiderRed on September 08, 2014, 11:23:17 am
Welcome to Lubbock, Razorback Nation! It has been way to long.  I can say we have missed you guys since your departure.  Arkansas and Tech were always considered the step children of the old SWC and we shared a common bond there and our mutal hatered for UT. 

The enemy of UT is my friend, unless you are from Texas.  Then you are just Texas scum.

No offense because you seem like a nice guy.  But in the SWC we had no friends.  It was literally us versus the rest of you.  Don't try to co-opt our Texas oppression culture you tex-scum!  (If you don't get the joke I apologize in advance)

George S. Pigton

Thank you for the info. Raider.  We plan to do some tailgating, hope to set up around 8a.m., where might we go to
find such a space?  Can we stake some tents out on Friday evening?  Can we just pay someone and pay to park in their
yard or parking lot close to the stadium?
\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

Johnboy

Quote from: RaiderRed on September 08, 2014, 12:14:27 pm
Oh look it is a aghole.  Right...we threw batteries, push old ladies down the stairs and keyed your car right?  Isn't it time for you to go and do a tradition or something.

RaiderRed this is my favorite of all your posts in this thread.  Haha  +1

twk

While talking about how much things have changed around the Tech campus and some parts of Lubbock, if you come in from the direction I would expect most Arkansas fans to be coming (US 82 from Wichita Falls), up until the point where you cross the interstate, very little will have changed since Arkansas's last trip to the South Plains (i.e., while campus and other parts of Lubbock have changed, East Lubbock is still very much the same).

Once you get past Seymour, civilization is pretty thin until you get up on the Caprock. Plan your pit stops accordingly. Watch out for the DPS (highway patrol)--with less volume of traffic, seem to have a low threshold of tolerance.  You might not see any, but if you run across one and you're doing five miles over, he just might have nothing better to do than to pull you over. The numbers game does not work in your favor in West Texas.

Here's something most folks don't realize--at 3200 feet above sea level, Lubbock is a lot higher than most visitors think. If you come in on US 82, your ears may pop a little as you go up (and down, and up again) the Caprock.

I would expect an offensive game--can't see Tech stopping the Arkansas run game, but I think Arkansas will have some problems with Tech's passing game. I'd give a slight edge to the road team, even though Tech is a tough place to place.

GolfnHog

Quote from: twk on September 09, 2014, 03:25:31 pm
While talking about how much things have changed around the Tech campus and some parts of Lubbock, if you come in from the direction I would expect most Arkansas fans to be coming (US 82 from Wichita Falls), up until the point where you cross the interstate, very little will have changed since Arkansas's last trip to the South Plains (i.e., while campus and other parts of Lubbock have changed, East Lubbock is still very much the same).

Once you get past Seymour, civilization is pretty thin until you get up on the Caprock. Plan your pit stops accordingly. Watch out for the DPS (highway patrol)--with less volume of traffic, seem to have a low threshold of tolerance.  You might not see any, but if you run across one and you're doing five miles over, he just might have nothing better to do than to pull you over. The numbers game does not work in your favor in West Texas.

Here's something most folks don't realize--at 3200 feet above sea level, Lubbock is a lot higher than most visitors think. If you come in on US 82, your ears may pop a little as you go up (and down, and up again) the Caprock.

I would expect an offensive game--can't see Tech stopping the Arkansas run game, but I think Arkansas will have some problems with Tech's passing game. I'd give a slight edge to the road team, even though Tech is a tough place to place.

And more importantly, cell phone service is non-existent is some stretches of 82 between WF and Lubbock. XM/Sirius radio will certainly be your friend. Upside, gas in Lubbock is usually below most regional prices.

thefisher

I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

scruf

Texas Tech was a SWC stepchild because they went 7-28 against Arkansas all-time. Arkansas was second only to Texas. Lubbock is a s-hole. Hogs are going to crush the Raiders but I appreciate your nice guy routine. +1

RaiderRed

Once again, your missing the point.  Arkansas and Texas Tech were not in the I-35, I-45 corridor.  The snobs in Dallas, Houston and Asstin do not consider anything relevant or of any worth outside of this area of Texas.  Your win loss vs Tech has nothing to do with the remark "Stepchild". 

No as far  as Lbk being a "shithole".  I imagine you have never been here therefore you have no credibility on the subject and you heard from a friend that is a Aghole or have a Aghole as a friend that has told you this or that.  Or maybe it was one of the Whorns that told you such darn.  Funny cause they say the same about Fayetteville.  I have been to Fayetteville...decent place.  So have you been to Lubbock before?  Didn't think so. 

Quote from: scruf on September 09, 2014, 04:06:57 pm
Texas Tech was a SWC stepchild because they went 7-28 against Arkansas all-time. Arkansas was second only to Texas. Lubbock is a s-hole. Hogs are going to crush the Raiders but I appreciate your nice guy routine. +1

RaiderRed

Here is the updated Parking information link for those that have asked. 

Safe travels. 

http://www.texastech.com/sports/m-footbl/travel.html

RaiderRed

Quote from: George S. Pigton on September 09, 2014, 02:19:09 pm
Thank you for the info. Raider.  We plan to do some tailgating, hope to set up around 8a.m., where might we go to
find such a space?  Can we stake some tents out on Friday evening?  Can we just pay someone and pay to park in their
yard or parking lot close to the stadium?

Your best bet is to try the Texas Tech Museum Parking lot.  It is on 4th street just west of the stadium.  Roughly about half mile from the stadium.  Go to Googlemaps.com, type in Texas Tech Museum.  The parking lots there should be available and there is grassy areas as well to set a tent.  The stadium is about a half mile to the east of this location on 4th street which turns into the Marsha Sharp Freeway.  Safe travels.

RaiderRed

Quote from: jesterzzn on September 09, 2014, 12:16:18 pm
The enemy of UT is my friend, unless you are from Texas.  Then you are just Texas scum.

No offense because you seem like a nice guy.  But in the SWC we had no friends.  It was literally us versus the rest of you.  Don't try to co-opt our Texas oppression culture you tex-scum!  (If you don't get the joke I apologize in advance)

No real offense taken, however, remember the people you have encountered that have that arrogant Texas attitude is the snobs in Dallas, Austin and Houston.  West Texas is what we like to call the State of West Texas.  The true Texas is here not in the yankee fied urban areas of Texas or worse the California-ized Austin.    ;D

As far as not having friends in Texas.  Untrue.  In this part of the state when UT would play Arkansas 99% of the people in these parts were yelling WHOOOEY PIG, SOOOEY

scruf

Quote from: RaiderRed on September 09, 2014, 04:27:19 pm
Once again, your missing the point.  Arkansas and Texas Tech were not in the I-35, I-45 corridor.  The snobs in Dallas, Houston and Asstin do not consider anything relevant or of any worth outside of this area of Texas.  Your win loss vs Tech has nothing to do with the remark "Stepchild". 

No as far  as Lbk being a "shithole".  I imagine you have never been here therefore you have no credibility on the subject and you heard from a friend that is a Aghole or have a Aghole as a friend that has told you this or that.  Or maybe it was one of the Whorns that told you such darn.  Funny cause they say the same about Fayetteville.  I have been to Fayetteville...decent place.  So have you been to Lubbock before?  Didn't think so. 

Been there. Back when I worked for an airline (ASA) in the late 90s. Not impressed.

RaiderRed

Quote from: scruf on September 09, 2014, 04:48:42 pm
Been there. Back when I worked for an airline (ASA) in the late 90s. Not impressed.

You wouldn't recognize it since the late 90's.  Many, Many things have changed.  Very different now. Plus about 50k more people since then.  Had a old college buddy of mine hadn't been here since the same time and he couldn't believe the difference.  But to each his own. 

George S. Pigton

Thanks, that looks okay.  What about the business parking lots to the east of the stadium, do they rent those lots out before the game for
tailgaters like they do near Jerry World or is it just business as usual?
\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

RaiderRed

Quote from: George S. Pigton on September 09, 2014, 05:06:28 pm
Thanks, that looks okay.  What about the business parking lots to the east of the stadium, do they rent those lots out before the game for
tailgaters like they do near Jerry World or is it just business as usual?

I don't think they do.  There a couple of restaurants there in the strip center across from the museum.  The area just east of the interchange of 4th and Marsha Sharp Freeway, they might.  I haven't been over to that area during a game in a long while.  I really think your best bet is the museum parking lot area for free parking or east of University avenue about two blocks.  You can park along the road there and there is still some empty lots you could put up a tent by the car.  Parking at Tech isn't easy but not impossible like at UT. 

Another option is parking in what is called Raider Park.  You can buy parking passes on TexasTech.com.  The price is $55 per car.  No RVs...though they have pads they are all sold out.  It is the large 10 story parking garage just to the north of the stadium across the freeway.  No need for a tent in there.  The parking garage has a sky bridge that passes over the freeway right to the NW gates.

You might try on the NE corner of the Marsha Sharp Freeway and University avenue, right behind a restaurant called Panda Express.  There is a couple of houses there that have lots next to them I know they rent spaces.

Hope this helped a bit.   

Medic821

Tejas_Pete

Inhogswetrust

September 10, 2014, 07:50:42 am #131 Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 03:00:13 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: RaiderRed on September 09, 2014, 04:43:40 pm
No real offense taken, however, remember the people you have encountered that have that arrogant Texas attitude is the snobs in Dallas, Austin and Houston.  West Texas is what we like to call the State of West Texas.  The true Texas is here not in the yankee fied urban areas of Texas or worse the California-ized Austin.    ;D

As far as not having friends in Texas.  Untrue.  In this part of the state when UT would play Arkansas 99% of the people in these parts were yelling WHOOOEY PIG, SOOOEY

You type as if parts of texas are different and they are. However you stereotype California when typing '"California-ized" yet parts of that state are just as different or even more so than parts of texas respectively. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 10, 2014, 07:50:42 am
You type as if parts of texas are different and they are. However you stereotype California when typing '"Califonia-ized" yet parts of that state are just as different or even more so than parts of texas respectively.
Don't be bringing logic to a message board.  That's like bringing a knife to a gunfight.  ;D

LZH

I've been away for a few days, but that was an excellent, first-class post.  That's how it's done right there...+1 buddy.

And I hate to bring up the past, but when watching one of the videos of Tech's gal on the horse I noticed a video of Mike Leach talking to his team after beating Baylor 20-13 in 2009.  I know it's history, kinda like us watching a Petrino video, but dammit man everyone has got to see that just once.  It's classic.  I'm not gonna post it, mainly because it's full of more foul language than not, but it's about 6 and a half minutes long and listed as "Mike Leach After Baylor Game".  It's great - that guy is a hoot.

ICEman

So it looks like the metro area is about 1/2 the size of Northwest Arkansas.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

razorbackkid

Quote from: porkinsons disease on September 08, 2014, 12:01:25 pm
Very well done. +1. I lived in Lubbock for about a year and really enjoyed my time there (early 20's). Thought it got a bad rap. Very passionate fan-base. Good luck .....after we play you Saturday.
Quote from: BorderPatrol on September 08, 2014, 12:09:57 pm
Damn, how old are you?

bp

Hope to hear he drinks and smokes so I'll have a bit of expectation to live as long.  :)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ICEman on September 10, 2014, 02:36:28 pm
So it looks like the metro area is about 1/2 the size of Northwest Arkansas.

They also consider Muleshoe a metro area in west texas..................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

scruf

Things I'd Rather Do Than Visit Lubbock:

1) Eat scabs.
2) Watch my neighbor's kids.
3) Watch my neighbor's kids eat scabs.
4) Play checkers without an opponent.
5) Go back to Iraq.
6) Read Raider fan posts on Hogville.
7) Reply to those posts.
8. Watch a WNBA game.
9) Finish this list.
10) Cool, this chapter of my life has closed.

RaiderRed

Quote from: scruf on September 10, 2014, 03:10:17 pm
Things I'd Rather Do Than Visit Lubbock:

1) Eat scabs.
2) Watch my neighbor's kids.
3) Watch my neighbor's kids eat scabs.
4) Play checkers without an opponent.
5) Go back to Iraq.
6) Read Raider fan posts on Hogville.
7) Reply to those posts.
8. Watch a WNBA game.
9) Finish this list.
10) Cool, this chapter of my life has closed.

Ditto but about Fayettville.  At least I have been there.  You been to Lubbock in the last 5 years.