Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You know...Ive been a member of Hogville for six years now

Started by SpasticColon, March 08, 2012, 07:36:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SpasticColon

and every year you have bashed your basketball coaches and your players.  I realize you have a proud history of great basketball teams, but I believe you have one very good coach now.  His system is beyond what you have talent to play right now, and you are going to have to have some patience...He has to get the correct players to run his system and that will take 2 or 3 good recruiting classes.  I know about being patient, I lived through the Mike Dubose/Mike Shula years and I understand the frustration.  But all the moaning and bitching does nothing to help and you must realize players and potential recruits read these boards....Give it time, you will be back on track soon with Anderson...Take it for what it is worth but it is just my opinion.

HoginClinton

Quote from: SpasticColon on March 08, 2012, 07:36:04 pm
and every year you have bashed your basketball coaches and your players.  I realize you have a proud history of great basketball teams, but I believe you have one very good coach now.  His system is beyond what you have talent to play right now, and you are going to have to have some patience...He has to get the correct players to run his system and that will take 2 or 3 good recruiting classes.  I know about being patient, I lived through the Mike Dubose/Mike Shula years and I understand the frustration.  But all the moaning and bitching does nothing to help and you must realize players and potential recruits read these boards....Give it time, you will be back on track soon with Anderson...Take it for what it is worth but it is just my opinion.
Patience is not allowed.

Sed76

It's not just the Jump Ball forum. Should have seen the board during the Vanderbilt and Ole Miss football games last season. Even though we ended up winning both games the whining and crying was just crazy.

uncle bubs

Ya we got some whiners on this board. It's pretty funny to read but I'm sure potential recruits do check in. Maybe a small key to bringing in better recruits is to quit acting like little sallies and take it out on the dog instead of turning recruits away. Just a thought.
God bless the Boston Mountains.

Break & Run

It's crazy.  Jump Ball and the negative nancies of Hogville represent such a SMALL portion of Razorback Nation.  I live in Hot Springs and speak to several alumni and Foundation members on a daily basis and I don't come across a negative nancy but maybe 1 in every 250 people.  It's pathetic, really, that Hogville has all of these people like that because recruits and current players read these boards moreso than interacting with hundreds of random fans in a days time.  Maybe if we quit being whiny little brats then recruits will WANT to play for this fanbase.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

PonderinHog

Quote from: uncle bubs on March 09, 2012, 06:21:39 pm
Ya we got some whiners on this board. It's pretty funny to read but I'm sure potential recruits do check in. Maybe a small key to bringing in better recruits is to quit acting like little sallies and take it out on the dog instead of turning recruits away. Just a thought.
My dog doesn't like me either.

Hogfaniam

All you have to do is look at the smite count to get the prevailing attitudes on the board.  Very few people have a positive count. 
it would be interesting to have a poll of who smites people, why they do, and do they get some kind of a charge out of doing it.

Maybe the negativity is just basic human nature.

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

HoopS

Sometimes it takes an outsider to point out the obvious.  I do appreciate your post.

We have some who will never accept Anderson for various reasons.  They won't admit it openly but it is true.   We have others who just wanted someone else and combine that with MA getting a nice salary, they convince themselves that that should mean he can get it done even without having time to recruit.  We also have some who just love to be contrary.  Others who remember the HDN days and saw some get out ahead of the curve in recognizing the future under him and want to prove how smart they are like that.  Some may have legit reasons for doubting but I think most fall into other categories and they just won't admit it.

I believe most Hog fans agree with you but some don't even want to type it because they know they'll get attacked by some of the aforementioned posters. 

1Hog1/2Ham

Quote from: hogfaniam on March 10, 2012, 10:18:03 am
All you have to do is look at the smite count to get the prevailing attitudes on the board.  Very few people have a positive count. 
it would be interesting to have a poll of who smites people, why they do, and do they get some kind of a charge out of doing it.

Have to agree about the prevailing attitudes.

But do you think all the negativity is human nature or just the "habit" of some humans? 

Pork Twain

I know that it is pretty pathetic isn't it. It is one of the things that I find most frustrating about online forums. When we win our next NC, there will be some amazing fans on here complaining about us not doing it by a large enough margin.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

PonderinHog

Quote from: 1Hog1/2Ham on March 10, 2012, 10:41:33 am

But do you think all the negativity is human nature or just the "habit" of some humans?
I prefer to remain anonymass. ;)

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: hogfaniam on March 10, 2012, 10:18:03 am

I've never understood why anyone would care about smites but to each their own.

Yes, it is human nature to think negatively. As humans, if we have 1004 things go right in a day and 1 thing go wrong, guess what we'll be focusing on that night?

Hogfaniam

Quote from: 1Hog1/2Ham on March 10, 2012, 10:41:33 am

i just witnessed my 5 yr old nephew break a stick hitting on a ball and then try to blame it on my 19 mo old grand daughter, all of this while 3 people were watching him do it.  he didn't know at the time he was being watched.  so, yeah, i kinda beleive in the basic negativity of man.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

pigmailyen

Nailed it.  Thanks for the excellent post!