Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 18, 2024, 11:13:27 pm

You idiots...

Started by Hawgon, February 08, 2006, 09:14:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgon

I haven't said a damn thing about wanting McCurdy to play you dumbass!  But if I did, it would be because I believe he is more of a true point guard than anybody on the team.  Lack of a point guard is killing this team.  Not, because he is a great free throw shooter.  How in the hell do we know if he is a great free throw shooter.  He is 5/8 all year.  Shiite, he may be a terrible free throw shooter for all we know.  He is however, a better ball handler than Jefferson, but that is besides the point in this situation.  If you don't think a kid is good enough to even get in the game for 39 minutes and 35 seconds, why put him in the last 25 seconds.  It makes no sense.

Richard_white

TDHog

Quote from: Chupin on February 08, 2006, 10:08:05 pm
Quote from: Hawgon on February 08, 2006, 10:01:39 pm
Chupin,

Answer this question?  Do you think it is smart to put someone in who is totally cold and expect them to win the game on the line?  Have you ever shot a free throw in a game situation in your life?  Do you know what it is like?  Have you ever shot a free throw to win a game?  If you haven't shut the frick up because you don't have a clue what your are talking about.

If McCurdy is truely the best shooter/freethrow shooter the teams got, as most of you "OMG MCCURDY IS HOGBALL'S JESUS" fans probably believe, then yes he should have been shooting those free throws. Yes, I played Basketball/Football in highschool, though the logic doesn't follow through, in any situation.

Anybody can learn to shoot free throws. You don't have to have D-I talent to shoot free throws.  There are guys on this board who are better free throw shooters than anybody on our team.  But even so, anybody who has ever done it will tell you that you don't want to come in off the bench, ice cold, and be put into a situation like that.  Should he have made them?  Yeah, there is never an excuse for missing a free throw.  But shoud a real coach ever put a freshman in a situation like that?  No, of course not.  Heath lost this game, pure and simple.  A coach is supposed to make decisions that make things easier on his players, not decisions that put the wrong players in unbelievably pressure packed situations.

IF McCurdy was the best man for the job, which alot of you believe, then he SHOULD have been in that situation, no matter if he's a freshman or a senior, played 40 minutes or played 40 seconds.  If McCurdy isn't all that, like you guys say he is, simply say so and I'll say it was a bad decision to have him in the game. 

I mean what in the heck would you say if HDN put the third string field goal kicker into the game to make a 20 yard chip shot for no apparent reason?  Yeah, you know who you would blame that on when he missed.  There was no reason to put in McCurdy at that point.  None whatsoever and there were a ton of reasons not to put him in the game.

Would you be pushing Nut to put in a third string goal kicker?  Then why are you pushing for Heath to put McCurdy in?  I mean after all, you are the one comparing McCurdy to a third string player.  Logic betrays you!

This kid came in in 1 min and twice broke down the zone which maybe happpened 4 times all game, once for a easy layup, and once he drove and kicked it out for an open three.  No one ever said McCrudy needs to be the man with the game on the line (although Brewer has not lived up to that billing) but McCurdy needs to be playing 10-15 mins/game, period.  Don't believe me, how many TO's did Ferguson and Jefferson have? 

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Hawgon on February 08, 2006, 10:14:09 pm
I haven't said a damn thing about wanting McCurdy to play you dumbass!  But if I did, it would be because I believe he is more of a true point guard than anybody on the team.  Lack of a point guard is killing this team.  Not, because he is a great free throw shooter.  How in the hell do we know if he is a great free throw shooter.  He is 5/8 all year.  Shiite, he may be a terrible free throw shooter for all we know.  He is however, a better ball handler than Jefferson, but that is besides the point in this situation.  If you don't think a kid is good enough to even get in the game for 39 minutes and 35 seconds, why put him in the last 25 seconds.  It makes no sense.

Did you notice that the commentators even pointed out that Ferg. and Jefferson were not real point guards and that we had suffered all year because of their style of play?  Did anyone else notice their take on that?
Retired Radio Host

Richard_white

Where are all the people that should complain that Ferguson was jacking up three pointers before we could have someone in position?..what about Jefferson ball handling all game?.where are all the complainers at? 

dhornjr1

Can this freakin' season get any more ridiculous. We blow double digit leads on the road and lose. We come back from double digit leads on the road and lose. I'm just really tired of it all.

dhornjr1

I think it's time to start the "Wait till next year" chants.

hulk hog

Sean is an 83% free throw shooter and the best shooter on the team...Hell everybody's elses freshman always hit a big one on us maybe Stan thought for once we would return the favor.

Fo those of you who wanted it in Brewer's hands...well he had it at the end, got within 20 feet of the basket and once again we have to heave it up from behind the 3-point line to try and win a game.....I ain't happy with Stan but at somepoint a player has step up and be a man at the end. We finally showed some guts coming from behind but these guys don't know how to win.  I would be curious to know if any of them won a championship in High School because the just don't seem to have a killer instinct winners have. This is not just a coach issue it's a player issue as well  but the coach picks the players so he bear the burden. :puke:
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

Hawgon

Quote from: hulk hog on February 08, 2006, 10:49:44 pm
Sean is an 83% free throw shooter and the best shooter on the team...Hell everybody's elses freshman always hit a big one on us maybe Stan thought for once we would return the favor.

Fo those of you who wanted it in Brewer's hands...well he had it at the end, got within 20 feet of the basket and once again we have to heave it up from behind the 3-point line to try and win a game.....I ain't happy with Stan but at somepoint a player has step up and be a man at the end. We finally showed some guts coming from behind but these guys don't know how to win.  I would be curious to know if any of them won a championship in High School because the just don't seem to have a killer instinct winners have. This is not just a coach issue it's a player issue as well  but the coach picks the players so he bear the burden. :puke:

What it is is a coach issue that has gone on so long that it has gotten into the players' heads.  Players, coaches, and everybody in the arena knows that we will find a way to lose the game.  The players tighten up, the coach tightens up, and we lose the game.  Coaches are there to get teams over this kind of thing.  Obviously, Heath can't do it.  Four years is long enough to try.  The same players with a new coach and a new attitude to come into their own next year.  If we keep Heath, nothing changes and we have the same gigantic monkey on our backs.

tigerland

This game reminded me of the LSU/Ark football game last season. Down to the wire. For some reason Ark always come in and scare the darn out of us.
Great team effort.
Go razorbacks

CIA

McCurdy was 83% before he shot the 2 free throws and missed....
He is now 65% after the misses.  Calling him the best FT shooter is an embarassment.  Heath needs to wear a Jester hat to the press conference.
This is what a coach consideres his best move on the road in an SEC game that comes down to the wire and insert a freshman that played all of 30 seconds in the first half.
This kid changed his free throw percentage by almost 20% because of 2 misses. 
Stan, there is a junior high opening somewhere in the state, please take it.
"Tradition is the last bastion of hope for present day losers"....ME!

the donger

Quote from: hogfancb on February 08, 2006, 09:33:47 pm
Heath said on the post game "that he put McCurdy in because he is 83% FT"   Before this game McCurdy was 5 of 6 on FT's.  Out of 21 games he is 5 of 6.  Bad Coaching move on Heaths part.
Bad coaching move. But a major college basketball player should be able to make freethrows(even coming off the bench). Everyone stop making excuses, they BOTH choked!

Franchise_Hog

Here it is plain and simple........

McCurdy should have made at least one, but he DID NOT lose the game for us.

Stan DID NOT lose the game for the decision to put McCurdy in...if he makes just one, we think it was a good move by Stan and we're not having this discussion.

Here's where the real blame lies......

-Stan doesn't play the right combinations during certain parts of ball games
-Our big men, I mean just tall men, DO NOT box out....leads to zero rebounding
-Shot selection...everyone at some point is guilty of this one

chiefsfan

Quote from: jcrace on February 08, 2006, 09:50:33 pm
McCurdy choked, absolutely, but WHY? WHY? WHY? did he have the opportunity to? 

That is the question that you guys should be asking.

I honestly believe that was a big "I told you so" from that a-hole Heath. 

HE IS A TERRIBLE COACH.

You people (morons) who want to make excuses for a coach who is 3-20whatever on the road of the ARKANSAS freakin RAZORBACKS bball team are simply stupid. 

END OF STORY get your heads out of your rears and then wipe of your glasses

You are such an idiot.  Why dont you just play Jefferson over McCurdy instead, That way when Jefferson misses both we are all yelling at Heath about not playing McCurdy in that situation-just like we were at Bama.

McCurdy was the best freakin option in that situation.  He was not drawn up to get the ball.  Freakin Charles Thomas and Ronnie brewer did that job by passing it to him.   if Thomas holds on to the ball instead of making a pass when he isnt covered in the first place, then at worst we are in OT.

GET it through your thick skull, McCurdy Choked, plain and simple.   everyone does it, nothing to worry about.   

If you wanna blame someone for this blame Ronnie brewer for not showing up for the first 35 minutes  and for the last 30 seconds...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

TXrazorback

Quote from: chiefsfan on February 09, 2006, 01:28:16 am

HE IS A TERRIBLE COACH.

You people (morons) who want to make excuses for a coach who is 3-20whatever on the road of the ARKANSAS freakin RAZORBACKS bball team are simply stupid. 

You are such an idiot.  Why dont you just play Jefferson over McCurdy instead, That way when Jefferson misses both we are all yelling at Heath about not playing McCurdy in that situation-just like we were at Bama.

McCurdy was the best freakin option in that situation.  He was not drawn up to get the ball.  Freakin Charles Thomas and Ronnie brewer did that job by passing it to him.   if Thomas holds on to the ball instead of making a pass when he isnt covered in the first place, then at worst we are in OT.

GET it through your thick skull, McCurdy Choked, plain and simple.   everyone does it, nothing to worry about.  

If you wanna blame someone for this blame Ronnie brewer for not showing up for the first 35 minutes  and for the last 30 seconds...

Let me preface this statement by saying:  I don't give a flying poo if McCurdy ever plays. (and I meant that before this game) as long as we win (which we don't)

I am an idiot enough to somewhat understand what your are saying and I partially agree, HOWEVER, how in the world can you not blame coaching for, and let me quote you "Freakin Charles Thomas and Ronnie brewer did that job by passing it to him"?  THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN (at least not often) IF A TEAM IS WELL COACHED. 

By the way I think that you may be able to get a hell of a deal on an "I love Heath and I want him to father my children" t-shirt. 
Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

HairyHog

In defense of McCurdy, Heath played him 2 minutes.  That means he had about 1 1/2 minutes off the bench before he went in at "crunch time"  Heath put him in the game after a Time Out that should have not been called.  The TO gave Brady (who couldn't stop the clock) time to set up a defense and decide who to foul.  It was a coaching mistake, to be added to the others Stan has been making since he's been here. If he wants McCurdy to make a difference, than dammit play him more than one or two minutes a game.

This team will NEVER amount to anything unless and until Heath is gone.

A-Town Hog Fan

Quote from: fu-man-soo on February 08, 2006, 09:15:48 pm
just like they shouldn't let you post anymore.  i repeat.. all d-1 b-ball players should be able to make free throws at any time

My thought exactly.  +1 for you
Lord help us all!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Hawgon on February 08, 2006, 09:14:32 pm
thinking McCurdy cost us that game have obviously never played basketball.  Why on earth would a coach ever pull a freshman off the bench who has not played in the game at all and ask him to play in crunch time.  Absolutely unbelievable.

Want to know the brilliance of Heath's handling of McCurdy season to date?

McCurdy had shot a grand total of two free throws in ALL games after November 30 (the Southern Miss game).  That was on January 14, at home against Vanderbilt.

He was REALLY READY to take the game-deciding free throws at Baton Rouge in front of those screaming posters.
[CENSORED]!

BentonHog

LOL, that's funny. ;D
"Press on: nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."             --Calvin Coolidge

Hawgballer

Quote from: Ark Blitz on February 08, 2006, 09:30:06 pm
It was a FREE THROW!!  If he suppose to be one of the top free throw shooters he should have made one.

If it was Thomas, Jefferson, Brewer, Townes or Monica everyone on this board would be talking about them.

McCurdy = Choke tonight.  He is a D 1 player in the SEC. 

Please stop making EXCUSES!!

So true anybody else gets crucified....not the goldenchild. Boy...I wonder why sean is such a fan favorite??? Karma for you.

SMITE IT KOOL AID DRINKERS!!!!

Hawgballer

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on February 08, 2006, 09:42:25 pm
Quote from: Bogarto on February 08, 2006, 09:26:34 pm
I like McCurdy, but a free throw is a free throw. I see tons of true freshmen in college basketball step up and hit big free throws.

bogarto, I see your point.  But AT LSU, with OUR road record, with a coach that obviously HATES him and REFUSES to play him and then THROWS him in like that COLD?  Doesn't that merit some consideration?

Stan Heath hates McCurdy? I wonder why he gave him a scholarship?

Hawgballer

HE IS A TERRIBLE COACH.

This is the most ridiculous post I have ever read....bar none.

So you're saying that you honestly believe that heath threw the game, and took another giant step towards losing his job, so he could say "I told you so" to all the McCurdy gobblers?

Are you high?   SMITE IT LIBERACHE!!!

hogoh

Why is everyone so upset? It was the second moral victory in Baton Rouge in a row by a Razorback team, ala Nutt.

Rey Pygsterio

The people who ran off Nolan are more to blame than Heath.

Heath is not the person who broke this basketball program. It's unfair to expect him to clean up this mess that was created by an angry mob of fans, media, boosters, and administrators. It was one of the most embarrassing things I've ever witnessed occur in this state, and you reading this may share the blame.

So if you want to fire Heath, fine. He was not the best candidate to hire. But there is a line of people in front of him that should get the axe first because they are much more responsible for the last four years.
"Rey Pygsterio will slash the tires on your Flex Fuel Tahoe and slap your Bentonville princess wife in the face." - Latarian

hog caller

TRUE MCCURDY CHOKED, BUT WITH 11 SECONDS LEFT SO DID OUR ALL AMEREICAN FRON INSIDE THE CIRCLE. THE PROBLEM WITH THE HOGS IS NOT JUST ONE MAN. IT'S A GAGLE OF THINGS. PLEASE HURRY AND CHECK IN MR WEEMS.AND GET IN REAL GOOD SHAPE AND STAY OUTOF TROUBLE MR. IRVIN.

WPS

hog caller

@CHUPIN, IF MCCURDY LOST THE GAME THEN WHO WAS THAT THAT TOOK THE LAST SHOT WITH 11 SSECONDS TO GO AND MISSED AN 18 FT JUMPER. NO ONE MAN IS RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSEING A GAME. IF WE HAD PLAYED HARD IN THE FIRST HALF IT WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THAT CLOSE ANYWAY. WHEN YOU JUST GOOF AROUND TIL THE WATER GETS UP TOO TOUR CHIN AND REALIZE IT'S TIME TO DO SOMETHING OR DIE THEN YOU WILL START CLIMBING BUT IF YOU DON'T MAKE IT DON'T BLAME IT ON SOMEONE . IJMO

jay2000

yes mccurdy choked.

but.........

it is heaths job to realize that 5 out of 6 is not the same as 50 out of 60. he put in a freshman, who was on the bench all night, who has taken only 6 free throws all year, in a position to win the game. as a coach, you put that ball in modica or brewers hands. period. they are the leaders.  even charles thomas shoots over 70% with a lot of attempts.

heath is learning on the job. eben though he is improving every year , it is painfully slow.

HogHillbilly

It shouldn't have come down to McCurdy shooting free throws............What lost the game was, NO offensive rebounds, so we had no second chances at misses..........Kinda hard to win a game when you only get one shot on every drive !             Plus, we should have started the press coming out of halftime, not with 5 minutes left.............
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

yocdaddy

There isn't a coach in America that wouldn't get their best free throw shooters in the game for that situation.  The problem was that he hadn't played at all in the second half.  Heath definitely put McCurdy in a tough situation, but the player had a chance to make the play.  By the way, everyone that played in the game had opportunities to win this game for us.  One more defensive stop or one more defensive rebound at any time during the course of the entire game, would have won the ballgame for us.  In fact, one more play by anyone prior to that last 24 seconds would have had us already up 4 points when we inbounded the ball.  

Had the hogs held on for the comeback win, no one would have given the credit to Heath, and rightfully so, the players deserve the credit for making the comeback.  Just like they deserve most of the blame for blowing huge leads!  

Just so everyone knows, I am not defending Heath for his decision last night.  He put McCurdy in a tough spot, but McCurdy or Heath didn't lose the game.  The Arkansas Razorbacks lost the game.
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

hogsanity

Again, ny thought on McCurdy is not the misses ft's.  Where was he on D on the other end?  He was in the lane!  Now what was he doing there?  From the game film he was doing NOTHING.  That was is and will be the problem with him the rest of the year.  He either can not or will not play D. 

How many hogs played last night.  Whatever the # thaose are the guys who would have been credited with winning and share equally in the loss.  Modica said it after the game.  He said they dont blame Sean, everyone who played did something to contribute to not winning. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hardwork321

Yea, why did he miss two free throws in a row.  He needs to be a UCA or ASU!!!

Mark_Freeman

they all choked, dont let them hit a friggin 3 when thats all that can beat you, you have got to be kidding me. McCurdy did choke, shoulda made one at least, but he shouldnt have had that chance either. if he had made them we would be praising he and heath for getting good FT shooters on the court, it just so happens he blew em both. great day, great day... Im off to make some loud noises.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: yocdaddy on February 09, 2006, 09:54:33 am
There isn't a coach in America that wouldn't get their best free throw shooters in the game for that situation.  The problem was that he hadn't played at all in the second half.

The problem was he wasn't one of their best free throw shooters, because he had virtually no experience shooting free throws in games much less enemy arenas in SEC play.  Two free throw attempts in all games since the end of November.
[CENSORED]!

Franchise_Hog

Quote from: Rey Pygsterio on February 09, 2006, 09:25:30 am

Uh excuse me, but uh, I'm pretty sure Nolan had something to do with running himself off.

Hardwork321

No, the reason Nolan got ran off is because he told  America the truth about NWA!

And he was correct. 

Quote from: Franchise_Hog on February 09, 2006, 01:15:18 pm

Uh excuse me, but uh, I'm pretty sure Nolan had something to do with running himself off.

Franchise_Hog

Quote from: Hardwork321 on February 09, 2006, 01:21:17 pm
No, the reason Nolan got ran off is because he told  America the truth about NWA!

And he was correct. 

Quote from: Franchise_Hog on February 09, 2006, 01:15:18 pm

You are smokin' crack.  Nolan dared the U of A to fire him and they did b/c of years of his mouth.

He was the racist.....remember the tanks and everything....jeez.

Franchise_Hog

And why can't I post correctly today........

Hawgballer

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 09, 2006, 01:12:27 pm
Quote from: yocdaddy on February 09, 2006, 09:54:33 am
There isn't a coach in America that wouldn't get their best free throw shooters in the game for that situation.  The problem was that he hadn't played at all in the second half.

The problem was he wasn't one of their best free throw shooters, because he had virtually no experience shooting free throws in games much less enemy arenas in SEC play.  Two free throw attempts in all games since the end of November.

You do realize they shoot free throws in practice right?

othermac

those kids live for the game when they can win it by hitting their free throws, i would bet that mccurdy has gone thru that scenaro over 1000 times.
"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

TDHog

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2006, 10:00:02 am
Again, ny thought on McCurdy is not the misses ft's.  Where was he on D on the other end?  He was in the lane!  Now what was he doing there?  From the game film he was doing NOTHING.  That was is and will be the problem with him the rest of the year.  He either can not or will not play D. 

How many hogs played last night.  Whatever the # thaose are the guys who would have been credited with winning and share equally in the loss.  Modica said it after the game.  He said they dont blame Sean, everyone who played did something to contribute to not winning. 

Bull, that was not McCurdy's responsibility on the 3.