Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booger McFarland Says Gus Wants Arkansas Job

Started by moses_007, November 16, 2017, 07:33:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 16, 2017, 11:42:36 pm
I did think Long would be fired, but I thought it would be after the season. I don't think Gus will be the next coach. I'd be willing to bet no posting on here for a year, if you want to bet. I would say money, but no one pays.
I will take the bet if he loses in the Iron Bowl.

Hoggie17

Quote from: moses_007 on November 16, 2017, 09:20:08 pm
Everyone here needs to get on the Gus Bus.  It's crystal clear it's coming to Arkansas.  Give the man a chance, guys,,,,,he's been a winner everywhere he's coached, from high school to the SEC.
They will all shut because Gus will win.

moses_007

I did think Long would be fired, but I thought it would be after the season. I don't think Gus will be the next coach. I'd be willing to bet no posting on here for a year, if you want to bet. I would say money, but no one pays.
It's already a done deal.  No search committee needed for either the AD job or head football coach.  Both positions have already been filled.  We'll just have to wait for the two pressers.

moses_007

Where in the world is WilsonHog?  I haven't heard a peep from here since Long was fired. 

Swine-as-wine

Quote from: moses_007 on November 16, 2017, 07:40:24 pm
Tommy and Gus are coming home!

So Tommy is going to Monticello and Gus to Henderson?

moses_007

Quote from: Swine-as-wine on November 17, 2017, 12:36:58 am
So Tommy is going to Monticello and Gus to Henderson?
Come on, you know better than that. 

soooieman

Quote from: moses_007 on November 16, 2017, 09:20:08 pm
Everyone here needs to get on the Gus Bus.  It's crystal clear it's coming to Arkansas.  Give the man a chance, guys,,,,,he's been a winner everywhere he's coached, from high school to the SEC.
He's 17-14 in the sec since 2014. WITH top 10 classes!!! Why in the world would anybody think he could do better here with worse talent and same schedule?

East Clintwood

Quote from: moses_007 on November 16, 2017, 08:30:47 pm
He's happy to know he's coming home.  I think he will be announced right after the Alabama game, perhaps the next day.  That will be his last game to coach at Auburn, regardless of who wins.  He is getting out of Dodge, guys.

I think you people care more about sticking it to Auburn than you do about getting a winning football coach.

He hasn't been all that successful at Auburn working with Top 10 recruiting classes.  He's going to come here and get 20-25 classes and win less than he's been doing at Auburn.  We'll tire of him eventually but won't be able to get rid of him

It'll be Hootie all over again.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

moses_007

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 17, 2017, 01:15:19 am

I think you people care more about sticking it to Auburn than you do about getting a winning football coach.

He hasn't been all that successful at Auburn working with Top 10 recruiting classes.  He's going to come here and get 20-25 classes and win less than he's been doing at Auburn.  We'll tire of him eventually but won't be able to get rid of him

It'll be Hootie all over again.
He'll do better since he won't be losing so many in state recruits to other schools like Bielema has.  Plus, his offense will be much more appealing to Texas high school kids.

No doubt he is a much better coach than what we've had.  Who is any better?  Les Miles?

tlmack

I hope it's not Gus. I will not attend any games or donate to the Razorback Foundation as long as he is Head Hog. I know the Gus worshipers are going to blast me but oh well. There are just some things that people have strong emotions about(both positive and not) and Gus is my not in regards of Razorback football. I will say before I get hit with this , I am not a Houston Nutt fan and know CBB needs to go.

Sivad

Quote from: tlmack on November 17, 2017, 01:43:36 am
I am not a Houston Nutt fan
Outside of his family, I'm surprised there even is such a thing.

tlmack

I put that in because someone in a post earlier this week said the only people who didn't like Gus was those who supported Houston Nutt. I guess I could have used a better choice of words.Long day.

Bryant Disciple

This Alabama fan thinks Gus is a very good coach. Maybe he's not a "great" coach just yet, but I do think he is capable of winning a national championship. Personally I wouldn't mind to see him leave Auburn.   ;D

moses_007

Quote from: Bryant Disciple on November 17, 2017, 02:14:44 am
This Alabama fan thinks Gus is a very good coach. Maybe he's not a "great" coach just yet, but I do think he is capable of winning a national championship. Personally I wouldn't mind to see him leave Auburn.   ;D
I suspect any Tide fan would feel that way.  Auburn is always a tough out for you guys.  Wasn't your last regular season loss two years ago on that fluke wide field goal attempt by Bama that was run back all the way by Auburn to beat you guys?

Hogwarrior

Quote from: moses_007 on November 16, 2017, 07:37:57 pm
My prediction right now is Tommy Tuberville as AD, Gus Malzahn as head football coach.

Take it to the bank.

This plus 1000!

prattville pig

Life's too short to last long.

Al Boarland

Booger also sad the whole Long, GOBN situation was a "disaster".

I think eveyone is jumping to conclsusions. No deals have been made. The Auburn/Bama game hasn't been played and Auburn just beat UGA. Whatever feelers were put out when Gus was in Arkansas after tearing us apart were done before Auburn beat UGA. Was Gus evaluating his options before then? He would be dumb not to. Is he without a doubt coming to the UofA. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Seminole Indian

November 17, 2017, 07:06:16 am #67 Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 07:27:10 am by Seminole Indian

After what happened this week I would probably bet they know who their coach is, and he has agreed to take the job, and your AD was not onboard. 

Otherwise why not just wait.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on November 16, 2017, 10:33:21 pm
This has the feel of " hey looky over here." While we're sliding someone in the backdoor.

It does.. doesn't it!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

duckman

Quote from: Seminole Indian on November 17, 2017, 07:06:16 am
After what happened this week I would probably bet they know who their coach is, and he has agreed to take the job, and your AD was not onboard. 

This....

woodrow hog call

Quote from: Seminole Indian on November 17, 2017, 07:06:16 am

Exactly right, that's how you make the said coach (cough gus cough) know you are serious about him.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Bryant Disciple

Quote from: moses_007 on November 17, 2017, 03:26:34 am
I suspect any Tide fan would feel that way.  Auburn is always a tough out for you guys.  Wasn't your last regular season loss two years ago on that fluke wide field goal attempt by Bama that was run back all the way by Auburn to beat you guys?

We also lost a crazy 5-turnover game to Ole Miss in 2015. But the "kick 6" loss to Auburn is the most notorious.

Malzahn's teams always compete. His offensive schemes are clever and he seems to be a good recruiter. In a sense, he's going head-to-head against Saban every day in this state (a task no one would envy), and yet he's won his share of battles.

I know there's some history from the Nutt era, but Gus should be a good fit for you guys.